PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Statement

Pages : [1] 2

Holger Nathrath
27-09-04, 14:38
Unfortunately I have to inform you of a problem that arose with the server Saturn shortly before the launch of Neocron 2. Because a technical failure of the Saturn database server and an extremely unlikely chain of events that occurred with the multi-layered backup system, the game data has been thrown back to the state of September 5 2004.

Fully aware of the repercussions of this fact, we thought hard about how proceed so the effects on you would be minimal. The options available to us were a rollback to the status of September 5 or to use a character data snapshot from Monday September 20 for the character transfer. We decided to go with the latter option, as even though you won’t be able to make final adjustments to your characters for the transfer to Neocron 2, the effective loss of played time will only be 3 days. We will still perform the rollback to the 5th to allow further usage of the server Saturn. However, any changes to the characters will have no effect on the transfer to Neocron 2.

Please note: The character snapshot that was created for the character transfer test is not a complete mirror of the database and can not be used for a rollback nor can it be merged with the backup from the 5th of September,

This whole problematic does only apply to the server Saturn. Other realms are completely unaffected by this.

We’d like to apologize to all Saturn players for this inconvenience. We know how important Neocron, your characters and items are to you. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it, it’s a case of force majeure. The solution we chose should hopefully minimize the damage. We hope for your understanding.

UPDATE: Please vote on this poll (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=113385)

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 14:40
Now THAT is gonna piss some people off....
nice to see that you found some solution atleast :D

djskum
27-09-04, 14:42
Soooo, this means we get inv and gogo items to take? My tank only had a Mal on him when that snapshot was taken, so does this mean I lose all my other rares? I very much hope not...

2 years of play, 1 mal to show for my efforts...

DjSKum

Asurmen Spec Op
27-09-04, 14:42
well its better then the fith but this is bad cuz my constructor doesnt have his tools in his qb :( and I had to fix all my mains stuff and now I have to do it again without my 150repair/cst tool.

eh whatever tis just a game
(btw can u inlighten me where I find PA3 in doy please please?)

sorry to hear this kk but I know you guys tried hard

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 14:43
Suppose I can hand you one of mine if you play on international and really need it, I brought 20

DigestiveBiscui
27-09-04, 14:43
fucking mock...thats all im saying

can't wait till this happens again - and don't say it won't

[ edited ]

Xylaz
27-09-04, 14:44
so, in other words: we wont have time to prepare our chars at all....

And considering the fact that all my chars were played instead of waiting for nc2, they are completely unprepared for the character transfer, i will loose about 90% of all equipment i wanted to transfer to nc 2

thanks for your time

and good bye

djskum
27-09-04, 14:45
So Saturn players get a month playtime for free in order to *try* and get back what we lost? Or are we bending over begging for a nother shafting?

DjSKum

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 14:45
Well actually, you CAN'T prepeare it.
I gotta add this to my sig:

Better safe than sorry! ;)

Ch1n Th3 M4g
27-09-04, 14:46
OMFG
i just capped my tank
and got some pimp rares rdy to take
this is fucking sick....

DigestiveBiscui
27-09-04, 14:46
thanks for your time

and good bye

yup

if i dont get what i want from my chars for the nc2 transfer - then fuck you and bye tbh :o

evs
27-09-04, 14:47
So in short:

All saturn chars to be moved to NC2 are as of backup on 20th.

Server will be rolled back to the 5th.

Anything that happens on the 5th-tonight will not be carried forward to NC2.

So...... basically there's no point playing on saturn even though it will be up for a few hours.

Clownst0pper
27-09-04, 14:48
Well thats an artefact slasher down the drain

An artifact ROLH

An artifact BOH

4 slot HL, 2 Slot fire storm, 3 slot moony, 3 slot mal, 3 slot CS, 3 slot ravager.

Its all in my characters gogo's, can I take it?

No- I fucking cant.

[ edited ]

GosuSmurf
.......... i had all my rares in my cabins waiting to put in my QB.. my spy uses leveling weaps.. my tank only had a mal for mc5.. my apu uses lvling spells and not his arti fire apoc.. ect ect ect

Sakletare
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it, it’s a case of force majeure.
There's a thing called "regular backups". Perhaps you have heard about it?

Ch1n Th3 M4g
So in short:

All saturn chars to be moved to NC2 are as of backup on 20th.

Server will be rolled back to the 5th.

Anything that happens on the 5th-tonight will not be carried forward to NC2.

So...... basically there's no point playing on saturn even though it will be up for a few hours.

wot about the stuff we MENT to be taking over
kk u really like fucking up dont ya

Revslad
so "if" saturn comes up for a while tonight and im not happy with what i see then its bye bye from me :mad:

Xylaz
27-09-04, 14:49
.......... i had all my rares in my cabins waiting to put in my QB.. my spy uses leveling weaps.. my tank only had a mal for mc5.. my apu uses lvling spells and not his arti fire apoc.. ect ect ect

dont worry, you're not the only one in such situation :(

Clownst0pper
27-09-04, 14:50
wot about the stuff we MENT to be taking over
kk u really like fucking up dont ya

I had some fucking amazing rares ready to move to just 2 characters.

10 minutes would have been enough, even less.

Literally moved from gogo to quick belt.

But no-

[ edited ]

winnoc
My GOD!!!!!!!

I KNEW IT !!!!

NONE OF MY CHARS HAD THEIR BELTS SETUP ON MONDAY.

Ok, this game is pissing me off so much, i honestly believe you should have stayed with NC1 and just tried to fix those bugs.

I like neocron a lot, but seriously you are now making me look at other games.
The way all this is being handled is BEYOND ridiculous!

DigestiveBiscui
KK
wake the fuck up

if i logon to saturn tonight - and find out that the only things i can take are the ones currently in my QB, thats it - u just lost about 1/3 of your playerbase

good fucking game

Richard Slade
Hmm.. To be honest we got no right to complain,
during FM all responsibility is removed from the company

[TgR]KILLER
yup i can see a load of people leaving by this.. alot of people din't have their quickbelts and stuff setup for the move back then.. lucky all my chars are ready for weeks. :/

ow and to above it aint 1/3 of the player base :rolleyes: pluto uranus venus and jupi together make up way more then 2/3 lol

Clownst0pper
27-09-04, 14:51
KK
wake the fuck up

if i logon to saturn tonight - and find out that the only things i can take are the ones currently in my QB, thats it - u just lost about 1/3 of your playerbase

good fucking game

weee, weve got a snap shot of what your characters were using, of course, its more than likely this stuff is useless compared to the good stuff you were wanting to transfer, sadly, that wont happen.

GG
GG
GG no fucking RE

GosuSmurf
27-09-04, 14:52
there is no way im gonna continue this game if this is really true.. and i think alot of ppl are feeling the same way as me

DigestiveBiscui
weee, weve got a snap shot of what your characters were using, of course, its more than likely this stuff is useless compared to the good stuff you were wanting to transfer, sadly, that wont happen.

GG
GG
GG no fucking RE

WE CAN'T ORGANIZE FUCK ALL

YAY - [ edited ]

Ch1n Th3 M4g
dont worry, you're not the only one in such situation :(

no but after all this bs with epics
and the qb limits, this is fucking stupid
my tank now only has his cs,
my pc spy (droner atm) lost all his pistols
apu has his hl (not his arti fa/arti pest/arti.....)

im sick of this

djskum
27-09-04, 14:53
Goodbye CS
Goodbye Dev
Goodbye Rav
Goodbye Moonie
Goodbye Doomie
Goodbye DS
Goodbye Herc
Goodbye 2 x new chars
Goodbye full set of PPU rares
Goodbye Holy Antibuff
Goodbye Holy Thunderstorm
Goodbye Holy Pest
Goodbye Holy Fire spell thing
Goodbye MC5 parts
Goodbye Rare parts
Goodbye lvling weps
Goodbye NC...

DjSKum

Revslad
there is no way im gonna continue this game if this is really true.. and i think alot of ppl are feeling the same way as me

yep if this is the case then its me n my bro gone... thats 5 accts

Nippa
Well all i can say is a big

FUCK YOU

Ascension
c ya guys.. i dont know if i wanna stop if lots are leaving.. kinda takes the MM out of MMORPG

JustIn_Case
27-09-04, 14:54
Please skill reset my droner then, otherwise im so fucked that i cant describe it. A droner with no cash to buy loms...since i cant use drones in NC-2, to buggy....

DigestiveBiscui
27-09-04, 14:55
while ure at it KK

spawn us some rares and high lvl chars - seeing as we just lost those to your cock up

Xylaz
yep if this is the case then its me n my bro gone... thats 5 accts

you wont be the only one i guess

i guess i'm just too sick & tired of all this to continue...

Clownst0pper
no but after all this bs with epics
and the qb limits, this is fucking stupid
my tank now only has his cs,
my pc spy (droner atm) lost all his pistols
apu has his hl (not his arti fa/arti pest/arti.....)

im sick of this

My spy will have...

NO moveon, No money, No slasher, No drugs to take over, and just a single judge

My Tank will have...

No moveon, No Money, No Moonstriker, No Malediction, No Ravager, No Cursed Soul, No Devils Grace, No drugs to take over

My Monk will have...

No Firestorm, No HAB, No Pest, No Holy Lightning - (SHE ISNT CARRYING A FUCKING THING AT ALL, its all in the GOGO due to her fucking Bugged SL due again to SATURNS FUCKED UP MISSIONS)

Richard Slade
And of course, everyone got pissed off and noone bothered to just calmly as:
"What do we get to make up for this mess?
We know it was a FM but still feel we could need something to weigh up for it."

sanityislost
.................this is fucked up........i dont see many people staying because of this

<----could be one of those leaving

that said, fairly sure kk did what they could to avoid it

SiL ..:..

Agent FunHead
27-09-04, 14:57
Goddamn saturns always been cursed by space pirate ghosts :mad: :mad:

thats messed up a few things I had changed since the 2nd snapshot was taken but at least the majority of my chars have what the need

i reckon all chars from saturn that are transfered should come with a gogo full of palm trees and shrubberys as some sort of stupid compensation so I can instantly make my app a jungle

Marshall1
well i suppose ij lucky i sorted my stuff out ages a go lol cause i had to format my system and didnt reinstall neocron 1 so im not effected the moral of the story is dont leave things to the last minute

Clownst0pper
that said, fairly sure kk did what they could to avoid it

SiL ..:..

Saturn should have been addressed years ago.

They know how tempremental it is.

Now, im missing dozens of 4+ slot rares, and my monk doesnt have a single item in her quickbelt.

OH- and I dont even want to know how dont mess will react.

He will hit the fucking roof.

Nippa
My spy will have...

NO moveon, No money, No slasher, No drugs to take over, and just a single judge

My Tank will have...

No moveon, No Money, No Moonstriker, No Malediction, No Ravager, No Cursed Soul, No Devils Grace, No drugs to take over

My Monk will have...

No Firestorm, No HAB, No Pest, No Holy Lightning - (SHE ISNT CARRYING A FUCKING THING AT ALL, its all in the GOGO due to her fucking Bugged SL due again to SATURNS FUCKED UP MISSIONS)

WHAT YOU MOANING FOR YOU HAVE QUIT ANYWAY HAVENT YOU OR WAS THAT MORE BULL :P

Revslad
27-09-04, 14:58
Saturn should have been addressed years ago.

They know how tempremental it is.

Now, im missing dozens of 4+ slot rares, and my monk doesnt have a single item in her quickbelt.

OH- and I dont even want to know how dont mess will react.

He will hit the fucking roof.

aye when he comes back on you'd best have your finger over the edit button ... :mad:

DigestiveBiscui
27-09-04, 14:58
HEY KK

WANNA WAKE THE FUCK UP AND REPLY - Take some of it ffs

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 14:59
HEY KK

WANNA WAKE THE FUCK UP AND REPLY - Take some of it ffs
Reply to what?

"FUCK YOU KK!"?
"I'M LEAVING!!"?
"THIS IS BS!!!"?

eLcHi
ahahahahahaha, what a DESASTER !!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully i was prepared (At least i think so ...) ...

But besides that i know MANY ppl that lost a LOT now ...

GG @ NC

*signoff*

Clownst0pper
[ edited ]

|R@zor|
so much for people setting up there quickbelts weeks ago, has'nt made a damn bit of difference.

now i am considering cancelling my account, and thats the first time in 2 years i've said that.

DigestiveBiscui
27-09-04, 15:00
Reply to what?
well they have done another half assed reply to another important situation

i want to know a few things

first i want to know when saturn goes back up so i can spam like a bitch

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 15:00
so much for people setting up there quickbelts weeks ago, has'nt made a damn bit of difference.

now i am considering cancelling my account, and thats the first time in 2 years i've said that.
If they set it up weeks ago, all is good..

Revslad
27-09-04, 15:01
yes and that 90% who didnt are fucked.....

Clownst0pper
27-09-04, 15:01

and who the fuck did that?

When we shouldnt have too..

I didnt set up my other characters as I wanted to be fully active till the last minute, then do a quick swop from gogo to quickbelt, and im done.

27-09-04, 15:02
[ edited ]

IceStorm
Geez. 10tacle has some vice grip on KK's balls to force the writing-off of the only english playerbase that matters in favor of a German launch...

Holger, you're really better off fixing Saturn properly and delaying NC2's launch than writing them off. We all know Pluto's the best English server, but we also know Saturn's got the largest english-speaking playerbase.

winnoc
Hey guys, i will log onto the phoenix TS from time to time to see what game you're going to move to.
I'll probably join up.

I'll try to log in tonight to salvage what i can on my chars.
Then i'll see what happens with NC2.
Priceincrease and the ammount of bugs, plus all this and friends leaving.....
I'll find me another sci-fi game to play.

|R@zor|

well if thats the case i'll eat my words
:angel:

Been too busy to play recently and my quickbelts have been sorted for a couple of weeks.

evs
Thing is if its gone its gone - Spilt milk and all that.

KK's got 2 choices

The backup as of 20th goes through to NC2, or roll back everything to the 5th and take a backup tonight to go.

Rolling the server back 22 days would be a killer for most, and so they decided to go with whatever the chars had on the 20th.

I can see why they've made that choice, and its a great shame their backup solution isnt much cop at all.

Obviously people are incensed by this, but they aint going to help make amends when people are screaming and swearing their heads off at them.

Nippa
[ edited ]

Sakletare
27-09-04, 15:03
Force majeure is "Oh my god, word war three broke out and all the backup tapes are now radioactive dust in earth orbit!", not "Oh my god the server broke down and we haven't made a backup in two weeks!". That's just force incompetence.

Clownst0pper
[ edited ]

DigestiveBiscui
Hey guys, i will log onto the phoenix TS from time to time to see what game you're going to move to.
I'll probably join up.

Priceincrease and the ammount of bugs, plus all this and friends leaving.....
I'll find me another sci-fi game to play.

we are ont he nc1 end of days ts

may as well call it the reakktor end of days ts - U FUCKED UP, U FUCKED UP

ZyproN
27-09-04, 15:04

I didnt set up my other characters as I wanted to be fully active till the last minute, then do a quick swop from gogo to quickbelt, and im done.

Yeah me2 got everything ready im my GOGO and our friend Zappa helped cstr the last mc5 and thats all gone now GREAT!

Ascension
How about KK, having a vote.. of pre-loading the 5th of september so people can atleast load the quickbelt for what ever they had at the time..

least then they have some stuff.. its not the best but its better than the 20th snapshot.. :rolleyes:

im sorry to all you guys who got fucked.. afaik.. my ppu on saturn has no spells and my melee tank is missing a devils grace! :mad:

Richard Slade

Who?
Let me see here..
The curretly biggest fanboi did..
Me ;)
I was ready a month ago
Why?
BECAUSE WHEN KK DOES STUFF THEY MESS UP!

Read last line in sig dude

TWICE!

edit:

How about KK, having a vote.. of pre-loading the 5th of september so people can atleast load the quickbelt for what ever they had at the time..

least then they have some stuff.. its not the best but its better than the 20th snapshot.. :rolleyes:

im sorry to all you guys who got fucked.. afaik.. my ppu on saturn has no spells and my melee tank is missing a devils grace! :mad:

you do realize even more people would be fubared if that happened, right?
Most would be TOTALLY fubared,
many clans built +300 rares AFTER the 5th

Agent FunHead
27-09-04, 15:05
well i suppose ij lucky i sorted my stuff out ages a go lol cause i had to format my system and didnt reinstall neocron 1 so im not effected the moral of the story is dont leave things to the last minute

No the moral of the story is dont play on a server thats built on an ancient Indian berial ground

JustIn_Case

You wont salvage, since its only a snapshot they got, they cant rollback, they will move it as it is to NC-2 without rollback...............

Now my sig really makes sense.

evs

No winnoc you cant im afraid.

The snapshot has already been done (20th sept) and that's whats being used for transfer purposes.

Any changes you will make tonight will not be carried over to NC2.

Clownst0pper
Who?
Let me see here..
The curretly biggest fanboi did..
Me ;)
I was ready a month ago
Why?
BECAUSE WHEN KK DOES STUFF THEY MESS UP!

Read last line in sig dude

TWICE!

I just think its fucking off with a big OFF

Xylaz

people who set it up weeks ago are fucking lucky morons!

Their accounts should be instantly banned and their chars permanently deleted...

DigestiveBiscui
27-09-04, 15:06
No the moral of the story is dont play on a server thats built on an ancient Indian berial ground

No the moral of the sotry is - Don't play a game run by KK

darknessfairy
[ edited ]

Erm.. bannz0red? Nid get your ban hammer down here love!

As for the saturn state. I really, do feel so sorry for you all.

If any of you do decide to come to nc2, ill see what i can spare from my stuff, maybe some money etc, and we'll sort you out?? Well at least some. I'm not promising to feed the 5000 with 5 loaves of bread and 3 fish lol

Clownst0pper

Account cancelled <------------

Nippa
27-09-04, 15:07
[ edited ]

HoneyMonster
TRY HARDER KK

Richard Slade
people who set it up weeks ago are fucking lucky morons!

Their accounts should be instantly banned and their chars permanently deleted...
not lucky, smart..
It's a difference
I swhould be a preacher you know.. I knew something was bound to happen
hence why I set it up over a month ago

jerrymaguire
27-09-04, 15:08
Like alot of other people, I scrambled to get the best shit together I could. I traded for like 2 weeks solid, spending hours at a time to get together enough parts for the only thing I wanted, and that was an MC5 chip. I got the chip, and got it made. WHEN I log on tonight, and I find that I don't have it in my quickbelt, ( I assume its only what the chars have on them that will be transfered), You can say goodbye to me. I have not played this game for the last 2 years to get fucked up the arse right at the end.

I WANT someone to say that something will be done about it. I WANT someone to say that if we are not happy, then some sort of compansation will be paid. That saturn users will be given something special to make up for the BALLS UP that has set them back.

I play Saturn only. My chars may not be capped, but they had what they needed for the transfer to NC2. The only problem is, as I was still leveling them, they had NOT been fully prepared.

I love this game. but I have not paid for the last 2 years for it all to count for nothing. Give me some hope!! Tell me sumthin to ease my mine!!! Make up for yet ANOTHER mess!!!!

DigestiveBiscui
27-09-04, 15:09
[QUOTE=jerrymaguire]
I love this game. but I have not paid for the last 2 years for it all to count for nothing. QUOTE]

EXACTLY

a waste of 2 years. KK first of all say about item wipes and shit - but now cock up a server so we can't even take over what we want

Oh dear, now Im a loser. People need to get off their high horses, whats is the matter with you people? Calm down for gods sake.

There really is an attitude problem with the majority of this 'community'.

Richard Slade
Jerry, read your own sig and steop whining :p

djskum
So what other games are about then?

No way I'm playing this now. How often are your shitty fucking servers backed up anyway? Once a month? MOCK!

Learn how to write a decent backup script. If I lost a months worth of a clients work, I'd be fucking sacked on the spot. Definately NO RE...

I've never EVER been this fucked off with NC, EVER! and I've been here since beta4. Lived thru the bugs, lived thru the rollbacks, the nerfs, the exploits etc. But never have I lost so fucking much stuff!!?!?

I expect to be reimbersed in some way or other. Either free playtime or ingame items spawned for me and my levels replaced. If I don't see any effort on KK's part to placate me for *their* fuck up. I will leave. Very very simple...

DjSKum

MonsterMatze
[ edited ]

Thanatos
27-09-04, 15:10
Please stop flaming each other.

There's just no "right" way out of this, some will be better off with the snapshot from the 20th, some would be better off with the rollback and the ability to prepare their chars today.

Xylaz
27-09-04, 15:10
it's all pointless now...

Ch1n Th3 M4g
27-09-04, 15:11

KK's got 2 choices

The backup as of 20th goes through to NC2, or roll back everything to the 5th and take a backup tonight to go.

Rolling the server back 22 days would be a killer for most, and so they decided to go with whatever the chars had on the 20th.

I can see why they've made that choice, and its a great shame their backup solution isnt much cop at all.

Obviously people are incensed by this, but they aint going to help make amends when people are screaming and swearing their heads off at them.

yes but like most online games we pay for it..
we pay outa our noses so they can delete our objects,roll back work we have taken ages to do,fuck us around,and not give a dam about it
NC2.......fucking shit
all my chars look like girls,nothing really big has changed about it,still buggy as nc beta (but atleast that was fun)
and all this tock how eva long to make.....bs.
nc2 could have be remade buy a bunch of collage grads in half the time and work.!

im so fucked off with the hole thing kk can keep my qb,
and everything that dosent really matter to me now

good bye kk
U SUXX

Agent FunHead
27-09-04, 15:12

KK's got 2 choices

Dont know how hard of if this is even possible but couldnt they roll back to the 5th, Then replace ur QB from the 20th and give saturn an extra 3 days of play before they have to go join DOY with the rest?

I would hope this situation doesnt only have 2 solutions, both of which are far from acceptable really

SypH
27-09-04, 15:12
Well fuck=( So all the lomming I did this month is wasted? What about faction changes? And I'm sure 1 or 2 of my alts werent ready as far as quickbelts go. The only ones that I hadnt organised were the ones I was using regularly=/

So are we going to get skill releases for those of us who just wasted most of last month lomming? What about faction changes? Going to be a bit hard for people with no weapons, or shit ones, and next to no money to do it all again.

Seriously this is fucking retarded. I've lost weapons and rares 5 times now in the last year because of server cock ups, and now this? If I log in with nothing or useless shit on the 2 chars I didnt have ready then I'm most likely not going to be playing NC2.

And for those pissing about how we should have had our QBs sorted earlier, if I am paying for play time then I am going to fucking use it. Not sit around in plaza admiring my QB and my imps.

/edit and now I have just checked.....all my faction changes made, gone. All the fucking lomming time I spent is a fucking waste. Thanks alot KK. It sure is nice paying to be fucked over repeatedly.

DigestiveBiscui
27-09-04, 15:13

There's just no "right" way out of this, some will be better off with the snapshot from the 20th, some would be better off with the rollback and the ability to prepare their chars today.

No, you're wrong

Everyone would be better off with a rollback to the 5th

Very very few would be happy with a shitty snap shot

27-09-04, 15:15
I dont hink I have lost out on much, as I havent played NC1 for a while. My monk was pretty much ok. Researcher and Contructor is my main problem I havent organised them at all, but nothing I cant sort out in a week or so.

Dont care about my droner, or my PE for that matter. So im not overly concerned really. Its a pain in the arse I can appreciate for those that have lost stuff.

Life goes on.

Richard Slade
No, you're wrong

Everyone would be better off with a rollback to the 5th

Very very few would be happy with a shitty snap shot
rather 10%.
most wouldn't want to have to build +300 rares
most wouldn't want to have to trade around for them damn chips
most wouldn't want all that
and those smart enough to think ahead, are happy anyways

Shinto
ok before i start flaming KK for such a stupid situation.

if i log on to saturn, even if i put items in my QB slots tonight, it wont matter cos the char snapshot for saturn has already been done?

i hope not, or i think all ill have with me is my CS, concidering i had about 5 CS's/4 ravs/1 dev/2moony/2doomy/2 mals all just for my tank, this sucks.

DigestiveBiscui
27-09-04, 15:16
rather 10%.
most wouldn't want to have to build +300 rares
most wouldn't want to have to trade around for them damn chips
most wouldn't want all that
and those smart enough to think ahead, are happy anyways

yea, and when kk say we have until midnight at monday to sort our chars out - then most people would of thought we had that time, wouldnt they

[ edited ]

Agent FunHead

well to keep it in the same theme lets say dont buy a house from a company who builds houses on ancient berial graveyards

Xylaz

WTF, how come some will be better off with the snapshot????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WTF are u doing???????????????????????????????????/

everyone will be better with the rollback as everyone will have the chance to make some changes

if someone is prepared already it doesnt bother him at all

and if someone is not prepared - the snapshot fucks all their accounts beyond recognition

WTF are u smoking? There is a better way, its just you obviously have choosen the WORST ONE

kurai
27-09-04, 15:17
Force majeure is "Oh my god, word war three broke out and all the backup tapes are now radioactive dust in earth orbit!", not "Oh my god the server broke down and we haven't made a backup in two weeks!". That's just force incompetence.
Certainly looks that way.

Might I suggest 10Tacel invests a whopping $34 for the future :

Bckup Utitlity : MySQL Dump Timer (http://www.brothersoft.com/Utilities_Backup_MySQL_Dump_Timer_22675.html)

Either that or pay someone with Clue[tm] to manage it for you.

Capt. Rik
27-09-04, 15:17
Well, I was looking forward to NC2 but as I have no chance of sorting my saturn chars out i'm probably not going to buy it :mad:

I seriously think KK should consider the roll-back to sept 5th.

Darken
27-09-04, 15:18
AHAHHAHAHAHHAh

ITS APRIL THE FIRST !!!!!
LOOK ITS APRIL THE FIRST!!!

!!!!!

No :(

its 27th of September

:( :( :(

Richard Slade
yea, and when kk say we have until midnight at monday to sort our chars out - then most people would of thought we had that time, wouldnt they

[ edited ]
LOL
you seriously trust in their words after all these years?!
Christ, I'd do a brain x-ray if I were you.. geez...

Sakletare
I have never made a demand like some people do here all day, but this is a bit special...

Reakktor, you'd better get everyone you know and their cousins to start working helpdesk so when NC2 start you can retrieve items from peoples account on NC1 and transfer them to NC2, and give everyone that played Saturn lots of free play time if you want to keep any customers.

Mindgibber
I VOTE YES for a rollback 5th september !

DigestiveBiscui
I seriously think KK should consider the roll-back to sept 5th.

ooooo yes

then again i bet MJS is currently legging it out of germany

winnoc
27-09-04, 15:19
Actualy the fun i derive from this game if from the people i play it with.
It' about the sense of humour some have, and having a good laugh.

I can have all that in another game too.

WWW.MMORPG.COM

C'mon u brits :-) Let's look for something else.

Xylaz
27-09-04, 15:20
[ edited ]

darkservent
God blimey, I cant speak for my brother but ill let him spam the forums like a bitch when he gets back, havnt even told him yet either, he would probably leave his lectures and go straight to the computer room.

Selendor
Thinking back through the 2 years we've been playing, I have to say this is the worst thing that has happened to any server. The quickbelt items have taken literally years to acquire, there is going to be a real feeling of loss as this announcement sinks in. I think its terrible, and KK should be ashamed.

Personally I organised my characters around that time, so for me its 50% either way (50% for my 5 Slot Pain Easer, 5 Slot Holy Lightning), but I think that the events of the last few weeks have shown many people that Neocron is on its last legs, that this whole 'sequel' was a mistake when the original servers should have been given attention. I've said earlier that I thought it was a sideways step, well now I'm convinced its actually a bacwards step :(

If you are going to screw us like this I want one question answered - why did this problem happen NOW?? Come on guys, don't you think its a strange coincidence its happened this week? Did you stop maintenance on the server in September? Did you move resources over to the Neocron 2 and Beta setups? I am extremely suspicious of the timing of this problem.

I think that many players will share my suspiscion, and I think that this thread will explode as more people read the announcement. I also think that of your choices, you should have gone back to 5th September because it would allow players now to log on and get at least the majority of their items ready.

ridec
Whats going on KK? What about show some respect you can't just delete everything people used months to get like that. Make a rollback give people time to fix their stuff again, Im not running around whit my 5 slot rares they are in GOGO god sake do you know how much time you need to get high slotted rares, mc5 chips, everything that you earn in this game COST alot of time and thats not fair just to trough all out time OUT!

Clownst0pper
27-09-04, 15:21

Do we get any compensation?

A free month?

10million credits on start of DOY?

Do we get the option as a server to poll whether we want a roll back or not?

No

No

No.

@ Nippa, your continual accusations are shallow at best. Bring proof, Bring a screenshot, a script, any evidence.

Sadly you never will, why? Because there isnt any, and I genuinly think you hate the fact that I own yourself, and 99% of cartel without cheating, Scarey

fucking retard

Morganth
27-09-04, 15:21
KK you call yourself a fucking company? I could do a better job with 10 teenagers than you do at organizing Saturn. You may as well say good bye to your most active players, which are Saturnites and any future playerbase as I am sure we as a community can do better at publishing negative things about NC2 to make people not want to play then you can advertise for new players.

All this time people have waited for NC2, and now you cut out one of the largest communities because you can't employ people who know how to run a fucking database and keep it well maintained.

I hope you go bankrupt, as you deserve no better unless you provide a solution that either makes everyone suffer for this fuck up or Saturn the ability to set characters up.

naimex
27-09-04, 15:22
man... that sucks....

Sorry to hear for all you saturnians..

but I gotta say.. thank god I play uranus....

Clownst0pper
27-09-04, 15:22
God blimey, I cant speak for my brother but ill let him spam the forums like a bitch when he gets back, havnt even told him yet either, he would probably leave his lectures and go straight to the computer room.

Im going to phone dilly now, lecture or not.

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 15:23
@Xylaz, tbh, everyonne not as calm as me should stfu. Yes you too.
It's no time for getting personal, and I ain't even gonna bother replying more than this.

Also, at KK, you planning on any way to make up for these poor souls?

HoneyMonster
27-09-04, 15:24
As is stands with that lousy Excuse of a solution lets be quite honest here you are going to loose alot of people from saturn....

Pull your finger out and actually come up with a better answer.
you are talking 1/4 to a 1/3 of your customer base here dont come up with its too time consuming etc..... !

evs
I'd certainly prefer it to stay as of 20th, I managed to get hold of most of my stuff between 5th and then (and due to paranoia) chucked it all in my qb.

Thats just me personally though

ridec

OMG, OMG, Dilly has all his nicely stuff in GOGO or Inventory on his cstr. OMG

boombang
Firstly we get the epic stuff wipe, which I thought yeah, I can see their point and can deal with - ALTHOUGH it did piss me off that they didn't tell us earlier as I did 5 epics the day before this announcement.....
This also has meant that I now have characters in the wrong factions, and will have a hard time getting them back to PP and BT to get my epic chips, although not the end of the world. My Pro city ones can probably easily change over and eventually I will have the chips.

BUT

In NC now I have my newly Crahn'd hybrid monk, set up well for PvP and clan wars, with all the spells I will need freshly made. However with the lack of backing up of data and rollback:-
In NC2 he will be PP, so looks like I will have an insanely hard time getting to Crahn.
All that setting up and tweaking is gone - down the drain.
All my freshly made spells, mostly 3,4 and three 5 slotters are most likely gone - depending on when this snapshot was taken. Most likely I would have been setup for levelling with replaceable passive spells, my 5 slot holy energy barrel and a no slot psi attack 2.

As for my tank - I think he had his POB on him, all the right chips armour etc, which isn't so bad is it??? or is it? well his QB was to hold the POB, his DG, spare POB, and loads of PA for my other chars which they didn't have space for....

Oh and my spy, can't forget her - or maybe I should since now she is stuck without all her levelling weapons, to take her from 80 dex to cap...

so my question to KK - are you able to do anything to help us Saturn players out? you have gimped virtually all saturn users chars, and are likely to lose a few accounts.

On another note, if a company like BT, British Gas, or any other service provider fucks up, they compensate you for it. If you can look into how much downtime we have had to put up with, then give us a refund pro rata, I am sure people would be most gratefull.

I am seriously considering starting what was once a joke - The Neocron Players Union - to ensure that the total mistreatment of paying customers wouldn't continue (if it worked, and with people like Richard Slade around it'd be less likely (cock), can you imagine the looks on their faces when EVERYONE cancelled their direct debits and worldpay payments. We would certainly get some fucking respect then - but hey, I am dreaming right?)

GosuSmurf
27-09-04, 15:25
pff... lets tell this to game mags and game websites.. and lets see how manny ppl are comming to BDoY then

mr murb
27-09-04, 15:25
Oh my god.
But I changed out a weapon part 1 for a weapon part 1 blueprint after the 20th.

:lol: lol. :lol:

This is fucked up.
I will add this to the list of bad ways to run a mmorpg.

Marshall1
27-09-04, 15:26
so why cant they delay for 1 day keep saturn up a little longer allow peeps to sort out anything they can salvage and then do a nother backup at end of week for the remaining players on saturn it cant be that hard

the ones that want to go now can transfer there chars and be delted from the saturn server the ones that need more time could stay on the saturn server up to a week to sort there chars out and then come over to nc2 is it really not that simple problem solved

SypH
Thanks for wasting the last month of play time KK. Nice to know your still concerned about fucking us over at every given chance. Thanks for giving me next to zero time to change factions on 6 of my alts. Thanks for wasting a month of lomming. Thanks for wasting a month of trading so I could ensure I took what I needed to NC2. Thanks for the compensation that you will never offer despite fucking us over again and again.

DonnyJepp
I'm really speechless. I took some time Tuesday and got most of my chars ready but I still had some work to do on my PPUs. Now, only 1 or 2 of my 8 chars is ready and my tradeskiller won't even have his damn tools!

Customer service rating: Ulcer inducing
Ability to deliver what you've promised and been payed for: Abysmal
Hope for DOY: Fading fast
Likelyhood of my reactivating for DOY: Shot to shit

[ edited ]

Morganth
27-09-04, 15:27
If there is no compensation I think anyone who leaves as a result of this fuck-up should actively publisise KK's inability to run a MMORPG successfully. They wanna screw our hard work over, we can screw theirs over.

IceStorm
27-09-04, 15:27
There's just no "right" way out of this,Dude, 15 days of XP gain is easy. Recovering tools that cost upwards of 1.5 million is NOT if the Economy is as hosed as Closed Beta wants it to be.

The right way out is to give people the option of taking their Saturn Snapshot OR their Saturn Sept 5th-adjusted chars with them. Make an extra table in that conversion database for all the Saturn chars. Delay the Saturn people's entry into NC2 if you have to, but that's the RIGHT way out of this.

boombang
27-09-04, 15:28

and all would have been better had this MASSIVE cock up not have happened - but then that wouldn't be very KK would it?

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 15:28
[ edited ]

Umm anyways, at KK, how about this:
Keep snapshots, rollback, make a page letting people make a new snapshot when they feel ready..?
Anyone else feel this could be anything of worth?

j0rz
27-09-04, 15:29
[ edited ]

Shinto
[ edited ]

darkservent

HOLY CRAP DONT DO THAT HE'LL HAVE A HEART ATTACK, YOUR GONNA KEEEEEL HIM IRL.

Noone understands his gogos like I do. If any of u see it its sick beyond recognition.

Clownst0pper
Anyone want to buy my account on EBay?

5 fully capped characters
5 Mc5 chips
Great setups

Although im unsure what weapons theyve got...

300quid :D

HOLY CRAP DONT DO THAT HE'LL HAVE A HEART ATTACK, YOUR GONNA KEEEEEL HIM IRL.

Noone understands his gogos like I do. If any of u see it its sick beyond recognition.

Text and phoned him, he is shitting himself already, ill phone him again l8r...

Alienfreak
27-09-04, 15:30
[ edited ]

kurai
Make an extra table in that conversion database for all the Saturn chars.Think about what you are asking here.

You want the shaved monkey that fucked this up in the first place to tinker *more* with the database ?

*shudder* O_o

ridec
so why cant they delay for 1 day keep saturn up a little longer allow peeps to sort out anything they can salvage and then do a nother backup at end of week for the remaining players on saturn it cant be that hard

the ones that want to go now can transfer there chars and be delted from the saturn server the ones that need more time could stay on the saturn server up to a week to sort there chars out and then come over to nc2 is it really not that simple problem solved

Yes FFS i got ALOT OF nice rares in my GOGO i need to transfer ITS Important as SHIT ass i got CRAPPY Stuff at all my chars atm. Was ready for the EVENT!

Morganth
Umm anyways, at KK, how about this:
Keep snapshots, rollback, make a page letting people make a new snapshot when they feel ready..?
Anyone else feel this could be anything of worth?

This sounds like a very good idea, but I doubt KK would be able to do this as I believe their database programmers are incompetant and ignorant.

Xylaz
27-09-04, 15:31
[ edited ]

djskum
I'm getting more and more fucking angry as this whole fucking situation sinks in. The realisation of exactly how much stuff I've lost. How much time I've wasted. Looks like most of my friends are leaving now. Looks like most of saturn will go? I mean only a tard would set his qb up a month early and not log into a game for a month, just to say they've done it. We were given a time and a date. I expect to have been able to play up to that time and date. OK so hardware fails. Where are the backups? And more importantly KK better start doing some fucking damage limitation like 5 minutes ago! This popped up on any MMO news sites yet?

I estimate you have about 2 hours b4 your fucked off customers start shouting and screeming all over the web about u. How much did you spend on marketing? Might as well have fucking smoked it, no-ones gonna touch your games ever again at this rate!

SORT IT OUT!

DjSKum

winnoc
Ok.

I found my "new" game.
It's comming out on the 30th.
Also post apocalyptic etc.....
Don't care if it's bugged duringthe first months, can't be much worse than neocron.
Also seems like it's a bigger world to explore.

I wonder how many customers they'll get from neocron.

maver!ck
Sorry, but that's bullshit. Everyone who played 15 (!) days before the 5th is better of. Anyone who played this game for longer is utterly fucked right now.

boombang
27-09-04, 15:32
[ edited ]

evs
27-09-04, 15:33
[ edited ]

This is the funniest quote i've read in years :lol:

I guess you aren't happy then? :D

Selendor
On the matter of compensation, I also think it is highly unlikely that KK will be able to tell which server you are coming from to Neocron 2, as players will have had characters on all servers.

About the only thing I can think of is that when you transfer a Saturn character to the new servers they add 10 million per character.

But even that scant consolation for this screw up.

And I repeat: WHY DID IT GO WRONG THIS WEEK? What did KK stop doing??

Morganth
Ok.

I found my "new" game.
It's comming out on the 30th.
Also post apocalyptic etc.....
Don't care if it's bugged duringthe first months, can't be much worse than neocron.
Also seems like it's a bigger world to explore.

I wonder how many customers they'll get from neocron.

[ edited ] although I wanna see how Vendetta Online and Legend of Mir 3 turn out before I make my decision. Either way, no compensation for loss (big compensation, not the 100k you get from helpdesk) means anti-NC advertising coming outta me faster than you can say "FRE".

DigestiveBiscui
27-09-04, 15:34
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=113383

vote for the rollback tbh

ZyproN
27-09-04, 15:34
KK, I hope you read this, IF this isn't going to be resolved I cancel my accounts like alot of my friends are doing and I will get a friend to make a nice post on the danish biggest game community how much shit this is and that they should stay away from this game. I hope GERMAN, ENGLAND and all over the world, not old players, NEW Players warn them to stay out of this shit!

IceStorm
27-09-04, 15:36
You want the shaved monkey that fucked this up in the first place to tinker *more* with the database ?Hey now, let's not get things more confused than they are. It's the backup monkey that screwed the pooch here, not the database monkey.

Besides, what they could do is just leave Saturn up as the NC1 server for 15 days, then move it to the char database...

ZyproN
KK, I hope you read this, IF this isn't going to be resolved I cancel my accounts like alot of my friends are doing and I will get a friend to make a nice post on the danish biggest game community how much shit this is and that they should stay away from this game. I hope GERMAN, ENGLAND Gamingsites WARN, NEW Players to stay out of this shit!

Cor
[ edited ]

Lexxuk
27-09-04, 15:37
First I would like to offer my comiserations to the people of Saturn who have lost so much, to work so hard to aquire items, which are then taken away from you by an unlikely set of incidents must be a real bitch.

[ edited ]

darkservent
27-09-04, 15:38
Bad move KK, I want a refund over the past 2 years then if thats wot u gonna do. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cor
27-09-04, 15:38
[ edited ]

Marshall1
27-09-04, 15:39
trust me you will all come back i am not sure what all the whining is for so you cant be uber at start of nc2 you cant kill low lvl chars in nc2 to right at start deal with it yea tradskillers i messed up if they dont have there tools but im sure some vets who actually sorted there chars out could help sort you guys out it aint end of world just gonna take you an extra week to get back up to where you were i sure it aint gonna be that hard for you compared to the new players so chill your getting excited over a little set back oh no i dont have my rare parts any more oh no my stash of rare wepons have gone oh dear what a shame go hunt some mobs and get soemenw ones made at least i can make loads of cash with my conster and resser as it looks like i will be the only high lvl one in nc2 lol

Rellix
27-09-04, 15:39
There's a thing called "regular backups". Perhaps you have heard about it?

Hate to say this but MY SCHOOL backs up better than this, every night it backs up EVERYTHING. These are the same people that took 3 months to get that virs that restarted your computer when your conectd to the internet off 100 PCs, even although they were told what it was, how to fix it (stay up to date with patches).

Lets hope they have the sense to BUNDLE the servers together into one, meaning that the server can cope with lots of players, solving the emptieness of soem servers.

jernau
27-09-04, 15:40
Amazing. Just amazing. [ edited ]

Utter fuck up as per usual, no backups, no discussion, no compensation, blah blah, KK, blah....

Agent FunHead
Im reposting this please KK could u let me know if this is even possible

Dont know how hard of if this is even possible but couldnt they roll back to the 5th, Then replace ur QB from the 20th snapshot on to the 5th rollback and give saturn an extra 3 days of play before they have to go join DOY with the rest?

Essentially combining your 2 previous solutions to make a 3rd.

I would hope this situation doesnt only have 2 solutions, both of which are far from acceptable really

Sigma
Why am I not surprised?

Oh well...

:wtf:

Crest
27-09-04, 15:41
Im reposting this please KK could u let me know if this is even possible

Dont know how hard of if this is even possible but couldnt they roll back to the 5th, Then replace ur QB from the 20th snapshot on to the 5th rollback and give saturn an extra 3 days of play before they have to go join DOY with the rest?

Essentially combining your 2 previous solutions to make a 3rd.

Hey KK How do you spell incompetence. Why not give us the name of the employer or name of the guys in the team who fucked up so badly that, they have effectively wasted 2 years of gaming, and 3 months of planning

Seriously, How incompetent do you have to be not to have a valid backup from the 5th of September. Hey if you said the best is restoring from the 20th the community would still have been pissed, because your track record is such for delivery.

I never knew that KK was a mickey mouse company
1) DOY is delayed from 2002 / 2003 to now
2) Constant roll backs in this time, although back then you had backups
3) Hardware failure (Thursday Night 10pm) and no backup in place
4) No backups done of data

And now we must take you seriously as a player in big boy world of game play. I like MJ being in charge, for him in charge meant he would personally go and check the backups, cause since he aint running KK things have declined.

Lets look at the impact of this announcement
1) Other server joining with us on international, start with an advantage, which they will continue to realise for months to come.
2) While other people are spending time enjoying their new environment, most of Saturn are either re-lomming, Doing faction jumps, or trying to replace loss items.

Tell you what, Give us a name and where they now work (We assume, you screw up this badly, you don’t work here anymore)

WTF Are you guys doing, when can I expect to receive my 2 years premiums back, as they have paid for nothing (As this is what I will show in NC2)
Thanks for backing your community.

naimex
27-09-04, 15:41
Will you people get off the backs of the saturnians already ??

Don´t you think they got hammered enough by this ??

Just think it through.. if you keep that up, it might just be a full wipe that occurs to make it all fair.

So shut the fuck up, and either help think of solutions to make this up for the saturnians, give your condolences or stay the fuck outta this thread..

I´d be bloody dying on the carpet if that had happened to my stuff.

Clownst0pper
27-09-04, 15:42
trust me you will all come back i am not sure what all the whining is for so you cant be uber at start of nc2 you cant kill low lvl chars in nc2 to right at start deal with it yea tradskillers i messed up if they dont have there tools but im sure some vets who actually sorted there chars out could help sort you guys out it aint end of world just gonna take you an extra week to get back up to where you were i sure it aint gonna be that hard for you compared to the new players so chill your getting excited over a little set back oh no i dont have my rare parts any more oh no my stash of rare wepons have gone oh dear what a shame go hunt some mobs and get soemenw ones made at least i can make loads of cash with my conster and resser as it looks like i will be the only high lvl one in nc2 lol

you know what I still fucking can, and your ass is grass.

Kaolin still has his best judge, and that my friend, is enough to pwn any n00b

Marshall1
27-09-04, 15:45
thank you for that i look forward to it lol

amfest
27-09-04, 15:45
Well fuck=( So all the lomming I did this month is wasted? What about faction changes? And I'm sure 1 or 2 of my alts werent ready as far as quickbelts go. The only ones that I hadnt organised were the ones I was using regularly=/

So are we going to get skill releases for those of us who just wasted most of last month lomming? What about faction changes? Going to be a bit hard for people with no weapons, or shit ones, and next to no money to do it all again.

Seriously this is fucking retarded. I've lost weapons and rares 5 times now in the last year because of server cock ups, and now this? If I log in with nothing or useless shit on the 2 chars I didnt have ready then I'm most likely not going to be playing NC2.

And for those pissing about how we should have had our QBs sorted earlier, if I am paying for play time then I am going to fucking use it. Not sit around in plaza admiring my QB and my imps.

/edit and now I have just checked.....all my faction changes made, gone. All the fucking lomming time I spent is a fucking waste. Thanks alot KK. It sure is nice paying to be fucked over repeatedly.
Actually syph everything you did up to the 20th were saved in a snapshot .. but when you login to the server it's been rolled back to the 5th so what you see on the server currently isn't what was saved unless you haven't played since the 5th. So everything till 3 days before the server went down should be saved. You'll most likley just not have your quick belt setup.

hinch
27-09-04, 15:47
i think rolback to 20th and then 24 hours of playtime should be enough to get 98% of the people fixed up on saturn then resnapshot saturn for the nc2 upgrade after all your only working with DB's so reintegrating multiple datasets isnt exactly brain surgery.

if you want i'll even write you teh sql code todo it

Selendor
27-09-04, 15:48
KK are listening guys, there is an official poll up, go vote

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=113385

S a W
27-09-04, 15:50
[ edited ]

boombang
27-09-04, 15:51
I am not sure that the snapshot of the 20th includes the stuff in gogu's - rather that it is merely a snapshot of skills on chars, and what they are carrying (this also would tie in with them not being able to track inventories as always rumoured)

Capt. Rik
27-09-04, 15:51
KK, this is your ONE chance to listen to the majority of the community.

Whatever that poll result, you must abide by it and not change your minds again!

fokusu
27-09-04, 15:52
If you roll back to the 5:th of Sep, could you please, please, please at least do a skill reset.

This should be easily done and some chars won't had their lomming done in vain

Lexxuk
27-09-04, 15:53
[ edited ]

kurai
I am not sure that the snapshot of the 20th includes the stuff in gogu's - rather that it is merely a snapshot of skills on chars, and what they are carrying (this also would tie in with them not being able to track inventories as always rumoured)
The snapshot from the 20th is a `transfer only` data set ...
i.e. only your skills/imps/armour/quickbelt.

JustIn_Case
i think rolback to 20th and then 24 hours of playtime should be enough to get 98% of the people fixed up on saturn then resnapshot saturn for the nc2 upgrade after all your only working with DB's so reintegrating multiple datasets isnt exactly brain surgery.

if you want i'll even write you teh sql code todo it

But they cant rollback to the 20th, there is only a backup from the 5th to rollback to.
What they have for the 20th is the snapshot they used when moving chars to open beta, not an backup.

amfest
27-09-04, 15:54
Oops syph .. looks like the majority are for a rollback to the 5th so I guess you are going ot lose all that time working FS and lomming >_>

Sakletare
27-09-04, 15:55

A rollback to the 5:th and just a day to remake everything you did in the last 20 days isn't going to help. Reakktor fucked up and think they can fix it within the current time frame, that's not possible.

Jock Rockwell
27-09-04, 15:57
A rollback to the 5:th and just a day to remake everything you did in the last 20 days isn't going to help. Reakktor fucked up and think they can fix it within the current time frame, that's not possible.

Well they could delay the buggy thing that is by no way near ready for retail they call nc 2.

I wouldn't mind waiting a few days more so people on Saturn get a fair chance to cover there losses.

KazuYa.
both way i get fucked very nice KK
and i should pay all that money to play what? u did so fucking many bullshit and u want more money that we paid for nc1? thats a big bullshit

hinch
a day is enough to sort out your equipment no problems including making 300+ rares. its better than you transfering over with nothing

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 15:58
@Those feeling hatred towards me for being the wise ass I am (And also seeing some here, which I really never liked, suffer) please PM me your opinins instead of filling up space here.

Rellix
27-09-04, 16:00
I feel so good for getting my characters ready for the snap shot for the beta now.

Good thing Iv been too busy to play Neocron.....

jernau
WHAT TIME ON THE 20th WAS IT TAKEN?

(sorry to shout but this could make a BIG difference considering how close it was to shutdown anyway)

ZyproN

Alot of people have alot of nice stuff before the 5th that is in the GOGO the 20th.

Well they could delay the buggy thing that is by no way near ready for retail they call nc 2.

I wouldn't mind waiting a few days more so people on Saturn get a fair chance to cover there losses.

Thanks for not beeing a fool like some other stupid people from Pluto,Ura or where they ever play.

SypH
Actually syph everything you did up to the 20th were saved in a snapshot .. but when you login to the server it's been rolled back to the 5th so what you see on the server currently isn't what was saved unless you haven't played since the 5th. So everything till 3 days before the server went down should be saved. You'll most likley just not have your quick belt setup.
/edit and now I've just seen I am doubly fucked. Thanks kk

Selendor
27-09-04, 16:01
Yes I'm not saying they haven't fucked up, but at least the active players will have a chance to get their best items into their quickbelts again if they go back to the 5th.

@ KK - are you sure its not possible to use two snapshots and give players a choice at transfer time?

By the way if they use the rollback from the 5th and then snapshot it in 2 days there are going to be a lot of people who sorted themselves out in September (after the 5th) who won't see this in time to log on and correct. May I suggest KK that if you go with the current popular choice, you email all subscribers today? Word needs to go out fast so we can save our characters properly.

ps. I hope all this isn't in vain because they've been distracted and the character transfer fails for all runners anyways... :(

djskum
27-09-04, 16:02

Either way I lose a fuck load of stuff, levels and even a char.

[ edited ] I think it's time to give u boys a little lesson in how computer systems work.

So there is a big migration planned do you:

A) Make sure you have a months worth of daily backups?
B) Back up once a week?
c) Backup once a month?

Correct answer is: C. Always have loads of backups prior to a migration. Systems fuck up...

A grandfather, father, son backup script means:

A) A different member of the male side of your family changes the tapes everyday?
B) The tapes themselves are related due to there factory batch numbers?
C) U backup everyday, U do a full backup everyweek on to a separate tape, You do another full backup AGAIN once a month.

Correct Answer C: 5 days worth of recent backups. 1 months worth of full weekly backups, and monthly backups till u run out of storage space...

How the fuck do you manage it? I mean, do you not know what ur doing? Its beyond my comprehension. I'm almost speechless!

DjSKum

J. Folsom
27-09-04, 16:02
WHAT TIME ON THE 20th WAS IT TAKEN?

(sorry to shout but this could make a BIG difference considering how close it was to shutdown anyway)
My guess would be that it's basically the same transfer snapshot as the one used we used for the second character transfer to beta. (That makes the most sense anyway)

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 16:03
Question here, is there any way some of us can keep the current snapshot?
If not I gotta install again, get in, move one item, and then I'm done :p
Would simplify my life atleast

Judge
27-09-04, 16:04
Wow.... erm.

Fuck.

I may have just got my chars sorted by the 20th, I can't really remember. If I were to quit over this, it'd be more over principal, rather than personal loss... as I don't collect rares or whatever. However, I am really tempted to quit, and I'm definitely not going to be trying to persuade people to come back to Neocron anymore. Wether or nots its KK's fault directly, due to server downtime, if they're still using the same server suppliers, then it'll happen again.

Also, the last hard backup was on the 5th? What the bleeding fuck have you been doing since then?

SypH
27-09-04, 16:04
[ edited ]

Marshall1
27-09-04, 16:05
i take it your pissed then

KazuYa.
27-09-04, 16:05
and real damnit i capped 2 char from 5th to 20th and full equiped them with mc5 and high slotted rares and now? i have nothing one char is not even created ;O
nice job KK

Sakletare
27-09-04, 16:06
a day is enough to sort out your equipment no problems including making 300+ rares. its better than you transfering over with nothing
Yes, but most people have been trading building weapons like crazy in the last three weeks (bold because it's a long time), there's no way they can do it all again in just one day. A better solution would be to keep Saturn online for another three weeks to let people sort it all out and transfer to NC2 whenever they are ready. Sure, it would be more work for Reakktor, but they fucked it up so they have to fix it too.

And i quote myself from page 7:

I have never made a demand like some people do here all day, but this is a bit special...

Reakktor, you'd better get everyone you know and their cousins to start working helpdesk so when NC2 start you can retrieve items from peoples account on NC1 and transfer them to NC2, and give everyone that played Saturn lots of free play time if you want to keep any customers.

DigestiveBiscui
27-09-04, 16:06
Rollback TBH

Shinto
27-09-04, 16:07
hey KK how about recapping my tank which i spent time leveling back up and also throw my tank in to City admin faction since i aint going to have the time to do that now am i since it took me a good amount of time to go from -99 to the +50 which i was working throu when your crappy servers went tits up

Original monk
27-09-04, 16:08
ROFL i didnt read anything toroughly so i dont know for a 100% whats goin on but im sure that after i know for a 100% i wont be laughing like i am now lol

:(

i gonna read that thingie again now :P

SypH
27-09-04, 16:09
I'm pretty fucked with both options. Fucked if there is a roll back. Fucked if they use the snapshot. Just plain fucked. Thanks KK. Guess iit's time to cancel both accounts=/

winnoc
I'm sure some people at KK and 10tacel must be PISSED OFF realy bad at some employees.
This close to release, they take a long time to fix the servers, then Saturn goes corrupt.
All that and NC2 still full of bugs.

Plus they HAVE to release, since that other game that looks soo much like neocron is releasing the day after.

I know where i'm going.

ZyproN
Rollback. I Fucking played 1 year and I have my most important stuff before the 5th.

Shinto
27-09-04, 16:11
I'm sure some people at KK and 10tacel must be PISSED OFF realy bad at some employees.
This close to release, they take a long time to fix the servers, then Saturn goes corrupt.
All that and NC2 still full of bugs.

Plus they HAVE to release, since that other game that looks soo much like neocron is releasing the day after.

I know where i'm going.i guess reluctantly i will be joining you in that game.

System
27-09-04, 16:12
sigh... Well well well welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Some shit like this had to happen didn't it.... Well Depends on my clan on what I'm doing. But I'm moving in an hour and a half So PEACE! and good luck guys

Thanatos
27-09-04, 16:13
The backups between September 5th and now were damged.

The snapshot was created on September 20th around 2PM CEST (GMT+2).

Shinto
27-09-04, 16:13

mock tbh

Judge
27-09-04, 16:14
[ edited ]

Dunno... I'm tempted to go for a fantasy game for a while, maybe come back to NC some time in the future. If I were to quit that is.

EDIT: Btw, how the fuck did the server backups get damaged? I mean, did some fucktard go at them with a hammer or something? O_o

SypH
27-09-04, 16:14
So the options you are giving us is fuck one half of the server and roll back to 5th, or fuck the other half and use a snapshot?

I am P
27-09-04, 16:16

Do you guys ever do restore-tests?
Thats pretty easy you know.

I can teach you how to do it.

Regards P

MISS WHIP
KK wish to inform you that Christoff the KK cleaner/tea lady has being fired, it was her responsibility to make backups of the saturn server since everyone else was too busy with NC2 beta to give a shit...since we cannot do more than fire her we will have to file this under FORCE MAJOUR and hope for the best..

Thank you for your time and have a nice day :)

On a more serious note :confused: :wtf: :confused: :wtf: :confused:

Sakletare
Holger should make sure that someone at Reakktor is looking for a new job tomorrow, because he/she might just have killed Neocron by not makig sure the backups were working.

tiikeri
27-09-04, 16:18
[ edited ]

Could s1 translate this in German?:"DOES IT MEAN, WHEN YOU SAY THAT WE SHOULD GET PREPARED TO TRANSFER OUR CHARACTERS - YOU GET THAT PLEASURE OF GETTING US LOSE STUFF AND SHIT? AKA FUCKING US UP."

That's some REALLY bad custommer service right here. and i bet KK isn't going give any stuff back players lost.

Why-o-why.. it's always saturn. TO BALANCE ALL THIS SHIT.. FUCK UP THE JUPITERS DATABASE TOO!!!!! no u won't? and why the fuck is that.. cause it's german server. perioid.

Thanatos
27-09-04, 16:19
So the options you are giving us is fuck one half of the server and roll back to 5th, or fuck the other half and use a snapshot?
Yes. The third option would be to wipe everything on every server. Anyone want to vote on that?

DigestiveBiscui
27-09-04, 16:20

any iodea on whether or not you are rolling back??? or just keeping a snapshot

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 16:20
Yes. The third option would be to wipe everything on every server. Anyone want to vote on that?
You bet yer ass I do!

Ascension
27-09-04, 16:21

ME ME ME.. :lol: :rolleyes:

tiikeri

Well hell yeah! That would put everybody on the same line, or atleast rollback EVERY server. now you just fucked up us - who play mainly Saturn.

Darkana
2 words: not acceptable.

I want a mix of both backups, where I get implants, armor and quickbelt of the 5th moved into my inventory, while keeping the xp, implants, armor and qb of the 20th at their place. Additionally we will get all our apts, gogo etc. and get at least a chance to prepare our chars halfway for the transfer.

I for one had my chars especially setup for the last beta-transfer to test certain stuff. My PPU will be pretty much useless, not to talk about the other characters. And seeing how much time I will probably have in the future to play I can quit right now and say goodbye, I mean I won't have the time to regain all this stuff again (and this will take some time, not to talk about all the 5 slotted spells etc.pp.).

and I repeat: 2 words: not acceptable.

Offer us something better (I presented only an idea), as it stands atm you will drive off a number of paying customers. KK, step carefully ...

[VP]Orion
27-09-04, 16:22
Thing is.. Saturn is currently running, on what backup I dont know, but it sure aint from the 5th. So my guess is, its from the snapshot they talked about..

Can anyone from KK just answer on why you cant just do another snapshot from Saturn like it was planned? Let it take an extra week if thats what it takes. I will be completely screwed if the 20th snapshot gets copied over (and LOADS others) but if you rollback to the 5th lots of others will get screwed too.

Since the server IS up and running (and therefor a database is working too), I just dont understand why you couldnt just make a copy from it as planned (or postponed for Saturn only).

Either you close the 5th or the 20th you WILL loose tons of accounts (well, you prolly will either way but thats not the point). There MUST be a better choice!

djskum

And no-one picked up on that? 20 days and no one noticed that the servers wern't being backed up correctly? Or are you storing tapes in the fucking toilet bowl now? I don't buy that excuse. I've been running backup systems for 7 years now. OK so the odd tape gets wrapped about your tape drive mechanism. One day loss of data. You make doubly sure they occur again correctly the next day. If it's such mission critical data you should to a test restore at least once a week!

I fail to understand how this has happened. The only thing I can think of is gross negligence on the part of the person that was running backups. Or that you *KNEW* your backups were fucked and your db was fucked and you thought u'd "wing it" until NC2 and hope it all goes OK.

John Wayne would have been proud...

DjSKum

kurai
The backups between September 5th and now were damged.*All* the backups ?

So the duplicate backup data sets in diverse secure locations all got fucked over simultaenously ? :rolleyes:

Or did you simply not verify and restore test any of them ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This isn't rocket science, or advanced game engine coding guys, it's BASIC BUSINESS COMPETENCY.

Someone needs to seriously get smacked around with the ClueBat[tm].

fokusu
27-09-04, 16:23

There might be a fourth option too. But it will probably require some implementation.

Let us decide which snapshot to use for our own saturn chars. Then you won't piss off the 1/3 that voted for the 20th of September snapshot.

Gohei
27-09-04, 16:23

Doesn't matter to me. I'm not paying a company that obviusly can't do anything professional.... THings like this will probably happend in NC2. Thankfully i won't be here to experience it again. Thanks. Bye.

[ edited ]

djskum
27-09-04, 16:25

You bet your ass I'll vote on that... Level playing field anyone? [ edited ]

DjSKum

solling
27-09-04, 16:27
i would say take screens sept 20th that way we dont loose any lvls etc

and most peops who has half a brain should have been rdy by then :)

amfest
27-09-04, 16:27
*All* the backups ?

So the duplicate backup data sets in diverse secure locations all got fucked over simultaenously ? :rolleyes:
No they forgot to use coasters when they put their coffee down ^^

hey how about another option of having your characters insta capped, skill release and a various rare thrown into your INV :p

jernau
27-09-04, 16:28
More amazing customer service right there. :rolleyes:

HoneyMonster
27-09-04, 16:29

Heya

Ok what me and many people would like to know are you 100% sure there is no way no matter how costly or time consuming to merge the xp skills/or even just the base lvl's from the snap and the roll back on the 5th ?

Even if saturn has to wait to be a part of nc2 at the launch ?

Richard Slade
[ edited ]

DigestiveBiscui
meh all i know is either way my little brother has lost his account

his chars have gone, just leaving him with a blank account mainly because KK are lazy

Dan Szeen
How about some compensation.

A free month of NC2 (at least) and some extra cash for our characters.

I did get some of my alt chars ready fairly early.. but i have no idea what state they were in on Monday the 20th at 2pm or whatever...

Shinto
27-09-04, 16:32
[ edited ]

BunkerBoy
27-09-04, 16:32
I was wondering, is there anyway that the people who wnt the Sept. 20th snapshot can have those chars and then whoever wants the sept 5th one can get that? That would be a nice compromise. and sorry if it was stated b4.

Original monk
27-09-04, 16:33
I know where i'm going.

crazy shit happening so close before going gold lol, this is how i know KK :P

i dunno if i prepped all my chars before the 5th, i wouldnt know what option to choose lol, i do know that there still removin them kamis so ya probably wont see me anyway in NC2 ... dunno a 100% tough, angeldustbe4 was also pretty focused on obtaining my accounts lol, so i dunno yet :) if the whole rollbackthingie goes wrong then i know not alot of peeps will be playing anyways ...

but i noticed ya where goin to the other side winnoc ? i beta'd it since the early days and it doesnt look bad no, altough im not inpartial cause my RLneighbour is entousiastic about it (hes the leadmod over there, and even was here for a while) .. wich doesnt mean im goin to play it (the forbidden game) in retail, i hardly klick on any mmorpgbuttons anymore on my desktop, its always the same shit with mmorpgs lol :)

by that i mean ya get youre stuff wiped, youre chars rollbacked and all that misery etc etc, then ill go play some BF nam LOL, atleast i cant grow attached to my chars then :P

anyways have fun peeps, saturns future doesnt looks like the brightest one ... always that same server lol for 2 years now :lol:

[TgR]KILLER
27-09-04, 16:34
looking @ the annauncement forum. i don't have saturn chars so i din't vote.. but i would say roll it back to 5 sep and make a new backup tomorrow night..

but yea always will hit 1 group.. some people who were capped and din't play nc1 since beta started would like 5 sep so they can just get their qb's set cause they din't make stuff after then anyway.. but on the other side people who just leveled and capped their chars and set them up already for the second char test ( 20 sep ) might want to use the beta char test backup.

mishkin
27-09-04, 16:34
I was wondering, is there anyway that the people who wnt the Sept. 20th snapshot can have those chars and then whoever wants the sept 5th one can get that? That would be a nice compromise. and sorry if it was stated b4.

Now there's an idea... I DONT FUCKING WANT TO GO ONE MONTH BACK!!!
People are voting for a rollback of 1/2 a month? WHY THE FUCK?! the 20th was like 5 days ago... the 5th is like... a capped char ago... I can't fucking believe some people...

HoneyMonster
27-09-04, 16:35
[ edited ]
I 2nd that :).

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 16:35
[ edited ]
That goes for you too,
personal opinions about me, (and anyone else here for that matter) should be discussed through PMs,
if nothing else cuz you'll be breaking some hefty rules

Nid's edit - you're breaking some hefty rules yourself. Stop trolling.

Vampire_Reaver
27-09-04, 16:36
id go for the full wipe, or just gimme 1 server which is clean and I'll prolly keep playing then.. otherwise, if it goes back to the 5th, i got 1 day (which i am working since i just cant take a day off like that) which will leave me with see here, erm about 2 hours to fix all my imp setups, fill up 6chars with rares again (which i will have to have built, but first ill have to trade for half of the parts again ofcourse). And yes, i work 14h straight. so that will leave me with 10 hours, which i need atleast 6hours to sleep since im working the day after again, 14h straight. And then i would need 1hour for eating and shit.. which will leave me with 3 hours, and in those 3 hours i will have to do all this and ALSO i need to install and patch neocron from scrath again, on a 0,5mbit line..

YAAAAAHOOOOO! Please god take my right hand away so i will be gimped for life and never can play neocrack again!

I think instead of stressing myself to oblivion, ill just take a nice long crap and get those extra hours sleeping I never get.

tiikeri
27-09-04, 16:36
IF, you're going for the 20th day snap.. i either say

"FUCK OFF", or "GIB MEH STUFF BACK"

and i think i speak for any active player that kept fighting, doesn't have all the stuff in his QB.

if you go with that.. better start taking ppls requests for their stuff.
imo.. i want all my apus spells back,hc tanks ultimated CS mal etcetc, melee tanks pob dg dentist stunners etcetc..

oh yeah.. can't even get poked with my apu cause in 5th days.. i'm back in my app with -28 SL.. GG KK NO RE FOR U.

borlegan
27-09-04, 16:39
I would like to be polite, but **** you KK.
I left NC due to the lack of manage and support of KK, came back to play NC2 and what happend ?... more and more fails from KK. Im tired of this and probably wont go to NC2 if I cant set up my chars.

I love NC, but Im hating KK and I know what is this, I have a hosting company and know what are the troubles of this biz, but KK is the worst managed company over the Net.

As NC changes every thing and doesnt have a real distribution list or real support because every thing fails or change and dont really know what to do.

If there is a roll back or not... what is the option to have some time to sort our items ?... I mean...

THERE IS A FUCKING WAY TO KNOW HOW CAN I SET UP MY CHARS AGAIN ?

I cant not explain how pissed off I am with this company... I just stay here losing my money and time because I LOVE NC.

Thank you for your help, because Im completely confused and of course, I will leave NC if I had to transfer my chars on his current status.

mishkin
27-09-04, 16:39
You might want to consider all the newbies that have been leveling the last month, they'll lose alot more than the capped players, so I say, take the backup from the 20th and use that... it's alot less painful to lose a weapon than to lose a whole char you've been leveling.......... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dan Szeen
27-09-04, 16:41
It better bloody not go back to the 5th... I was working on 2 alt characters during that time and had put many hours into levelling them up for NC2 so i could use the freakin new vehicles.

General Crazy
27-09-04, 16:41
Well if KK goes with reseting up are chars from the 5th can they do something to help the people who spent days lomming to get there chars ready for DOY??

jerrymaguire
27-09-04, 16:42
At this point in time, I don't give a shit what KK do, my chars are fucked either way, THX KK

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 16:43
You might want to consider all the newbies that have been leveling the last month, they'll lose alot more than the capped players, so I say, take the backup from the 20th and use that... it's alot less painful to lose a weapon than to lose a whole char you've been leveling.......... :mad: :mad: :mad:
AND think of those not here who set up their chars so they wouldn't have to worry. OR are here and can't do shit about it like workaholic Vampire_Reaver..
Think abut those who have struggled on and on to get their char up, those who actually got their first MC5..
Think about those poor bastards who spent a month loming their chars...
And those poor souls who never cared much for the forums due to all the whining and spamming, they won't even have a chance to have an opinion...

ZyproN
27-09-04, 16:44

STFU! Its a BIG pain to lose some nicely rare slotted weapons you have in your GOGO.

mishkin
Yeah, they actually managed to give us the options "Bend over." and "Get bent over by force." :rolleyes:

Original monk
You might want to consider all the newbies that have been leveling the last month, they'll lose alot more than the capped player

think so ? capped players loose kamis, spiritmods all there bps and constrpartcollections certainly not to forget there rarepartsappartment with 3K+ parts and all ultrarares :)

then i prefer releveling a /30 char lol :P

ZyproN
27-09-04, 16:45
How long will the pool run?

ZyproN
27-09-04, 16:47
AND think of those not here who set up their chars so they wouldn't have to worry. OR are here and can't do shit about it like workaholic Vampire_Reaver..
Think abut those who have struggled on and on to get their char up, those who actually got their first MC5..
Think about those poor bastards who spent a month loming their chars...
And those poor souls who never cared much for the forums due to all the whining and spamming, they won't even have a chance to have an opinion...

Why the fuck you just don't go to your own server and leave Saturn alone?

Shinto
Yeah, they actually managed to give us the options "Bend over." and "Get bent over by force." :rolleyes:
they have been providing those options for us since i started.

Darken
Bloody helli dont wanne do all stuff again =/

stick to 20th

Vampire_Reaver
27-09-04, 16:49

hey, im no workaholic!
i need to work 14h a day so i can pay for my neocrack, but i guess i wont have to work anymore now when im prolly screwing it over :lol:

and i think it doesnt matter how much you vote or shit like that, or how much you whine like me.. they are gonna do whatever they agree on over at KK.. sure they listen to the community, (i think, hell if i know) but hell, why even bother, just let it happen, whatever now will happen. half of the players are screwed either way and thats not ok.
BUT instead of me whining here anymore and make no difference whatsoever im just gonna sit here and shout and curse and TAKE IT UP THE TAILPIPE! :mad:

Ultima
27-09-04, 16:49
How about compensation like reseting all Saturn Players skill points, giving the saturn players the choice of what faction to go into at transfer, maybe some extra cash or a free months play.

Personally I can't remember when I set my chars up, Im not overly upset by it all. I know for one it will give me an excuse to get back into the game by having guns, spells and implants to make.

I do however know of quite a hand full who have spent many hours/days/weeks switching factions, LOMing skills and trading rares just for the transfer. Seems wrong to not give some compensation somewhere when its not a straight transfer of Saturn to a new Saturn only server (other server players will obviously be advantagous)

tiikeri
27-09-04, 16:50
Bloody helli dont wanne do all stuff again =/

stick to 20th

[ edited ]

unlike u.. loads of ppl kept fighting, and not waiting with their stuff in qb
like all of "us" , u know what i mean.

Carinth
27-09-04, 16:52
wow, kk has some of the worst luck ever : (

I'm glad I setup my saturn chars on the 19th, for the test transfer. There's a few things I would have liked to change, but it's better then nothing.

KazuYa.
**original monk
and what about if i lvled a whole char from 0 to cap and full equiped him from 5th to 20th? full equiped means 4 slotted erp+judge+lib+sa+sf and same for my tank 4 slotted pob+herc+marine? what i should do?
oh w8 i know what to do just leave and stop to get stressed by a fucking not supported game

borlegan
I have capped one char and leveled a new one and dont know even on what status will my char be transfered... because when I log in I see a 5th Sept status, not one of a few days.

And... I wont cap and level again and loom again... THIS IS NOT SERIOUS.

Conclusion... NC1 = NC2

winnoc
27-09-04, 16:53
Voila.

Nice timing on the expiration of my old card.
My accounts are now canceled without me having to do shit for it :-)

Signed up on the other game allready.
So i'll just wait a few more days, and be one of the first to get into a whole new world.

If someone's interested in my accounts, let me know.
If i sell em i'm taking my gf out for dinner with the cash.

To all you guys i've played with. I'll be there waiting for you :-)

mishkin
27-09-04, 16:54
I think someone should inform kk that backups should be made EVERY DAY, instead of twice a month.... would considerably lower the amount of fuckups imo :rolleyes:

ino
27-09-04, 16:55
mmmmmm, suck, pust and stön.

I can't really do anything else than laugh at this messed up shit :).