PDA

View Full Version : Meh scanner

Dribble Joy
22-09-04, 21:06
My scanner (or rather something in the drivers somewhere) isn't working.
Been working fine untill a few days ago, reinstalled and everything.
Whenever I tell it to scan, it comes up with two errors, the first is 'Have you plugged in your scanner etc.' and the second says;

'TWAIN Error
Failed to open TWAIN driver'

I kinda need my scanner a lot and this isn't usefull.
It's a USB scanner btw.

Oath
22-09-04, 21:18
I thought you meant a police scanner........

hax tbh.

Remove the drivers, unplug the scanner, install the drivers, plug in the scanner.

Failing that use the updated drivers from the manufacturers (i know i can't spell today) website.

Dumb one here, make sure it's plugged in.

Spermy
22-09-04, 21:49
Make sure ya port isn't wonky - thanks to the joys of a tight budget - I've got a time computer on payment plan. - Couldn't afford to build one at the time before uni.

It did come with 4 USB slots and a smart media bay with allosrts of slots and another usb - Only 2 work now for some reason -

Check all your ports are active in device manager - that usually seems to be my problem.

EDIT TWAIN = Technology without an interesting name! Best analogy EVAR! :lol:

Retro V
22-09-04, 21:59
You know what a TWAIN driver is right ? It's kind of a generic driver for all imaging devices like scanners and digital cameras .

Maybe it just needs reinstalling .

cRazy2003
22-09-04, 23:27
probably just needs a reinstall.

-Demon-
22-09-04, 23:35
Ditto as everyone else install the twain drivers and scanner ones again...had the same before the scanner came flying off the top of a load of stuff in moving van about 2 metres onto the driveway...

Funnyly enough it wasn't the twain drivers that were the problem after that :lol:

Dribble Joy
24-09-04, 14:35
Where can I get the twain drivers, I looked on google, but they all seem to be for specific types of hardware.
I have reinstalled the scanner program several times, to no avail.

winnoc
24-09-04, 14:53
It's not the TWAIN drivers, just download the drivers for you scanner from the manufacturer's website.

Also if you have XP pro, instead of home, you can do a system restore to the status your computer was a few days ago.