PDA

View Full Version : Source(s) of good traffic to website

FBI
23-09-04, 11:51
Hya, I just started an online business (well, my first serious one you could say)
and I'm trying to find the best traffic dealer for targeted hits and/or opt-in mailings.

Now, I've already signed up for google's adwords, submitted my site to alot of
search engines, directories, did some link trades with high PR websites, so now I
want to test these traffic dealers and see if they are another valid traffic source
for my site that will make a turnover.

My site's categories are Business - >Job/Career/Employment

What would really help is if people can give suggestions based on their experience
with all the different traffic methods, like their results with PPC sites and
google's adwords.

I know most of the 10,000 Unique Hit packages being sold out there are bull,
and most of the traffic sites just buy from another source and take the profit,
meaning they suck and i pay more.

Any help/tips/suggestions/experience/feedback/results would be well appreciated!

Parad0x -FBI

naimex
23-09-04, 12:00
itīs a simple and maybe old fashioned way, but you could just meta it, with all words you can think off that matches your business and the products in it..

Donīt know if that automatically gets you on the search sites tho...

FBI
23-09-04, 12:09
itīs a simple and maybe old fashioned way, but you could just meta it, with all words you can think off that matches your business and the products in it..

Donīt know if that automatically gets you on the search sites tho...
Yeah I've done that, but that's not the point. I'm talking about paying traffic
dealers for targeted hits. (example, someone looking for a job goes to their web-site
and upon leaving their site, mine pops-under)

Everyone knows the easiest way to get added to the search engine is to add
your link to a site that's already in the same engine. When their spider(s) re-crawl
a site, they gather the new links and add them to the engine(s).

Anyway, I need other sources of traffic, not just search engine and listings. I
need a more aggressive approach (ie no waiting around, people start comming)

Parad0x -FBI

garyu69
23-09-04, 12:18
If a sites pops up or under then that would = instant closure for me, not that that would happen anyway as i have pop up blockers :p

Don't advertise in a way that will annoy your customers and popping up is one sure fire way to annoy them.

naimex
23-09-04, 14:33
If a sites pops up or under then that would = instant closure for me, not that that would happen anyway as i have pop up blockers :p

Don't advertise in a way that will annoy your customers and popping up is one sure fire way to annoy them.

not to mention service pack 2, automatically blocks most pop ups..

Dirk_Gently
23-09-04, 14:53
I started my online business 3 weeks ago and have found that the only effective way is to advertise by word of mouth. Too many people hate online adverts and search engines are hacked to buggery.

BTW Strategi Online (http://www.strategionline.co.uk).....Like Cheese only better :p

Vampire222
23-09-04, 14:55
Buy a 10 million emails spam package, and start spamming :D

hinch
23-09-04, 15:43
if your offering job listing services etc for agnecies etc i'd try listing some jobs available on your website on other recruitment websites with the ad stating "check here for more details" linking to your site.

cross linking across high pr sites is the best way to get up the search engine rankings.

if you like gimmie a 468x60 banner and i'll stick it on furious-angels.com for you free of charge also

if you want a banner/referal system to track clickthrough etc on links/banners you put on other sites i'd recomment you check out phpnewads on sourceforge

cRazy2003
23-09-04, 16:39
try www.trafficswarm.com
its a viral advertisement program, check it out it works for me very well.
its free too :p

Dribble Joy
23-09-04, 18:12
Advertise on high traffic sites.
I would say Penny Arcade, but they kinda stick to game sites and stuff.