PDA

View Full Version : The PE Hacker

garyu69
29-09-04, 04:27
I am one of those most likely rare items you will see, a Rifle PE who also is able to hack at high level.

Now, prior to the introduction to Hacknet i was LowTech Rifles with 115 hack. Enough to take any level of OP and any belt.

But now with Hacknet there is a Req of T-C for attacking software.
So now its decision time. Do i LoM to create enough T-C to still be a viable hacker but in the process probably completly messing up my attacking setup.

Or do i remain a OP and Belt hacker only?

Or should PE's just not hack.

Doggy
29-09-04, 05:35
a pe shouldn't do anything...... :rolleyes:

now in nc2 they can't really use flying vehicles, and dont have enough skillpoints for the hacknet. a pe cant use any new thing in doy ^^

what you could do is lom pistol/tc. so you would still be able to fight in the "real world" (^^) and use attack software in hacknet...

Morpheous
29-09-04, 10:04
I find the solution in a thing called an Alt :P

Apart from that, hop on the hightech pistol bandwagon, like my main (Spy) :)

Loki[TFA]
29-09-04, 10:16
Well, I'm an HiTec Rifle PE & I'm also able to hack Ops up to Stage 3....
So in my oppinion it's possible to create a very skilled PE, which is able to defend & attack others and also support in op fights!

You have just 2 tweak around....

People who know me, will agree that I'm one of the most feared one on one fighters in my clan...

So... a hacking HiTec Rifle PE is a very deadly char in the hands of a skilled player...

Greets
-=Loki=-
[S.T.A.R.S.]
[Special Forces Squadleader]

Drake6k
29-09-04, 10:47
The problem with PEs in hacknet is implants dont work. That means no matter what you cant use high level hacknet weapons/buffs/exc. Also not all of them require tech combat. As a hightech (judge) hacking pe (130 hack selfbuff) I'm hoping I will be viable in NC2 hacknet... but we'll see.

kk, let implants work in hacknet please ;)

Birkoff
29-09-04, 10:48
You should role a spy.... jsut a thought :)

solling
29-09-04, 10:57
go high tech u cant use the uba software still unless u gimp urself heavily but u will be able to use the basic or even number 2

AND the high tech weapons ARE better

as regards to not cap aiming get a laser pointer :P

garyu69
29-09-04, 16:59
Right everyone who said role a spy is going to be killed, and those who said pistols too :p

Loki, what kind of stats do you get on your guns? say a Pain Easer and Ray of God as they would be the 2 guns i would use if i do take the T-C route.

And i never knew imps didn't work in hacknet, there goes my idea to stick a CyberEye 4 in for T-C :(

Platzy
29-09-04, 22:37
Well, at least in Beta, they didn't work.
Hopefully that's sorted out by now (couldn't check yet) - otherwise most of the Hack-Imps would be kinda useless... ;)

Doggy
30-09-04, 05:33
']Well, I'm an HiTec Rifle PE & I'm also able to hack Ops up to Stage 3....
So in my oppinion it's possible to create a very skilled PE, which is able to defend & attack others and also support in op fights!

You have just 2 tweak around....

People who know me, will agree that I'm one of the most feared one on one fighters in my clan...

So... a hacking HiTec Rifle PE is a very deadly char in the hands of a skilled player...

Greets
-=Loki=-
[S.T.A.R.S.]
[Special Forces Squadleader]

hi loki... its henry faber, the n00b pe ;)

yes you are a feared 1on1 fighter, but i think even with a good playerskill pe's have no sense in op fights. you could hack 3 stage, but now u need more skills for the hacknet software, and a pe does not have enough. thats what i think.

solling
30-09-04, 13:04
Loki, what kind of stats do you get on your guns? say a Pain Easer and Ray of God as they would be the 2 guns i would use if i do take the T-C route.

well know this wasent adressed to me :P but i capped the RoG in all but FREQ i had liek 175 or so Rifle combat and i DONT wear PA so ull have a lot more with that