PDA

View Full Version : I am back!

Burgeri
20-09-04, 14:38
Not that anyone noticed my absence...

Anyway, with Neocron2 just around the corner I decided to reactivate my account and see that Johnny Azure can at least try his hand at HackNet. Sadly, none of the people I used to hang out at NC seem to be around, but maybe there will be new player communities interested in post-holocaust roleplaying (as opposed to endless and pointless PvP battles).

Another disturbing sign is that the prairies are now empty. Not even little critters around anymore, let alone the mighty warbots and reptiles I used to hunt for living. But maybe NC2 will make things better.

So, the best hacker in Pluto is back! :cool:

evs
20-09-04, 14:41
0_o

hi

*reads hacker comment*

O_o

*leaves thread*

Sakletare
20-09-04, 14:41
*waits for Richard Slade to come running with his hacker*

Burgeri
20-09-04, 14:54
Hmph, some people are so sensitive to blatant self-advertising. I really should have put up a full-page ad in Neocronicle.

Anyway, I visited Pluto last night and with 17 players online I have a creeping suspicion that I was not just the best, but also the only hacker there. The player-based economy model of NC is dead.

Does anyone how many people are at NC2 on a typical night?

BaDDaSS
20-09-04, 15:02
Hmph, some people are so sensitive to blatant self-advertising. I really should have put up a full-page ad in Neocronicle.

Anyway, I visited Pluto last night and with 17 players online I have a creeping suspicion that I was not just the best, but also the only hacker there. The player-based economy model of NC is dead.

Does anyone how many people are at NC2 on a typical night?

500 - 600

Burgeri
20-09-04, 15:05
That translates to about 100 players per server. Pluto is probably getting the worst of it, again.

Shinto
20-09-04, 15:10
That translates to about 100 players per server. Pluto is probably getting the worst of it, again.
there will be no pluto in NC2

there will be 4 slot international 4 slot german and 1 slot german server

Burgeri
20-09-04, 15:14
Ok, that is a definite improvement. In many ways the player-based economy is the best and worst feature of this game. It requires a player population of some hundreds.

Shinto
20-09-04, 15:16
a lot of people are proberbly staying away from beta and not bothering with NC1 retail as nothing much is happening so a lot of waiting is going on really, and in addition NC2 is going to be on a high profile computer magazine, so who knows KK might just do good and we could see 700-800 people on the server.

perhaps anyway ;)