PDA

View Full Version : Tank Hybrid

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 13:15
I made this setup afew weeks ago now, and started using it on Koro.

And I just wanted to raise the issue, I see it very unfair that the tank is the only class with the ability to fully utilize its skill points to the point where it can 100% effectivly use melee and H-C.

It would be like a Spy using a First love, and fully capping it, then changing to a Slasher when there up close, and fully capping it.

Im all for individuality in a class, but do you not think its abit "off"?

Id rather see such specs like this available to a PE only. With specific duel chips.

Dont get me wrong I love this setup, but..It just sits unfairly uncomfortable with me. Well check it out and see youll all be hybrids ;)

[edit]The setup is without an Xstrong or Melee three, with a melee 3 you can have 205 Melee combat, which is way overkill anyway to cap any melee weapon.

naimex
24-09-04, 13:16
yuo are using a moveon ^^
and you are also using 2x hercules

2 secs ill just see if i can make a better setup.

I was referring to moveon not being ingame in nc2..

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 13:17
yuo are using a moveon ^^

2 secs ill just see if i can make a better setup.

yeah using a moveon for the body health and transport, believe it gives to melee combat also cant remember.

I could use a zerk 3....

But yeah thats my setup, works scareily well.

Your at an OP war, chew em up with ravager, run at them with thunderbolt and whack out POB, its sexual :D

naimex
24-09-04, 13:18
read edit ^^

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 13:20
read edit ^^

Moveon wont be ingame for the first few days, but ill do the epic.

Or is it being REMOVED totally? FOREVER ?

MonsterMatze
24-09-04, 13:21
LOL ..... nuff said !

PS. uber con setup !!!!

Capt. Rik
24-09-04, 13:21
what about the 2 x hercs?

Alienfreak
24-09-04, 13:22
Uber Con!!!!

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 13:22
what about the 2 x hercs?

its a fuckup, should be marine.

There the same just give 1 str level difference

Ive altered Koro's body health since, lowered it so when I get a melee 3, I have 595, instead of 595 with melee 1.

Depends if you want to be PPU dependant to fully "cap"

NAIMEX! Word on the moveon? :(

Xadhoom
24-09-04, 13:24
con setup rulezzzz !!!^

AND HE USED PPU BUFFS !!!

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 13:25
con setup rulezzzz !!!

Well koro before hybrid actually had more..as he had resist chip in.

His con setups stayed identicle to what its always been just without the resist chip..hasnt really hurt that much.

This is a hybrid setup though guys, Fully capping MELEE and HEAVY COMBAT :eek:

Capt. Rik
24-09-04, 13:27
Impressive. I might have to give it a try and see how it plays in practice.

Are you sure about capping the HC weapons tho? I seem to remember needing almost every point in HC (or was that for the moonie and DB?)

Dargeshaad
24-09-04, 13:27
must......resist.....lom'ing.....my tank's......con.....to.....that.....setup.....!!111

winnoc
24-09-04, 13:28
So no more moveon's in NC2 ?????

Damn, that sucks.

Anyway, i got something similar, but i started him out as hybrid, for faster leveling with aoe weapon.
My tank doesn't cap the hc weapons, but he can use the rare ones. All you need is a ravager for distance, a moonstriker for op wars and then the pob and the shocker for close range fighting.

I honestly don't see the point in bringin a CS as a melee capable tank. Since you're better off with a pob.

Sigma
[...]This is a hybrid setup though guys, Fully capping MELEE and HEAVY COMBAT :eek:

You got 267% Aiming on your CS?

Edit: Guys, NOWHERE is said that Moveons get removed totally.

Clownst0pper
Impressive. I might have to give it a try and see how it plays in practice.

Are you sure about capping the HC weapons tho? I seem to remember needing almost every point in HC (or was that for the moonie and DB?)

If you have a pure H-C tank, 210 Heavy Combat is the max you can get.
This fully caps a Cursed souls ROF of 227/min.

Although you will have 209, the high weaponlore increase the ROF by a single point or so.

Well ive been using it on koro for a few weeks, and its nothing but a laugh constantly, fell in love with meh tank again.

Although, be prepared to carry 4 rares...

POB/Thunderbolt/Ravager/Malediction or Moony

@phobos, without taking the beast, no you wont cap a CS's aiming, but with the beast yup, I cap ravager and CS aiming %, melee experiance memory gives extra weaponlore which helps loads

Capt. Rik
24-09-04, 13:30
I honestly don't see the point in bringin a CS as a melee capable tank. Since you're better off with a pob.

What about those situations where you have to close the gap between you and your enemy or when your para-glued to the floor. Whipping out a CS or Rav is pretty darn useful

Sigma
24-09-04, 13:33
If you have a pure H-C tank, 210 Heavy Combat is the max you can get.
This fully caps a Cursed souls ROF of 227/min.

Although you will have 209, the high weaponlore increase the ROF by a single point or so.

Well ive been using it on koro for a few weeks, and its nothing but a laugh constantly, fell in love with meh tank again.

Although, be prepared to carry 4 rares...

POB/Thunderbolt/Ravager/Malediction or Moony

@phobos, without taking the beast, no you wont cap a CS's aiming, but with the beast yup, I cap ravager and CS aiming %, melee experiance memory gives extra weaponlore which helps loads

What's the point in having to use drugs and PPU-Buffs only to use Melee and HC?

I seriously don't see the point, no offence though.

I bet it would be fun to try it out.

Edit:

What about those situations where you have to close the gap between you and your enemy or when your para-glued to the floor. Whipping out a CS or Rav is pretty darn useful

You won't hit jackshit with a CS, if you rare paraed.

darknessfairy
24-09-04, 13:33
afaik moveon should be attainable through the epic as always in nc2 just not able to transfer as epics will be reset ;)

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 13:34

OP turrets, attacking Spys from a distance with a ravager, using a POB isnt the be all and end all.

As rik says, being parashocked and still have the ability to blast into the distance with a capped ravager is uber.

And lets be honest, when there dmg boosted, a CS rips em down big time.

What's the point in having to use drugs and PPU-Buffs only to use Melee and HC?

I seriously don't see the point, no offence though.

I bet it would be fun to try it out

Look at the bottom sigma...It says melee buff one.

Thats a self melee boost. With 185 melee combat I fully cap a POB and Thunderbolt. With a melee 3 I get the extra body health, it is only for the body health (if you wish to spec for melee 3 in con, thats fine)

And for the price of taking a single beast, and using self buffs, to fully cap Heavy Combat AND Melee, that is a trade off which is worth it imho.

winnoc
24-09-04, 13:34
Rav ok, CS no.

Just snipe and medium range with the rav.
Pob when you get close, cs can't shoot that far acurately so a ravager is the prefered weapon for a hybrid tank.

naimex
24-09-04, 13:37
here are my guesses at a working tank hybrid setup :

Heavy Armor - Selfbuffed : (http://www.naimex.dk/heavyselfbuffed.jpg)
Heavy Armor - PPU buffed : (http://www.naimex.dk/heavybuffed.jpg)
Melee Armor - Selfbuffed : (http://www.naimex.dk/meleeselfbuffed.jpg)
Melee Armor - PPU buffed : (http://www.naimex.dk/meleebuffed.jpg)

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 13:39

Naimex m8, youve only got 150 max on H-C and Melee....

That wont cap anything unlike having 185 melee and 209 Heavy Combat, WITHOUT PPU buffs.

Gohei
24-09-04, 13:44

Someones makin a fool outta himself...

naimex
24-09-04, 13:48
Naimex m8, youve only got 150 max on H-C and Melee....

That wont cap anything unlike having 185 melee and 209 Heavy Combat, WITHOUT PPU buffs.

clown... you have 2 mc5 chips, in your setup, and a buff only a ppu can give you..

and a chip you have to attain first..

Someones makin a fool outta himself...

read above..

EDIT : and no drugs are being taken on my setup.

Capt. Rik
24-09-04, 13:56
clown... you have 2 mc5 chips, in your setup, and a buff only a ppu can give you..

He already said, swap one of the hercs for a marine. the marine gives 1 less str.

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 13:57
EDIT : and no drugs are being taken on my setup

Even so, 150 Melee and HC will give u absolutely horrendous %'s on both. It would be suicide. For the sake of taking one drug to fully cap both Skills?

and a chip you have to attain first..

read above..

A MARINE is IDENTICLE to a HERC, however, I fucked up, A herc only gives +6 STR, A Marine gives +5 str It doesnt change any stats.

And the only buff Koro has is a Hazard 3, the rest is 100% self buffed.

Melee 1, Spy 1, hazard 3, as it clearly says at the bottom.

Here you go, for the perfectionists.

With self buffs...And With FULL PPU buffs.

Again, these shots are without a BEAST, 184 + 25 from the new beast gives 209 H-C

Capt. Rik
24-09-04, 14:00
hehe nice!

Clown, shouldn't you be off doing studenty things like stealing traffic cones etc. instead of making Nc chars :p

I miss being a student. I might go back to do an MSc or a PhD purely for more time as a student.

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 14:01
hehe nice!

Shouldn't you be off doing studenty things like stealing traffic cones etc. instead of making Nc chars :p

I miss being a student. I might go back to do an MSc or a PhD purely for more time as a student.

Its freshers week, we fuck it off until monday morning, and TBH im waiting for a friend to come back so I can go buy warhammer.

[Edit]The con setup is better on the new ones :p

naimex
24-09-04, 14:01
And here you can see Clownstoppers setup, with the RIGHT implants, and the RIGHT buffs. but still no drugs.. and yes.. i have less melee in my setups, but i have more hc, and better resists.

Clowns setup self buff (http://www.naimex.dk/clownsetupselfbuff.jpg)
Clowns setup ppu buff (http://www.naimex.dk/clownsetupbuffed.jpg)
and if hc is the main dmg dealer which i would choose personally, then mysetup > clownies.

edit : clown, a tank cant use BR-2

edit 2 : and as always, my setups are suggestions, not forced setups.

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 14:03
And here you can see Clownstoppers setup, with the RIGHT implants, and the RIGHT buffs. but still no drugs.. and yes.. i have less melee in my setups, but i have more hc, and better resists.

Clowns setup self buff (http://www.naimex.dk/clownsetupselfbuff.jpg)
Clowns setup ppu buff (http://www.naimex.dk/clownsetupbuffed.jpg)
and if hc is the main dmg dealer which i would choose personally, then mysetup > clownies.

How is it better?

youve just copied mine too the exact.... and with 186 H-C you wont get anywhere near capping a CS, around 150% dmg, and 160% aiming..

LOL naimex, its identicle, scroll up m8,

your con setup is inbalanced, lower the energy and put into xray + fire. o_O

naimex
24-09-04, 14:06
How is it better?

youve just copied mine too the exact.... and with 186 H-C you wont get anywhere near capping a CS, around 150% dmg, and 160% aiming..

LOL naimex, its identicle, scroll up m8,

your con setup is inbalanced, lower the energy and put into xray + fire. o_O

uhm clown...

those setups ARE yours..

the first ones were my suggestions.. these 2 are your setups, as they REALLY are.. and not as your pictures show them..

thats how my setup is better... and again, i say these are set to be primarily heavy tanks, with melee as secondary.

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 14:08
uhm clown...

those setups ARE yours..

the first ones were my suggestions.. these 2 are your setups, as they REALLY are.. and not as your pictures show them..

thats how my setup is better... and again, i say these are set to be primarily heavy tanks, with melee as secondary.

your previous "attempts" were terrible.

Dude, if you want to use my setup just say. ;) :) its why I posted it.

Sigma
24-09-04, 14:08
If I may.

My take on an HybridTank:

Tank

INT: 20
WEP: 86

DEX: 61
T-C: 89
AGL: 143

STR: 134
M-C: 190
H-C: 210
TRA: 25
FOR: 63

CON:108
BodyHealth:525
ATL: 33
HLT: 115
FIR: 80
ENR: 90
XRR: 109
POR: 84

Implants:
BIOTECH (M.O.V.E.O.N) CPU
MC5 Hercules CPU
Marine's CPU
PROTOPHARM RESISTOR CHIP
Melee Combateye 3
Filter Heart 2
Hardenbackbone 3

Biotech Antigamma Headbone
Bat Queen Chestenforcment
Bat Queen Armenforcment
Biotech Antigamma Legenforcement
Experimental Footenforcement

Armor:
Inquisitionhelmet 4
Camo Powersuit V HC-3
Medium Energyfieldbelt
Inquisitiontrousers 4
Heavy Duranium Boots

Buffs:
Crahn Heavy Combat Booster 1
Crahn Basic Resist Booster 1
Crahn Spy Booster 1

Drugs:
Beast
XStrong

Resist:
Piercing: 178
Force: 200
Fire: 160
Energy: 170
Xray: 144
Poison: 76

Protection:
Piercing: 74,65%
Force: 75,7%
Fire: 73,67%
Energy: 74,23%
Xray: 72,66%
Poison: 50,67%

2 Drugs and self buffed.

winnoc
24-09-04, 14:10
Naimex those setups are BAD :-)

I have a capped hc tank, and i got his twin brother into existance as a hybrid, as it's faster leveling, and hell, what to do with those otherwise wasted melee combat points right?

So a good hybrid tank would wear MELEE armor, as he needs the speed.
He will cap the melee weapons, and has no need to cap the HC ones as they are range weapons and will mostly use the ravager.

EDIT: I don't understand everyone's obsession with this protopharm chip.
I had one and i removed it, it's a wasted slot on tanks. Now i'm not talking about a PP on monks, pe's or spies. But i'm never putting one in my tanks again.

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 14:10
If I may.

My take on an HybridTank:

Tank

INT: 20
WEP: 86

DEX: 61
T-C: 89
AGL: 143

STR: 134
M-C: 190
H-C: 210
TRA: 25
FOR: 63

CON:108
BodyHealth:525
ATL: 33
HLT: 115
FIR: 80
ENR: 90
XRR: 109
POR: 84

Implants:
BIOTECH (M.O.V.E.O.N) CPU
MC5 Hercules CPU
Marine's CPU
PROTOPHARM RESISTOR CHIP
Melee Combateye 3
Filter Heart 2
Hardenbackbone 3

Biotech Antigamma Headbone
Bat Queen Chestenforcment
Bat Queen Armenforcment
Biotech Antigamma Legenforcement
Experimental Footenforcement

Armor:
Inquisitionhelmet 4
Camo Powersuit V HC-3
Medium Energyfieldbelt
Inquisitiontrousers 4
Heavy Duranium Boots

Buffs:
Crahn Heavy Combat Booster 1
Crahn Basic Resist Booster 1
Crahn Spy Booster 1

Drugs:
Beast
XStrong

Resist:
Piercing: 178
Force: 200
Fire: 160
Energy: 170
Xray: 144
Poison: 76

Protection:
Piercing: 74,65%
Force: 75,7%
Fire: 73,67%
Energy: 74,23%
Xray: 72,66%
Poison: 50,67%

2 Drugs and self buffed.

Yup, V nice setup, I avoid the Xstrong, it lasts less than 5 minutes, so it gives a mad flash, and you need double the amount of beast.

But yep, thats what I used to have until I got annoyed with the Xstrong.

AHHHH Phobos, dont use that sort of HTML code lol

naimex
24-09-04, 14:12
Naimex those setups are BAD :-)

I have a capped hc tank, and i got his twin brother into existance as a hybrid, as it's fater leveling, and hell, what to do with those otherwise wasted melee combat points right?

So a good hybrid tank would wear MELEE armor, as he needs the speed.
He will cap the melee weapons, and has no need to cap the HC ones as they are range weapons and will mostly use the ravager.

i had that setup once, with the hc armor i posted.. but without the herc..

I won both as melee and as heavy in all the fights i fought... the setup works.. if you know how to use it..

just a sec then ill post my current heavy only tank setup.. you will most likely all say it sucks ass.. but if it does.. then why do i still win with it, almost every time ?

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 14:15
i had that setup once, with the hc armor i posted.. but without the herc..

I won both as melee and as heavy in all the fights i fought... the setup works.. if you know how to use it..

just a sec then ill post my current heavy only tank setup.. you will most likely all say it sucks ass.. but if it does.. then why do i still win with it, almost every time ?

Skill over your competators?

How can someone who gets "AWFUL" dmg % on all weapons like in your setups, win against someone of equal skill who fully caps dmg % on all weapons?

It doesnt work naim.

Sigma
24-09-04, 14:16
Yup, V nice setup, I avoid the Xstrong, it lasts less than 5 minutes, so it gives a mad flash, and you need double the amount of beast.

But yep, thats what I used to have until I got annoyed with the Xstrong.

AHHHH Phobos, dont use that sort of HTML code lol

Rofl, what's wrong with the code? :D

Yeah, I know about X-Strong, but I use it on my Spy and my PE and have no problems, personal preference though.

@Winnoc: What are you useing instead of PPR then?

winnoc
24-09-04, 14:17
Resists are the basis of a good killer tank, but let's face it, the ability to "dance" and tracj someone with you mouse is what counts.

Say we have tank A, with awesome aim, 70% of the body health of tank B and with realy bad resists.

Tank B doesn't hit tank A that often.
Short fight as they slug it out.

Tank A ususaly wins. Due to the small percentage difference in resists (maybe 10% to 20%) but tank A might do 50% more dammage over time than tank B.

EDIT:

I usualy slap a targeting comp3 in there instead of the protopharm. For my hybrid tank i won't slap in a melee3, as i need the int to drive my reveler.
A tank in a reveler rocks, especialy if you cap the rof on it.

I won't ever make a char that can't drive. I feel i's just ....... unethical :-)

naimex
24-09-04, 14:19
my hc setup which you say sucks... i say it rocks. (http://www.naimex.dk/myhcsetup.jpg)

i used to have moveon and ppr instead of zerk 2 and target 3.. but with the transfer i have had to change them..

ive lost a lot of health and a lot of resists because of those 2 changes..

but I still win almost every fight ive tried.. even against people that played 50/50 with me, when i had more resists and more health.

You can rack it down, you can say it sucks... but I donīt care cuz I tried it, and it simply owns.

Skill over your competators?

How can someone who gets "AWFUL" dmg % on all weapons like in your setups, win against someone of equal skill who fully caps dmg % on all weapons?

It doesnt work naim.

you can have the best setup in the world, but it wont help you if you cant keep lock on your opponents and dodge their aim.

Sigma
24-09-04, 14:19
Resists are the basis of a good killer tank, but let's face it, the ability to "dance" and tracj someone with you mouse is what counts.

Say we have tank A, with awesome aim, 70% of the body health of tank B and with realy bad resists.

Tank B doesn't hit tank A that often.
Short fight as they slug it out.

Tank A ususaly wins. Due to the small percentage difference in resists (maybe 10% to 20%) but tank A might do 50% more dammage over time than tank B.

Err...So which Chip are you useing instead of PPR? :s

Sigma
24-09-04, 14:21
my hc setup which you say sucks... i say it rocks. (http://www.naimex.dk/myhcsetup.jpg)

i used to have moveon and ppr instead of zerk 2 and target 3.. but with the transfer i have had to change them..

but I still win almost every fight ive tried.. even against people that played 50/50 with me, when i had more resists and more health.

You can rack it down, you can say it sucks... but I donīt care cuz I tried it, and it simply owns.

Are you changing back to Moveon and PPR?

Or are you staying with Berserk 2+3?

Edit: oops, sry doublepost :s

naimex
24-09-04, 14:22
Are you changing back to Moveon and PPR?

Or are you staying with Berserk 2+3?

if i can get them in nc2 i will definitely change back..

but this is a very acceptable part time solution.

for me..

but as I said in that con setup thread... its all about finding a setup that fits your playstyle.

This is my setup, and it matches my play style.. and I have a hard time imaging many other people can play properly with my setup.

Dargeshaad
24-09-04, 14:23
Giv mig din skillmanager naimex :angel:

naimex
24-09-04, 14:24
Giv mig din skillmanager naimex :angel:

cant... not allowed.

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 14:28

you can have the best setup in the world, but it wont help you if you cant keep lock on your opponents and dodge their aim.

Ok, that is a horrendous setup.

And lets be honest, if you are wanting the best setups, you will do the epics again.

Below is Koros setup when he was H-C tank- Pure.

winnoc
24-09-04, 14:29
Err...So which Chip are you useing instead of PPR? :s

Read edit above.....

And i use it ... BECAUSE MY AIMING SUCKS :-)

Honestly i don't pretend to be a good tank. I've hardly ever done pvp. I started my first months in NC as a sniper spy, died at every op fight, then did a tank.
I'm not playing NC to become a LEET pker, i play to have fun.

I have however lomed all my characters to hell and back, and i've seen funny things with resists. The only way to test them is to run into a bunch of enemies head on and count how long you stay alive :-)
I know the last version of my resist setup works..... and it doesn't include the PP chip.

naimex
24-09-04, 14:29
Ok, that is a horrendous setup.

And lets be honest, if you are wanting the best setups, you will do the epics again.

Below is Koros setup when he was H-C tank- Pure.

you are using moveon and ppr.. it distorts it since i removed mine.. 2 secs ill just upload one with those 2 in...

EDIT :

as you can see it changes something, but itīs still not as good resists as clowns old tanks setup... but it fits my playstyle, and it works... for me.

tankeh with ppr and moveon (http://www.naimex.dk/myrealhcsetup.jpg)

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 14:30
you are using moveon and ppr.. it distorts it since i removed mine.. 2 secs ill just upload one with those 2 in...

who gives a shit, when DOY arrives it will take me afew hours to complete both epics.

Then my setup is back to what it has always been.

Numerically naim there is no way on gods earth you can say your setup is better than the two above.

Sigma
24-09-04, 14:31
What's up with the "No Med-NRGField-Belt"?

Did I miss something?

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 14:31
What's up with the "No Med-NRGField-Belt"?

Did I miss something?

shit always forget about that little bugger :p

Sigma
24-09-04, 14:33
[...]Numerically naim there is no way on gods earth you can say your setup is better than the two above.

He didn't, he said it's the best for his Playstyle.

It's the same with my KamiAPU, the Setup sucked ass, but I was (semi) successful with it.

But I highly doubt anyone else could've done the same.

___T-X____
24-09-04, 14:37
I dont like freez0rs, however I allow myselfa setup to use the melee one.

Trying to cap both melee and H-C isnt worth the CONS lose from different imps and the RoF on weopons. Ive tried most setups including a kami one also and cant find a viable one.

naimex
24-09-04, 14:37
He didn't, he said it's the best for his Playstyle.

It's the same with my KamiAPU, the Setup sucked ass, but I was (semi) successful with it.

But I highly doubt anyone else could've done the same.

exactly thank you very much sigma..

personalized setups > the best cookie cutter setup in the world (IF that cookie cutter setup doesnt match the person using its playstyle)

sultana
24-09-04, 14:39
Your using a basic resist 2 again clown... And naimex, why so much fire in your non ppr/moveon setup?

On my tank (uses a ppr/moveon) im not even gonna bother replacing them, too lazy :lol: Gotta switch over to Biotech though before the 27th, though doesn't look like I'm going to any time soon :lol:

edit: eer... i figure you'll change armour when you pvp right?

naimex
24-09-04, 14:41
Your using a basic resist 2 again clown... And naimex, why so much fire in your non ppr/moveon setup?

On my tank (uses a ppr/moveon) im not even gonna bother replacing them, too lazy :lol: Gotta switch over to Biotech though before the 27th, though doesn't look like I'm going to any time soon :lol:

there is a very specific point with me using so much fire...

im way more scared of fire than of xray..

Cuz tbh, I dont see a lot of Xray APUs.....

having high xray resist dont help you against an apu... having high fire does.

sultana
24-09-04, 14:42
lol, well for me, high energy seems to help more against apus :p Rapture's, like the only apu I ever face using an FA.

Sigma
24-09-04, 14:44
there is a very specific point with me using so much fire...

im way more scared of fire than of xray..

Cuz tbh, I dont see a lot of Xray APUs.....

having high xray resist dont help you against an apu... having high fire does.

Hmm, and I thought FA sux ass. :\

winnoc
24-09-04, 14:45
Ok, here's my resist percentages of my HC tank.
With ppu buffs of course, and no, i don't have to go shopping for the expensive armors in TG canyon.
It's all done on the level3 stuff.
NO PP CHIP.

Buffs:
Crahn Melee Combat Booster 3, Crahn Hazard Resist Booster 3, Crahn Spy Booster 3
Crahn Holy Shelter foreigncast, Crahn Holy Deflector foreigncast

Drugs:
Drug1, Drug2, Drug3, Drug4, Drug5

Armor:
Piercing: 156 Force: 133 Fire: 114 Energy: 120 Xray: 158 Poison: 152
Protection:
Piercing: 90 - 95% Force: 88 - 95% Fire: 88 - 95% Energy: 89 - 95% Xray: 92 - 95% Poison: 73,18%
Remaining PvP DMG:
Piercing: 7 - 6% Force: 7 - 6% Fire: 7 - 6% Energy: 7 - 6% Xray: 7 - 5% Poison: 8,85%

naimex
24-09-04, 14:49
and besides.. as you may have noticed, all my setups were posted SELFBUFFED...

here is the setup PPU buffed :

meh tankeh with ppr and moveon and ppu buffs (http://www.naimex.dk/myrealhcsetupbuffed.jpg)

now it looks more like a setup for everyone.

Sigma
24-09-04, 14:49
Ok, here's my resist percentages of my HC tank.
With ppu buffs of course, and no, i don't have to go shopping for the expensive armors in TG canyon.
It's all done on the level3 stuff.
NO PP CHIP.

Buffs:
Crahn Melee Combat Booster 3, Crahn Hazard Resist Booster 3, Crahn Spy Booster 3
Crahn Holy Shelter foreigncast, Crahn Holy Deflector foreigncast

Drugs:
Drug1, Drug2, Drug3, Drug4, Drug5

Armor:
Piercing: 156 Force: 133 Fire: 114 Energy: 120 Xray: 158 Poison: 152
Protection:
Piercing: 90 - 95% Force: 88 - 95% Fire: 88 - 95% Energy: 89 - 95% Xray: 92 - 95% Poison: 73,18%
Remaining PvP DMG:
Piercing: 7 - 6% Force: 7 - 6% Fire: 7 - 6% Energy: 7 - 6% Xray: 7 - 5% Poison: 8,85%

Looks like the CON from my Pistol-Spy, except I got less POR. :D

No offence, though. :)

Edit: nvm

sultana
24-09-04, 14:50
Uhhhh... what are drugs 1 through 5? And you must use viper king I guess... cause I can't think of any other way of getting poison that high, not that you need it :wtf:

Sigma
24-09-04, 14:51
Uhhhh... what are drugs 1 through 5? And you must use viper king I guess... cause I can't think of any other way of getting poison that high, not that you need it :wtf:

That are just placeholders, he is using no Drugs.

naimex
24-09-04, 14:51
Looks like the CON from my Pistol-Spy, except I got less POR. :D

No offence, though. :)

Edit: Naim, I get URL not found. :(

ye i forgot to upload it, before i posted, but its up now

Sigma
24-09-04, 14:57
ye i forgot to upload it, before i posted, but its up now

Looks alot like my setup, except some minor changes.

evs
24-09-04, 14:59
I find the above resists slightly lacking. (clownstoppers hc tank)

Not capping force / pierce armour.
- Why not? You can easily attain 212 H-C without drugging and cap out force/pierce, and even when 3 buffed you can still cap pierce.
Seems strange why you wouldnt.

Fire
- Again why so low? Easily get it 170 with a bit of thought.

Energy
- 159 enr is too low, biggest tank killers are still HL, Rolh and Exec... that should be much higher.
I wouldnt feel safe without at least 180, also you have 115 in enr resist, when 114 is the natural cap.(allegedly)

Xray
- Only one i really agree with, 84 so when you get haz 3 = 114.
Not sure why youve gone for bq bones though :wtf:
full xrr = teh win

Poison
- Personally i think thats too high, i aim for 101 with a haz 3, without haz 3 i still get a decent poison resist - melee tanks do hurt, but constantly running away from them and firing backwards still reams them (really melee is pointless against anyone who just faces backwards and fires, until that bug is fixed of course - but meh my own opinion)

Also noticed your psi's a lil skewed as well, you wouldnt get max possible heal damage on that setup.

Just my own thoughts :)

sultana
24-09-04, 15:05
I agree on the tanks needing high energy, but really, rolh has been nerfed to hell and back and executioner is half force damage :p Should be more scared of slashers, healing lights and such... :eek:

winnoc
24-09-04, 15:11
Yes that 's a viper king i'm using.

I use different armors for different jobs.

Viper king is the fighting armor.
Duranium4 will do the job too.

Then in my reveler or rhino i'll use the HC pa, as the speednerf doesn't matter and the extra HC helps in the range, dammage and ROF of the vehicle guns.

My hybrid tank wears Melee pa3.

evs
24-09-04, 15:11
Dont find HealingLight bothers me much, if they are close up the user tends to get minced, or if they are at distance, cover's always good.

exec is a lot of force granted, but its just used by nearly every pistol pe/spy :)

rolh still hurts over time more than you can outheal if they have a ppu on their arse and they cap it

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 15:18
I find the above resists slightly lacking. (clownstoppers hc tank)

Not capping force / pierce armour.
- Why not? You can easily attain 212 H-C without drugging and cap out force/pierce, and even when 3 buffed you can still cap pierce.
Seems strange why you wouldnt.

Fire
- Again why so low? Easily get it 170 with a bit of thought.

Energy
- 159 enr is too low, biggest tank killers are still HL, Rolh and Exec... that should be much higher.
I wouldnt feel safe without at least 180, also you have 115 in enr resist, when 114 is the natural cap.(allegedly)

Xray
- Only one i really agree with, 84 so when you get haz 3 = 114.
Not sure why youve gone for bq bones though :wtf:
full xrr = teh win

Poison
- Personally i think thats too high, i aim for 101 with a haz 3, without haz 3 i still get a decent poison resist - melee tanks do hurt, but constantly running away from them and firing backwards still reams them (really melee is pointless against anyone who just faces backwards and fires, until that bug is fixed of course - but meh my own opinion)

Also noticed your psi's a lil skewed as well, you wouldnt get max possible heal damage on that setup.

Just my own thoughts :)

its not the point of maxing it, or maxing that.

The piercing thing i didnt change, just forgot.

You need batqueen chest for mega endurance bonus, and batqueen arm for +40 melee combat.

I tryed putting more points into xray, or taking some away, 114 is the max and I couldnt get it above 150.

157 energy? Your already major capping it as it is, and as HL is random dmg, well it makes very little difference

And fire resist? fire apoc does laughable dmg with 114 resist fire, never mind 157.

Oh and psi, i just slapped points in anywhere on the skillmanager.

sultana
24-09-04, 15:21
Lol, generally everything starts hurting when people have a ppu up their arse :lol: Though a pe using a healing light plus a db... worth getting nightmares over 8|

@clown: I'd rather have the hl doing, somewhat, lower random damage :) (uhh, with more energy resist that is :wtf: )

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 15:25
Lol, generally everything starts hurting when people have a ppu up their arse :lol: Though a pe using a healing light plus a db... worth getting nightmares over 8|

@clown: I'd rather have the hl doing, somewhat, lower random damage :) (uhh, with more energy resist that is :wtf: )

I dont honestly think its possible.

Ive tried loads of times increasing energy/decreasing, and ive noticed almost no difference from like 130-170.

So I just stopped and asked for a holy shelter ;)

evs
24-09-04, 15:26
its not the point of maxing it, or maxing that.

The piercing thing i didnt change, just forgot.

You need batqueen chest for mega endurance bonus, and batqueen arm for +40 melee combat.

I tryed putting more points into xray, or taking some away, 114 is the max and I couldnt get it above 150.

157 energy? Your already major capping it as it is, and as HL is random dmg, well it makes very little difference

And fire resist? fire apoc does laughable dmg with 114 resist fire, never mind 157.

Oh and psi, i just slapped points in anywhere on the skillmanager.

For the record im just on about the H-C setup you posted last :)

Whole point of resists is to max out as high as possible no?

Who needs endurance when you have stam boost 2's ? :)

ah i see you read my post wrong (or i posted it dodgily hrhr)
im on about total resist (i.e your natural plus armour)

157 total enr armour is too low. Yes hl damage is random, but they can normally get 6 of them away on you before you take them down (on decent apu's in a small space with many targets such as pp1)
Noones unlucky enough to get minimal damage on you with every shot.

Firestorm hurts, even with 150 total fire armour....

as for xrr, tanks get so little chance to stop xray damage, that 84 (114 with haz) and full xrr bones is the only way to go.

otherwise every pvp'r with xrr will hurt

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 15:28

157 total enr armour is too low. Yes hl damage is random, but they can normally get 6 of them away on you before you take them down (on decent apu's in a small space with many targets such as pp1)

yeah true.

The deal with hybrid though its difficult to squeeze the points into all resists as your resist chip missing which is kinda a pain in the arse, but I see where your comming from.

evs
24-09-04, 15:30
As for the hybrid

yeah seems ok :)

rav / pob combo would be good

any idea what damage would be like on a dev?

get 3-4 dev hits on em and then thunder / pob

could be leet

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 15:31
As for the hybrid

yeah seems ok :)

rav / pob combo would be good

any idea what damage would be like on a dev?

get 3-4 dev hits on em and then thunder / pob

could be leet

dont actually have a devourer, so I cant say..

But Dev is even easier to cap dmg % wise than ravager or CS.

Thundershocked to the ground and devoured would be nice :D

Sigma
24-09-04, 15:33

as for xrr, tanks get so little chance to stop xray damage, that 84 (114 with haz) and full xrr bones is the only way to go.

otherwise every pvp'r with xrr will hurt

Seriously, 159 ENR IS enough, it depends soley on the char, I got 170 ENR and the last times I checked I always toke the max. amount of random dmg from a HL. :wtf:

Edit:

dont actually have a devourer, so I cant say..

But Dev is even easier to cap dmg % wise than ravager or CS.

Thundershocked to the ground and devoured would be nice :D

Don't even bother with the Dev, it sux ass. :\

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 15:37
Seriously, 159 ENR IS enough, it depends soley on the char, I got 170 ENR and the last times I checked I always toke the max. amount of random dmg from a HL. :wtf:

Max amount of random dmg from a HL, lol thats a funny statement :rolleyes:

Well heres a new con setup ive whacked out for a pure H-C again with haz 3 and melee 3

Sigma
24-09-04, 15:42

Well I always took about 110-130 Dmg per HL. :wtf:

Although now it's down to acceptable levels, still quite odd, because I changed nothing.

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 15:44
Well I always took about 110-130 Dmg per HL. :wtf:

Although now it's down to acceptable levels, still quite odd, because I changed nothing.

I find it annoying on my spy.

I can sometimes take loads from an APU if I get lucky with the HL randomness, although sometimes a single hit and ill loose half HP.

Its quite annoying :mad: Ive lately started taking energy potions and fire potions on my spy when combating APU's, seems to help loads, got it down to about 50-70 dmg per HL now.

Of course, on any tank when you have a holy shelter, Holy Lighting is laughable :rolleyes:

sultana
24-09-04, 15:45
Your athletics seems a little low, and your body health a little high... I really see no reason to try and capped hitpoints, even with a melee 3 on. And switch those boots to heavy duranium, then your resists will be sweet :)

edit: ahhh, that was meant for like, 3 or so posts ago, really should use quotes...

Sigma
24-09-04, 15:45
I find it annoying on my spy.

I can sometimes take loads from an APU if I get lucky with the HL randomness, although sometimes a single hit and ill loose half HP.

Its quite annoying :mad: Ive lately started taking energy potions and fire potions on my spy when combating APU's, seems to help loads, got it down to about 50-70 dmg per HL now.

Don't use Resistpotions, they're bugged to fuck. :\

Sigma
24-09-04, 15:47
Your athletics seems a little low, and your body health a little high... I really see no reason to try and capped hitpoints, even with a melee 3 on. And switch those boots to heavy duranium, then your resists will be sweet :)

More than enough ATL, but the Heavy Duranium Boots are quite good.

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 15:50
Don't use Resistpotions, they're bugged to fuck. :\

ive found they actually work. But as I say, Kaolin only uses them against APU's and they really do help.

@ Sultana, im using an old skill manager ;)

Try it phobos on your spy or something, after a quick relog, they help loads :D

@ Phobos again, I agree with the athletics thing, why do people feel the need to have 70+ athletics? It makes zero difference, at the end of the day, you get a cannon out, your slow anyway.

Sigma
24-09-04, 15:56
ive found they actually work. But as I say, Kaolin only uses them against APU's and they really do help.

@ Sultana, im using an old skill manager ;)

Try it phobos on your spy or something, after a quick relog, they help loads :D

Lol, nah.

I can't keep track of more than 2 Drugs. :x

And even that is hard, I lost count about how often I had a drug run out in the middle of a fight. :s

It's quite annoying when you can't see or walk straight, while stealthing through an enemy team. :lol:

Edit:

[...]@ Phobos again, I agree with the athletics thing, why do people feel the need to have 70+ athletics? It makes zero difference, at the end of the day, you get a cannon out, your slow anyway.

Yeah, I lomed from 95 ATL to 58 ATL, and guess what no difference. :rolleyes:

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 15:59
Lol, nah.

I can't keep track of more than 2 Drugs. :x

And even that is hard, I lost count about how often I had a drug run out in the middle of a fight. :s

It's quite annoying when you can't see or walk straight, while stealthing through an enemy team. :lol:

Koro and Kaolin carry 25 beast on them, + kaolin has 25 nightspider, and 10 destrosol forte + 15 fire + 15 energy potions.

That doesnt include anti shocks- He is a walking pharmacy!

After youve taken your drugs, just relog, or stealth and retake them, and it gets rid of the flash.

Although there have been many occasions in duels and fights where ive died from it (Against H4cki outside Neofrag when he ********** me was my most memorable, drugged off my tits and could barely see, needless to say I got owned) got rezzed though :p

But I can see where your comming from, its the compromise, risk flash, push your setup further sup to the individual

Sigma
24-09-04, 16:09
On n00b I mostly got 20 Antishock, 10 AntiDBoost, 10 AntiStealth, 20 X-Strong, 10 Redflash and about 10 Nightspider.

Btw. the worst time to get a Drugflash is when you stealth into an Adult Inc. OP full (and I mean FULL) of turrets, kill a droner and try to run out again. :lol:

sultana
24-09-04, 16:12
Meh, maybe i just feel better with more athletics :rolleyes: On the drugging thing, usually when I'm playing my spy, I try not to drug till the second before i fight someone... Doesn't work very well, i keep forgetting to take something (usually beast), which means no fire armour for me and well dead in seconds to a fire apoc.

As a spy you half need to be a walking pharmacy, every anti- drug there is so at least you can give whoever wants to follow you around in stealth today, a somewhat harder time :rolleyes:

evs
24-09-04, 16:34
As ive been going along with my tank i've tested my con all the way and jotted stuff down, i do take a lot less damage now @ 188 enr compared to 150.

Also, hl's bugged and works too much off health %

shooting a tank, a monk knocks hundred + off him unarmoured, whereas doing it to a spy, they lose 40

suxx0r heh

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 16:43
As ive been going along with my tank i've tested my con all the way and jotted stuff down, i do take a lot less damage now @ 188 enr compared to 150.

Also, hl's bugged and works too much off health %

shooting a tank, a monk knocks hundred + off him unarmoured, whereas doing it to a spy, they lose 40

suxx0r heh

Take an 0/2 noob, you shoot him with a silent hunter, it will do half dmg.

Which is about 25 dmg.

Shoot a fully capped tank with a silent hunter, it will do 190 dmg out of a total 595.

Its just silly, doesnt help when trying to figure resists out

Xadhoom
24-09-04, 16:50
theres a point in health which shouldnt be stepped over coz u take way too much dmg with it and the points u put in hlt would be more useful in resists.

naimex
24-09-04, 17:45

Well heres a new con setup ive whacked out for a pure H-C again with haz 3 and melee 3

this is a nice setup.. but I wouldnīt use it.. because itīs not for me..

but itīs a beautifull setup.