PDA

View Full Version : Constructing, Researching, and Recycling Spy

thebee
29-09-04, 18:03
I personally like this spy setup. I worked on it and it helped out alot especially at the beginning alittle harder at the end when trying to cap but fun to do with a spy. I went for the all around provide as much service to the community as possible and turn yourself a decent profit.

These are the end results.

I have attached some screenshots to this post with each of the different scenarios Constructing, Researching, or REcycling.

Also, most of these chips are not going to be real easy to find or get. So the SS and the MC5 chip can be made up by visiting a friendly or owned Outpost (Lab, Factory, Mine) which will give you either +25-50 in Researching, Construction, or Recycling.

My thought on all the recycling is, that with that high of a recycling skill you can recycle a weapon and get nearly all the weapon parts out of it (if not all of them) and recreate the weapon. This way you can keep making the weapon at no cost(except for grease and substance) until you get that 5 slotter. I am also curious if this would work on a rare. I havent yet tried that.

But to cap all non rare items 165 +/-5 is good in construction. This way you dont need to run around looking for a researcher if you want to do this all together.

This setup is meant to use Heavy Combat as your weapon. Grenade launchers at Street Works work great...level nicely there. Then get yourself a combat hovertech and ride out in the waste lands beating on some of the bigger mobs. Then go back to a rocket launcher or grenade launcher and head to el fraid to clean up on scorpians. This strat isnt mean to be PvP or a loan player. Its best to have help around incase you get yourself in trouble.

But implants will be easy to yank out and put back in. All except the MC5 and SS ... cant just BP and recreate them you have to make sure not to yank those in and out much.

CyberKhan
30-09-04, 19:22
Where do you get the advanced Skill builder from? A d/l? website? Please post, thx.

MeWhiteWolf
11-10-04, 02:05
you don't get all the parts back usually 2ish parts and chems
a rare will not yield the rareparts when salvaged - pls don't waste it.
it's already been done but not sure if the post remains after the new release.

ashman
17-10-04, 00:26
Thanks for this brief overview. Thatīs exactly how I want my Character to be ^^

Wiz
18-10-04, 09:35
About that insane high recycling.. is this just your 'thought' or have you tried it and it really works? Of what I've read from others Salvage dosn't seem to give much, you are the only one who I've found that has made a comment to get it and use it.

If it don't really give me all that much I think i go for insane high Repair since it's always scary to give your prized weapons to others just to get em fixed..

/Wiz

Bugs Gunny
18-10-04, 11:36
At 130 recycle i would salvage rhino keys and get back 2 comp 10's some others and chems.

Not bad, considdering i could use those to build new ones in NC1.

Right now my guy is hacker 117; researcher 179, driving 101, repair 163, recycle 27. Works great for vehicles, you come home with ressed parts and you can go at it for hours and hours in the rhino.