PDA

View Full Version : [THREADS MERGED] KK - poor service and decision making?

Babai
26-09-04, 01:50
I think the right way for KK would be to extend the time to sort out chars for a week. Originally, the day of servers shutdown was planned for the night from Sunday to Monday and as I have a job, I planned to sort my chars accordingly. My plan was to sort chars on Friday-Saturday (my weekends), as I my working schedule is pretty tight during the week. Not being able to connect to the game for 2 days on a weekend in such a crutial time as now ruins any chance to complete the transfer for me as desired. I cant change my real life plans because of KK inability to stick to the schedule they had announced. Giving extra day on Monday-Tuesday doesnt help me as its a working day for me and I am going to be away from the computer.

Lexxuk
26-09-04, 01:55
[ edited ]

NeoChick
26-09-04, 01:59
Actually same here, was going to do it today at least (Sunday here) but now have to do it on Tuesday morning my time, i.e. a working day, and that won't work.
All depending how long it will still take them to do whatever they are doing.

I don't understand what they are actually doing for THIS LONG! If it takes this long to just prepare the char transfer from NC1 to NC2 then I am not surprised that it took them two years to make the cut and paste job for DOY

and the PSI female faces in DOY have just gone from bad to worse, yuk, I am not sure I want to play any of those ugly DOY PSI chars. And anyway, how come are all PSI chars Asian looking, is that already in preparation of Tokyo expansion, so they can cut and paste those too?

MkVenner
26-09-04, 03:09
i did mine ages ago, tho i feel for the people who left it to the last minute, must be REALY annoying...

Babai
26-09-04, 03:12
Its not last minute, its 2 days. I play NC prolly 2-3 times a week, mostly on weekends.

MkVenner
26-09-04, 03:16
i play NC like 2-3 times a month these days....

how long ago did they tell us when the move was? i forget...

hudsonbeck
26-09-04, 05:35
Its not last minute, its 2 days. I play NC prolly 2-3 times a week, mostly on weekends.
Exactly... when you play every day, you cant get all ur characters set up or you can not continue to play daily. I have been preparing for a couple weeks now, several hours per day and i was/am still not done.

I hope its up in the morning,
H

BroHam
26-09-04, 06:02
So do we get yet another day to transfer our lootsor what? this is the most pathetic thing ive ever seen in my gaming life. now that im almost 99% sure that theres going to be a rollback im just hoping ill get a few days compensations for lossing everything i just built.

jini
26-09-04, 06:14

some months b4. but, do you remember when was the last day as well? of course I was almost certain something like this was gonna happen and I planned to be prepared for AT least 2-3 days before. Its not nice however, and you cant blame ppl for being unprepared

Crest
26-09-04, 06:22

4 accoutnts to prepeare, and done 3 of them, just my main account, which I use on 2 servers constabtly, 1 server complete but stuff not in quicl belt still in gogo, other server sitting with 30+ mc5 parts in cabs ... and 5 healing lights to make.

KK Well donr, 3 days of possible trading gone, WTF have u been doing, In the real world where we depend on our network for day to day operations, this kind of down time would have costed in excess of £5million, excluding the weekend. Some how I dont think the paying customer was at the center of your decisions.

BroHam
26-09-04, 06:24
some months b4. but, do you remember when was the last day as well? of course I was almost certain something like this was gonna happen and I planned to be prepared for AT least 2-3 days before. Its not nice however, and you cant blame ppl for being unprepared

so basiclly we should always expect the worse ? I mean we do pay for these services right, dont most Service providers provide compensation for there fuck ups? I mean this is a Buisness right I guess satisfaction is definatly not a garuante. I wonder if all German companies are like this, Maybe they should realease another statement it has been 24 hours maybe its too much work to pay some guy who can speak 3 differnt languares to type up a "going to be a lil bit longer guys were making good progress and dont worry there wont be a rollback" update. maybe im just an asshole, but I dont really see any good in just ignoring your life blood (money aka Costumers).

jini
26-09-04, 06:53
so basiclly we should always expect the worse ? I mean we do pay for these services right, dont most Service providers provide compensation for there fuck ups? I mean this is a Buisness right I guess satisfaction is definatly not a garuante. I wonder if all German companies are like this, Maybe they should realease another statement it has been 24 hours maybe its too much work to pay some guy who can speak 3 differnt languares to type up a "going to be a lil bit longer guys were making good progress and dont worry there wont be a rollback" update. maybe im just an asshole, but I dont really see any good in just ignoring your life blood (money aka Costumers).
IT's hard to imagine that we will not get some sort of compensation for this. The most logical step would be to have still a couple days left to allow us for a proper transfer. I have learned two things here:
1. NEVER postpone what you can do now, for later (this is also a golden rule for life)
2. KK's compensations are ALWAYS inferior to the event that caused them, meaning that you might be able to make yr trasnfer right, but you will not be able to trade for them as an example. or do something else, whatever you had in mind
To be fair though I also believe that those last days are hard for any company to keep up with schedules, which is why I was expecting something to happen.

BroHam
26-09-04, 07:19
maybe they should try spending a few more hours a day at there shanty town offices doing work? Just an idea in Us people are working ther ass 24/7 till the MAJOR PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED. Or at the very least update there playerbase with info !

Mobius
26-09-04, 07:34
I think KK should postpone the final transfer/retail release for another week. To give the weekenders another weekend and nc2 another week of fixings.

Xiphias
26-09-04, 09:53
you shall be so lucky.

Spy XX
26-09-04, 10:06
thats what happens when you wait till the last minute to sort your stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

notneo
26-09-04, 10:09
erm been set up for a month now

BroHam
26-09-04, 10:12
sucks im active player and play daily, and the parts I needed that I was STANDING in p2 rontrade spamming for all month didnt show up till the last day.

I guess im lame for all the players that havnt played in months logged on to despertly to trade and complete their rares that day. Prehapes some of you!

GosuSmurf
26-09-04, 10:35
serieus if i loose all my stuff.. ill drive to germany myself to get it back :(

MrChumble
26-09-04, 10:38
Why would there be a rollback?

BroHam
26-09-04, 10:47
Why would there be a rollback?
We will see wont we
:rolleyes:

Xiphias
26-09-04, 10:58
ermm.. aint it nearer to 60 hours now? ;)

I need to put a few things into quick belts as i went on a PK spree just before the login fucked :rolleyes:

Ryman
26-09-04, 11:10
i cant see why there would be a roll back ..... but it will be interesting to see at what point the server database was saved ,

as i see it they are saying that the servers required maintanance , and it was better for them to do the server hardwhere upgrade instead .

as they originaly planned 3 days to upgrade then load the NC2 , i guess they would be looking at 3 days here . My guess is that they will have the server up this evening .

j0rz
26-09-04, 11:28
If they lose my stuff ill drive to germany and shoot them all and there wont be a nc2
:mad: :wtf:

Shinto
26-09-04, 11:29
wonder if KK would be kind enough to changemy faction to City Admin since i was in the middle of doing that when the server went :mad:

lol think that will get edited J0rz ;)

Houston
26-09-04, 11:33
<3 Jorz

Morganth
26-09-04, 11:35
I really hope they bring the servers back up soon, as I have 3 accounts to sort out and it really would take the piss if I couldn't transfer the stuff I needed over.

winnoc
26-09-04, 12:05
Hehehe, i wonder how the physical state of the employees at KK is now.
Thye must have been going at it for hours on end, with wives and gf's complaining about people not being home anymore :-)

amfest
26-09-04, 12:20
thats what happens when you wait till the last minute to sort your stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

erm been set up for a month now
that's nice .. .

My main pc which could play neocron has been broken for a month :(
I finally get it back saying .. damn just in time only to encounter no servers up :( :( :(

j0rz
26-09-04, 12:41
Same here i planned to sort my chars out this weekend as im away from home mon tues wens and now i might get chance to be able to sort my chars in time for the update, i can see it now i be on the train with my mobile paying a fortune to use grps trying to connect to nc on my laptop to arrange my chars items and prepare for bdoy, i have 8 chars so i will not enjoy the bill for it as it costs 2 quid (4 dollars) per meg of data.

KK has been full of promises and so far nothing in return for our comitment to the game and his bullsh1t we have been told for the last 6 months, Its hardly surpising for me to tell you that 4 of my real life friends have quit the game due to promises, dru blood aka tony has quit twice now and sold his account i feel i may join him if bdoy isnt as good as we have been strung along to think.

i think it'll be interesting to see what happens to cron when half life 2 comes out and also the mods for it (since they are Free).

myself is bdoy sucks i'll be going back to CS full time #mysod all the way people.

Just my 2 cents in short neocron = full of sh1t :mad:

ROZZER187
26-09-04, 12:46
i hope the servers are back up for this evening, need alot of things sorting out before doy :(

Vithar
26-09-04, 14:50
Except for Saturn, they are already up. :)

http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=2&announcementid=207

V

Richard Slade
26-09-04, 14:54
No saturn.. bah...

amfest
26-09-04, 14:59
oh man ... my pc died and so i replaced the mobo and cpu with a cheap package from FRYs .. cpu was a sempron 2400 .. and damn .. it's wierd walking around cycrow with 60fps instead of 7-12 fps

:lol:

Glad I can finally see that I can run neocron 1 now even though most every one is either going to be quitting or going on to neocron 2 >_<

Vithar
26-09-04, 15:44
Merged threads.

V

DARK_Overfiend
26-09-04, 15:50
yeh i wanted to sort my chars out last monday but the connection to NC servers was down so i cudnt sort out whats needs moving into my quickbelt's implants puttin in before transfer, and the connection for the servers for me has been down all week.:(

[Edited]
nvm got connection just now.
hopefully saturn is up its only server i use :S

[Re-Edited]
ahhh damm it still down :(

GosuSmurf
26-09-04, 18:00
j0rz? #mysod ?? thats a dutch clan!

Dont Mess
26-09-04, 18:07
Except for Saturn, they are already up. :)

http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=2&announcementid=207

V

WOW GG U REALLY HIT THE JACKPOT OF RUNNERS THERE

pluto and venus, mock of runner count

uranus mock for a 4 char server

jupiter, fine good amount

saturn the server thats still down and holds the most runners

Jaffo
26-09-04, 18:28
WOW GG U REALLY HIT THE JACKPOT OF RUNNERS THERE

pluto and venus, mock of runner count

uranus mock for a 4 char server