PDA

View Full Version : [Website] I Need Ideas!

Tratos
23-09-04, 21:51
Well my website www.broken-reality.org (http://www.broken-reality.org) is well shite especialy at the moment as ive taken down the old homepage as it never had anything on it anyway and im stuck for ideas on what to base a website on so i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions that i could perhaps work on for somthing to do (i have the webspace for me to practise webdesign and stuff so just a project for me to work on)

so ummm any suggestions on what the fuck i can do? lol

Old homepage (http://www.broken-reality.org/oldindex.html) also what you guys think about the colours and stuff or do you think i need a change?

Any suggestions are welcome aslong as there not for pr0n :p im bored and i need somthign to do.

Teh Whine.

Heavyporker
23-09-04, 21:56
Didn't look so bad, actually...

But if you want some changes, how about changing white background to orange?

It'd look almost Neocronisque, I bet... That'd be great, total bitchout part of forums that KK won't let here, maybe some area for screenshots and such that people could upload to...

What's broken-reality all about? If it's only forums, then there's not really all that much I could suggest other than maybe getting links for other forums, maybe, on special topics, you know... You mentioned homesite... what about including more about yourself and your interests?

Spermy
23-09-04, 21:56
If your an arty type - use it as a portfolio page - BR is a GREAT name for a site.

If you do music - same deal - Might be an idea to pick up a new tool and learn it - post the best pieces on the page. Never know when it could help with a uni application/Job :angel:

Tratos
23-09-04, 22:03
Didn't look so bad, actually...

But if you want some changes, how about changing white background to orange?

It'd look almost Neocronisque, I bet... That'd be great, total bitchout part of forums that KK won't let here, maybe some area for screenshots and such that people could upload to...

What's broken-reality all about? If it's only forums, then there's not really all that much I could suggest other than maybe getting links for other forums, maybe, on special topics, you know... You mentioned homesite... what about including more about yourself and your interests?
Hmm... i may have a look at changing to orange background possibly could be a NC site of somesort..

Broken-Reality, well i just picked the name as me and a friend were originally going to do a webcomic based around our lives but ofcourse exagarate it, lol and well the name sort of fits in with my constant frame of mind, lol

If your an arty type - use it as a portfolio page - BR is a GREAT name for a site.

If you do music - same deal - Might be an idea to pick up a new tool and learn it - post the best pieces on the page. Never know when it could help with a uni application/Job :angel:
Unfortunatly, lol im neither :p

I get my friend to do the graphics as im a very low lvl nib when it comes to photoshop but im sort of learning.

thanks for ideas so far i will take them into consideration.

any more out there?

garyu69
23-09-04, 22:06
its a nice web link for a Blog :D

I think you should have a blog on that page. Blogs are great (mine www.garyu69.com) and then you can always build stuff around it.

DO IT NOW!!!

Tratos
23-09-04, 22:10
its a nice web link for a Blog :D

I think you should have a blog on that page. Blogs are great (mine www.garyu69.com (http://www.garyu69.com/)) and then you can always build stuff around it.

DO IT NOW!!!interesting, i was thinking about possibly do somthing like this....

what blogging prog do you use on yours?

/me investigates

EDIT: btw AHAHA :lol: :lol:
http://www.garyu69.com/hippo.jpg

garyu69
23-09-04, 22:12
I use scratchlog which uses php/MySQL to work. Can be downloaded here http://www.scratchforward.com/scratchlog

Blogs are sexy and the way forward

Ascension
23-09-04, 22:37
Try the attachment I loaded in the background there Tratos m8..

it needs tiling obviously tell me what ya think.. that white is too bright imo ;)

Tratos
23-09-04, 22:43
Thanks Asc mate :) thing is it looks good but...heh

when i got my friend to make the image before i sliced it i got him to do it on a white background, lol so i'll have to get him to change that, lol

With the tiled metal grate (sorry for low quality)

http://www.broken-reality.org/misc/site.GIF

SynC_187
23-09-04, 23:10
You enter picture is a bitmap. Thats a big no for a start. Page doesn't look too bad. Needs content :p

Tratos
23-09-04, 23:13
You enter picture is a bitmap. Thats a big no for a start. Page doesn't look too bad. Needs content :poh yeah i know, lol sorry i was testing the look and subconciously uploaded it :p lol

damn lack of concentration

edit/ changed

edit// turned theme back on on the forums, any thoughts on the theme im using?

Scarus
23-09-04, 23:25
Okay, basicly im the PSP user who pretends to be good :p

So design ideas will go to me and I'll spend about 6 month farting about until Tratos kicks me in the nuts and makes me do work... git, lol

Good idea gary although your site does my head in, that background is like some crazy optical illusion to me and messes with my eyes :wtf: it's like one of those magic pictures i cant help but stare!

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated, I would use it for my personal portfolio.. but since it's not my webspace and I'm lazy then that wont be used!

We were first thinking webcomic, then b3taresque and now we're just pleading to people for things! please... put us out of our misery, lol

-Scarus

Richard Slade
23-09-04, 23:25
Well with your name it's either factoidz or drugs that you can choose from

garyu69
24-09-04, 02:17
although your site does my head in, that background is like some crazy optical illusion to me and messes with my eyes :wtf: it's like one of those magic pictures i cant help but stare!
hehe, could have been worse i nearly put something up as a background that would have caused instant headache :D

Heavyporker
24-09-04, 08:28
Really?

Hm.

I remember those old third-eye backgrounds... they rocked so much...

you know, where you cross your eyes or let them drift apart just a bit, and suddenly you see a 3d background.

teh pwn.

Ascension
24-09-04, 08:51
Tratos m8.. for the forum make the metalic strip cross the whole header.. and then the skin is sweet.. ;)

naimex
24-09-04, 10:52
EDIT : Nope I canīt do it like I wanted to.