PDA

View Full Version : Little Britain

Opar
28-09-04, 18:58
Okay, I listened to Little Britain when it was first on, on the radio, and i've loved Matt Lucas and David Williams ever since. I watched little Britain on TV this time last year, when it was first aired, comic genius. So, I thought, as they are repeating it now on BBC 1, I thought id go out and buy the video. WTF? Couldnt find it anywhere, so I ordered the DVD (out October 11). Anyway, i couldnt wait to get it, so I 'aquired' series 1 (televised version).

And seriously, it is one of THE funniest things I have EVER seen. I may have seen all of them before, but they care friggin HILARIOUS. I recommend ANYONE to go out and buy/order/aquire a copy of Little Britain.

I mean, well yeah but no but yeah but yeah but no but yeah.

Class.

If you dont believe me, check out Vicky Pollard (a character in little britain)

"Doesn't matter ne way coz we got one of dese (sniffs pritt stick) Come on girls, lets go, dis place is RABBASH!"

GIJ0e
28-09-04, 19:03
i'll acquire it somehow, got the radio stuff on my ipod when i lent it my m8 for his hols (plus lots of other shit his wife stuck on there, fuck me theres some shit on it)

you ever watch spaced? now there was comic genius, managed to pick up both series on dvd for about £15 the pair in a secondhand shop as well :D

Opar
28-09-04, 19:07
Nah, I havent Joe, ill see if I can find a copy.

For those of you who dont know anythign about Little Britain, heres a little summary I copied and pasted from a some site

‘Little Britain’ has become Britain's best-loved sketch comedy since ‘The Fast Show’ – at this year’s BAFTAs it won Best Comedy Programme or Series and both of its stars were nominated for Best Comedy Performance. In its first series it has gone from cult cool to the kind of quotable success that comedy classics are made of.

The characters from ‘Little Britain’ are already household names: Daffyd, the only gay man in his village (and that’s the way he wants to keep it); Jason, the teenage boy with an unhealthy attraction to his best friend’s granny; Marjorie Dawes as the terrifying FatFighters group leader; Emily Howard, the rubbish transvestite; Bernard Chumley, the ageing theatre actor with a suspicious need to rid himself of his sister; and, of course, Vicky Pollard as the incomparably incoherent young offender.

The show has made stars of Matt Lucas – who appeared as overgrown baby George Dawes on BBC Two quiz ‘Shooting Stars’ – and David Walliams, previously seen on the comedy-drama ‘Attachments’ and spoof show ‘Rock Profiles’, alongside Lucas.

Mumblyfish
28-09-04, 19:07
you ever watch spaced? now there was comic genius, managed to pick up both series on dvd for about £15 the pair in a secondhand shop as well :D
Quoted for genius. Spaced is THE BEST comedy yet made. Correction, the best TV yet made. It's totally clued in to modern culture, all the pop references, STAR WARS, paintballing, raves, drug culture... it's a comedy that actually connects with the early 20s-teens of today. And the characters are brilliant. The various guest appearances are amusing, too. I can't recommend Spaced enough, it blows away every other comedy out there. Inspired.

The Collector's Edition DVD came out today, and from what I've watched it's fantastic. I don't regret buying it, bearing in mind I have two VHS and four DVDs of Spaced. The special features on the CE rock, so far! Light up a fatty, get the fucking Jaffa Cakes. Oi oi!

Dribble Joy
28-09-04, 19:15
Spaced is indeed genius.

'Sorry about that I was dealing with some issues of mine.'
*cut to scene of Tim standing next to a bomfire piled high with Star Wars memerobilia*
'Oh come on, Phantom Menace wasn't that bad'
*Tim's face screws up into a ball of hatred*

The rave scene with Mike leading the rest of a club to dance to the A-Team tune, brilliant.

GIJ0e
28-09-04, 19:16
hrhrhr too orangey for crows tbh

4 dvd's? what am i missing? 0_o special editions and stuff? heard a rumour that due to success of shaun of the dead (yet more genius) they might be making spaced series 3 :D

btw did you see wheels' cameo in shaun of the dead? hes one of the zombies in the crowd outside the winchester :lol:

Mumblyfish
28-09-04, 19:54
hrhrhr too orangey for crows tbh

4 dvd's? what am i missing? 0_o special editions and stuff? heard a rumour that due to success of shaun of the dead (yet more genius) they might be making spaced series 3 :D

btw did you see wheels' cameo in shaun of the dead? hes one of the zombies in the crowd outside the winchester :lol:
Loads of people in Spaced are in Shaun. Too many to count, tee bee haych. It's Tyres, by the way... not Wheels ;)

The 4 DVDs are Season 1, Season 2, Box Set (both of them), and Collectors Edition (3 DVD set) which came out today. The Collector's Edition rocks socks, and any Spaced fan should get it. They talk a bit about a Series 3 in the documentary, and the general opinion among them was "We've left it too late". And they have. The characters are in their thirties now, they've grown up. It just doesn't seem right to do a Spaced where they're no longer part of the pop-culture twenty-somethings. And I have to agree, as much as I'd like a third series, just be happy with the two we've got. Best comedy ever.

And I think this calls for a new avatar *boots up Fireworks*...

Barar
28-09-04, 20:07
Little Britian is superb - As is League of gentlemen

Dribble Joy
28-09-04, 20:10
LoG is great I love it when Pauline is in prison and starts running a trade of stuff for pens.

'What's this??! Barely an inch left in that!!'
'It's all I've got!!'

Lachlan
28-09-04, 20:43
And seriously, it is one of THE funniest things I have EVER seen. I may have seen all of them before, but they care friggin HILARIOUS. I recommend ANYONE to go out and buy/order/aquire a copy of Little Britain.
I caught Little Britian by accident on BBC America and after the first two minutes I was programming the DVR to record every episode forever and ever.

Brilliant! (wait, that's another show)...

Dribble Joy
28-09-04, 20:47
Tell you what is funny, the Goon Show.

Classic comedy, Spike MIlligan is a genius.