PDA

View Full Version : Broken arm

jiga
23-09-04, 15:03
Unfortunately I broke my arm yesterday which means that my arm has to be in a cast for 4-5 weeks so I can't use my mouse. I don't want to stop playing neocron, so does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do in Neocron that does not require the use of my mouse and keyboard at the same time?

Genty
23-09-04, 15:04
Be a tradeskiller.

jiga
23-09-04, 15:15
is there any way of using keys to look around and move the cursor instead of using the mouse?

SilentEye
23-09-04, 15:21
How did you broke your arm? Any video's of the happening? :D

jiga
23-09-04, 15:38
How did you broke your arm? Any video's of the happening? :D
i was playing rugby and i tackled somebody. their hip landed on my arm and broke the upper bone (if u have ur thumb pointing upwards)

Original monk
23-09-04, 15:38
an eye guided system is the solution here, altough i dont wonna know what they cost, alot is my guess

http://www.eyegaze.com/PRODUCTS.htm

also note the military usage of this technology ..

jiga
23-09-04, 15:42
i tried to assign the turn left/right to Q and E but it doesn't work

Spermy
23-09-04, 16:04
When I broke the old armage - I used to rest the cast on the mouse and use my little finger to click - didn't work a whole lot, but better than nowt :)

Hope ya can use it soon dude

winnoc
23-09-04, 16:09
Invert mouse buttons, play with left hand.
Then start a new monk character and cap int and dex poking in plaza while your arm heals up :-)

jiga
23-09-04, 16:19
Invert mouse buttons, play with left hand.
Then start a new monk character and cap int and dex poking in plaza while your arm heals up :-)
i thought that u didnt get much xp from poking :confused:

winnoc
23-09-04, 16:33
I think you still get good xp from poking other people.
Plus do it for a few weeks in a row, all day long and see how much you get :-)

Darken
23-09-04, 17:17
Try the Q E thing again but i also thing theres a windows feature that lets you controle the mouse cursor with the numpad, might be helpfull, poor you =(

jiga
23-09-04, 18:15
Try the Q E thing again but i also thing theres a windows feature that lets you controle the mouse cursor with the numpad, might be helpfull, poor you =(
i can't get the turn left/right thing to work. the numpad thing is a bit slow but thnx anyway

Ascension
23-09-04, 18:32
I think you still get good xp from poking other people.
Plus do it for a few weeks in a row, all day long and see how much you get :-)

http://winnoc.be/$4death.jpg

im just making sure your 37 pixel oversize gets pwned.. like mine did..

oh and Giga man.. heall that mofo and invert ya mouse and play left handed :)

jiga
23-09-04, 18:47

good thing im left handed the isnt it

Clownst0pper
23-09-04, 18:58

ascention, load up your signature, and click edit image size, click on restrain proportions, then reduce the size.

It will reduce the size without quality loss, and will still look uber.

Simple, sorted.

Ascension
23-09-04, 19:21
ascention, load up your signature, and click edit image size, click on restrain proportions, then reduce the size.

It will reduce the size without quality loss, and will still look uber.

Simple, sorted.

naw m8 dont work the text turns into a de-pixelized mess.. :(

you live in the peak district.. near ashbourne?

jiga
23-09-04, 23:05
noooooo!!!!!!!!!!! forgot about the event tomorow. better not require any skill

Ascension
23-09-04, 23:09
noooooo!!!!!!!!!!! forgot about the event tomorow. better not require any skill

OMG CAPTAIN PLANET :lol:

Ozambabbaz
23-09-04, 23:45
saw a one armed guy once in a netcafé playing CS using the stump of his right to manipulate the mouse, he was pretty good with the awp, but sucked in close range =P

alltho i've seen pics of someone on this board with a mouse jammed in their mouth, so i'm thinking, u can do that, tape a pencil to your nose, gotta be a long one 'cuz u'll be using ur eyebrows, squinting, to jot the pencil down on the mouse buttons, while the tongue operates the mouse-ball

if it's an optical, u'd want to wrap some plastic pvc on ur tongue to improvise an icemat, remember to give us pics!

jiga
24-09-04, 09:55
OMG CAPTAIN PLANET :lol:
has anyone seen that cartoon?

metalangel
24-09-04, 10:49
You know those little knobbly button-pusher things you have on laptops? My laptop calls it a 'stick'... I've seen them sold on a mouse, so you could get one and just like put it where the finger on your fucked arm can reach, and it just requires minor movement of your finger to work like a total mouse (and you tap your finger to click)

From the SOVIET UNION (that's how old the cartoon is), Linka, with the power of BEING ABSOLUTE FILTH AND TAKING IT UP THE BACK PASSAGE ON HER WEBCAM.

LINKA: Go Keyptin Plinnet!

jiga
24-09-04, 13:06
ive now got my permanent cast on and i got to choose the colour of it. beware of my black cast of doom :angel:

EDIT: btw it goes over my elbow and up my arm so it is stuck at a 90 degree angle

jiga
24-09-04, 18:29
:mad: i log onto beta with my melee tank using only the finger tips of my broken arm and then i randomly get transported to plaza 1 from doy. i end up killing 5 people by yos and then i get killed by the guards :rolleyes:

Samhain
24-09-04, 20:06
Get the microsoft sidewinder thing, it does voice recognition, and you can annoy the fuck out of everyone in your household by yelling "left, left, fire, fire, fire, fire, left!"

jiga
24-09-04, 20:33
Get the microsoft sidewinder thing, it does voice recognition, and you can annoy the fuck out of everyone in your household by yelling "left, left, fire, fire, fire, fire, left!"
I'm not that desperate. Btw everyone don't take your health for granted because I've learned that I use my arm for more than I thought I did and I'm fed up with it after just a couple of days. *sigh* just another 5 weeks to go :(