PDA

View Full Version : Ressist and CST Questions

BroHam
24-09-04, 12:13
I had a Couple Questions...

A) Ressits, Ive read alot about them people talking about caps and saying non natrual Ressits are no as strong natrual ones well my questions is this.

When implanted cpu (proto resistor chip) gives + to ressist's it shows up in your subskill area in CON however Bone Ressits do not, nor does armor. So are CPU ressists as strong as natrual ressists?

B) Lately ive been reading about Constructing and slots quality and %'s of weapons/spells rares and non rares. I have also read thantos spoiler to CST'ing and from the what I can understand higher your overall lvl the better odds of slots and more slots. I was wondering what Subskills in STR and or DEX effect the Quality or slot chance % or slot numer %, Like RCL helps hacking.

Thanks in advanced

-j

cMz
24-09-04, 12:21
Construction is influenced by 60% CST, 15% DEX and 10% INT.
The higher all these stats are the better your chances should be for slots.

No STR or DEX subskills should influence the construction results.

naimex
24-09-04, 12:26
armor and bone resists should work the same way.

The skill resists are exponentially.. but I think they are bugged somehow..

Sometimes you can have better resists even though they are lower than your opponent, and vice versa.

Might be an illusion, might be skill causing you to miss, and it might just be the truth (this would require there being some magical values that gives some kind of secret bonus, which makes this very unlikely, but still a possibility)

:: WARNING THEORY NOT FACT ::
There are many theories, this is mine.

When you reach 50, you get more resists per point you put in, when you reach 75 you get more resist per point you put in, and when you reach 102 (not 100, but 102) then you get more resist per point you put in..

It also cost more points per point when you reach 50/75 and 100.. but it doesnt give the 100 effect until after 102, and there is no point in putting resists in after 114 in skill.

However, it seems that if you have a base number in your resists, (preferably one of the breaking points (50/75/102), then even though you have negates to the skill, meaning it goes below the breaking point, it might just still give you the skill per point as if they were still counting from 50/75/102 even tho its only supposed to be from for instance 35.. it would still count from 50*0.x instead of 35*0.x, but itīs so little that it doesnīt really matter.. itīs 5-10 resist difference as the absolute MAX.

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 12:29
I had a Couple Questions...

A) Ressits, Ive read alot about them people talking about caps and saying non natrual Ressits are no as strong natrual ones well my questions is this.

When implanted cpu (proto resistor chip) gives + to ressist's it shows up in your subskill area in CON however Bone Ressits do not, nor does armor. So are CPU ressists as strong as natrual ressists?

-j

As far as im concerned, bones give resists in your implant window, armour gives resists in the armour window, they all combine to be one beneficial resist total.

Take a spy PA, it gives 130/150 xray resist. You do not need to spec any xray on a spy, its that simple. Will I be as strong with someone whos specced 150 xray in constitution?

Yes.

BroHam
24-09-04, 12:30
I really think they do I was hoping some people might have experimented with putting different point into dex like I for example have alot of RCL since i was a droner Before I lomed to CST.

I was hoping maybe some other CST might have alot of points into TC or Repair or some other DEX skill and maybe they noticed some change in the number of slotted things they get ot how many slots they get. Or if something in strength makes a noticable difference. just doesnt make sense how CST can be base off three skills and 2 of the 3 skills dont dont help the skill raising them. I mean reasearching only give int and from what I can tell res skill is just based off the res skill.

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 12:34
I really think they do I was hoping some people might have experimented with putting different point into dex like I for example have alot of RCL since i was a droner Before I lomed to CST.

I was hoping maybe some other CST might have alot of points into TC or Repair or some other DEX skill and maybe they noticed some change in the number of slotted things they get ot how many slots they get. Or if something in strength makes a noticable difference. just doesnt make sense how CST can be base off three skills and 2 of the 3 skills dont dont help the skill raising them. I mean reasearching only give int and from what I can tell res skill is just based off the res skill.

when kaolin was a constructor he had 135 base construct, then put a glove on.

He had 175 pistol/80hightec/67 vehicle and 130 base repair (Kami pistol spy)

He made insane stuff, always above two slots. ALWAYS.

dont ask me why or how, I had bloody GM's asking me about my setup. I made like 15 rares and all were 2 slots or above was insane.

His int was really low though, just enough to use stealth 1...but he had super highdex due to vehicle imps/sa/sf/

Sigma
24-09-04, 12:34
[...]Will I be as strong with someone whos specced 150 xray in constitution?

Yes.

No, you will be stronger, IF the ResistCap of 114 is true, because 150 Conskilled resists = 114 Resist = 119 Armorresist < 130/150 Armorresist from SpyPA.

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 12:35
No, you will be stronger, IF the ResistCap of 114 is true, because 150 Conskilled resists = 114 Resist = 119 Armorresist < 130/150 Armorresist from SpyPA.

the thing is though, take poison, you spec 114 poison resist in constitution, and it will NOT get any better, even with a hazard 3, your just waisting points (my recommendation for any tank is to spec for 114 poison with a hazard 3 on)

So yup sigma ur right.

BroHam
24-09-04, 12:39
when kaolin was a constructor he had 135 base construct, then put a glove on.

He had 175 pistol/80hightec/67 vehicle and 130 base repair (Kami pistol spy)

He made insane stuff, always above two slots. ALWAYS.

dont ask me why or how, I had bloody GM's asking me about my setup. I made like 15 rares and all were 2 slots or above was insane.

His int was really low though, just enough to use stealth 1...but he had super highdex due to vehicle imps/sa/sf/

hmm from what your saying it seems like Vehicals might make a Differance in slotage I might lom over to them to try it out

My question about ressists was bonus's added from brain implants like proto, marine,herc are also added into consideration when you look at your subskill
values. Where as bones and armor do not which makes me wonder if brain cpu's are as good of value as natrual resists?

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 12:42
hmm from what your saying it seems like Vehicals might make a Differance in slotage I might lom over to them to try it out

My question about ressists was bonus's added from brain implants like proto, marine,herc are also added into consideration when you look at your subskill
values. Where as bones and armor do not which makes me wonder if brain cpu's are as good of value as natrual resists?

mate, take your armour values + bone values + specced con values.

and see what number you get.

if in total it equals 114 youll have the soft cap, if it is in total over 130 say, youll be getting "better" resists.

This attatchment is my spys resists, with holy buffs.

You can see the armour he wears.

Skillmanagers are usefull

Sigma
24-09-04, 12:42
[...]My question about ressists was bonus's added from brain implants like proto, marine,herc are also added into consideration when you look at your subskill

Brainimps + hearts add Conresist, while Bones give Armorresist, BUT they (the bones) don't show up under your F4-Screen, which is a little bit confusing at first.

BroHam
24-09-04, 12:45
Brainimps + hearts add Conresist, while Bones give Armorresist, BUT they (the bones) don't show up under your F4-Screen, which is a little bit confusing at first.

so is there difference in value in brain/heart imps then bone/armor resists? or just there to confuse us noobs?

when you say soft caps vs regular caps do you mean imps (brain,heart,bone,armor) = softcap and con setup = reg cap?

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 12:49
so is there difference in value in brain/heart imps then bone/armor resists? or just there to confuse us noobs?

when you say soft caps vs regular caps do you mean imps (brain,heart,bone,armor) = softcap and con setup = reg cap?

dude, forget all the soft cap from armour and con cap, reg cap bollox.

Think of it like this.

All armour and bones combine together as a resist value.

All implants in the head like moveon/resist chip contribute directly to constituion speccing.

At the end of the day, youve got a spy with 70 specced energy resist in constitution, youll only need 44 in armour to get to 114 energy resist.

Obviously its better to revolve your con setup around the armour your wearing, its easier to get the perfect numbers then

Sigma
24-09-04, 12:51

Conresists are the resists you spec under CON in the F5 window, those don't go above 114, well they do but the don't get better after 114.

Armorresists on the other hand go up to 200, which is the maximum protection.

If Armorresists + Conresists = 200, than you can't get any better resists.

About the bones, if you got 114 Resist and put bones in which raise that resists than you should have better protection.

Chaplin
24-09-04, 12:53
At the end of the day, youve got a spy with 70 specced energy resist in constitution, youll only need 44 in armour to get to 114 energy resist.

You seriously think 114 is the TOTAL resist cap, talking CON and armor??
omg 8|

If not... dont make it sound you do :rolleyes:

naimex
24-09-04, 12:53
mate, take your armour values + bone values + specced con values.

and see what number you get.

if in total it equals 114 youll have the soft cap, if it is in total over 130 say, youll be getting "better" resists.

as sigma says.. dont add the bone values to the skill values

its something along the lines of :

bone resist + armor resists + something along the lines of 0.66 + squareroot of armor minus A times B divided with C times D times E divided with F = total armor

with a lot of it in groups () resulting in your totalarmor value or something like that.. and then to find the resists you take this totalarmor value you made and negate the values from armor and bones then you should get your resist value...

EDIT :
-Most believed skill cap is 114
-Most believed total armor cap is 200

the skill cap of 114 is equal to 119 according to the above mentioned calculation if you use all the right values which i for smokers sake havent given.

and if we say the armor cap is 200 as it is also stated according to same persons calculations then it would require only 81 armor + bone resists to reach max cap.

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 12:54
as sigma says.. dont add the bone values to the skill values

its something along the lines of :

bone resist + armor resists + something along the lines of 0.66 + squareroot of armor minus A times B divided with C times D times E divided with F = total armor

with a lot of it in groups () resulting in your totalarmor value or something like that.. and then to find the resists you take this totalarmor value you made and negate the values from armor and bones then you should get your resist value...

in a tanks case as ive already said, it stops at 114 in constitution.

but in a spys case, who cant ever get 114 in con, its best just to combine the two totals.

Skill managers are best, and just generally testing the results

naimex
24-09-04, 12:56
in a tanks case as ive already said, it stops at 114 in constitution.

but in a spys case, who cant ever get 114 in con, its best just to combine the two totals.

Skill managers are best, and just generally testing the results

just edited it, whilst you replied ;)

but skillmanagers arent "THE WAY IT IS" itīs more like guidelines..

Clownst0pper
24-09-04, 12:59
just edited it, whilst you replied ;)

but skillmanagers arent "THE WAY IT IS" itīs more like guidelines..

alot of the time I spec my characters to have a Heat 3/Haz 3.

It allows to free up so many points.

The best way, is to generally work out a setup on your character using a skill manager, then test it in game.

You can often tell after several OP fights what needs uping or lowering.

Well, im sure most OP worthy people can if theyve played long enough.

naimex
24-09-04, 13:01
alot of the time I spec my characters to have a Heat 3/Haz 3.

It allows to free up so many points.

The best way, is to generally work out a setup on your character using a skill manager, then test it in game.

You can often tell after several OP fights what needs uping or lowering.

Well, im sure most OP worthy people can if theyve played long enough.

yes absolutely, the skillmanager can give you a pretty good setup, and then as you just said, you can test it out some times, and fix the things that are wrong.. most people can see if they need more of this or more of that, and only very inexperienced people will have severe difficulties adjusting the skills...

However some people make setups that they think are good, and many people have had success with.. (cookie cutter setups)..

but if you dont give it your own touch, it just wont fit you, and the second you have a setup that fits you.. then no matter how screwed up it is compared to others, then you will have success with it, because it will be matched to your playstyle..

BroHam
24-09-04, 13:02
ok so at 114 natrual con stops taking effect and need the other 96 points to cap the Resist % of damage taken to be caped basiclly? So most classes except a tank will never see max resist unless they devote all there con to it.

as for the CST question I was hoping for some more input from you players from personal experiance I already know the "released" formula but I really think something in dexc and str takes effect on slots. Mainly from all these people with there tank constructers. Ive seen them (tanks) make some pretty shabby quality % on dmg.freq.hand.rang, but like always get 3 or 4 slots.

naimex
24-09-04, 13:08
ok so at 114 natrual con stops taking effect and need the other 96 points to cap the Resist % of damage taken to be caped basiclly? So most classes except a tank will never see max resist unless they devote all there con to it.

uhm no..

at implants + skill = skillvalue in resists of 114 then con resists stop having an effect. then armor goes on top of that, but from the value 119 because 114 = 119 and then it goes up to 200.

So if you get to 114 resist skill then you only need 81 armor + bone resist to cap resists.

most PEs can go way above a tanks resists because of Deflector and Shelter.

BroHam
24-09-04, 18:40
to me that doesnt make ay sense but ill take your word on it, of course PE pwn con setup that why they ownzor the melee TY DB!

naimex
24-09-04, 18:51
to me that doesnt make ay sense but ill take your word on it, of course PE pwn con setup that why they ownzor the melee TY DB!

the reason PEs CAN go above tanks in defense is, that when total armor is all up and running in the red field, then you can just jazz it up above that roof with a shelter and a better deflector than the tanks...

and PEs can SELFBUFF the shelter.. a tank has to have it foreign so a tank cant go as high on the same buffs as the PE.. but if we go up to holy (ppu buffs) then the tank regains control of the defense field. because then they are both foreign buffed.

LiL T
24-09-04, 21:02
114 resist gives 72% protection around about
200 resist gives 76% protection which is cap

say you get hit for 250 damage with 200 in resist which leaves 60 damage remaining and thats befor S/D is taking into account

250 damage with 114 resist 72% protection which leaves 70 damage

so is there much point in going above say 125 ? nope I don't think so :) doing your self more harm tbh better speccing health and athletics

With buffs and 114 resist 250 damage turns into roughly just 21 damage nice lots of damage absorbed !

Of coarse thats if I did the maths correctly