PDA

View Full Version : Why can't use spell? help

NeoChick
21-09-04, 14:40
OK I bought these PPU spells, creature focus etc.
My ppu skill is 94
The spells say I need 90, however it is yellow, don't know why

But if my skill is 94 then how come can't I use the 90 spell?
My 94 skill is due to implant which gives me 5 PPU skill points, but isn't that what the implant is for, to raise your skill? Otherwise why have it?

oh, forgot to mention, the spells show white in my belt, not red, wouldn't that mean I can use them? But when I want to equip them it says 'you can't use that yet'

Sakletare
21-09-04, 15:04
The yellow is because you don't have the base skill to use it but can with imps. The rest i don't know, if it's white you should be able to use it. I've had the same problem with synaptic impairment after GR sometimes when i'm just able to use a spell but can't, it goes away for me when the si goes down another 2% though.

athon
21-09-04, 15:09
Do you have enough psi pool to use the spell?

Athon Solo

Sakletare
21-09-04, 15:14
Do you have enough psi pool to use the spell?
If you get the message 'you can't use that, yet' you can't draw it at all, if you don't have the mana you can draw it but can't fire.

|R@zor|
21-09-04, 17:13
Yes, it seems like you dont have the mana to cast it, look at the show info screen for the spell, some show the amount of mana needed to cast but some dont.

I think Creature Focus spells take a fair chunk of mana to cast.

Edit: Ahh it does show the mana needed, PSI Energy: 96 for Blessed Creature Focus.

jnky
21-09-04, 22:56
Its a bug i get sometimes after using a gr or even from zoning. I've never worked out how to get rid of it and after time it sorts itself out.

sometimes it tells me the same thing on trying to loot or opening doors, but i mainly get it alot when trying to use imp reliant spells.
(it seems to be imp reliant spells only for me)

I've never quite worked it out and it tends to fix itself during play but yeh it can be a pain in the arse, sorry i cant help, just letting you know your not alone. :(

Rexel
22-09-04, 00:01
Check the PSI Energy needed to use the spell. It can be found when you right click the spell and click on "show info". near the bottom left of the info box will have PSI Effect and PSI Energy listed. You must also meet these requirements (as well as the Tech Level ) to be able to use the spell. The crafted spells do not show these two fields, however. :( dunno why. Hope this helps.
Also, after you GR, you have skill impairment that prevents you from using the spell for a time. Don't know why zoning would do the same thing, it shouldn't. Can't help with that one.

NS_CHROME54
22-09-04, 00:06
i would always get a strange bug on my PE after dying and being rezzed, where it wouldn't let me use all my weapons and imps and armour, even tho it would show they should be useable. Zoning fixed it.