PDA

View Full Version : Neocronicle Special V2.1

Arbiter
21-09-04, 00:14
Now it's my turn. Thanks to Dr. Laura Snyder and Walter Sublett for proofreading. :)

Have fun!

---

Neocronicle Special V2.1

Negotiations with Fallen Angels successful

As reported in the last issue there have been negotiations between representatives of the city and representatives of the peaceful part of the Fallen Angels. Our Cities representatives have been trying to get the recently captured Dome Of York bomb blueprints from these Fallen Angels and they have now succeeded.
„In response to the cooperation of the Fallen Angels, we've offered asylum to the peaceful members inside the city“, explained Susan Swift, a speaker of the City Administration. "The Fallen Angels are divided when it comes to the question of their role in this war. Our partners feared that assassination attempts on them and their families just because they spoke with us. To strengthen the security and safety of our city, we asked them to get us these blueprints."
The blueprints are still encrypted, but Miss Swift implied that the algorithms of the Dome are known and decoding then will be easy. „It's merely a matter of time till we can use these plans to our advantage.“
Besides that we've had hints that the CityAdmin wants to take care of the situation in TechHaven as soon as they have enough resources available - Currently they are concentrating all their forces on the war against the Dome. Unverified rumours say there are plans to convert TechHaven into a free marketplace, whatever that means.
The success of the negotiations was only possible due to the large amount of work undertaken by Henry Dorsett, the Faction Counsellor of NExT. Because of the good relations between Next and the Fallen angels Henry was appointed as chief negotiator for this task. It also seems that Henry Dorset will get something in return: „As there will be some changes in the organisation of the city soon“, said Dorsett, „I will probably take a new position and take care not only of NExT but the entire city.“ He was unable to tell us what this new position would be.

Speculations about the changes in Pepper Park don't die

We've had reports that during the last week members of the Syndicate and the Dragons were again in contact with the Dome of York. It seems likely that each side wants to make the best offer to the Dome, current speculation is that they may even leave the Pepper Park and move to the Dome.
In a press release issued by Diamond Real Estate you can read some positive thoughts about it. If the Syndicate and the Dragons indeed leave, a takeover of the old buildings and clubs is indeed possible. As the criminal rate will disappear together with these two factions they can offer cheap and attractive living and exclusive entertainment there. The Brotherhood will be not problem either: They will be left on their own (after the move) and so it will be easy to take care of this dangerous sect, so says the press release.
But there are also negative voices about the possible development, On every street corner you can overhear the discussions: Aren't we driving the enemies of the city together? Isn't it better to keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer?
And indeed it could be an advantage for the Dome to have allies who know the city very well. It has also been said that Diamond's statements will drive the brotherhood into the arms of their Twilight Guardian friends, but Diamond Real Estate have pointed out, that the Brotherhood already works together with the Twilight Guardian, no matter what they say.

Tangent and NExT failed to improve the energy shield

Wesley Smedley, the project manager of Tangent Technologies announced that the current attempts to improve the energy shield have failed, this based on the results of the analysis of the samples ProtoPharm recovered near the canyon. „There are some minor improvements, but we are still some way from our goal: A shield that protects us from the Dome of York bomb“, said Smedley. „We could have achieved much more if NExT had concentrated on this project as well, but they decided that the negotiations with the untrustworthy Fallen Angels were more important. They should have learned by now that these mad scientists are working for the other side.“
Those are harsh words towards NExT. „We have sent all our experts on shield technology", a NExT press release said. "The representatives in the negotiations wouldn't have been any help in this project anyway, as they have no knowledge about shield technology.“ Smedley therefore had to backdown and Tangent Technologies pointed out that this was his personal opinion not the one of Tangent Technologies, although they share his fears that it is a mistake to trust the Fallen Angels.

ProtoPharm and BioTech on a search for a cure to radiation damage

"We at ProtoPharm are delighted to get a chance of getting rid of radiation damage, it has always been our goal to achieve this, and these samples, along with BioTech's cooperation, should bring us a long way." And everyone could see the delight on Dr. Laura Snyder's face when she announced this. She was talking about the sample of soil recently recovered near the canyon at the base of the failed energy shield project. Now, together with BioTech, they want to find a cure to radiation damage. Although this will not save us from the bomb, it will improve the quality and duration of life for us citizens if they succeed.
A Short time after this announcement the stock prices of both companies soared. Investors are advised to keep an eye on these stock values.

CityMercs in the quest for more independence

Yesterday morning we received a disturbing press release from the CityMercs which brought chaos into our office: The CityMercs announced that they will be open for business to new customers, clients who haven't been able to hire them till now. Basically this means that the enemies of our beautiful city can now hire mercenaries and use them against us.
In many corners can be heard the reproach towards the CityMercs, many people saying that they have lost all their morals. After all, the city factions paid well and hired the mercs often.
"Just the thought of opening their business to criminals like the Black Dragons is condemnable in my point of view. But really doing it at this time is a betrayal of all their recent customers!“ says a CityAdmin speaker.
The CityMercs are trying to pacify the situation. They still will not offer their service to terrorists and they won't take missions which will endanger the security of the city. But the financial situation of the Mercs didn't leave them much choice, they have had to open their business to new customers. For now they will only undertake personal security for their new customers anyway.
Despite this statement there are still people who condemn the CityMercs as being cold, and greedy for personal gain and would kill their own parents if it would bring in enough money.

Who is Art Jepherson's new flame?

Rumors reached us saying that Art Jepherson was seen with a young woman in the Chez Cypher in the Via Rosso sectors. Nobody knows who she could be and Art Jepherson couldn't be reached for a statement. The Neocronicle offers 500,000 credits for a photo which clearly identifies both Art Jepherson and his new flame. Good money for hobby photographers!
We will keep you up to date about this little love story.

Chenoa
21-09-04, 00:15
OOC:

The third and LAST Part of the Storyline of NEOCRON 1 will come.
Pls think over, that is really the last event Neocron 1 will ever see. So we really hope you all have time an will join it
It may be that some of us are a little sentimental after 2 years Neocron, but we consider it quite important to make this Event a unforgettable.

So the Event will start:

Saturday 25.09.04 - 20:00 - Uranus (http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2004&month=9&day=25&hour=18&min=0&sec=0)
Sunday 26.09.04 - 14:00 CEST - Jupiter (http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2004&month=9&day=26&hour=12&min=0&sec=0)
Sunday 26.09.04 - 17:00 CEST - Pluto (http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2004&month=9&day=26&hour=15&min=0&sec=0)
Sunday 26.09.04 - 20:00 CEST - Saturn (http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2004&month=9&day=26&hour=18&min=0&sec=0)

(the times are links and show your local time for the event)

Remember, that the Servers will go down on 26.09.04 - 00:00 CEST so it will be the last minutes on Uranus .... and then the lights goes out !

RULES:
- no belt hack (but you have to keep an eye on your own belt!!!)
- no PK in event zones (and there will be a lot of Zones!)

Greetings

Richard Slade
21-09-04, 00:18
It's indeed a sad day to come.
I hope it will go dwn in a blaze of glory...
*psst* might wanna stickify

Judge
21-09-04, 00:20
Awesome... I'll try and be there. :D

Tratos
21-09-04, 00:21
Nice read, coolage

this event sounds like its gonna be win :D

cRazy2003
21-09-04, 00:55
4th post owned

nice read too :p

evs
21-09-04, 01:30
Why on a saturday night?

People do have lives oustide computer games yknow!

Also will it be as 'well' organised as last time?

Part 2 was a disaster - and that's putting it politely!

Clive tombstone
21-09-04, 01:36
True, part two (My ryhmin is kickin like chicken :p ) was unfortnatly somewhat "chaotic" hopefully this will be better. But I have faith^^

[TgR]HusK
21-09-04, 01:38
good read arbiter, very nice indeed :)

I'm glad to see some part of the chronicle is getting back up to speed.
Hopefully I will also be av for the final event.

Keep it up! :D

Dribble Joy
21-09-04, 03:26
(ooc:Why do I get the feeling that the no pk rule will not be respected....)

Anyway, the CityMercs do not respond well to the acusations of greed and 'betrayal'.
The City factions have known all along that the Mercs are availiable to hire by near enough anyone, and our views on the Twiglet terrorists remains unchanged.
The difference now is that we hold no special significance in the previous contracts with the Neocron companies, as this war has escalated, they and CityAdmin have increasingly relied on Reezas forces and not the services of the Mercs.
As a result we are open our business acceptance spectrum to include all factions (except the twiglets).

Sigma
21-09-04, 06:40
(ooc:Why do I get the feeling that the no pk rule will not be respected....)[...]

:angel:

zii
21-09-04, 07:08
Shame, I'll be on an aeroplane then :(

Dargeshaad
21-09-04, 08:14
:angel:

I'll double that :angel: :angel:

Morpheous
21-09-04, 08:23
Thank you KK!

giga191
21-09-04, 08:56
How long will the event last? I can only be there for 2 hours

phunqe
21-09-04, 09:40
As reported in the last issue there have been negotiations between representatives of the city and representatives of the peaceful part of the Fallen Angels.

*mutters* *clenches fist*

Bah, "peaceful part".... Much I shall hear before my Quickbelt drops.
We shall see about that.

*wanders away*

Chenoa
21-09-04, 11:43
Because of a misunderstanding we have to move the Events. The Servers will go down Saturday to Sunday 00:00 exactly !

New Dates:

Saturday: 25.09.04 - 14:00 CEST - JUPITER
Saturday: 25.09.04 - 17:00 CEST - PLUTO
Saturday: 25.09.04 - 20:00 CEST - URANUS
Sunday: 26.09.04 - 18:00 CEST - SATURN

Hope to see you there !

El_MUERkO
21-09-04, 13:30
I wont be able to make it still being puterless but I hope everyone has a good time and takes loads of screenies, along time ago I said I'd be here till the servers went down and I am... kind of :(

giga191
21-09-04, 17:01
Because of a misunderstanding we have to move the Events. The Servers will go down Saturday to Sunday 00:00 exactly !

New Dates:

Friday: 24.09.04 - 20:00 CEST - SATURN
Saturday: 25.09.04 - 14:00 CEST - JUPITER
Saturday: 25.09.04 - 17:00 CEST - PLUTO
Saturday: 25.09.04 - 20:00 CEST - URANUS

Hope to see you there !
YESSSS
now i get to go to the event :)

Spermy
21-09-04, 17:57
Spermy will be ther in some form or another... Grrr. have to sort out an account again now....

Arbiter
22-09-04, 10:19
Thanks to Vithar for editing the times and links in post number 2. :)

Make sure you have checked this, not that you try to log in on sunday ;)

Judge
22-09-04, 10:25
I'm going to be logged on when the servers go down. Tearful moment. :p

[D]est
22-09-04, 17:36
For what factions is this event?
Because I was at the first event, and I got pked by everybody cus it was anti CA :mad:

Arbiter
23-09-04, 00:22
This time it is for all factions, although there are different tasks.

SyncError
23-09-04, 16:26
Speculations about the changes in Pepper Park don't die

We've had reports that during the last week members of the Syndicate and the Dragons were again in contact with the Dome of York. It seems likely that each side wants to make the best offer to the Dome, current speculation is that they may even leave the Pepper Park and move to the Dome.
In a press release issued by Diamond Real Estate you can read some positive thoughts about it. If the Syndicate and the Dragons indeed leave, a takeover of the old buildings and clubs is indeed possible. As the criminal rate will disappear together with these two factions they can offer cheap and attractive living and exclusive entertainment there...

We would never leave on our own free will.

Xiphias
23-09-04, 23:40
sigh.... am gonna be at work on both servers i would be able to attend on oh well :mad:

SypH
24-09-04, 01:23
Bugger....I'll be in work when the Saturn event is going on=/

jiga
24-09-04, 18:35
are the events still gonna be on tonite?

Judge
24-09-04, 19:59
Yeah, with the logon server down... wtf is going to happen with the events?

This is so unfortunate on KKs account. Talk about ending on a bad note. :p

Vithar
24-09-04, 22:34
The Saturn event has been moved to Sunday.

Check Chenoa's accouncement here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=112938).

Also, I edited the times in Chenoa's posts in this thread to show the new time for the Saturn event.

All other servers event time have not changed.

/edit - Updated event times in Chenoa's first post in this thread, again. ;)

V