PDA

View Full Version : Client for sale in the UK

Kuya
28-09-04, 13:39
The client is out for sale in the UK, when is it gonna be able for download?

Mr Kot
28-09-04, 13:41
For Sale???

Where????

Kuya
28-09-04, 13:42
Bruce on pluto bought it about 20 minutes ago

switchback
28-09-04, 13:44
bought it where?

Riddle
28-09-04, 13:46
WTF
For sale u say...mmmmmm
:D

ArgieD
28-09-04, 13:46
still better to donwload I think...

Riddle
28-09-04, 13:50
still better to donwload I think...

Maybe your right.....bought copy installing disc done yeah ... wait i need a patch???
WTF 24 hours to DL how F BIG??
shoulda downloaded :lol:

Nidhogg
28-09-04, 13:55
Not sure what this is about either. Only thing we can think of is the PC Zone coverdisk.

N

/edit mod > KK :D

Iorghe
28-09-04, 13:56
The client is available in the PCZone UK magazine (with DVD) of this month.

Marshall1
28-09-04, 14:01
i take it is the full client on the pc zone mag but i suppose it needs all the patches lol so would have ot download the patches

Mr Kot
28-09-04, 14:03
Hmm, i went to the shop on Saturday and looked at PC Zone. It was the November issue and the cover disk had no mention of Neocron there. The contents page made no mention, nor did the MMORPG review section. Having said that, i didn't buy the thing so i haven't searched the actual disk. Reading the "coming in the December issue" section revealed no clue either.

The December issue is on sale from October (no, I don't understand that either) so the November issue must have been on sale for the last week and a half. Can somebody confirm whether it was on an issue that I missed?

Marshall1
28-09-04, 14:04
yea would help for this ot be cleared up as then i can decide weather im downloading the client or bying a mag

switchback
28-09-04, 14:05
i looked at the november one last night and it didnt mention NC

Mr Kot
28-09-04, 14:08
Riddle, please tell us!!!!

We need magazine, issue date and location of goodies!!!

Riddle
28-09-04, 14:09
It was the November issue and the cover disk had no mention of Neocron there. The contents page made no mention, nor did the MMORPG review section.
Dude i got no idea if its out yet, same here i checked the mag no descriptions no mention?

as for this :

.....bought copy installing disc done yeah ... wait i need a patch???

was my bad attempt at humour :lol:
try threadstarter for confirmation although as stated by Iorghe :

The client is available in the PCZone UK magazine (with DVD) of this month.

But which Issue??????

nobby
28-09-04, 14:13
Aaaargggghhhhhhhh!

Dont Lie!
In's Not This Month's One!

Mr Kot
28-09-04, 14:14
GAAAHH!! The supense!!!

I gotta work now :( but come half past three i'll be straight down those shops ;) I'll keep ya posted....

*races to be first online tomorrow*

greendonkeyuk
28-09-04, 14:20
judging by previous posts.... its either in the october mag... or its a hoax? I dont know really. whens the download available?

Nidhogg
28-09-04, 14:29
There are currently no patches to apply after installing the retail client. That won't last for long though probably. ;)

N

OpTi
28-09-04, 14:31
nid, whens the DL gonna be available? i wanna set it going so i can have it before the servers come up, and can we have a proper DL like from an ftp and not a torrent?

Marshall1
28-09-04, 14:32
lol probably
got to find the client first loks like it will be download verison for me

Nidhogg
28-09-04, 14:41
nid, whens the DL gonna be available?
I'll let you know as soon as I know (if someone else doesn't beat me to it ;) )

N

switchback
28-09-04, 14:41
lol wont be any patches. me sees this lasting for all of one weeks at best. not KK's fault really, well is, but there is nothing wrong with patches, i always found it fun finding out what ent wrong and what new is in

OpTi
28-09-04, 14:43
I'll let you know as soon as I know (if someone else doesn't beat me to it ;) )

N

you got 1 hour 5 mins till i set off for work, better hurry :P

Marshall1
28-09-04, 14:45
can we kepe saturn stuff of this thread please dont want this one closed just about coverdisk and client download please

switchback
28-09-04, 14:46
um what ? saturn stuff?

Marshall1
28-09-04, 14:48
lol wont be any patches. me sees this lasting for all of one weeks at best. not KK's fault really, well is,

this statement but it might of been innocent i justed wanted to try to aviod saturn stuff

switchback
28-09-04, 14:51
i wasnt refering to saturn in the slightest, did you even read my thread?

Marshall1
28-09-04, 14:52
yea im just edgey lol sorry :)

Nidhogg
28-09-04, 14:53
There will always be patches because that's how new content is delivered. Incidentally, the sticky has now closed so you're allowed to discuss it elsewhere. Similar threads will be merged though so please bear that in mind.

N

Akasha
28-09-04, 15:32
Bruce on pluto bought it about 20 minutes ago

post a pic of the front cover or something plz!

notneo
28-09-04, 17:29
i got the wife to go shop to get mag.

she got oct,no mention

went back saw the nov issue,no mention

mind you they were the cd issues but they did the dvd content,unless its hidden in the extras it aint there yet

yeh yeh i know its the dvd but they do list the contents in the mag

bummer :(

Dribble Joy
28-09-04, 17:49
I have no DVD drive anyway, DL or buying it for meh.

28-09-04, 17:51
OK I'm confused (but then I have just come back from my Honeymoon to windswept Florida)

I filled in the pre-register/order thing for DoY on the web site months ago and havent heard anything, now I'm reading that NC2 goes live tomorrow (????) but cant find anywhere to download or buy it (I'm UK too)

Can someone clear this all up for me please

-edit-
BTW I used to play on Saturn (but havent played in several months) do I need to be worried about character transfer?

Dribble Joy
28-09-04, 17:56
Afaik, the pre-register means jack poo.

You cancel you NC1 account and reactivate/update it to NC2 as far as I see atm.

Marshall1
28-09-04, 17:58
yea if you havnt set your saturn char up woith just quickbelt items and his imps in and his armour you must do that as they will be only things transfered so yes you prob go do it asap the chars get copied tommorow at 12pm cest

|R@zor|
28-09-04, 18:22
Does anyone know for sure whether its on the November Issue DVD (ie bought it and had a look), i know it not on the october issue as its been out a few weeks and i have it.

Akasha
28-09-04, 18:28
Ok the next issue is out on 14th Oct. even on the slowest d/l speed we will of all d/l it by then, way to go KK :mad:

Britneeey
28-09-04, 18:32
Omg the forum freakin out on a statement of me lol :lol:

kk to make that clear i am from austria, the german pc mags are sold here too, and the client is on the cd of serveral mags in germany this month.

So if you are not from austria,germany or switzerland cant help you sry.....

Just said i got the client, totally legally from a pc mag chill guys :angel:

Tratos
28-09-04, 18:39
Ok the next issue is out on 14th Oct. even on the slowest d/l speed we will of all d/l it by then, way to go KK :mad:
ypu its great :) as its sort of for the people who havnt heard of Neocron before so they can give it a try with out buying a boxed version or having to download it as this is off putting for a new player since they dont know if it will be a waste of there tim, we can either wiat for that or since we know about it, download it before all the n00bs come along ;) :)

/me runs from Akasha incase she crushes me

Mr Kot
28-09-04, 18:40
Does anyone know for sure whether its on the November Issue DVD (ie bought it and had a look), i know it not on the october issue as its been out a few weeks and i have it.

Call me a mug, but i've just been out to buy the November issue. Check out the pics to see what's on it.

Xylaz
28-09-04, 18:41
kk to make that clear i am from austria, the german pc mags are sold here too, and the client is on the cd of serveral mags in germany this month.
So if you are not from austria,germany or switzerland cant help you sry.....

Though i'm not from austria, switzerland or germany... i could still buy those magazines if u tell me their names...

Britneeey
28-09-04, 18:43
PC GAMES; PC ACTION (the dvd versions of each)

dunno bout others but for those 2 i am sure

28-09-04, 19:10
yea if you havnt set your saturn char up woith just quickbelt items and his imps in and his armour you must do that as they will be only things transfered so yes you prob go do it asap the chars get copied tommorow at 12pm cest

So I lose all my vehicles, apartments and contents!!!!

Maybe I wont be playing NC2 afterall...........

nobby
28-09-04, 19:15
yeah but mate, i played beta and making a new char...god it was soooo fun!
i cant belive i dissed it!

Akasha
28-09-04, 21:14
ypu its great :) as its sort of for the people who havnt heard of Neocron before so they can give it a try with out buying a boxed version or having to download it as this is off putting for a new player since they dont know if it will be a waste of there tim, we can either wiat for that or since we know about it, download it before all the n00bs come along ;) :)

/me runs from Akasha incase she crushes me

Q? have you forgotten spell checker is your friend today?! /ducks from the flying gluestick!

Any way yes i agree its good for people who have'nt heard of neocron before, but what about those who cant d/l from crappy BT? or cant or dont want to wait till boxed version is released? or wait till it comes out in the dec/jan/feb issue of a pc mag?!

PS Q your not running fast enough!! hahehahehahehe

Darth Slayer
28-09-04, 23:15
U all sure it's not PC gamer instead of PC Zone ?

Scorpius.

Akasha
28-09-04, 23:30
them in the office said pczone uk!

|R@zor|
28-09-04, 23:38
its PC Zone, said so in the planfile.

Im getting it from a clanmate who's gonna download it and post it to me.

solling
28-09-04, 23:53
KK REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY needs to make it availeble on fileplanet :( would be sooooo much more easy for non germans :p

Darak
06-10-04, 12:02
Just got the december issue of PCzone - no mention of NC... am i missing something ?

LiL T
06-10-04, 12:14
I looked in pczone yesterday and nothing about NC

jernau
06-10-04, 12:56
I can't find anything on their website either. Last entry I can see is in December 2002.

west
06-10-04, 13:02
The next issue of PCZone is due out on the 7th October 2004 - this is PCZone's "December" issue. (They have 13 issues a year, one is called the Christmas issue)

It will be on the DVD of this issue. If you subscribe to PCZone, it will have fallen through your letter box today, if not, you'll need to wait until tomorrow to get it.

Its being released early because of the fact that Dennis publishing was bought out by Future Publishing (PCGamer, Edge etc) and this is the last to be published by Dennis - also it has a review of Half Life 2 in it :)

nobby
06-10-04, 13:51
i cant seem to understand why we get december issues in october... :lol:

-Demon-
06-10-04, 14:38
i cant seem to understand why we get december issues in october... :lol:

If you read the above post it will tell you Zone run a Xmas issue so last month was the november issue and this month is the december one, when they do the xmas one it comes a month before xmas so you can see what shiny games you can ask for from santa.

I'm not sure but pretty sure Gamer do it like this too...its all to do with press and release deadlines etc...thats why you have review code sent out to mags early so your game aint been out a month before they even look at it.

Darak
06-10-04, 14:40
It will be on the DVD of this issue. If you subscribe to PCZone, it will have fallen through your letter box today, if not, you'll need to wait until tomorrow to get it.
Found it now - yup its on the dvd and it merrits exactly 17 column lines..... if you blink you miss it :( I mean they have an extire online section to the mag and not a tiny bit of press for the release of it.

Ascension
06-10-04, 14:48
KK REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY needs to make it availeble on fileplanet :( would be sooooo much more easy for non germans :p

Hey Lore, it is available check this:

http://www.farcryuniverse.com/images/owned1.gif

jernau
06-10-04, 20:16
The reason for magazine dates is much simpler than all that - it's because journalists are morons (being closely related to marketroids this is obvious and innevitable).

Years ago one of them said "hey lets beat the opposition and get this months issue out a few days early so everyone buys our rag and not the competition's". The following month the competition went a bit further and hey-ho the spiral of idiocy began. Now it's all just absurd.

-Demon-
06-10-04, 23:02
The reason for magazine dates is much simpler than all that - it's because journalists are morons (being closely related to marketroids this is obvious and innevitable).

Years ago one of them said "hey lets beat the opposition and get this months issue out a few days early so everyone buys our rag and not the competition's". The following month the competition went a bit further and hey-ho the spiral of idiocy began. Now it's all just absurd.

In Pc mags I always thought it made sense considering the review code and the time to go gold etc would be reviewed a month before retail.