PDA

View Full Version : American Server

BaDDaSS
26-09-04, 03:45
So far we have a German Server, a French server and a "International" server.

Instead of International we should split it into European and American.

I know a lot of people will moan "dont split the community up, or nonono player count will fall" but don't forget NC2 is about to be released... NC2 might have thousands of players :|

Americans are one of the causes for us Europeans lagging out while playing the European server. All the transoceanic activity can't be good tbh.

Weaponizer
26-09-04, 03:51
I would like a single Neocron server. ..
Just one single Server with every nation on it. Like the one we have in beta now...

kthxbye.. tbh.. imo.. lol.. onoz..

cornelius5
26-09-04, 04:29
i dont care what you call a server (international, german, mongolian)...

but it would be damn nice to the have servers geographicly located at different places on the globe . i.e. server in S.F or N.Y.

would make for more enjoyable play for us yanks.

System
26-09-04, 04:44
ROLF at cornelius5's sig LMFAO you should of made her head move as well :-p

I would rather have one big ass server if they would fix the lag and bugs

Falen
26-09-04, 04:50
that sig kicks ass =P

they said they will sort out more servers as time goes on.... if they get enough people for an american server im sure they will put one up same with the asian one...

BaDDaSS
26-09-04, 04:57
All these people around the boards saying they would like only one server is all well and good, but totally unpracticle, and obviously they have no technical experience.

I can see why you would want only one NC1 server, but im hoping NC2 will have more players tbh, and one server would not be needed then.

Lag is mainly caused from 2 things, hardware and latencey.
They are currently fixing the hardware, supposedly.
So I am just suggesting an idea to fix the latency.

German
French
British
American

^ Those are the servers that are needed,
And the servers need to actually be hosted IN that country, to solve the lag :)

Would be very nice if this could be done tbh.

cornelius5
26-09-04, 05:19
i agree one server sounds great, but i get a 200 ping , so even if they upgrade hardware and routing , im still halfway around the globe from the servers.
and this game has no observable lag compensation in the netcode, so until it does or there is a server in a different location, my pvp will be reduced to "excuse me, what country do u live?, and your ping?.."

and my original sig was x-rated, but i thought pimp-slapping and an armored robotic phallus were kinda tasteless.. even for these forums.

Philchow
26-09-04, 07:19
German
French
British
American

Then, french speakers living in Canada will ask for a located server?

However, I acknowledge that Americans are a little bit more... :D

BroHam
26-09-04, 07:22
Then, french speakers living in Canada will ask for a located server?

canadians are like 2feet aboot away from america so whats the point ? for example someone mentioned coastal servers which would prolly cover [ edited ] canada as it is part of north america. Maybe a north american server?

Philchow
26-09-04, 07:24
canadians are like 2feet aboot away from america so whats the point ? for example someone mentioned coastal servers which would prolly cover [ edited ] canada as it is part of north america. Maybe a north american server?

Sure, but THOSE who speak french in Canada prefer playing on the french server (based in Europe currently).

BroHam
26-09-04, 07:38
shit thats still better then US people playing on a german based servers as it is now, no?

Philchow
26-09-04, 07:53
shit thats still better then US people playing on a german based servers as it is now, no?

It's the same case.

Americans want to play on North America based servers.
Canadian (who want to play in french) want to play on North America based servers.

However, if this happen, this would be for english players because they're much more than Canadian who speak french.

PS: sorry for my bad english... :D

EDIT: BTW, I live in Europe and... I'm lagging out like you, like all! :lol:

Weaponizer
26-09-04, 08:06
My average ping is 450 ... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mobius
26-09-04, 08:31
One domain, global cluster. Possible?

notneo
26-09-04, 09:59
given the amount of people actually playing nc i think any more than the current amount of servers would be a waste of money.

i think the current server set up for nc2 is the best comprimise

Xiphias
26-09-04, 10:01
Americans want isolation yet again.. :o

SyncError
26-09-04, 10:53
Why don't we just initiate a pre-emptive strike on Jupiter and make it the US server?

Felissa
26-09-04, 11:07
Because:

We don't know the server names yes
As far as I know there are planed to be 2 german servers
It didn't work in the past (not with Venus, not with Pluto, not with Jupiter... I heard of plans for all off these servers)
In case of emergency, KK will find a way to intervene

;)

Morganth
26-09-04, 11:33
I think the international server should be hosted in the UK as it would reduce the pings for US players, UK players and encourage people who live in other parts of Europe to stay on a server which is relative to their language. However if they wanted to play on a server where the majority of people speak English then they can pay the price of getting a little more lag than anyone else.

Zheo
26-09-04, 11:44
My average ping is 450 ... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That sux mines around 90 or less ususally and i live in the UK!!!

naimex
26-09-04, 11:45
I would like a single Neocron server. ..
Just one single Server with every nation on it. Like the one we have in beta now...

Seconded..

Average ping for me is 68.... live in DK

Morganth
26-09-04, 11:46

I get 90ish here in the UK. At least if the international server was hosted in the UK it would encourage more English players to play, and also help American players out as it should reduce their pings significantly.

BaDDaSS
26-09-04, 15:25
Philchow you're hitting the wrong bone tbh.

This thread is about localization of servers for the latency issue.
This has nothing to do with ones prefered language.

If an American server was available, but someone preffered speaking French,then of course they could use the French server?
Obviously it'd be more laggy, but thats their choice to make.

But tbh, we really do need an American and British seperate server.
Hosted in the respective countries.
The lag is terrible.