PDA

View Full Version : OMFG Dawn of War comming out tomorrow!!!

shodanjr_gr
23-09-04, 03:14
Possibly the best strategy game ive ever played, its being released tomorrow. The only game ive been arsed to preorder!!!!

Go and get it!!!!

Who will be playing online?

Oath
23-09-04, 03:18
Depends on exactly what measures they take to stop piracy tbh...

I may buy it but i'll wanna try the full product first.

Samhain
23-09-04, 10:47
Damn, worst timing in the world... all my credit cards are maxed

curse you paintball, curse you

Weaponizer
23-09-04, 11:05
Its already out *cough* :D

Judge
23-09-04, 11:50
I've got it on pre-order from amazon.

I'm definitely going to be playing (and losing) online once I get the hang of it... I'll probably complete the single player first, and get to grips with the other three races in the skirmish mode thingy first.

I like the look of the Orks and Eldar.... but I love the way that the space marine buildings fall from orbit... its so fucking cool lol. :D

Richard Slade
23-09-04, 12:28
I'm actually considering to pay for this too tbh.. gotta be the first non-MMO in... what, 3 years? More?
*cough* That's because I don't play anything but MMO's *cough*

(Last game bought: "Z: Steel Soldiers")

Clownst0pper
23-09-04, 12:43
shame im skint at uni....although i do have 35 pounds in my account..... :p

Sigma
23-09-04, 12:56
DoW is a must buy, at least for me.

The 1st strategy game which had me hooked up right from the start since StarCraft.

Clownst0pper
23-09-04, 12:59
DoW is a must buy, at least for me.

The 1st strategy game which had me hooked up right from the start since StarCraft.

I just cant w8 to play Eldar, although its a shame the only 1 player campaign is Space Marines :(

Sigma
23-09-04, 13:15
Some of us are also waiting for the 1st mods, especially 'Nids and in my case Necrons.

Ozambabbaz
23-09-04, 13:25
Some of us are also waiting for the 1st mods, especially 'Nids and in my case Necrons.

i'd figure they'd be wanting to release races in expansions, seeing they "only" fork out 4 in DoW.

picking it up tomorrow nevertheless, mustav watched the demo intro 30 times by now :D

Sigma
23-09-04, 13:31
[...]mustav watched the demo intro 30 times by now :D

Same here. :D

Omnituens
23-09-04, 13:56
i'll get it in a few weeks after a few paychecks have come in.

Asurmen Spec Op
23-09-04, 14:34
not getting DOW and I am a real 40k player. but they said it wont be a game where ya make men 10 feet behind the front in 30seconds.... and yet what do i see????? i used to like relic but not anymore
blitzkreig > dawnofwar

Judge
23-09-04, 16:54
They're going for a fast paced action RTS.... something that is really lacking in the market atm. Personally I think that it captures the viciousness of the 40k universe perfectly.

With expansions for extra races and shit its going to be awesome. :D

shodanjr_gr
23-09-04, 17:03
Heheheh ive heard rumors about the first expansion being Tau and teh Nids.

For the greater good!!!!!!

/me is off to paint some fire warriors :P

Clownst0pper
23-09-04, 17:24
are tyranids still going?

there my favourite race next to eldar.... :(

Judge
23-09-04, 17:42
Tau.... omg Tau would be so fucking awesome in DoW.

Oh, and I looked at my Amazon account listing... DoW got dispatched today. So hopefully I'll get it either tomorrow or Saturday. :D :o

Clownst0pper
23-09-04, 17:50
Tau.... omg Tau would be so fucking awesome in DoW.

Oh, and I looked at my Amazon account listing... DoW got dispatched today. So hopefully I'll get it either tomorrow or Saturday. :D :o

Anyone know Carnifex? He sooo stole his name from a Tyranid unit!

OMG h4x!!!

Yeah tau would be uber, still think eldar own tho :D

MrChumble
23-09-04, 18:03
This is the only game I've been really genuinely excited about for years. I even worked overtime today so I could leave work early tomorrow to buy it :D

I'm in love with just the demo, and the full game has soooo much more by the look of it. That's 3 games in a row Relic have made that I've loved, I think they've pushed id aside (specially after doom3) as my favourite dev team. Fanboi me :)

Judge
24-09-04, 16:41
Amazon RULE!

Got it this morning and I'm just installing it atm, back from school. :D

Unfortunately I've got a weekend of work ahead of me, so not too much DoW playing will be possible. :(