PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Don't put yer pants in the microwave oven

phunqe
28-09-04, 13:16
First of all, I can't believe I actually did this.
I slept about 2-3 hours and I was in some sort of zombie state.

Last night, I wanted to wash up a pair of jeans that I had. Naturally I was too lazy to go down to the laundry room, so I decided to wash them by hand in my bathroom sink.

Alarm bells should have gone off early on here.

This morning, they weren't dry of course. So I pull out my hair dryer and start whopping away on the jeans. Failing this, I put them in my microwave oven o_O

Usually, I only put small things in there.. like the occasional food item, a pair of socks or even a pair of knickers (dries them excellent).
However, pants are a bit bigger and what I didn't think of is that the part where the microwaves are emmited should NOT (I repeat NOT) be covered by ANYTHING. Or else you will have a nuclear disaster on your hands (about 5000 degrees celsius).

Of course, the disaster was a fact. Parts of the jeans got so hot that the fabric just crumbled like charcoal. They were actually smoking when I took them out.
So now I walk around with a huge hole in my crotch, since I didn't have anything else clean.

Great, and they were new as well, about $100 worth. o_O

switchback
28-09-04, 13:19
umm dont jeens have metal on them anyway, which straight away means dont put them in a microwave!

Capt. Rik
28-09-04, 13:20
:lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

You crack me up Phunge!

My uncle did the same, burnt his whole kitchen down.

I should be able to tell you why it happened but I can't be arsed to think about it right now.

Dribble Joy
28-09-04, 13:21
My sister put a microwave meal in thw microwave with a fork in it, t'was a nice big fireworks display.

phunqe
28-09-04, 13:21
umm dont jeens have metal on them anyway, which straight away means dont put them in a microwave!

Yes I know, and strangely I thought of this (the zipper), so I folded them together several times with the zipper buried inside.
I know it wasn't going to be a problem running it very short, but the jeans started to burn after like 30s only o_O (I have a rather angry microwave oven)

awkward silence
28-09-04, 13:24
lemme guess ur american...only country that has warning on those type of things and they still do it. :lol:

ah you must be british since you said knickers damnit :mad:

Supreme
28-09-04, 13:25
Yes I know, and strangely I thought of this (the zipper), so I folded them together several times with the zipper buried inside.
I know it wasn't going to be a problem running it very short, but the jeans started to burn after like 30s only o_O (I have a rather angry microwave oven)

microwaves go thru stuff and all.. except metal.. is a little brake for mwaves.. it begins to glue and than *CABOOOOM*

or somethin like :wtf:

so for the next time... dont wash jeans ;)

J. Folsom
28-09-04, 13:25
One thing's for sure, at least it woke you up nicely. :lol:

Spermy
28-09-04, 13:26
According to darwin - you should be dead by now...

PHUNQE! - Disproving Darwins theory since 1970something!

Dude - You crack me up! SEX! :D

switchback
28-09-04, 13:27
um microwaves cook from the inside out. putting the metal in the middle of it all would just insulate it and make it react faster, plus its surrounded by flamable material. but my god 30 seconds. you must be nuts, and must be from america

jnky
28-09-04, 13:54
Try nuking a CD for like 2 secs (longer if you dont want the microwave) excellent lightening display :p
but a pair of pants o_O you crazy mother fooker :lol:

SynC_187
28-09-04, 13:55
Microwaves are nasty things :)

A friend was heating his dinner in ours at Uni. Problem is he forgot to put the food in. After 8 minutes of cooking there was a massive bang.

We looked inside and the glass plate was shattered and there was a hole in the bottom of the microwave.

Cost him his deposit

Winged Monkey D
28-09-04, 14:01
Microwave are pretty dangerous ive forgot a steak and kidney pie (mmmmm) in there once, filled my house with smoke. I can laugh now at the time was shitty me self

nobby
28-09-04, 14:06
lemme guess ur american...only country that has warning on those type of things and they still do it. :lol:

ah you must be british since you said knickers damnit :mad:

but he said jeans...then he said pants so he must be american!
god..i thought he was talking about a REAL pair of pants in the microwave...only an american would do it anyhow.... :rolleyes:

Richard Slade
28-09-04, 14:09
If it wasn't for ph I don't think I'd feel this good today.
Dude you got class!
please please please gather up your stories and make it into a thread with them all gathered

And mods! STICKY THAT THREAD!

mishkin
28-09-04, 14:14
but he said jeans...then he said pants so he must be american!
god..i thought he was talking about a REAL pair of pants in the microwave...only an american would do it anyhow....

He's a swedish numbnut :D

Wonder why everything keeps happening to you phunqe O_o

LiL T
28-09-04, 14:15
Your a nutter

SilentEye
28-09-04, 14:18
I really wonder how YOU get your self in so much trouble! O_o :D

Praetorian
28-09-04, 14:43
I swear he isnt TGM, and i swear he isnt 2nd in command... or... uhh... :o :lol:

Phunqe... if i didnt know you i'd call you an american straight to your face as well... ;)

Praetorian
28-09-04, 14:46
He's a swedish numbnut :D

Wonder why everything keeps happening to you phunqe O_o

For one, it doesnt "happen to phunqe"... Its mostly his own doing... 8|

Marshall1
28-09-04, 15:08
lol next time try the oven might be safer lol just dont forget them or you could always grill them lol

phunqe
28-09-04, 15:14
If Darwin was alive he would probably make experiments on me by this time since even an IQ of 152 (no I won't join mensa) doesn't help me in this case o_O

Yes, I know everything was wrong, but I was so damn tired and I couldn't be arsed to iron them (that would have dried them nicely).

I'm not proud of my stupid action :p

But hey, we live only once, so embrace.. errr... the stupid things and move on :D

EDIT: And who cares btw.. I got laid 6 timed on Sunday (I got bruises on my ass though, since we first time did it on my stone hall floor in the middle of the night o_O)... so I'm happy :p

EDIT 2: Also, I got a nice job, a nice pay, a happy life and nice friends. So just bring it on Darwin :p

EDIT 3: Damn that's a lot of smilies g.

phunqe
28-09-04, 15:27
rofl.. and you know what... since I didn't have any other clean pants today (really need to wash up), I'm strafing around work smelling of fire smoke... hahaha.. omg...
I don't know what happened to me this morning... I can't even believe my own writing.. lol

Ah well :p

EDIT: ...and there we have the double post as well... Excellent... I think I will buy a lotto ticket today (I will probably end up loosing money instead, excluding the cost of the ticket).

Crodus_Kanahn
01-10-04, 04:10
i tried to hardboil an egg (in-shell) in the microwave one time. lol. i put some water in cup and inserted the egg set the timer to 2 minutes and about half way thru i heard a loud bang. the cup had acted as if it were a gun barrel, and the egg exploded straight up and blew out the top of my mothers microwave. it was a great idea little did i know u cant microwave an egg with no holes in it. the pressure builds fast lmao

Original monk
01-10-04, 09:37
electronicstores should make special tests and exams so people nomather there IQ ( :p ) gotta pass them first before they can buy or use householdequipment involving electronics .. for example: toasters, microwaves, computers, hairdryers, electronic toothbrushes, electronic breadknifes, lawnmowers, vacuumcleaners etc etc

this to insure mankinds worldwide safety :P

Richard Slade
01-10-04, 18:15
Now, here's my theory...
You got laid 6 times, got a job and a good life...
This is the price you gotta pay, messing stupid shit up and having people laugh at you...
your life's to good for you to do things right

phunqe
01-10-04, 18:19
Now, here's my theory...
You got laid 6 times, got a job and a good life...
This is the price you gotta pay, messing stupid shit up and having people laugh at you...
your life's to good for you to do things right

Hehe.. I don't mind though. If I can make another person laugh it's ok :p
Also, I think all my doings just adds up to a great set of stories at the end ;)

...and it's 1975 btw :)

Richard Slade
01-10-04, 18:21
Nope, it's 1970something ;)
Anyways, just you wait, go buy a car or something and the repay for it will be your chick biting li'l mr off or something... *wishes*
Which would in other words mean that when I get my next girlfriend, she'll be rich famous and great in bed...

...Fuck it, my theories never seemed even remotley sane anyways....

Spermy
01-10-04, 18:49
Where's my name in that quote!? :p

EH?

SAY MY NAME BITCH!

SPERMY! :lol:

Also - I think your logic may be flawed - seeing as all superhot womenz seem to be attracted to the spunk master. Or something.