PDA

View Full Version : Are you a SATISFIED Customer of KK ???

bluelights
27-09-04, 21:22
ok the previous thread was closed due to saturn comments, again lets keep it simple........

Are you a Satisfied Customer of KK??

Yes or No

i and im sure alot of members would like to see the overall impression of KK

please do not close or delete this thread

again guys dont mention saturn it is a sore subject at the moment and we will be censored and shut up / banned if we mention it.

tiikeri
27-09-04, 21:26
no, i definedly am not.

mishkin
27-09-04, 21:26
No, I'm not. I'm an unsatisfied customer, but that's the way life goes... some get satisfied, some don't. Deal with it.

Spermy
27-09-04, 21:29
Yes.

Sure they fuck up occasionally - but so do other games companies

(*cough*SOE banfest!*cough*)

But they've made a great game - all the probs I've had have been dealt wih quickly and free of hassle. Don't know if it's the attitude I take - chilled (cos it's supports job to sort probs - not to be bitched at! wink wink)

I know some peeps have had bad experiences, but to be honest - they don't affect how satisfied I am with MY experience.

If you get what I mean.

SyncError
27-09-04, 21:30
Yeah I'm a happy customer. My database didn't get trashed though. I do have 4 Saturn characters, but because I've lived on Pluto for almost the past year, all my characters were already capped and setup ready to go for a transfer. But in general ReaKKtor is much better at customer service in comparision to other companys that run MMORPGs such as Sony. Granted, they have their problems... most of which are due to a lack of funds to provide things such as better and more redundant backups, and in the past there has been no item tracking (but the latest word is that item tracking exists in NC2).

Gohei
lol, my post got deleted ?

I said no. I'm not, [ edited ] still doesn't have anything to do with saturn...

ZyproN
No, I'm not. I'm an unsatisfied customer, but that's the way life goes... some get satisfied, some don't. Deal with it.

Uh, you problay dont play on Saturn, dude if you just knew how much time we used this month!

bluelights
27-09-04, 21:31
@Spermy

yes nice comment,,,,,,, i aggree some what....... but again im leaning towards unsatisfied due to many reasons. if you pay for something and it involves money there needs to be some level of satisfaction....... and i dont feel satisifed myself.

br

SorkZmok
27-09-04, 21:31
Satisfied.

Shit happens.

The only thing that bugs me atm is that i got one week to enjoy NC2 (maybe even less), then its 1.5 hours on the train,then uni the whole day, then 1.5 hours back, then learning in the evening. :(
And i couldve been finished already!!!1 I r so stupid. :)

Darth Slayer
27-09-04, 21:32
Have to say KK customer service has been the best I've experienced so far.
So yes I'm satisfied.

Scorpius.

MrChumble
I can't answer that. I'm satisfied with some things (NC2 generally, the new player models, really most of the game) but very annoyed by key issues like the lack of player shops and a general feeling that KK are going to keep fucking up and variously denying all knowledge or apologising for stuff that should never happen.

So I'm happy with the game and not happy with KK, which puts me in a bit of a bind :D

TheDuckMan
Edit - I voted yes but i didnt log on yet... they did a role back... i lommed 207 melee points lol.... arrggghhhh why must they torment me like this. I dont wanna have a melee PE anymore... lemme go pistol!!!!! arrrgghhhh

Oh well... i better get my shit together for the transfer

So ya... make that a temporary no until i get over this lol

Seven
27-09-04, 21:45
9 people on crack so far..

Spermy
27-09-04, 21:47
9 people on crack so far..

It's just our opinion dude - same as you have one.

Seven
27-09-04, 21:49

Yes I know, too bad your opinion isn't based on 2 years of going through shit like this.

Gohei
27-09-04, 21:50

Opinions suck... The world would be a kewler place if everyone thought as Gohei....

Mumblyfish
27-09-04, 21:52
I'm satisfied. I've experienced no hardware problems, none of these "killer" bugs, and I get very few FREs. The game's fun, I enjoy the roleplay aspect, and while I think I'm getting ripped off with NC2... I have the income to support a measly account. Sat-is-fied.

Seven
27-09-04, 21:57
I'm satisfied. I've experienced no hardware problems, none of these "killer" bugs, and I get very few FREs. The game's fun, I enjoy the roleplay aspect, and while I think I'm getting ripped off with NC2... I have the income to support a measly account. Sat-is-fied.

Classic!

Shakari
27-09-04, 21:59
Yes.

Sure they fuck up occasionally - but so do other games companies

(*cough*SOE banfest!*cough*)

SOE did not make a fuckup actually....

I wish you'd explain the whole thing it was no a ban fest, the only ppl to get banned where those who handled any part of 550 Billion in duped credits and those found later to have just been passed it by accident or where not involed in the duping were reinsated into the game and un-banned, SOE explained the reason for the blanket bannings and that was to stop the spread of the duped credits.... They banned all ppl who had touched the creditd and sorted the Innocent from the guilty later....
so was not without reason... Exactally the same happened in NC1 where a lot of ppl got banned for duping ... try and state the whole story and facts when slagging off situtions and companies!

Shakari
27-09-04, 22:00
Opinions suck... The world would be a kewler place if everyone thought as Gohei....

Now thats a frightening thought..... :eek: :lol:

Mumblyfish
27-09-04, 22:00
Classic!
That's the thing, I'm still satisfied, even though I think I'm getting charged too much. Simply because money isn't too much of an issue. Got a problem with that? ;)

plague
27-09-04, 22:01
well, i was more or less satisfied with the game before all this shit happend, but was never realy satisfied with kk's actions. Now that this happend with saturn(mi home server) not only am not satisfied amd very much piseed, this is just enough.....so no, am not happy with what u call kk service...

Spermy
27-09-04, 22:01
SOE did not make a fuckup actually....

I wish you'd explain the whole thing it was no a ban fest, the only ppl to get banned where those who handled any part of 550 Billion in duped credits and those found later to have just been passed it by accident or where not involed in the duping were reinsated into the game and un-banned, SOE explained the reason for the blanket bannings and that was to stop the spread of the duped credits.... They banned all ppl who had touched the creditd and sorted the Innocent from the guilty later....
so was not without reason... Exactally the same happened in NC1 where a lot of ppl got banned for duping ... try and state the whole story and facts when slagging off situtions and companies!

Just pointing out that it's easy to bitch if you snip bits and bats out. :)

Hence the reason for all the bitch threads here - KK are offering a solution, just like sony did to thier problem, Like it or lump it, thats all the choice you have.

BaDDaSS
27-09-04, 22:04
I'm unsattisfied.

I do not like ReaKKtor.
Their staff can be rude and unpleasant, they rarely deliver promises, they make a lot of mistakes, and I just don't like them.

Neocron on the other hand, I like.
Its a good game, I have lots of good memories from it.
It has so much potential, yet KK ruin it with nerfs, bugs and lack of debugging.

Oh well.
Thats my 50pence.

Winged Monkey D
27-09-04, 22:07
My answer will have to be a no. I think neocron is the only game that u can play, logged off and feel more stressed than u did b4.... :wtf:

I play games for fun

This........not fun

Mobius
27-09-04, 22:08
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm totally not at peace with KK atm. They are constantly ripping time from my life. It's like they are killing me with a little bitty knife. Stabbing me over and over again making me loose fragments of my time alive. I'm not happy right now and if i hadnt restrained myself to write as NICE as i do right now i'm pretty sure i would get banned. Not that it really matters since i will cancel my account after posting this.

[i'll edit this out myself before i write it] KK.

Sincerely, Doc.

Mumblyfish
27-09-04, 22:11
They are constantly ripping time from my life. It's like they are killing me with a little bitty knife. Stabbing me over and over again making me loose fragments of my time alive.

Hahaha! That is so emo. It wouldn't be out of place in a Goth Poetry contest :lol:

awkward silence
27-09-04, 22:12
WHAT!!!!! NOOOOO

doc leavin :(

well i might just follow

Spermy
27-09-04, 22:12
Hahaha! That is so emo :lol:

*Gets a bucket and a razorblade*

Remeber kiddies! everytime you beat up a freshman, you create a new emo band! SUPPORT MUSIC IN THE COMMUNITY! KILL THEM INSTEAD! :lol:

Mobius
27-09-04, 22:14
It's actually a quote from one of Henry Rollins spoken word performances.

Gohei
27-09-04, 22:15
Sincerely, Doc.

:mad:

OMG; don't leave m3 !!!

Mobius
27-09-04, 22:16
I'm allready gone. I've cancelled my account and uninstalled NC. No chance in hell i'm coming back.

those who want to stay in touch with me add me on msn, id669@hotmail.com

Gohei
27-09-04, 22:19
those who want to stay in touch with me add me on msn, id669@hotmail.com

I'll jusst have to figure out what a msn is... But then ur mine... Basterd...

Mobius
27-09-04, 22:22
I'll jusst have to figure out what a msn is... But then ur mine... Basterd...

msn messenger.. but use miranda instead. better interface. less bloat.

Shinto
27-09-04, 22:23
personally, im far than a satisfied customer, those that knew me at beginning would know i was a semi NC fanboi.

then more time goes on more shit happens and it slowly chips away at me.

from simple stuff likemy Cs being lost due to bug to some tard hacking my account and stealing some of my weapons to this monumental disaster we have here today.

im still going to be around at least for a while, and somewhere in the back of my mind theres a voice saying "KK will come good, youll see" though been hearing it for 2years now always hoping it was true.

please show us that our faith no matter how little we have left is desserved :(

bluelights
27-09-04, 22:38
well nice to see everyones reactions, i see a few good friends are leaving, many have left in the past for various reasons,,,,,,

ive got the account cancelation screen in front of me,,,,,,,,,, i've almost clicked it many times,,,,,, looks like it will be pressed before the evening is out.

still unhappy and doubt anything can change that now.

br

solling
27-09-04, 22:49
im wondering why so many unsatisfied customers still play the game o_O

Lord Mansion
27-09-04, 22:50
im wondering why so many unsatisfied customers still play the game o_O

You can like the game and not like the company behind it.

BloodLetting
27-09-04, 22:51
No I was not

Account Canceled

Drexel
27-09-04, 23:02
NO.

Ive fixed that, I am as of today no longer a customer.

My clan is leaving, thats 12 accounts, goodbye & goodluck remaining account holders.

solling
27-09-04, 23:05
well to everyone thats leaves byebye cant say i really blame ya cuz i know KK have made some big ass mistakes , but well i still liek the game and im gonna stay :)

Shinto
27-09-04, 23:07
well to everyone thats leaves byebye cant say i really blame ya cuz i know KK have made some big ass mistakes , but well i still liek the game and im gonna stay :)
i think i must still like the game as im still here :lol:

JustIn_Case
27-09-04, 23:27
Its not just the lost stuff/time that bothers me the most, its how KK handles the situation that makes me go ballistic. No single thought of some compensation.

I love the game, but utterly hate KK atm.
But if there will be a new snapshot based on the 5:th, i might consider giving NC-2 a try, all thanks to Imposing Order who helped me out with some new weapons.

Thanx again Selendor for the weapons :angel: (Exidous)

mishkin
27-09-04, 23:35
Its not just the lost stuff/time that bothers me the most, its how KK handles the situation that makes me go ballistic. No single thought of some compensation.

Thing is, people see this as an opportunity to yell "I demand compensation!" when they should be saying "You broke it, you fix it."...

They wouldn't need to compensate anyone with anything, and they shouldn't imo, they should FIX THE PROBLEM AT HAND. 8|

Seven
27-09-04, 23:39
That's the thing, I'm still satisfied, even though I think I'm getting charged too much. Simply because money isn't too much of an issue. Got a problem with that? ;)

No I don't, it's your money.

What I do have a problem with is... well.. read the boards. ;)

Shakari
28-09-04, 00:01
well I have friends who have all cancelled .. thats 14 accounts gone

and I think my 4 are going soon .....

NC could be so much more if only KK could get there ass in gear :(

DOY pfft whats that a shit heap if a city, nice place to get lost and it looks really umm shitty (can't think of a better way of putting it as it look like the wall have been sprayed with the stuff ) the crahn church is nice tho.
oh and new content hmm let me see the only new content has been added by making all the high lvl stuff and wep parts faction only rewards where u need 90 FS to get... making it a bitch to start unless ur tangent :/ (lets scew constructors :/)

Oh and hacknet... hmm wasn't that meant to be impemented 2 yrs ago :/
wastelands nothing changed there... more mobs but thats it...

Oh and Joy of Joys they kept with the Genesis3D engine :( was actually hoping for a good graphics engine.....

and BUGS lots and LOTS of bugs new and old :/ think my sigs says it all .... :(

..i..DemonX
28-09-04, 00:04
I vote for yes!

Now before flame, lemme say i played NC now uhm since retail and i was have damn much fun since that. So im happy, games should make fun, NC did so why should be sad on KK?

Sure they may not the best but they at least try it, they maked a game with soooooo much potential and it keeps me have fun! So all is good ...

dem0n
28-09-04, 00:22
I don't get you people, I've ALWAYS been a satisfied customer, ok except the bit when BDs ravaged over Saturn for a whole month, and all them pk kiddies went BD and clans were recruiting like mad, they were all strangers within a single clan - which ultimately proved that there has to be a balance of some kind implemented in the future. but other than that I have NO COMPLAINTS at all, and all of you people sitting there and shitting "LEWK A 2k2 GAME WITH HL GRAPHICS" or "OMG NERF PARA" or "PEs ARE SO NERFSORZED" are so plastic and monotomic...

bluelights
28-09-04, 00:30
dont forget about many promises and in game content and events..... not much at all..... the shell was there but the game apart from PvP and Clan wars was dead.....

the whole point that could have made us all look past the technical problems, could have been very good game content and events, GM's who could draw a crowd and organise decent competitions even initiate faction battles in the wastelands or something, maybe im being fussy but neocron got pretty boring for me but i have stuck with it since beta4 and seen many promises canceled and depth of gameplay never arising properley.

i hope some people can understand my view for the reason why i am not a happy KK customer.

br

Cerbious
28-09-04, 00:38
yes, becuase i get to come on here and laugh at all u guys bitching about them when they doing their best... everyone makes some mistakes and this community ONLY sees the neagtive points not the positive.

remeber always easy to point out somthing wrong rather then somthing right.

bluelights
28-09-04, 00:43
dont get me wrong, i think the whole concept is amazing it really grabbed me from the start..... and i have been playing it for years now. but when we are paying all be it not alot of money we have the right to be fussy and expect all that was hyped up for our money.

i still enjoy the thought of Neocron it is a great achievment. just loosing faith with ongoing things.

br

[TgR]HusK
28-09-04, 01:00
After playing for a long time, I have had alot of fun.

As I feel I pay for simple plain fun, yes, I'm happy.

But if I had to give the happyness a score, it would be a meazly 6 - because I have not found much what I was looking for in the game from the start.
Its called roleplay, and its very doubtfull that a game like this will ever have extensive roleplay because its highly FPS orienting.

Right now, I'm less looking for RP, but more looking for a MMOG with quake/unreal type gameplay.
If anyone knows of such a game in the works, drop me a pm :x

Oath
28-09-04, 01:01
The frog says yes.

Mumblyfish
28-09-04, 01:06
What a cute little frog!

Coid
28-09-04, 01:13
TBH i was never expecting NC2 to ever come out ;) as much as i hate all the bugs and all that mess, i still like the game...although after my 3 months are over i myself wont be continueing my subscription. I need a game with far more content, i have played nc so much that ive sucked it dry and i need more than what they offer now. so anyways that was my bunch of words...

Mobius
28-09-04, 01:21
TBH i was never expecting NC2 to ever come out ;) as much as i hate all the bugs and all that mess, i still like the game...although after my 3 months are over i myself wont be continueing my subscription. I need a game with far more content, i have played nc so much that ive sucked it dry and i need more than what they offer now. so anyways that was my bunch of words...

Imagine what 3 years can do to you.

I still love Neocron. I really do. The concept, the community (except those who never seem to read through what you write) and the whole style of well, everything. I even think that NC2 is a brilliant change to the allready good world. The textures and artwork is really nice too.

BUT

The engine is horrible, I hate everything about it. I know KK are good programmers since making an MMOG is very very difficult. They have been pushed too hard from the beginning though. It's a rushed game and I really can't take much more. Actually i've allready quit so I evidently couldnt take any more at all.

It has allways, still do and will allways feel like a beta. Unless they rewrite the whole thing from scratch in their own pace.

All this and now. Well you all know. Roooooollback.

Radamez
28-09-04, 02:46
Nope

Not touching the game until it's well and truly fixed, if that day ever comes.

I'm not bitter though, i'm past caring tbh.

Koshinn
28-09-04, 02:48
Yes.

KK has done a great job considering the restrictions they've had. 1 programmer? I mean really... Microsoft gets like a dozen to write the next incarnation of Word, and reakktor can only afford 1 for an mmorpg. To me, that's a great job on their part. Their budget also limits their graphics engine. Developing an in-house one would most likely cost more than buying unreal or doom or quake engines.. and definately more than buying the gen3d license.

The only real gripes I have is the less than adequate support for the english/non-german speaking community. That and volunteer GMs. Sure most work very hard and are completely fair and help as much as they can, but they're still volunteer. Pluto has been without a GM for weeks now... I had to go on SATURN to get a GM for my pluto char... by the time I got the GM, my item that I could not reach had dissapeared.. 4 slot ultimated executioner. And I've heard about GM abuse and favoritism, which is very annoying, but not much you can do about it.

KK is awesome at getting community help to deal with their lack of funds.. volunteers, votes, design, content... everything. It makes it seem more like Neocron is OUR game, not just KKs. Sure they pay the server bills and update and maintain the game (with help from our monthly subscription), but we've done so much too.

Krush
28-09-04, 03:03
I can't believe that I am saying this too.

But I also will be going.

I really had fun playing this game for two years and I put up with the server problems and roll backs change of rules etc

My clan worked hard for the two years. We got every item and every nc credit the hard way. we earnt it!

we spent countless nights just making and selling, trying to get us ready for later. we made up to 100 mil and had good items. but it meant that I spent alot of those 2 years glued to the pc.

The clan I am part of is real close, we all live within 10 mins of each other and enjoyed hanging out in the clan.

We formed our clan and shared everything because we are good mates and trust each other.
My clan has full on cracked it with the Saturn roll back.
after all the things already happening.
like not being able to bring our money across.
loss of epic items (that really hurt)

Almost like throwing 2 years of material gaining in the trash.

This morning I got a call from my clan leader and he was pissed off!!!
he woke me up before I was going to get up for work and explained to me about this roll back and how he is out for good.

To us he was the reason we started playing this game, so it came as a shook to me.

I decided to ring work and take the day off
I called a couple our clan members who also took the day off.

I am now at the house of one of my fellow clan members, we have polished off our Macdonalds breakfast and started the 'get ready' process again.

Which we expect will take about 10 hours. (the reason is that we are doing the whole clan)

30 mins into this we discover that there is no clan money
and the last 10 mil we just deposited just now has disappeared.

not only is it bad that we lost our 100 mil but now the 10 mil due to lack of info.

I have spent all morning here (morning in Australia) trying to convince my clan mates to keep their accounts open and try NC2 with me.

Well I'm sorry but I have given up.
I try and fight for Neocron but keep getting knocked down.

I am sitting here thinking that if I do another 10 hours worth of work now

will I have to do again 2morrow ?

will some of the things I put into my quickbelt not be allow as of wednesday and us not know.

This game has become a joke.

and i have wasted enough of my time on this.
Today my pc gets turned off and NC is no more

Asurmen Spec Op
28-09-04, 03:09
100% satisfied, KK couldnt do shit about the server exploding. and unfortunatly they picked the sept 5th option(I woulda perfered the other IMHO I had some stuff done)
but I dont care cuz either way my new PE(whos gone now meh I can make him again) lost his pain easer. and well my main has been capped, lost some levels all around but I aint played that much since the 5th... well I have but only bad things have happened.

KK does alot better in support then vernant(makers of eq ugh gay) they asked you waht you wanted on saturn and the 5th won, eq fixes things in expansions and are dicks in techsupport

and GMs who care we got them eq dont

Seven
28-09-04, 03:27
100% satisfied, KK couldnt do shit about the server exploding.

Are you sure about that?

Maybe they could have used better hardware.
Maybe they could have maintained it better.

But that's not the point is it.

That's why backups are made.
So when the hardware takes a shit, you can replace the data onto the new hardware.
This recent event clearly shows how well they backup our progress.

Asurmen Spec Op
28-09-04, 03:30
Are you sure about that?

Maybe they could have used better hardware.
Maybe they could have maintained it better.

But that's not the point is it.

That's why backups are made.
So when the hardware takes a shit, you can replace the data onto the new hardware.
This recent event clearly shows how well they backup our progress.
[ edited ] they didnt expect a server crash right before the release. you wouldnt have either. to worried meating hard demands set by you guys(ive been here a while so dont start that shit ok? almost 2 years now)
the NC2 is on alot better servers , wow KK did something good but no no no they cant they are the evil government who just want to screw you cuz all it does is ruin the game and loose them KK [ edited ]

Seven
28-09-04, 03:55
they did have a backup [ edited ]

Did have + backup = moot

The point of a backup is that you actually have it!

Asurmen Spec Op
28-09-04, 03:58
its old, would you have wasted you time on a backup during the release month? dont lie be truethful its a forum ill never know who you are where you like(alteast not yet;) )

Blacksword
28-09-04, 04:39
For the most part I am happy with most things. Tbh though, It wouldn't hurt to have American prices somewhere for the *upgrade*. I don't want to look at a coversion chart, I have enough homework to do in college, and really the only real info about the new release seems to be comming from the forums. I can see how this can frustrate new people. I had left before mostly because of time issues, and not so many people playing. Probably had something to do with no real exposure here (US). Was kinda funny calling places to see if they had the game in and they were like, "Neo-what?" I'm hoping there will be more players this time around.

There seems to be way less FRE, and synch errors than from about a year ago when I played, thats nice. As far as the faction items go, I don't remember every really buying stuff in stores to begin with. If I needed weapon parts I got em from the tradeforum, had bps made and away I went. Within a week of NC2 comming up, I'm sure every part that is needed will be as easily available as ever, regardless of being faction limited. The only thing I see is that people with mules in one faction, and there main in another will have a somewhat more difficult trading stuff across. Maybe its because I played the one slot server so much that I don't understand the parts problem from the 4slot pov. The *upgrade* fee is annoying still, since all that i can see is there is a few new vehicles, taxis, and the factions are more segregated now. I really don't know the impact of hacknet however. Was faster to get to tech haven and GR tagging. If I want bps, ill make a researcher, or get em off of tradeforum. I never got the chance to see what happens with hacknet in an opwar so I really don't know about that.

I really don't care who leaves either. I see alot of that going around, but it always has. Whether you and your *50* friends go or not is meaningless to me. It won't change my world whether you do or not, and I'm sure that goes for alot of people. Shit happens, pack up and leave, or suck it up, it really suprises me how butt hurt some people get and how personal they take things. I don't know, maybe if I spent a hundred hours here a week I would too. Tbh, I think all the people that are leaving will be an improvement to the game, but i really don't care, I kill them, they kill me, i log off and life goes on.

I have to wonder if these same people bought, say an alarm clock from Walmart, and god forbid it didnt work the way they expected. Or they got the wrong thing at a restaraunt. Do they act the same IRL?

"OMFG you suck!!! I've had enough! This isn't what I ordered, you never listen!! Your whole company sucks, here is a list on how you can make it better, because I know it all and you can't fix shit ever!!
"I'm sorry, let us try to work this out."
"Shut up, omfG I'm tired of the excuses, I've shopped/ate here for two years and I suffered through every minute of it. I have *50* friends and my whole family that won't shop/eat here again!! I'm gonna take a shit in your bathroom and carve how much I hate you on the stall wall and hopefully all the people who go there after me won't shop here either hahahahahahahahahaha!!"

Honestly, I don't understand how these people have played so long. If it was so bad for them, why a year, two years? Really I think if people played the game and ignored the forums, they would enjoy the game a lot better. But people come here and they hear this bitch and that bitch and this is nerfed, that is unbalanced, this sux, that suxxors and people start believing there is some huge problem and that its a miracle that the game loads up at all. Face it, most of the time, you are having fun right? If not, whats the point? Why were you here so long? Nothing else to do? I'm confused. Were you forced? When i left it was my choice. When I came back it was my choice. If someone is holding a gun to your head, PM me and Ill do what i can to get help to you. Just stay calm...

What these people need is a game where they never lose a fight, where there are no bugs, no pkers, carebears, lag, patches, everything is perfectly balanced.

Sadly I can't help these people out, I've played around 5 mmorpg's and not one has been close to perfect. When I have tired of them, I moved on. Simple as that, nuff said or whatever. So far since I have come back I've had a fairly good time. Please, all those people who have had thier lives ruined by the game, i beg you to find something else before you explode. I know how important this is to you, i would hate to see your irl hurt more than it already is. I dont want anyone to cry at thier desks or get so angry they hurt themselves.

In summary, I am satisfied, that is a good word for it. there is room for improvement, more info would be nice in all areas, and maybe an incremental backup would be good. and on that, really i dont know what happened any more than most people. I hate that i had to touch on this, but whatever. I'm sure something serious did happen, that everything in thier power to fix it was tried, and that the procedure was good enough. Fuck get off it already, if 17 days hurt you that bad, lkasklfdj whatever. I dont have to make a thesis paper every time i make a mistake or dont show up to my job, and ya they pay me too. GET OVER IT, or MOVE ON. Seriously, dont let this ruin your lives. Think it through, if its too hard to cap another character in a couple weeks, and its gonna make your butt hurt, please, move on.

So ya satisfied. I think most of you are mad becuase you wont be able to transfer as much stuff. I have a suspicion the quckbelt thing is just so they can have a cleaner database to start with, but I am not part of thier team so i really cant say. I dont get a wet spot over KK, but they don't ruin my day either.

For those who aren't and are taking as many people as they can with them, Ain't mines, don't care. Whatever. I do hope you find some other game that will complete your lives, cause I know how important games are to you. I love em too, but I can't say I ever lived and died by them.

So far, KK, you are doing well enough. MMORPG's are and have always been a work in progress. I dont have to play, but there is a good enough game here that I will. Keep working on it, and try to get more people.

lordofkhaoz
28-09-04, 04:53
i spent the past month.. power lvling like a fucktard.. went from 63 psi to 94 base .. those efforts are gone.. to screw your playerbase THIS close to the release to your " games " "salvation" shows how utterly incompitent and stupid KK's staff is.. ... ya let leave a horrible taset in our customers mouth hopeing they will buy our newer more advanced product!! ya right!!!there is no excuse for this.. back ups should be done at least every 3 days.. KK great job.. perfect timeing to screw your playerbase... O_o ill be suprised to see nc 2 last more then 6 months b4 the server pops are as low as they were 3 months ago
/set rant_off

trigger hurt
28-09-04, 05:06
its old, would you have wasted you time on a backup during the release month? dont lie be truethful its a forum ill never know who you are where you like(alteast not yet;) )
Yes. I would have "wasted" time on a backup.

Picture this. I own an online company that handles monetary transactions for people who purchase goods from other companies. Well, we are getting ready to add new services and about to gain new business. So, we skimp on backing up the database that houses which transactions have been paid and which have not.

Database crashes and will require a backup to restore it. Well, the latest backup I have is for almost a month ago, so I don't know who has paid and who hasn't, which will require one of two things.

a) We'll have to collect payment from everyone, which may cause some people to pay twice.

or

b) I eat the cost and end up going bankrupt because I neglected to manage my systems correctly.

Now, put your self in the shoes of my customers who have already sent me their money to pay for their goods. Which one of these would you expect me to do?

[ edited ]

So, yeah. KK should have had a backup that could restore the server to it's last active day. That's what data backup is all about. You don't just do one full backup once a week. You spread out the full backups and do incremental through the week. You also verify the integrity of your data someplace else to be sure. Hell, creating and checking crc's would have sufficed to be sure the data was indeed good.

It's obvious, or at least it shoud be, that KK are not doing this. They have no backup plan. I wouldn't be surprised if the data center that hosts the servers is full of people who are totally clueless about what the place does. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the data center is the basement of the KK HQ.

ShadowStriker
28-09-04, 05:18
Well I'll be the first to admit this last month hasn't been very fun. I reactivated my old account to give me something to do during the day, basically hoping there would be some of the awesome OP fights that we had before. But it seems everyone is just fooling around in open beta. But in general I am pretty pleased with KK's customer service. When I was using my old box that really sucked, I had GM's come out on several occasions and get me out of 'perma synch'. Found the Helpdesk pretty useful when the few times I actually had to use them. Anyways I think KK did a hell of a job with the limited funding, but pretty elite server they had.

Nuff said

Asurmen Spec Op
28-09-04, 05:23
Yes. I would have "wasted" time on a backup.

Picture this. I own an online company that handles monetary transactions for people who purchase goods from other companies. Well, we are getting ready to add new services and about to gain new business. So, we skimp on backing up the database that houses which transactions have been paid and which have not.

Database crashes and will require a backup to restore it. Well, the latest backup I have is for almost a month ago, so I don't know who has paid and who hasn't, which will require one of two things.

a) We'll have to collect payment from everyone, which may cause some people to pay twice.

or

b) I eat the cost and end up going bankrupt because I neglected to manage my systems correctly.

Now, put your self in the shoes of my customers who have already sent me their money to pay for their goods. Which one of these would you expect me to do?

[ edited ].

So, yeah. KK should have had a backup that could restore the server to it's last active day. That's what data backup is all about. You don't just do one full backup once a week. You spread out the full backups and do incremental through the week. You also verify the integrity of your data someplace else to be sure. Hell, creating and checking crc's would have sufficed to be sure the data was indeed good.

It's obvious, or at least it shoud be, that KK are not doing this. They have no backup plan. I wouldn't be surprised if the data center that hosts the servers is full of people who are totally clueless about what the place does. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the data center is the basement of the KK HQ.
Im not going to read it past the I would. dont be a liar you system specs show up fine gotta cram from release. what do you do huh??? dont like its not friendly

hegemonic
28-09-04, 05:40
No sir, no I am not a SATISFIED Customer of KK. I feel like a battered spouse that keeps forgiving the abuser. I am such a loser.

Hahaha! That is so emo. It wouldn't be out of place in a Goth Poetry contest :lol:

How many Emo kids does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
NONE! Emo kids like to cry in the dark.

JackScratch
28-09-04, 05:51
I'm not only unsatisfied, but Im also bothered by the fact that people are willing to accept inferior products. This is how it happens, you give them an inch they take a mile. The more flaws a product has, the next one will have even more. The only thing that acts as quality control, is consumer outrage, and once that has gone you have nothing.

SorkZmok
28-09-04, 06:03
I'm not only unsatisfied, but Im also bothered by the fact that people are willing to accept inferior products. This is how it happens, you give them an inch they take a mile. The more flaws a product has, the next one will have even more. The only thing that acts as quality control, is consumer outrage, and once that has gone you have nothing.
The Nc forum ARE consumer outrage. All the fucking time.
You are one of the worst ppl actually, you bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch about this game (well, the main aspect of this game) and still you keep playing.

And thats whats gonna happen. 9 out of 10 will just get over it and keep playing. And its not like the oh so famous "vets" are something special, its just ppl who pay for and play this game.

Accept what you get or move on BUT STOP THE FUCKING WHINING!! I know its hard, for example theres lots of banned ppl who are bitter and still read the forums, bitch about NC where ever they can and yet they still wish they had an account. (You know who you are...)
BUT IF YOU HATE NC THAT MUCH, STFU AND JUST QUIT IT! :lol:

JackScratch
28-09-04, 06:16
[ edited ]If these forums aren't for free speach (more or less) then why are you allowed to stick around. That word you [ edited ] keep useing "whine" I looked it up, you are useing it wrong. Stop.

The one thing you are correct about is me supporting a bad product. The last 2 months have been a day by day debate on weathor or not to continue that support. Of course I realy dont see how that is any of your god damn business.

If you don't like my "WHINING" then why don't you quit "WHINING" and fucking ignore me.

[ edited ]

Asurmen Spec Op
28-09-04, 06:24
The Nc forum ARE consumer outrage. All the fucking time.
You are one of the worst ppl actually, you bitch and bitch and bitch and bitch about this game (well, the main aspect of this game) and still you keep playing.

And thats whats gonna happen. 9 out of 10 will just get over it and keep playing. And its not like the oh so famous "vets" are something special, its just ppl who pay for and play this game.

Accept what you get or move on BUT STOP THE FUCKING WHINING!! I know its hard, for example theres lots of banned ppl who are bitter and still read the forums, bitch about NC where ever they can and yet they still wish they had an account. (You know who you are...)
BUT IF YOU HATE NC THAT MUCH, STFU AND JUST QUIT IT! :lol:
so true. IF you hate NC why are you here????? tell the truth man(not that you will but hey)

JackScratch
28-09-04, 06:36
Balanced on the head of a pin, man. Why am I here, close call, very close call. Speaking for me personaly, it is an eternal strugle, feuled by hope, dreams, and boredom. It is true, there is nothing like this game out there, I suspect that wont be true for long. The "put up or shut up" arguement you present is bullshit. To say that negative opinions voiced are void is bullshit in leu of a well thought out arguement. You children scream "STOP WHINE" because you want to be right, but you aren't smart enough to actualy be right. I haven't seen one single well thought out arguement from you little turds yet. You throw around flashy catch phrases that you heard someone else say because youve got nothing else. I have voiced my opinion because I want more. I (like so many others) want desperately to see KK step up to the plate. I can't tell you when my resolve will crumble, I don't know. I assume it will eventualy, but I just don't know. And when it finaly does, then it will be one more nail in KKs coffin. Not enough to kill them, not enough to cripple them, just one more. Maybe they will step up to the plate. Maybe I wont have to leave, maybe they will leave me. I don't know. But if you think for one fucking second that clever little catch phrases like "STOP WHINE" are going to shut me up, stop me from pushing for the finished product that we all want, then you can go ahead and put me on ignore, or just STFU yourself.

Seven
28-09-04, 06:41
What he said.

So tired, time for bed.
Nite all...

SorkZmok
28-09-04, 06:53
Balanced on the head of a pin, man. Why am I here, close call, very close call. Speaking for me personaly, it is an eternal strugle, feuled by hope, dreams, and boredom. It is true, there is nothing like this game out there, I suspect that wont be true for long. The "put up or shut up" arguement you present is bullshit. To say that negative opinions voiced are void is bullshit in leu of a well thought out arguement. You children scream "STOP WHINE" because you want to be right, but you aren't smart enough to actualy be right. I haven't seen one single well thought out arguement from you little turds yet. You throw around flashy catch phrases that you heard someone else say because youve got nothing else. I have voiced my opinion because I want more. I (like so many others) want desperately to see KK step up to the plate. I can't tell you when my resolve will crumble, I don't know. I assume it will eventualy, but I just don't know. And when it finaly does, then it will be one more nail in KKs coffin. Not enough to kill them, not enough to cripple them, just one more. Maybe they will step up to the plate. Maybe I wont have to leave, maybe they will leave me. I don't know. But if you think for one fucking second that clever little catch phrases like "STOP WHINE" are going to shut me up, stop me from pushing for the finished product that we all want, then you can go ahead and put me on ignore, or just STFU yourself.
Not everyones talking to you. And just btw, i want this game to be as good as it can be too.
[ edited ] This isnt your game and you shouldve left for the sims about 2 years ago. (yeah, its true, [ edited ])

JackScratch
28-09-04, 07:07
You can't do any better than repeating what I said, go home [ edited ]

IceStorm
28-09-04, 07:23
I'm happy with KK. They let me into Beta 2, they removed LE penalities in Retail, and they've steadily added to the game over time.

I knew KK wasn't Verant. I knew they weren't SOE. When I saw the first Saturn database problem thread, I knew I had made the right choice by sticking with Pluto, that KK's version 1 NC couldn't handle Saturn's multicharacter existence. I was still happy. I had Pluto and a game to play.

When they announced the NC2 plans, I figured as much. My LE saved the day and I'll move into NC2 with enough to get myself set up again.

No complaints here. I knew what to expect from a fledgling company.

naimex
28-09-04, 07:57
I never understood..... why are people always posting how many accounts they had when they leave ??

....having a million accounts doesnīt really give you power.... just makes you poor, and have a shitload of characters to lvl and play on....

Really donīt get it....

But well thatīs just my nickle.... I think itīs bronzed now....

VerbalPEZ
28-09-04, 08:02
I for one am prolly cancelling... again...
kk=lack of ethics...

And for those that take it... u=tool ... I didnt buy a clear coat on my car and I wont except the practice of selling one as status quoe.

It frustrates me that KK can actually do this and MJS gets promoted... :-/
later... guys...

This reminds me of that Kenny G Christmas albunm "Happy Birthday Jesus, I hope you like crap"

-=Dredduk=-
28-09-04, 08:31
Im leaving so no.

shame i didnt get to throw some of my rares in plaza... ds and stuff oh well.

nobby
28-09-04, 08:33
im not happy with KK because all ive had is trouble, losing my items ive used for years....because of silly bugs of theirs.
help desk was a piece of shit to me.
KK or mods even, wont replace anything thats been lost due to bugs......they just call you liers... :(
the DOY getting delayed for over a year....well that was taking the piss!
and we dont even get that "new engine"!
ive not been a very happy bunneh with KK! :(

Opar
28-09-04, 08:42
Yes, im satisfied.

Sure, I havent been around since Beta 4 or anything, April 2003, actually. So maybe I havent seen all of their 'fuck-ups', but I'vde certainly seen changes. Sometimes bad changes, mostly good changes. BUt changes all the same, surely a sign of KK at least TRYING to make the game better. Should we not be grateful for that, if nothing else?

The only REAL thing im pissed of at present, is the SAturn thing, I started a droner on the 4th, and he was /45 on the 20th, not extremely fast, but I still put a fair bit of effort into him. No worries. I can cope.

Neocron 2, so what if its not 'a whole new game', it was never meant to be, its just NC : BDoY with a 2 on the end. As it was meant to be. Maybe its not 2 years of work, who knows, but people of blown it out of all proportion saying the lack of new content will kill the game, blah blah blah. Bull shit, tbh. If you are posting on this forum, it is more than likely you have a Neocron account, therefore you are paying for the game, giving KK the cash to help them keep Neocron going. Or something.

I'm not a fanboy. Just a 'satisfied customer'

VerbalPEZ
28-09-04, 09:36
Opar... its all about the math. 1/4 promised content 100% price = u are a chode.

They did this 2 years ago... their game hasnt gained real traction. rinse and repeate... I bet mechs are coming right after that other shit you think is on the way.

KK should remember that the deffinition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results...

winnoc
28-09-04, 09:41
It's just that i have lost faith in KK as a company and the way it's organised.

This company has a product. Being a DATABASE.
It should be their main concern to guard that as fort knox.

Just imagine a bank having to go to their customers and saying...
Sorry for the inconvenience but all the money you have deposited over the last few weeks has been deleted."

Selendor
28-09-04, 11:36
all thanks to Imposing Order who helped me out with some new weapons.

Thanx again Selendor for the weapons :angel: (Exidous)

Heheh no problem, I was in the process of throwing 150 built rares last night but had to give up because Plaza 2 turned into a zone full of no name PE's, lagged right out. Might try again tonight.

And no I'm not satisfied with KK, I don't believe the Saturn situation is a coincidence, I think they have neglected things in the build up to NC2.

hinch
28-09-04, 11:41
I havent been satisfied since hybrids got the first major nerf thats why on that day i cancelled 4 of my 5 accounts and about 40 people i knew who started NC with me quit and cancelled all of their accounts.

must have been 200 accounts in total but still i play because the game is still fun even if KK have to be the single worst developers/game managers I have ever seen

___T-X____
28-09-04, 13:07
No, I see them making the same mistakes over and over again in different ways. I think the customer services is terrible, some responses I cant even understand because the german person responding cant string a sentence of english together.

ROZZER187
28-09-04, 13:08
Uh, you problay dont play on Saturn, dude if you just knew how much time we used this month!

im a happy customer and your right i dont play saturn, but there are times when im not happy with the way kk handle things *coughsaturncough*

i already mentioned in a previous thread that if anyone from saturn is on the 4 slt int server then gimme a pm on here and i will see what i can do to help

dem0n
28-09-04, 14:04
I do agree on the RP side comments, I haven't played NC2BETA because I'm saving my band for the retail DL version. In any case if NC2 doesn't get more unique, interesting, massive clan missions then what will be left is to wait for NC3. This game IS FPS oriented, but so would SWG be if it wasn't for the mouse clicking :P. There is some RP in all of it [fighting enemy factions, taking enemy outposts] but what it lacks in the feel of motivation which should be based on the wish to do something yourself for the better of yourself, clan and faction.. but seems like for the last good year it's been more oriented to kill anyone red, with the thought that people would also gladly kill their own if it wasn't for the SL penalty.