PDA

View Full Version : Do you own Multiple Accounts and did you pre-order the upgrade?

SyncError
29-09-04, 21:06
I did too.

Did you hear that they aren't honoring that anymore and that you have to buy a copy for each account you upgrade? I just did.

Well I can't afford to buy four copies... which is why I pre-ordered half a year ago to upgrade my four accounts.

jernau
29-09-04, 21:19
Hah, they broke that promise in record time - less than 24 hours IIRC.

Sucks to be loyal doesn't it.

Spy XX
29-09-04, 21:22
Hah, they broke that promise in record time - less than 24 hours IIRC.

Sucks to be loyal doesn't it.

thats not really true, alot of community members argued that it would be unfair if some players just have to pay 1 time for 4 accounts, and they whined till k changed it.

jernau
29-09-04, 21:27
[ edited ]

Birkoff
29-09-04, 21:29
DONT BELIVE ANYTHING THEY SAY IF IT SOUNDS LIKE ITS IN YOUR FAVOUR :)

true dat TBH

SyncError
29-09-04, 21:35
They didn't offer me a piece of gum to find out that they were already all out.

They were selling their product and told me that we could either buy a new account copy for a given higher price or I could buy at a discounted rate an upgrade edition to upgrade up to four accounts, which I gave to them through their online pre-order page within the first 24 hours of them making the option available.

NEVER have I seen them post that they were no longer honoring the pre-orders OR that the upgrade edition would now only upgrade one account.

Forget a measely database crash that caused us to lose 20 days of work... I've been on their "pre-order list" to upgrade my 4 accounts for half a year! That's paying and playing those four accounts all for the purpose of moving to NC2... and now.. what... they are telling me I have to pay nearly 3x the previously agreed amount?

I AM A CLAN LEADER. I am carrying items for ALL of my clan members on my characters quickbelts. If I cannot afford to upgrade all my accounts, they too are out of many of their items.

This is a complete joke. I don't care if the price of the upgrade has been reduced, its still $18. That's going to be $80 for an upgrade that was supposed to be free? And now I've wasted HOURS of setting up characters that I cannot afford to transfer because it was my understanding that I had already pre-ordered through the company to upgrade my four accounts for a previously agreed price.

Lexxuk
29-09-04, 21:37
No, a small number of underage ass-hats complained it was "too complicated" for their cousin-loving, retard, monkey brains to cope with and KK used that as an excuse to further fuck-over their customers.:rolleyes:

damn dude, that would make a perfect sig line :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spy XX
29-09-04, 21:38
They didn't offer me a piece of gum to find out that they were already all out.

They were selling their product and told me that we could either buy a new account copy for a given higher price or I could buy at a discounted rate an upgrade edition to upgrade up to four accounts, which I gave to them through their online pre-order page within the first 24 hours of them making the option available.

NEVER have I seen them post that they were no longer honoring the pre-orders OR that the upgrade edition would now only upgrade one account.

Forget a measely database crash that caused us to lose 20 days of work... I've been on their "pre-order list" to upgrade my 4 accounts for half a year! That's paying and playing those four accounts all for the purpose of moving to NC2... and now.. what... they are telling me I have to pay nearly 3x the previously agreed amount?

I AM A CLAN LEADER. I am carrying items for ALL of my clan members on my characters quickbelts. If I cannot afford to upgrade all my accounts, they too are out of many of their items.

This is a complete joke. I don't care if the price of the upgrade has been reduced, its still $18. That's going to be $80 for an upgrade that was supposed to be free? And now I've wasted HOURS of setting up characters that I cannot afford to transfer because it was my understanding that I had already pre-ordered through the company to upgrade my four accounts for a previously agreed price.

well lets do some math:

account upgrade fee: 19,95
1 month free gametime: 12,95

"real" upgrade cost: 7 €

and thats still not including the 16 % Vat save you get when you are living outside of europe.

jernau
29-09-04, 21:45
well lets do some math:

account upgrade fee: 19,95
1 month free gametime: 12,95

"real" upgrade cost: 7 €

and thats still not including the 16 % Vat save you get when you are living outside of europe.1) There was always a free* month included
2) It's not worth 12.95 unless you are very very very stupid and pay monthly
3) A second free month was also offered at that time for changing payment company - this was also retracted
4) However you work it out it's going to cost loyal customers a LOT more.

* - "Free" my arse - show me an MMO that doesn't include the first month in the box. That's like selling a book with "free pages" or a can of coke with "free coke". :mad:

SyncError
29-09-04, 21:53
1) There was always a free* month included
2) It's not worth 12.95 unless you are very very very stupid and pay monthly
3) A second free month was also offered at that time for changing payment company - this was also retracted
4) However you work it out it's going to cost loyal customers a LOT more.

Precisely. I was about to post all of the above.