PDA

View Full Version : Namefilter! ??

[TgR]KILLER
29-09-04, 22:58
Soooo dit they change the final namefilter as it should be like we talked about months ago.. or is it still the crap one that was on in end of beta ?

i REALY wanna use my nick name "nickname" name as i made up juding by the rules setup months ago.. if they changed the stupid filter since then i have 0 names O.o

GIJ0e
29-09-04, 23:00
nah it'll probably be fucked m8, i'd come up with some alternatives, but dont put too many consonents together and shit :)

Shinto
29-09-04, 23:01
ive got about 10 backup names incase it dont accept my main name :lol:

Ozambabbaz
03-10-04, 02:53
well, it sucks as it is, i find more inspiration in [TgR]Killer than in AssMaSTeR or BAD ASS or Back Door Lover.

wasn't it also the purpose of the namefilter to discourage such names?

athon
03-10-04, 03:11
Using " in your name causes problems atm, but you can use it.

Problems found so far:
Name appears with " escaped by \ on character selection and ingame chat.
Once you get out of your apartment, you can't get back in.

I have a help desk ticket pending on this. Hopefully it'll get sorted early this week.

As for names like 'bad ass' there should be a list of words which are banned, including swear words in all languages, offensive language and crappy words that would never appear in a sensible name such as 'ass', 'bad' and 'loser'... and 'killer' :lol: Only joking Killer =P

Athon Solo

Jesterthegreat
03-10-04, 13:04
Using " in your name causes problems atm, but you can use it.

Problems found so far:
Name appears with " escaped by \ on character selection and ingame chat.
Once you get out of your apartment, you can't get back in.

I have a help desk ticket pending on this. Hopefully it'll get sorted early this week.

As for names like 'bad ass' there should be a list of words which are banned, including swear words in all languages, offensive language and crappy words that would never appear in a sensible name such as 'ass', 'bad' and 'loser'... and 'killer' :lol: Only joking Killer =P

Athon Solo

thats all fine until you get the SWG problems where you cant type class because it contains "ass".

if i wanted to call myself Assassin or something i would not be impressed with being refused because it has "ass" twice in my name

athon
03-10-04, 13:16
Yeah - good point. Everyone seems to run around SWG using auto-generated names.

I couldn't use 'Athon Solo' on SWG because apparently Han is the only Solo in the SW universe.

Athon Solo

Jesterthegreat
03-10-04, 13:20
Yeah - good point. Everyone seems to run around SWG using auto-generated names.

I couldn't use 'Athon Solo' on SWG because apparently Han is the only Solo in the SW universe.

Athon Solo

lmao... i loved trying to ask what class people were etc :p

[TgR]KILLER
03-10-04, 13:24
well i got acces to husks account since he's not playing as much and i'm waiting till next week till he activates my acc.. but on a emty slot i tried to make a runner called name "nickname" name and it wouldn't work :/

athon
03-10-04, 13:38
These were transferred characters, so the name was set using the web based system. It's also possible that they've disabled the ability to use " in names until they figure out how to correct it.

I'm not particularly bothered about having " there, but I just think it's a nice feature.

Athon Solo

[TgR]KILLER
03-10-04, 14:14
i ajusted all names anyway.. for some i now take the nickname as first name ( on killer killer gonna be my first name now and not my original one ) and on others i just leave the nickname out.. without the " " to put the real nickname in they just gonna have 2 names instead of 3.

athon
04-10-04, 12:27
The official word form KK is that " are not allowed.

It sounds to me like they've gone the wrong way with the name filter on the transfer website, and instead of allowing only valid characters, are trying to disallow invalid ones.

This method nearly always causes problems as one user (in this case - me!) finds an invalid character you forgot to exclude. Not to mention the fact that regex makes allowing only valid characters a peice of piss.

Athon Solo