PDA

View Full Version : Thoroughly annoyed.

MrChumble
29-09-04, 23:01
I hope the launch has gone well from KKs perspective. Everything seems to be running at least, if not smoothly.

For me it's been a total disaster, and now I'm so frustrated I can't even stay logged in for more than 10 minutes without the urge to scream at KK.

The wait was irritating but hardly a disaster. I took the afternoon off work in the unlikely hope that KK would have everything ready to go before time instead of rushing it out at the last minute, but I can't criticise, back when I did mod dev we were just as bad (although we didn't get paid).

The whole experience with trying to transfer my char took me from pleased NC2 was finally here to blood boiling annoyance. Total cockup and shit system from start to finish as far I'm concerned. C2P are more to blame here than KK, but who hired who exactly?

Finally I get in the game...and get stuck in perma sync.

Then I have no money - 90k, on a capped char, fuck right off - so I can't even afford the items I need to do hard research missions - 110k for a turret for a mission reward of 1.5k, did I mention fuck right off - then I discovered the ammo needed for the normal research missions isn't even bpable, and the other item needed is a fscking fusion pistol, which are 10 a penny in Neocron...not.

Then, to add final insult to injury, just as I was warming up to a fully blown rant at Nidhogg he had the indecency to agree with me, totally deflating my sails.

So here I am. Can't do missions cos they're fucked, can't do the epic cos the NPCs are missing, can't get a clan key cos I can't do missions and can't make my clan cos I have no money, can't get a clan key, can't do the epic and can't do missions.

Thoroughly pissed off.

Ozambabbaz
29-09-04, 23:05
doh

maybe you should take a walk with the dogs and get some fresh air?

i feel ya tho :(

GIJ0e
29-09-04, 23:06
remember a while ago when i said nc2 would be a fuck up? i got flamed.

i'm not going to gloat, because this shit affects me as well :( but i was right

-download scr00d, no official dload site
-click2pay - no americans can sign up, takes ages, pointless telephone validation
-same old bugs
-new bugs
-features of nc2 STILL not in at launch (woc in "future patch" wasnt DoY originally a "future patch" o_O )

i'm giving it a month, unless it annoys me too much in the meantime, then i'll just cancel and go play more UT

LiL T
29-09-04, 23:07
I know where your comming from really I do I was just so close to smashing my keyboard and saying fuck it :rolleyes:

Superbron
29-09-04, 23:11
remember a while ago when i said nc2 would be a fuck up? i got flamed.

i'm not going to gloat, because this shit affects me as well :( but i was right

-download scr00d, no official dload site
-click2pay - no americans can sign up, takes ages, pointless telephone validation
-same old bugs
-new bugs
-features of nc2 STILL not in at launch (woc in "future patch" wasnt DoY originally a "future patch" o_O )

i'm giving it a month, unless it annoys me too much in the meantime, then i'll just cancel and go play more UTRight! And you can add this to it: click2pay won't accept VALID creditcards. My mastercard should be invalid according to C2P. WTF! Never have had any problems with this card. :mad:

Cruiser
29-09-04, 23:14
i tried to sign up my second account using my click2wait logon and now my logon has been locked by click2wait themselfs something about my account is insecure?!!

GIJ0e
29-09-04, 23:22
tbh its laugh or cry, i was incredibly irritated earlier by the dload situation (no official dload site WTF) but am feeling fairly ambivalent about it now, its not as if i wasnt expecting it :lol:

incidently, after the BT dload has finished i am not seeding the file. i am not using MY bandwidth to distribute their game. and i have ratios of well over 1:1 on every BT site i use :wtf: there should be an official fast site (even if only for one week, THEN revert to poor quality mirrors) and it should have been organised well in advance

MeWhiteWolf
29-09-04, 23:25
@Cruizer
u must use the activation link in the email from C2P BEFORE u use it for the second account :) - had the same prob

Mr Kot
30-09-04, 00:16
So here I am. Can't do missions cos they're fucked, can't do the epic cos the NPCs are missing, can't get a clan key cos I can't do missions and can't make my clan cos I have no money, can't get a clan key, can't do the epic and can't do missions.

Well, it could be worse... you could be like my main character who doesn't research.... or construct... or repair... or do any of the mission requirements except kill things. Looks like it's gonna be the aggies for me when i get online. No change there; it's just like levelling a noob again.

Shame about the epics though, but i'm sure it's not gonna stay like that. Watch this space for the next patch.

The lack of a clan key may prevent you from forming a clan in name, but not in practice. Your "clan" will have to share a runners appartment and be added to your buddy list for now. Again, it's a case of "make do". My clannies will be doing exactly that until we make our fortune and get settled. Many organisations in real life start small too, making do and getting by with what they have.

Don't feel so hard done by if u only have 90k either. New players start with 200nc after repping out of MC5. They all had to start somewhere and still went on to make their millions. Finding a way around the problem is all part of the game. Killing stuff makes you money. You already have your armour and good weapons with you, so go out and kill some high level mobs for an hour; you'll rake it in. After the first couple of kills, you will have earned enough to pay for your ammo, any kills after that are profit. If u hit a cashflow crisis, think of what a person with nothing may do in RL: pawn something. Sell your boots or something if it means getting that precious few clips of ammo to finish off that doomreaper. Did you transfer a valuable item with you from NC1 to sell for money?

When i made my noob character on Saturn, i didn't stand in Plaza asking passers by for cash handouts, i wanted to use cunning and strategy to make what little money i had go further. Just take comfort from the fact that everybody else will be in the same boat as you, so we all start off on an equal footing. It's all part of the fun, enjoy it ;)

Disturbed021
30-09-04, 00:36
I'm in the US and I dld it fine.
Installed fine.
Signed up for click2pay fine.
Upgraded account fine.
Transfered chars fine.
Been playing for an hour or so.
*shrug*

Judge
30-09-04, 01:25
Well, it could be worse... you could be like my main character who doesn't research.... or construct... or repair... or do any of the mission requirements except kill things. Looks like it's gonna be the aggies for me when i get online. No change there; it's just like levelling a noob again.

Same dude. :(

Thing is I need to get my hands on a non rare lowtech pistol. I didn't think about actually transfering one over (because I'm actually that clever).

solling
30-09-04, 01:27
at least u can plat the game dude its more then most peops can

Tostino
30-09-04, 01:29
I still am stuck on my acount not being canceld :( Any ideas??

Nidhogg
30-09-04, 01:31
I still am stuck on my acount not being canceld :( Any ideas??
Probably waiting on WorldPay in your case.

N

Tostino
30-09-04, 01:36
Probably waiting on WorldPay in your case.

N
I canceld it at 4:10 pm my time and now its fucking 7:40.
Thats a long time man

MrTrip
30-09-04, 01:36
I know where your comming from really I do I was just so close to smashing my keyboard and saying fuck it :rolleyes:

Hey T...we should have just killed everybody in Beta when we had the chance :lol: before this happened.

Well this is dandy...from what I hear I don't even want to attempt to transfer my shit until November. But with the way things are going I don't want to be charged more...what the hell do I do?

I want to have a grand total of what I'm going to spend on this little cluster fuck....

$9.95 ish reactivation for my NC1 account

$19.00 or something like that for DoY upgrade...

$13.00 for a NC2 account?

Is this correct? $41.95 USD?????!!!!

If so...fuck it I will go play GTA:VC...at least there I can go on a killing spree without a newbie going IM CALLING A GM AND HAVING YOU BANNED... o_O

NS_CHROME54
30-09-04, 01:38
Then, to add final insult to injury, just as I was warming up to a fully blown rant at Nidhogg he had the indecency to agree with me, totally deflating my sails.

lol this really made me laugh :lol::lol::lol:

what can i say? 0wn3d

Nidhogg
30-09-04, 01:39
Sorry dude. :p

N

Mr Kot
30-09-04, 01:56
Same dude. :(

Thing is I need to get my hands on a non rare lowtech pistol. I didn't think about actually transfering one over (because I'm actually that clever).

Never fear, my clan is here ;)

The NNRA clan has always helped out new players and i guess you're all gonna be newbies to some degree.

My clannies and I have been planning the move for some weeks now, and we are well prepared. We should have enough equipment to make various weapons, so DM myself or one of my clan in game and maybe we can help you. NNRA may have a name change in NC2 though, that's yet to be decided. Then again, we can't make a clan straight away, so just look me up by name.

Before you ask.... no, you can't borrow my rare pistols :p