PDA

View Full Version : Hero

Clownst0pper
27-09-04, 01:02
Ive just been and seen it.

And I have to say, it is without a doubt the best looking film I have ever, EVER seen.

I cannot express enough how beautifull this film it- Breath taking, stunning, gorgeous, emotional, perfect, delicate.

It is without a doubt, stunning.

Go and see it, be amazed, and be involved with the fantastically balanced, touching story.

Go Go Go !

HatchetRyda
27-09-04, 01:38
Ive just been and seen it.

And I have to say, it is without a doubt the best looking film I have ever, EVER seen.

I cannot express enough how beautifull this film it- Breath taking, stunning, gorgeous, emotional, perfect, delicate.

It is without a doubt, stunning.

Go and see it, be amazed, and be involved with the fantastically balanced, touching story.

Go Go Go !

No, due to Jet Li dose none of his own stunts. Jet Li = Pussy

Jackie Chan = :) God

Xadhoom
27-09-04, 01:41
it sux. well, not 100%, but 90% of that movie just suck. o_O

MkVenner
27-09-04, 01:48
hmm i thought it rocked lol, tho im a tarantino fanboi lol...

System
27-09-04, 03:19
I saw that shit like 2 days ago, I was disappointed, with the previews It looked sweet but the movie as a whole sucked ass and I hated the fact I had to read, Not a fan of reading movies, I rather watch it not look at words

Disturbed021
27-09-04, 03:43
Saw it opening weekend and was sadly disappointed.
I guess I misunderstood the trailers. I was expecting serious action not an artsy type film.
I give it a 6 out of 10.

kurai
27-09-04, 04:01
rofl

Yeah - it's definitely not your average brain dead chop-socky flick.

I saw the US trailer about a year after I saw the movie in Hong Kong and thought it was for an entirely different film :wtf:

It makes me giggle that the posters have to have Quentin Tarantino's name (he had absolutely zero involvement with the films creation) plastered across them to interest the American audience.

kurai
27-09-04, 04:02

Jackie Chan = :) GodJet Li = Real martial artist.
Jackie Chan = dancer.

*shrug*

tiikeri
27-09-04, 05:14
Jackie > Jet anytime :)

Tho i like couple things in Hero.. but Jackies movies are much more entertaining than Jet Lis. ++ Jackies movies has always the "funnythings" at the end.

amfest
27-09-04, 05:54
I saw Hero like 4-5 months after it was released in Asian . .umm april? 2003 I believe .. I enjoyed it very much and I also didn't expect alot of action. I knew it was going to be a visually colorful film with dancing style fighting.

the trailer I saw was a lq subbed one before it was released in theatres in Asian.

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/trailer.wmv

It's on my webspace if you want to see any differences in the trailer I saw and any that were displayed on tv recently ;)

Also I perfer jet li when he doesn't speak english -_-;;

I prefer jackie's older movies .. as he makes more and more hollywood US movies and is getting caught up with alot of special effects in the movies he's in I prefer him less and less >_<

rubaduckythug
27-09-04, 06:15
I havnt seen it yet but all i gotta say is atleast its not Tom Cruise plaing a samuri O_o

NS_CHROME54
27-09-04, 07:39
for those who don't know, Jackie Chan is a Hong Kong martial arts champion.

Weaponizer
27-09-04, 08:23
[ edited ]

Gohei
27-09-04, 08:33

Jackie Chan = :) God

Jackie is jusst a clown stuffed in a chineese guy... Jet is the real deal.. Tho Bruce would prolly pwn them both... at the same time...

Xylaz
27-09-04, 08:36
Yeah i saw this film like a year ago (europe) but its a really beautiful work of art.
Its a merge of a theatre and a movie, when the visual parts are the movie style yet converted into the theatrical conventions (the storyline is myth-based yet converted as well into the metaphysical, theatre style narration), though i'm guessing that there are still lots of semantic spaces there which are completely unrecognizeable for europeans, as it has lots to do with oriental theatre conceptions (which arent as simple as their philosophy :lol: ). But indeed, graphical special effects, colours and the overal expression (visual) is astounding.

I'm wondering what would be opinion of 'native' person (grown in eastern, asian culture) here - it might be too 'american' for them i'm guessing, just as with the Akira Kurosawa's films.

Anyways, pretty much intriguing movie. Not for idiots, though.

Clownst0pper
27-09-04, 09:31
sucked ass and I hated the fact I had to read, Not a fan of reading movies,

Oh dear, is that what the world is comming too, ahh the mtv generation.

Ull be asking what books are next :o

Spikadelia
27-09-04, 09:45
Have to say that while Yimou Zhang's film is undoubtably beautiful it failed to engage me as deeply as "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Strings". Even the presence of the heavenly Ziyi "Moon" Zhang couldn't draw me into a storyline that lacked the emotional intensity of the Ang lee masterpiece. Also although Jet Li is a gifted martial artist, he lacks any real depth as an actor, and Chow Yun Fat is far superior.

Certainly had some good moments, I particularly enjoyed the Zin army set pieces in the siege, the autumn leaves fight, and the rain drop duel.

Chewy Chinese eye candy indeed. "House of Flying Daggers" looks to be good as well. Did you see the trailers for that Clownst0pper? ;)

kurai
27-09-04, 11:11
for those who don't know, Jackie Chan is a Hong Kong martial arts champion.
No. He isn't.

Xadhoom
27-09-04, 11:15
No. He isn't.

Jet Li > Jackie Chan.

btw, kurai.. will I see this fucking annoying stealth sniper whore on the 4 slot international server again? :p

kurai
27-09-04, 11:18
Jet Li > Jackie Chan.

btw, kurai.. will I see this fucking annoying stealth sniper whore on the 4 slot international server again? :p
Bit unfair to compare them, really. They are coming from totally different ends of the spectrum and both are exceptional at what they do.

And no ... it's unlikely. :p

I find it hard to convey forcefully enough how much I loathe and detest the 4 slot server dynamic. :(

djskum
27-09-04, 11:22
Well "Hero" is the best film I've ever seen. Saw it about a year or so ago. My kungfu teacher used to have video night, it usually involves the lads all sitting around with a shaw brothers style movie on. Needless to say we never watched any of those films, spent most of our time laughing or throwing ideas and techniques (and sometimes eachother) round the room. When my Sifu put Hero on, the room was completely silent for 90mins. Unprecidented!

After that I got hold of a copy very quickly and tried to educate everyone I know in the ways of Hero! Needless to say that everyone loved it! Even the girls, who usually hate fu movies!

So I guess what must have happened was that QuentinT got a hold of a copy and decided that it was a fucking cracking film. But because the film was made, directed, distributed by the Chiniese in China it would have proved difficult to import to the West. So now he "presents" the film to us and everyone thinks he made it, lol, I think he might have been a little busy with Kill Bill at the time to have anything to do with it!

Anyway, it fucking rocks. And as for the Chan VS Lee debate... LOL, Chan and Lee > U. I think that covers it. Oh and Lee was 5 X world freestyle kungfu chanmpion 5 years running. So he's been known to fight a little too ;-)

DjSKum

Xadhoom
27-09-04, 11:25
Bit unfair to compare them, really. They are coming from totally different ends of the spectrum and both are exceptional at what they do.

And no ... it's unlikely. :p

I find it hard to convey forcefully enough how much I loathe and detest the 4 slot server dynamic. :(

pff, stop playing the pussy and accept the fact that there is no way but to join teh 4 slot int ownage .p cmon! I hope u dont want to go to the 1 slot ger o_O

Winged Monkey D
27-09-04, 11:28
Personally I though Hero was a beautiful film..... a classic

First post btw :)

and Bruce Leroy > Jackie Chan & Jet Li