PDA

View Full Version : FFXI - The Problem..

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 00:22
Well first of all, you who play, feel free to post servers and chars and stuff,
I'm going in tomorrow hopefully..

Second, the problem is that I can't find my bloody PO ID...
Anyone know how to retrieve it without having to call UK for $2/minute?

OpTi
27-09-04, 00:41
you lose your pol id your pretty much screwed. I've heard of people losing thier pol id and support unable to retrieve it for them, not to say they won't help you cuz i might've heard worng or things could've changed.

neway i'm on ifrit with 2 old NC2 players, tho i knew both of them along time.

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 00:44
you lose your pol id your pretty much screwed. I've heard of people losing thier pol id and support unable to retrieve it for them, not to say they won't help you cuz i might've heard worng or things could've changed.

neway i'm on ifrit with 2 old NC2 players, tho i knew both of them along time.
You gotta be shitting me..
I really, really, REALLY hope you are shitting me...
Please?

edit: You might know, if the id was autosaved for login, what file would it be saved in??

OpTi
27-09-04, 00:49
like i said this is just from what i've heard, not witnessed myself so i could be wrong, but i guard my POL ID at all costs. I wrote it in my manual and have it on my desk at all times just incase :/

When you email support you get an automated reply with some BS response, you then have to reply with the same subject as the email your recived and that will actualy get to a real support guy.

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 01:00
Please do me a big favor and search through your files for your login name,
if I know the name of the file, I will get it back..

Mattimeo
27-09-04, 01:12
You can retrieve you POL ID (I had to do it), but you must call them, they'll ask you verification questions and then you can get your POL ID, password, whatever else, but the will NOT give you your CD keys, and you have to have them to active any new or reactivate any old Content IDs.

I play(ed) on Fenrir Cailae 61 DRG Full AF.

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 01:16
I got all but POL ID annoyingly enough, and I really really REALLY don't want to pay that amount, neither can I talk to people by phone..
Could any of you just search through what file contains the saved data?

And also gimme an opinion about the game..

Mattimeo
27-09-04, 01:28
I got all but POL ID annoyingly enough, and I really really REALLY don't want to pay that amount, neither can I talk to people by phone..
Could any of you just search through what file contains the saved data?

And also gimme an opinion about the game..

After level ~40-45, if you don't have a static and alot of friends, just forget it. you wont get ANYWHERE. Be prepared to spend alot of time farming money for gear, sitting on your ass waiting for groups, being in slow to retarded groups, be talked down at from the japanese players (no matter what rank you manage to get) and see JP only alot. Endless waves of idiots, scammers, out and rude and ungrateful players...

I'd love the game, if I wasn't so harshly chained to so many selfish idiots.

A game to avoid if you don't like level grinding, being forced to group after level ~10-15 and farming for money hour after hour. But it also has a very engaging story and much more immersive than anything else in the genre. The classes (after CoP) are for the most part blanaced and fun (this coming from a dragoon, one of the most broken) along with the job system means you're less tied down to just one and the Skillchain/magic burst system makes combat intresting (when your theif isn't a complete retard and misses the distortion chain).

My opinion is the game as most people that have left the game, great game untill you spend a week waiting with your seek party flag up and nothing happens.

Prankster26193
27-09-04, 02:19
Im in anarchy online now, problem is im getting an error trying to cancel my account!

(I hate to leave this game, it had so much potential, but after 2 years without much added or.....well anything done, I decided its time to move on :( )

Lexxuk
27-09-04, 02:36
Im in anarchy online now, problem is im getting an error trying to cancel my account!

(I hate to leave this game, it had so much potential, but after 2 years without much added or.....well anything done, I decided its time to move on :( )

AO is kewl, considerin gettin the Alien Invasion expansion and reactivatin my account, got a 140 engi on RK2

Clive tombstone
27-09-04, 02:39
I cancled my account just a while ago (I have a few more days left on it)
and I had a Hume white mage, lv 10 on Odin, Ill tell yah, its fun, but like he said, you almost always need a group to lv.

PS- CoH rocks^^

Prankster26193
27-09-04, 02:40
Clive NC or AO?

And I only joined AO because im a something awful goon, joined up on gooncorp :lol:

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 11:22
In my personal opinion AO has gone to hell..
It's all about "Do this and this there and there until lvl 25, tweak, keep going to 50, tweak imps to +75, lvl to 100 and tweak to +150"
I hate tweaking!

Anyways, it looks like I gotta call them damn bastardsa anyways..
And when it comes to groups, I'll just look Lorcin up and force him to take me along, if he still plays...

Anyone got contact with him still?

Radamez
27-09-04, 11:48
After level ~40-45, if you don't have a static and alot of friends, just forget it. you wont get ANYWHERE. Be prepared to spend alot of time farming money for gear, sitting on your ass waiting for groups, being in slow to retarded groups, be talked down at from the japanese players (no matter what rank you manage to get) and see JP only alot. Endless waves of idiots, scammers, out and rude and ungrateful players...

I'd love the game, if I wasn't so harshly chained to so many selfish idiots.

A game to avoid if you don't like level grinding, being forced to group after level ~10-15 and farming for money hour after hour. But it also has a very engaging story and much more immersive than anything else in the genre. The classes (after CoP) are for the most part blanaced and fun (this coming from a dragoon, one of the most broken) along with the job system means you're less tied down to just one and the Skillchain/magic burst system makes combat intresting (when your theif isn't a complete retard and misses the distortion chain).

My opinion is the game as most people that have left the game, great game untill you spend a week waiting with your seek party flag up and nothing happens.

My feelings exactly.. although it's a very nice looking game :)

Got it on US import way back last year. Got to 26 Samurai / 30 Warrior IIRC, before the grind drove me away. If there was PvP to work towards it'd be a different story.. sadly there isn't (well.. maybe some consensual duel-only crap - wasn't implemented when I played).

If you like all that jazz, I recommend it highly .. prolly the best grind game out there.

:Edit: I did hear something about "once you cancel you have to buy a new copy" .. still have the game, never bothered to try and reactivate though, so I couldn't confirm that.

Richard Slade
27-09-04, 11:50
Just like every other game on the MMO market,
also like every other FF game on the market ;)

Bet you $50 that if you pyut some love and RP into it, it's ze bümb

athon
27-09-04, 18:43
Oops. Ignore me.

Athon Solo