PDA

View Full Version : A few serious questions

ShadowStriker
21-09-04, 20:37
Ok, I've heard retail is coming out in less than a week, and I've also heard that n2/bdoy is far from retail polished. Anyways if both are true, it means KK is up for some big dissapointment, as any MMORPG company should now know that the customers aka your $ will not put up with any more unfinished, bug-filled, and basically time sinkholes products you call video games.

Now I'm not trying to insult you, I've been with Neocron since the original Beta and have had much fun with it through the years. And I think I and the rest of the customer database deserve some honest answers.

A) How close is nc2/bdoy engine debugged?
B) How close is the n2/body world/sector map polished?
C) How much longer will beta for nc2/bdoy really be lasting?
D) When should we REALISTICALLY expect nc2/bdoy to hit shelves?

Lexxuk
21-09-04, 20:45
if you've been with NC that long you'll know the reg's have put up with a buggy unfinished product for 2 years already

ShadowStriker
21-09-04, 20:53
by regs, do you mean the regulators
or the regular customers
I for one will most likely not have the money automatically when nc2/bdoy hits shelves, so I will most likely just be following the forum threads closely
I know there is a lot of fake/amusing threads on the beta forum right now, but I don't think anyone will be laughing when they are throwing down their dollar for an unfinished product

Darken
21-09-04, 20:54
ye,

I hope its nice and rdy and sexy and sweet when it goes online like on 30th.

But ye just so less days left, so many bugs to fix and look at NC1 how it went retail ^^

Still keep the hope up :p

Lexxuk
21-09-04, 21:12
or the regular customers
I for one will most likely not have the money automatically when nc2/bdoy hits shelves, so I will most likely just be following the forum threads closely
I know there is a lot of fake/amusing threads on the beta forum right now, but I don't think anyone will be laughing when they are throwing down their dollar for an unfinished product

the regulars, the people that pay for a game with active bugs and unfinished gameplay since beta ;)

Doc Holliday
21-09-04, 21:19

lol gone but not forgotton :)

ShadowStriker
22-09-04, 07:07
I would really like an official answer from KK here. As they have made it a habit of decieving their customer base in the past. I for one will not be handing out any money for an unfinished product.

For 1 theres still that bug where you alt+tab out and you can't recast defensive spells or boosters
For 2 You still get stuck in zonelines in permasynch
For 3 I still get FTD's about 2-3 a day and I only play a couple hours a day if that
4) got the bug where you cant right click anything in zone, where you have to relog, this one is basically evil during OP fights where you need to use the gogu

3 bugs that have been around since Beta and seem to be getting nowhere near fixed

BTW
this thread is an open declaration, if you plan to release another unfinished, buggy product like NC1 was, plan on a dead city, sort of how like Nc1 is now

NeoChick
22-09-04, 07:45
I have my gripes with KK too, but I do not believe that they 'deceive' people, on the contrary, I have always found them very honest and straight forward.
Sometimes they have big plans and don't quite make it, but I do not believe it is ill will, simply they overestimated themselves. And they do that a lot, I agree.

I get raving mad at times too. But in general, I have not found a game that I love as much as Neocron, with all its bugs and faults. I also believe that there are a lot of people that feel that way, so no, I don't think the cities will be all that empty in NC2.

Candaman
22-09-04, 09:15
when closed beta went to open beta there was 300mb's worth of patches that were applied i don't doubt kk have got the same plan for nc2