PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED - Keep It Here, Please] Saturn

Wraith Guard
26-09-04, 14:05
Anyone any idea how long saturn will be down?

sultana
26-09-04, 14:07
edit: bleh sorry, didn't know :(

sultana
26-09-04, 14:09
argh, hit the quote button, delete this

ridec
26-09-04, 14:18
Uhmm. Neocron is up, but of course Saturn is down :mad: , does anyone know anything ?? Get it online! :P

Vithar
26-09-04, 14:35
Merged "Saturn Down" threads.

V

Shinto
26-09-04, 14:38
lame all i wanna do is get therest of my CA symp, come on KK get meh server back up :mad:

Sigma
26-09-04, 14:57
Guess I'll have to pay Uranus a visit again then.

:angel:

Clownst0pper
26-09-04, 15:13
Why is saturn always last? :confused: 8|

Sigma
26-09-04, 15:16
Why is saturn always last? :confused: 8|

Maybe they are trieing to figure out how to deactivate Trade on Saturn. :lol:

jerrymaguire
26-09-04, 15:39
:rolleyes: SATURN IS FRIED [ edited ]

Wolf
26-09-04, 15:42
Saturn got owned again? :eek: lucky im on pluto :lol:

Clownst0pper
26-09-04, 16:13
Maybe they are trieing to figure out how to deactivate Trade on Saturn. :lol:

Best thing about saturn is the bitching, keeps competative pvp on its toes!

Gohei
26-09-04, 16:21
This sucks >_<

Tostino
26-09-04, 16:30
Yea all i wanted to do is get some guys on saturn sorta high lvl so i am not fucked when i go to the int 4 slot server :(

Ryman
26-09-04, 16:37
it seems rather odd that saturn is not running yet ... and i dont suppose they will give saturn players extra time to get ready either .

jerrymaguire
26-09-04, 16:42
:mad: All I would like to do, is get my chars slots sorted, then they can do whatever the hell they like with saturn, cause like other ppl, I only got a limited amount of playing time, and with me moving house soon, I don't have long,

:mad: SO DO SUMTHIN KK, stop wasting OUR PAID time.

Wraith Guard
26-09-04, 16:46
yeh....ive only got today to get all my characters sorted so if saturn is still down at the end of today - I lose all my stuff. Yeh great fun, love it!!! :mad:

evs
26-09-04, 16:49
[ edited ]

Clownst0pper
26-09-04, 16:50
[ edited ]
Ignore button is ur friend ;)

Jock Rockwell
26-09-04, 16:51
Think you will find when Pluto players realise there is only 10 people playing or there server is down they come to saturn and do the same.

jerrymaguire
26-09-04, 16:53
Think you will find when Pluto players realise there is only 10 people playing or there server is down they come to saturn and do the same.

:lol: Ignor button is everyones friend

evs
26-09-04, 17:04

amazing how people seem to have hallucinations as well isnt it? :rolleyes:

Jock Rockwell
26-09-04, 17:06
Tell me what part of it is a hallucination?

If you think that Pluto players don't come onto Saturn and do that then your being extremely naive.

Gohei
26-09-04, 17:11
[ edited ]
Why didn't i think of that....

evs
26-09-04, 17:18
Tell me what part of it is a hallucination?

If you think that Pluto players don't come onto Saturn and do that then your being extremely naive.

As you put it all of the "only 10 people"

My you must have very good senses to work out which 10.

I certainly don't do it, so it must be the entire other 9 eh?

Wraith Guard
26-09-04, 17:32
any GM's know if saturn will be up within the next 8 hrs?

Jock Rockwell
26-09-04, 17:38
As you put it all of the "only 10 people"

My you must have very good senses to work out which 10.

I certainly don't do it, so it must be the entire other 9 eh?

Sorry, I have been told not to post sarcastic comments on the net because people can't tell the difference :rolleyes:

Get back to the point, pluto's active population wasn't the issue, you made a comment about Saturn players coming to Pluto and spamming trade, and they you generalised the entire community for it. I pointed out the fact that Pluto have in the past done exactley the same thing. Would I then have the right to say that the Pluto players are now as you put it ''cs kiddies'' ?

JustIn_Case
26-09-04, 18:32
So when is there backup going to take place? Night between monday/tuesday or when?

I hope Saturn will get an extra day, or two days even since i smell an rollback...

boombang
26-09-04, 18:46
hours of getting one of my chars over to crahn, and still waiting to get another over - if its a rollback I am donald ducked.
It must be VERY hard to get over to anti-city in NC2?

Plus any chance of a proportion of the monthly subscription back for the downtime?

rubaduckythug
26-09-04, 18:57
I gotta head to work soon here so im not gonna have time during the day to sort my chars out cause most of them are on saturn. "the servers are down giving you more time to get your chars rdy for nc2" how can i sort my gd chars if the servers are down and now saturn is still down O_o ? when i get home from work there better be time 4 me to sort my chars and plz no spam about you had months ect... i have 3 freakin accounts so its hard to manage all those in a deadline when ya got a full time job :p

evs
26-09-04, 19:10
As per my original point, saturn is labelled.
People come over to pluto and fit that label correctly.

That is my point.

What your opinion is - I couldnt really give a shit.

trigger hurt
26-09-04, 19:10
[ edited ]Thanks for the broad generalization, [ edited ].

I've been playing on pluto off and on for about 6 months. The people on that server are no different from the people on saturn. The only difference is, there are more of them on saturn.

Man, how funny is it going to be when [ edited ] from pluto come to the 4 slot international and tell people not to spam trade.

Barcode, anyone?

Jock Rockwell
26-09-04, 19:13

The fact you questioned my opinion makes that statement false, but nice try.
:lol:

HoneyMonster
26-09-04, 19:17
As per my original point, saturn is labelled.
People come over to pluto and fit that label correctly.

That is my point.

That sounds like a very opinionated statement :D.

Seven
26-09-04, 19:30
http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=2&announcementid=208

Sakletare
New announcement, time to go to bed again.

EDIT: Now would be a good time to storm the Reakktor fortress and switch Saturn over to run on the Uranus servers.

Morganth
Man, how funny is it going to be when you stuck up shits from pluto come to the 4 slot international and tell people not to spam trade.

Barcode, anyone?

You don't know spam till you have been Barcode'd on Saturn :lol:

Crest
26-09-04, 19:31
18H30 Sunday night and nothing on Saturn ... Yet, I have tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night to prepare.

Since Nothing happenning tonight and no idea of time, We can write tonight off
I work so We write tomorrow off

Leaving tomorrow night ot preapre , instead of Thurdays - Sunday .... Some one taking the piss here ???????

Other servers have 4 times longer to prepare, hell even pluto with all 9 players on has 4 time longer ... What is going on ... Why did you take the hardware from Saturn servers for the logon servers ...ME don't understand

Yet there is so much preasure on KK, so they have to go live, yet we are the ones getting screwed, and since saturn has been there the longest , got the most stuff to sort out....

Man this is such a bad reflection on how things are done....

ridec
26-09-04, 19:31
Great, then you just lost like 2-3 days where you could level, build get ready to NC2, nice

Shinto
26-09-04, 19:32
New announcement, time to go to bed again.
this is absolute bullshit FFS KK, id better be given enough time to get my CA symp tomorrow when i get home from work.

ZyproN
26-09-04, 19:34
Now i am realy pissed :mad:

Took OFF From work whole this weekenden to get ready for NC2 and tomorrow I fucking have to work, that meens that when i come home i got like 4 hours to sort everything out and fix faction symp. :mad:

JustIn_Case
26-09-04, 19:35
Oooh, great, now they "expect" that Saturn will be upp tomorrow (read monday)...Well well, flaming them on the forums wont help much so ill bite my lip instead (ouch). Time to move the event again then...To bad im away on an business trip monday+tuesday, hope we get atleast to wednesday midnight for the preparations.

mdares
26-09-04, 19:44
Barcode, anyone?

o ya i remember those wonderful days of spammin like mad in medi... or anywhere else for that matter... running into a zone and seeing barcode was a scary thing...

sex trigger n00b

:D

Shinto
26-09-04, 19:49
[ edited ]

mdares
26-09-04, 19:53
[ edited ]
o i'm up for some of that... ^_^

Wraith Guard
26-09-04, 20:11
YES! this is amazing im gonna lose all my rare weapons and several mc5 chips. fuking lovin' it!! :mad:

trigger hurt
26-09-04, 20:23
We'll get MayhemMike and Zoneseek and KimmyG and w33man and all those other people everyone hates for a little fun, eh.

Ravin
26-09-04, 21:40
goddammit, i came back from uni this weekend specifically to get my chars from combat mode to doymove mode. i can't log into the game over the week b/c the fucking internet at uni is fucked, and i've got too much school shit to do to drive for hours home and back tomorrow just to put stuff into my char's qbs. any chance they could hold off the saturn migration till next weekend? otherwise i fucking lose everything. goddammit.

i love how they package all the saturn worry posts into one little manageable thread that's easy for everyone to ignore. how many normal people will read this far into this thread, much less a dev? why do i even bother..

mishkin
26-09-04, 21:48
any chance they could hold off the saturn migration till next weekend?

Hmm, sounds like an idea... except... some people might have something else to do the NEXT weekend, and you've known, for about a month now, that the transfer was going to happen this week. You can all blame yourselves for not setting your chars up beforehand, life isn't fair, and shit happens, learn to live with it. :o

YES! this is amazing im gonna lose all my rare weapons and several mc5 chips. fuking lovin' it!!

Oh, and what made you think you'd lose anything at all? That kinda depends on what part of the server has gone borked yaknow... :rolleyes:

Morganth
26-09-04, 22:12
Hmm, sounds like an idea... except... some people might have something else to do the NEXT weekend, and you've known, for about a month now, that the transfer was going to happen this week. You can all blame yourselves for not setting your chars up beforehand, life isn't fair, and shit happens, learn to live with it. :o

Wrong, we knew the transfer was going to happen midnight of the 26th. We were waiting for the 24th/25th to get our characters ready but seeing as the servers were/are down we can't set our characters up on the chosen date which is convienient to us. You'd be bitching if you wouldn't be able to sort your stuff out so why not stfu?

Oh, and what made you think you'd lose anything at all? That kinda depends on what part of the server has gone borked yaknow... :rolleyes:

Well, if you don't put items you want into implant/armour/QB slots then you will lose them regardless if the DB gets borked or not as they will transfer before you have a chance to get sorted.

HoneyMonster
26-09-04, 22:16
[ edited ]

Ok by that very impressive statement i can assume 3 things.

1. you think that the whole of saturn is American O.o "this offends me"
2. You think that the American community on Saturn is being unfairly victimised ? explain
3. [ edited ]

Ravin
26-09-04, 22:17
and you've known, for about a month now, that the transfer was going to happen this week.

yeah, i did know, which is why i drove 100+ miles to set my chars up. i did NOT know the server would be down the -entire weekend-. it's easy to shoot down people's posts and be the ever-wise badass when you yourself aren't affected by server problems.

You can all blame yourselves for not setting your chars up beforehand, life isn't fair, and shit happens, learn to live with it. :o

i knew this line was coming the second i started reading your post. yeah, yeah, life isnt fair, blah blah. i'm gonna save that quote for when something pisses you off, and then when you come to the forums to post your opinion, i'm gonna remind you that 'life isn't fair', because for some reason, even after living for 20+ years, you still havent figured it out and need some asshole on the internet to remind you.

-john

Morganth
26-09-04, 22:18
Ok by that very impressive statement i can assume 2 things.

1. you think that the whole is saturn is American O.o "this offends me"
2. You think that the American community on Saturn is being unfairly victimised ? explain
3. [ edited ]
I agree. The majority of the Saturn community is European, not American.

LiL T
26-09-04, 22:25
Some of you people are really dumb :rolleyes: How did I manage to play and pvp in NC1 while having my chars setup for transfer?

Simple I took the items out of my quick belt and put them into the gogo then put them back into my quickbelt befor log off. Had plenty of time to get this done tbh KK can't help it if the servers are fucking broken :rolleyes:

Ravin
26-09-04, 22:26
1. you think that the whole is saturn is American O.o "this offends me"

I agree. The majority of the Saturn community is European, not American.

still, you cannot deny the fact that saturn does seem to get gypped sometimes in terms of problems, rollbacks and downtime. it doesn't matter who plays there. do you people not care about a server as long as you don't play on it? i mainly play on pluto and saturn, but i'd still support the uranus, venus and jupiter ppl if they kept getting problems. of course, as just a poster on the forums you can't really do much, but i still wouldn't bitch at them when they brought the topic up.

Some of you people are really dumb

lol, great way to start your post. makes ppl really want to read further. some of you people are really dumb too.

edit: it WAS gypped 8-)

LexiconAlpha
26-09-04, 22:31
gipped...

lol :p

Ravin
26-09-04, 22:34
lol :p

lol ack, its gypped isnt it? my bad :D

HoneyMonster
26-09-04, 22:39
still, you cannot deny the fact that saturn does seem to get gipped sometimes in terms of problems, rollbacks and downtime. it doesn't matter who plays there. do you people not care about a server as long as you don't play on it? i mainly play on pluto and saturn, but i'd still support the uranus, venus and jupiter ppl if they kept getting problems. of course, as just a poster on the forums you can't really do much, but i still wouldn't bitch at them when they brought the topic up.

I was not bitching at him for poking at Saturns Glaring problems and nor was morganth if you read the posts properly..... :angel:.

He stated that all the players on Saturn were American thats where we had a difference of opinions, I suggest u read it out loud next time or something before you babel on :eek:.

LexiconAlpha
26-09-04, 22:39
Some of you people are really dumb :rolleyes: How did I manage to play and pvp in NC1 while having my chars setup for transfer?

Simple I took the items out of my quick belt and put them into the gogo then put them back into my quickbelt befor log off. Had plenty of time to get this done tbh KK can't help it if the servers are fucking broken :rolleyes:

Simple, maybe, but thats hardly the point ..we shouldnt have to play like that when we pay them for the service..hell i dont keep a train ticket in my pocket every day just in case my car breaks down! I keep my car in check :D

LexiconAlpha
26-09-04, 22:42
gypped ...

lol.... are you meaning gimped? :D wouldnt normally quote this but since the server when down i aint got shit to do but perch on teh forum fence :D....and yes i agree, we are gimped :)

Bl$st3r
26-09-04, 22:49
ok, seriously if you arent about to lose some good stuff on saturn then STFU. We are the ones who are going to lose our stuff but thankfully KK is going to add time for us. I don't want to hear "oh poor saturn" your damn right and STFU!

DONT EVEN POST HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE A SATURN CHARACTER [ edited ]

Ravin
26-09-04, 22:50
I was not bitching at him for poking at Saturns Glaring problems and nor was morganth if you read the posts properly..... :angel:.

He stated that all the players on Saturn were American thats where we had a difference of opinions, I suggest u read it out loud next time or something before you babel on :eek:.

I wasn’t commenting on the point about who plays there, I was just saying it doesn’t matter and you shouldn’t pay attention to someone who has no idea what they’re talking about. Nevertheless, Saturn does get fucked sometimes, which was the point of my post. etc.

edit: Actually, now that I think of it, I probably shouldn’t have quoted your post, but just because I quote you doesn’t mean im arguing against you m8, i was just using your quote as an example of someone talking about player nationality, which i was commenting didnt matter. nothing against you personally man :)

lol.... are you meaning gimped? :D wouldnt normally quote this but since the server when down i aint got shit to do but perch on teh forum fence :D....and yes i agree, we are gimped :)

lol no, it means 'cheated', pronounced 'jipped'. d'oh, might be a north-american-only word or something :)

HoneyMonster
26-09-04, 22:56
I wasn’t commenting on the point about who plays there, I was just saying it doesn’t matter and you shouldn’t pay attention to someone who has no idea what they’re talking about. Nevertheless, Saturn does get fucked sometimes, which was the point of my post. etc.

edit: Actually, now that I think of it, I probably shouldn’t have quoted your post, but just because I quote you doesn’t mean im arguing against you m8, i was just using your quote as an example of someone talking about player nationality, which i was commenting didnt matter. nothing against you personally man :)

Sniff i take it all back m8 :).
Group hug "all except vithar invited" j/k :angel:.

Remember a mod is not just for Christmas :D.

LexiconAlpha
26-09-04, 22:57
lol no, it means 'cheated', pronounced 'jipped'. d'oh, might be a north-american-only word or something :)

It is clear now, soz :)

But to be honest, i'd go with either gimped or 'jipped'.

Film- Pulp fiction
Scene- Zed having 'fun' with Marcellus wallace.

"Hey, bring out Saturn"
"Er, boss. Saturns crashed"
"Well reboot it then bring it on in here"

HoneyMonster
26-09-04, 23:04
It is clear now, soz :)

But to be honest, i'd go with either gimped or 'jipped'.

Film- Pulp fiction
Scene- Zed having 'fun' with Marcellus wallace.

"Hey, bring out Saturn"
"Er, boss. Saturns crashed"
"Well reboot it then bring it on in here"

LOL :lol:.
You know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in Hannover ? :D.

LexiconAlpha
26-09-04, 23:10
[ edited ]

Thought i'd quote you incase another of your post were removed again..i know we wont see the text but the 'mulder and scully' in me needs to have some evidence for my self before the aliens take it away again.

Oh yeah ..and to keep on topic before i get 'inconsidencied..' myself....Saturn, Saturn, Saturn...etc :p

rubaduckythug
26-09-04, 23:47
On my lunch break glad to here ill have extra time to sort my saturn chars out, good to know your being fair kk take ya time :p

LexiconAlpha
26-09-04, 23:54
Thanks Mr Mod and [edited] <<save you the time :P for confirming that aliens do indeed exist after all! Those who saw the post from [edited] can die happy. :D

Asurmen Spec Op
27-09-04, 00:49
what time is it in germany?

Shinto
27-09-04, 00:52
what time is it in germany?
right now its 00.52 in germany

Asurmen Spec Op
27-09-04, 02:26
is sat up yet?

Bl$st3r
27-09-04, 02:56
no at 9:44 pm est time

Asurmen Spec Op
27-09-04, 04:09
im worried

Dan Szeen
27-09-04, 04:32
hmmmm neocron isnt loading again... perhaps they are putting it on right now?

Dan Szeen
27-09-04, 04:34
hmmm scratch that.... its back on and no saturn yet.

Asurmen Spec Op
27-09-04, 04:36
the longer it takes the more that means something bad is hapining :(
KK please say some PPPLLLLLEEEASE

Asurmen Spec Op
27-09-04, 05:14
kk can we get an update pplease?

pretty please?
pretty pretty pretty please with a box of cofee on top?

Asurmen Spec Op
27-09-04, 06:10
please KK have it up before I wake up I will give you kisses ;)

tiikeri
27-09-04, 06:13
l0l... three in row :) You must be getting really anxious.. it's 6am in Germany right now.. so they're just waking up atm.. so prolly getting on it in few hours.

I hope they just steal Plutos hamster..

Vithar
27-09-04, 06:33
Asurmen, we know that you are desperately wanting to get back onto Saturn, but please do not feel the need to post more than once in a row to get your point across.

To everyone:

KK is working hard to fix the problems with Saturn and it will be back online as soon as possible.

Keep an eye on the Announcements thread and the Announcements at the top of the screen.

Thank you.

V

sira
27-09-04, 06:47
any chances to get another weekend to get our chars rdy for BDoY?

*keeping an eye from work*

djskum
27-09-04, 11:36
Saturn still down? Jeez! Hopefully I'll have time to get my chars sorted after all!!!

DjSKum

boombang
27-09-04, 12:05
I guess I will see you all on the other side with my tank, who will own a POB, some stamina boosters, some tl3 spells.

Or maybe you can totally own my Crahn (read Crahn as PP if rollback occurs) hybrid, set up for levelling, with replaceable heals instead of 5 slotted spells which will banish into thin air.

Perhaps even you will see my medium level spy, who has every weapon to cap her in the gogu which will again be totally destroyed.

What I am trying to get at - I am now off to uni lectures, then when they finish I am off out to work, till around 1am...

so if you see me in BDOY (read BAFJ), please be nice

winnoc
27-09-04, 12:16
Saturn has been the worst treated server ever.
Most shutdowns, most rollbacks, most lag etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had to do a rollback on saturn a few hours before the servers go offline :-)

Looks to me like somebody has been throwing a wrench in KK's transfering to NC2.

Sorin
27-09-04, 13:11
I remember when it was Uranus having all these problems all the time, a loooong time ago. Wish it would go back. :(

rubaduckythug
27-09-04, 16:47
Crap got 2 choices ffs, gd it i knew in the back of my mind this was gonna happen. well i did the only thing i could do and vote for a rollback :( saturn always gets the brunt of everything bad :(

Bl$st3r
27-09-04, 23:35
im quitting, the 2 choices are both the same for me, i have NOTHING now with both choices so although I loved this game I cannot continue after losing it all