PDA

View Full Version : Levelling past INT/DEX 90 as a Driver

Mumblyfish
29-09-04, 17:02
Is it possible? I've tried and tried and tried... and short of using NC1's rhino-repairing exploit, it just didn't seem at all doable. Experience gains are just horrendous. Around 1/10th of a rifle spy's experience in DEX alone. I spent six months as a driver, almost constantly PvMing, and until I gave in and exploited I only managed to get to DEX 89. Doesn't this strike anyone else as a huge problem?

Clownst0pper
29-09-04, 17:15
Is it possible? I've tried and tried and tried... and short of using NC1's rhino-repairing exploit, it just didn't seem at all doable. Experience gains are just horrendous. Around 1/10th of a rifle spy's experience in DEX alone. I spent six months as a driver, almost constantly PvMing, and until I gave in and exploited I only managed to get to DEX 89. Doesn't this strike anyone else as a huge problem?

OK ill give you a tip.

Make your spy, spec 80 in Remote Control, spec 50 in Willpower.

Get leveling like mad putting all your points in vehicle/repair.

once you cap, and over cap, you will be able to lom out all your RCL and WILLPOWER without loosing a single level.

I cap every single spy ive ever made like this, takes a week when using AOE drones in graves or CC

Mumblyfish
29-09-04, 17:18
That's a pretty faulty viewpoint, though. "You can't level with vehicles, put points in something else instead"... but my character isn't a droner, nor will he ever be. He's a grease-monkey, a mechanic. Fiddly things aren't his forte, he likes big cogs and knobs. *Cough*. Like capping through tradeskills was made possible, I'd like to see capping through driving made as realistic as any other combat class, bearing in mind drivers also get to see no caves or anything.

Clownst0pper
29-09-04, 17:21
That's a pretty faulty viewpoint, though. "You can't level with vehicles, put points in something else instead"... but my character isn't a droner, nor will he ever be. He's a grease-monkey, a mechanic. Fiddly things aren't his forte, he likes big cogs and knobs. *Cough*. Like capping through tradeskills was made possible, I'd like to see capping through driving made as realistic as any other combat class, bearing in mind drivers also get to see no caves or anything.

Of course im aware its not capping as a driver, as everyone knows its impossible.

Yes it needs addressing, but for the sake of loming a little to RCL and Willpower to then cap, and lom it out is genious, youll have a capped vehicle spy in afew days.

Its just a suggestions, and the best one youll get :rolleyes:

Mumblyfish
29-09-04, 17:34
Haha, don't fret Clownie, I appreciate the advice. I wasn't throwing an OMFG LOMS SUK U SUK KK SUX hissy fit. It's just that I'm rather miffed that to level as this combat class, I'll have to pick up another weapon skill. Boo.

Heavyporker
30-09-04, 18:36
Well, aside from STR/CON, its pretty hard to level up INT/DEX.

INT would seem to rise a fair bit faster than DEX at the higher levels thanks to the t-c/wpl use giving it a boost (those that drive/gun and say that wpl is useless obviously don't know shit, I say)

The only suggestion I could give would be to get a team (teams = PE leveling wetdream, especially PSI-wise), to go with you in a very mob-dense area (remember that spot past blackhill fort, and that other spot at gaya?) and just go hunt - the team goes on foot and engages the mobs that your vec's main gun isn't taking on...

(hey, with heavy trike, you got a two-fer hitting the main target)

This seems to be to be, really, quite fun and engaging, very constructive in learning the real value and experience of teamwork.

Plus, looting becomes a whole lot easier now that YOU, as the driver, won't have to drive over every damn 1-ton corpse.

Mumblyfish
30-09-04, 22:25
The only suggestion I could give would be to get a team (teams = PE leveling wetdream, especially PSI-wise)
Are you suggesting that I'm a PE? No, see, I can't be a PE. Because I don't LOSE. The STR/CON gains are pretty arse considering you cap those two at 40 and the skills you get bugger-all for at 100.

Heavyporker
02-10-04, 00:31
well, mumbly, suggest to KK that the act of driving itself give you lots of DEX and INT exp over time.

Militaryman
12-10-04, 16:47
It would be nice as well if higher vehicle skill improved acceleration rate, handling control, response times, and all of the above when piloting a vehicle. It would make alot of sense to get your vehicle skills through the roof when acting as the pilot of an aircraft or tank. This way you would be sure to succeed at it.

(Also here's hoping that Vehicle be moved to Intelligence base as Dex should be more used for Repair skills..)