PDA

View Full Version : To the people planning to do epics in NC2...

Glok
26-09-04, 00:13
Where are you planning to get the 300k for each faction change? :p

I have read people saying on these forums how they will have replacement epic chips in hours... I think not. :p

.hack//sign
26-09-04, 00:15
any point? O_o

Shadowbreed
26-09-04, 00:16
4 slot international server = lot of chars lvling to rank 45 doesn't take that long, plus there's ppl with several characters in different factions on different servers.

Transfer 1 character who's crahn rank 45 finish the epic, delete him transfer second char who's fallen angels rinse repeat

that's my theory anyways personally i just have 2 chars

Glok
26-09-04, 00:18
any point? O_oWhy am I responding to this? O_o

The point is that noone will be able to get all their epics in a few hours, like some have said they will do. Just like I said in the opening post. O_o

awkward silence
26-09-04, 00:24
4 slot international server = lot of chars lvling to rank 45 doesn't take that long, plus there's ppl with several characters in different factions on different servers.

Transfer 1 character who's crahn rank 45 finish the epic, delete him transfer second char who's fallen angels rinse repeat

that's my theory anyways personally i just have 2 chars

he said it...

After testin beta im pretty sure that the economy will be almost as fucked as in nc1 in a month.

Glok
26-09-04, 00:26
I would say that 95% of people don't have rank 45 chars just sitting around in the right faction to whore epics and then get deleted.

Mumblyfish
26-09-04, 00:27
I can make a goddamned killing off Launchers. You can too!

Birkoff
26-09-04, 00:29
You can make a shit laod of money lvling off anything. There are missions... you will make money off your initial epic and most ppl will have more than 1 character.

Only need1 epic myself :)

Glok
26-09-04, 00:29
Launchers? Nah. El Farid with AoE or the new TG canyon (with yet more scorpions 8|) with AoE will beat launchers any day. :p

Shinto
26-09-04, 00:30
well although im not expecting to get them done in a few hours, i recon i could(if i felt motivated)do it in a day or 2 easy.

also i have one tank thats in proto faction who will get my resister day one.

my main tank will be in CA who will get me my CA PA :D

my monk is getting crahn epic, which i will use to trade for either bio or TT.

my rifle spy will get me the crahn epic glove also, once done that will move to mercs to get my tanks speed gat, then on to TT to get laser cannon epic.

im off early october from work so could do them fairly quickly, ive always raised my cash from hunting and find getting 300k fairly easy, from the (admitadly small)hunting ive done on NC2 beta i see no reason for me not to be able to get 300k fairly quickly.

however im guessing yours is directed at people planning to take one single char from faction to faction picking up each epic as they go

renton
26-09-04, 00:30
1 cave run NC 100000
2 cave runs NC 200000
3 cave runs NC 300000

heh if ur a sadist shelter all the luts, takes like 20 mins more to do a run but cos of the extra spawns u get even more money.

problem solved

Mumblyfish
26-09-04, 00:32
Launchers? Nah. El Farid with AoE or the new TG canyon (with yet more scorpions 8|) with AoE will beat launchers any day. :p
1 launcher = 3 seconds at most = 1015nc cash in hand. When the spawn slows down I loot them for double that.

You were saying? ;)

Glok
26-09-04, 00:33
1 launcher = 3 seconds at most = 1015nc cash in hand. When the spawn slows down I loot them for double that.

You were saying? ;)15 scorpions and 10 raptors (in TG canyon) in about 2 minutes = 50-100k depending on what level they were.

You were saying? :p

edit: This does rely on having AoE though.

Judge
26-09-04, 00:36
What do you use to kill Launchers?

Mumblyfish
26-09-04, 00:40
What do you use to kill Launchers?
Combat hovertec. Low combat rank, one of the fastest mob killing speeds in the game.

Awesome ;)

IceStorm
26-09-04, 00:40
The point is that noone will be able to get all their epics in a few hoursConsidering I got tipped 500k to go to Outzone Station and imp someone, I'd say there's little problem making money.

Glok
26-09-04, 00:45
Considering I got tipped 500k to go to Outzone Station and imp someone, I'd say there's little problem making money.LOL you think that will happen in retail? Assuming exploits are fixed...

Shinto
26-09-04, 00:46
lets hope they do other wise they are wiping all the NC1 stuff for no reason

Retro V
26-09-04, 00:46
Money will be wiped and no more stockXploits - so don't count on a tip like that again :rolleyes:

renton
26-09-04, 00:48
lol u think exploits wont b in retail !!!! consedering we still have 2-3 year old bugs in the nc 2 client and havent had mass testing on certin content (user shops woc etc...) o0

|R@zor|
26-09-04, 02:09
I think it would be quite easy to get my epic runs complete

my PE's setup counts on having MoveOn and PP resistor so its a priority for me, should only need to hunt for a couple of hours and find people to kill to get sympathy.

Being a Merc i have access to both cities.

IceStorm
26-09-04, 03:51
Money will be wiped and no more stockXploits - so don't count on a tip like that againThis was in Open Beta...

ROZZER187
26-09-04, 12:40
do some cave runs, get the cash, jumo factions :D

though i dont really need to whore the epics, my main concern is to get to pp cpu's and 2 moveons. thats really all i need.

i can get the rest of the stuff later on in the game

Agent FunHead
26-09-04, 21:20
15 scorpions and 10 raptors (in TG canyon) in about 2 minutes = 50-100k depending on what level they were.

You were saying? :p

edit: This does rely on having AoE though.

WTH??? YOu start off by saying no one could ever make up the cash to do their epic runs in a few hours and then you say this?

plus majority of chars only need a move on or PP chip or both to be back in action so thats 600k or only 300k if you made ur char PP or bio before the switch.

so then by ur method it would take someone roughly 6-12 miniutes to raise 300k

This to me doesnt seem impossible to do and you yourself has pointed a method of doing it soo This thread doesnt make sense to me o_O o_O o_O

Glok
26-09-04, 21:29
Well, you need to get there first, and although you can make that kind of cash, you will more than likely die a few times without a PPU. There is ammo to be considered too, I havent found a smuggler there for ammo yet.

But yeah, I guess the 300k won't be so hard after all. I didn't even think of TG canyon when I posted this. Sue me. :p

Agent FunHead
26-09-04, 22:12
Well, you need to get there first, and although you can make that kind of cash, you will more than likely die a few times without a PPU. There is ammo to be considered too, I havent found a smuggler there for ammo yet.

But yeah, I guess the 300k won't be so hard after all. I didn't even think of TG canyon when I posted this. Sue me. :p

I have a PPU

besides navigating the wastelands with a 0/2 is easy as hell so i doubt my capped chars will find it hard

Ammo to be considered? u start with around 50k

Lexxuk
26-09-04, 22:41
I got a PE on NC1 with a few slots free, stick a couple of Tl150 tools into his QB for xfer over, then sell sell sell.. for loadsa moneh. Cept I'm not going NC2, but the theory is valid :p

/edit - tools still stack if you buy them in lots of 10? ;)

Glok
26-09-04, 22:42
I mean there is nowhere to buy ammo in TG canyon. The best you can do is buy a canyon apt so you have access to a gogo.

Agent FunHead
27-09-04, 00:06
I mean there is nowhere to buy ammo in TG canyon. The best you can do is buy a canyon apt so you have access to a gogo.

god you worry too much

Theres grant mine if u dont mind the walk or if ur a monk then i can carry around 90-100 PSI boosters on me without being heavy

Now your just being silly

Glok
27-09-04, 00:22
Now your just being sillyWell I can't argue with that. :lol:

J. Folsom
27-09-04, 12:44
/edit - tools still stack if you buy them in lots of 10? ;)
Yes, but you can't put stacks in your belt. So there goes your clever plan. :p

winnoc
27-09-04, 13:18
All i need is just a crahn glove, for my ppu (he's in faction allready) and two moveon's for my tanks, and two revelers.
Don't feel the need to do the protopharm chip as it's of no use in my tanks.

Shinto
27-09-04, 14:24
take it you dont fight one on one with your tank or anything? doesnt hide in a vehicle does he :p

winnoc
27-09-04, 14:29
Why do you think they call my tank a "real mean sardine" :-)

Nah, i just don't see much difference on my tanks when ppu buffed with or without a PP.

SorkZmok
27-09-04, 14:34
4th slot on my second account will be a biotech noob tank bringing over some old rare weapons from saturn. Then i'll level him up, run the epic, delete him and do it again.
Cant be arsed to run missions and leave the clan with my main chars.
Anyway it doesn't take long to level up and run the epic, but it's gonna be boring as hell. :(

Shinto
27-09-04, 14:47
Why do you think they call my tank a "real mean sardine" :-)

Nah, i just don't see much difference on my tanks when ppu buffed with or without a PP.
ahh ya, well my tank has been known to discard his proto to stick a bez 3 in and fight in PA4 ;)