PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Pre order

WickedAngel
24-09-04, 01:39
I pre ordered and havent gotten any info on how to pay or what will happen when NC2 comes out. I know that the 26th is supposed to be the last transfer date... does anyone know this for sure. :wtf: I thought i would have gotten an email about it ... or soon. Anyone know?

SyncError
24-09-04, 01:47
Yeah, we're supposed to get an email 3 weeks before NC2 goes retail...

...but that's supposed to be 3 days after the servers go down this weekend (46 hours away from the time of this post).

So... *shrug*

But yes the servers for Neocron go down at 12:00 am Sunday morning, just after the Saturday night events occur. At that time, the server databases will be copied and readied to either be transferred to NC2 or NC Classic.

Ultima
24-09-04, 01:58
EDIT/; i've just done some digging and this is how it seems to be. On the 26th your characters will be moved into the NC Classic database, your characters will take your QB items, implanted items and worn items only.

You can play your characters in NC Classic and can upgrade to NC2 at a later date (atleast till they state a deadline)

At this point, your NC Classic character will be deleted and the saved version from the 26th will be upgraded into NC2.

I take this information from this statement....:
5. Concerning the character transfer: All characters will be transferred into a big database at an appointed date. During this transfer, all the possession of the characters will be removed, except for the items in the quickbelt, the worn armor and implants. Players will be able to either move these characters to the Neocron Classic server or upgrade them to Neocron 2. While the characters transferred to NC Classic remain in this database, characters upgraded to NC2 will be deleted from this database to prevent them from being loaded from that backup again. All other characters remain in the database and can be upgraded at a later time. So even if a player wants to do the upgrade to NC2 sometime after the release, his character data will represent the status of the appointed date. This is also the case if the character has been played on the Neocron Classic server in the meantime. We will announce the date for this transfer at the end of this month. As the current Neocron servers have to be merged into the Neocron Classic server, there is unfortunately no way around this. The monthly fees for Neocron Classic remain at the level of the current Neocron fees.

from this post.....:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=107429

Thx Joran for pointing out my misunderstanding

joran420
24-09-04, 02:29
On the 29th all characters from NC1 will of been moved to the NC Classic Database, they will remain there in NC Classic until the day YOU decide to move them into NC2

ummm you sure about that??? I think you will have to create a new char on NC classic i dont think you can tweak yer char for teh t ransfer after the 26th at all

can u pls link where you heard that?

Radamez
24-09-04, 02:52
From the Planfile:

The character transfers to Neocron 2 will be handled through a web interface. What servers the characters were on plays no role at all. As already mentioned, all characters will be transferred to a big database and then to the server(s) of your choice.

This suggests they'll be stored in a seperate database until you choose to transfer to NC classic or NC2.

Spreading misinformation is bad mmkay?

Radamez
24-09-04, 03:10
EDIT/; i've just done some digging and this is how it seems to be. On the 26th your characters will be moved into the NC Classic database

As I understood the statement, Your character will only be moved into NC Classic "database" if you choose it to be. Want to go straight to NC 2? then you upgrade from the original backup database, not nc classic.

Ultima
24-09-04, 03:21
As I understood the statement, Your character will only be moved into NC Classic "database" if you choose it to be. Want to go straight to NC 2? then you upgrade from the original backup database, not nc classic.

From the statement I read it as, everyones characters get recorded on the 26th, as of the 29th you can move your characters to NC Classic or NC2.

If you move them to NC Classic you can still move them into NC2 at a later date but when you do they will be imported into NC2 as they were from the 26th and then be deleted both in NC Classic and the original recorded version. As of the 26th all items not in the QB, implanted or currently worn will be deleted regardless.

If you move straight to NC2 then its a straight story, simple conversion.

Radamez
24-09-04, 03:33
From the statement I read it as, everyones characters get recorded on the 26th, as of the 29th you can move your characters to NC Classic or NC2.

Yep, but that's not what you said up top is it? :p

You gave the impression the initial move to NC classic was compulsory, whereas it's actually a choice. Not that it matters a great deal, it's just these things tend to cause unnecessary confusion.

Ultima
24-09-04, 03:50
Only trying to help, even if between us we've made it a bit more clearer then we've no doubt help someone.

Always plenty of headless chickens running about at a time like this, leaving things to the last minute :)