PDA

View Full Version : a few questions/problems with nc2

Xylaz
28-09-04, 16:57
Yeah, nc2 is just behind the door, now its time to sit and think, make some plans and strategies, yet there are still too many questions unanswered and i'd like to discuss few matters here...

1. CM
I know there is another thread about it, but as a CM i just cannot agree with it. I think majority of players dont know how much CM are messed up in nc2 (well, from beta experience).

- Having only one enemy will simply result in a fact that a Merc's life will be an endless journey to fix SL. It was a problem in NC1, but now it'll be a nightmare. The choice either do not fight anyone at all, or fight everyone and loose SL constantly (surely people will do their best to help us achieve red SL then to gank us with a large force with a hope for a nice belt reward...

We had a long talk with our clan and we'll probably move back to BT, because we dont see any real way out of this situation. Either we die from boredom or got ruined pretty fast due to red sl deaths. Regardless of how much i like beeing a merc, how much i like the faction and the people i meet there (on saturn esp.) i dont see it works...
Maybe some other Mercs can tell me, how they expect (plan) to live in their new conditions?

- faction office
well, it's great looking, bar is awesome, and i'm very happy with it, but why it isnt a safezone? It wont bother me, but may be the negative factors for many people.
Besides - if we *really* are going to start NC2 in a faction HQ... it'll be a living hell there. Our lovely neutrals will camp this place whole day in order to get our precious belts filled with rares... Well, let's hope i'm wrong

2. Political relations
whilst its not that important i'm still confused with it. Can someone explain to me why TG are the doy faction now? No neocronicle or the votr have explained this and it's pretty mysterious thing to me. TG moved out from the canyone to DoY and take over? Why the DoY guards everywhere then?
Btw what's exactly going on with the canyon now?

Another thing, as we all know desert is full of those cute DoY bots who will shoot every procity faction on sight, right? Now, what we have near neocron, besides 2 storm bots at the city gates? Let's see... another entrance free for all to come by, and another one free to all neg SL ones, and a secret passage free to all doy factions...
And people are surprised NC is beeing raided??? What's going on here?
Is DoY raidable as easily as nc? DO we have any secret unguarded entrances to DoY? Severs maybe? This is very wierd, really

3. Tech Haven
Basically, this move will neglect all what we could achieve by removing the safezones out of nc... It's stupid and pointless. I hate it. It would be much better idea to let the security system work and attack everyone with a drawn weapons... but safe zone is.... bleh

Yelly
28-09-04, 17:27
Maybe they put more guards out in retail of NC 2 near NC entrance
And when I did join NC 1 I did start in my app not in faction hq
Maybe someone else can fill in more

joran420
28-09-04, 20:42
there may be secret entrances to DOY that have not been found yet...or maybe they are planned but not in beta....I dunno