PDA

View Full Version : RP Ideas

BaDDaSS
20-09-04, 02:57
I think we need a brainstorm session as to how we can help build roleplay in NC.

The furthest people go with RP is reading the Neochronicle, lol.
Or the lame old "i am a phsyco killer on a rampage".

Maybe if we had some player-run restaurants or something.

Any ideas people?

BaDDaSS
20-09-04, 04:16
*bump
*hides from Nid (does that Mod ever sleep? :o)

Nidhogg
20-09-04, 04:18
Don't bump, please. You know what happens to threads that get bumped.

N

BaDDaSS
20-09-04, 04:30
Sorry :)

On a lighter note i have a idea.

Maybe we rely too much on NPCs, to the state that we dont both interfacing with others except in PvP.

We need some encouragement to RP with others. Maybe player-run shops will help this a lot :D
I wonder when they'll be inter-whats the word, im tried- intergrated!.

Ok im off to bed.
Gimmi some ideas people :)

seraphian
20-09-04, 06:16
yeah, people have tried to have palyer events... PKers show up and ruin it

the NC community is it's own biggest enemy.

Richard Slade
20-09-04, 12:33
No, wanking is the communitys worst enemy.
approx +80% of this community needs to get laid...
atleast once.

And some needs to be shot too..
(this is NOT CS!!)

LiL T
20-09-04, 12:44
Should just all make at least one RP character with a strong story to back the character up I know I will be making one on a second account :) I kind of like the idea of playing as a evil cult leader who stands in plaza chanting about how all the none beleavers will be punished could get some laughs. Don't have to kill anyone

Richard Slade
20-09-04, 12:48
Should just all make at least one RP character with a strong story to back the character up I know I will be making one on a second account :) I kind of like the idea of playing as a evil cult leader who stands in plaza chanting about how all the none beleavers will be punished could get some laughs. Don't have to kill anyone
I tried that many times.. we even had chant sessions ...
noone listnes.. they just shout "STFU U WANkERS!"

BaDDaSS
20-09-04, 12:55
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=112244

Above thread gave my this idea:

OMG idea, idea, idea!!! :P

Prople with -32 and below soul light should be sent to prison!
The only people that can free them is their clan/faction.

Would make great RP, and stop greifing at the same time :)

LiL T
20-09-04, 12:55
I tried that many times.. we even had chant sessions ...
noone listnes.. they just shout "STFU U WANkERS!"

Got to be persistant with it and have it each day at a certain time where you would stand a preach lolz heh with this comunity maybe not :\

Brammers
20-09-04, 13:28
Well Phoenix is a RP clan, and I will continue to RP my characters in NC2.

We are moving from Pluto to the multislot english international server, where we shall be opening our new multi-million NC store in Techhaven, with some new products to our existing range, and some new lines.

...And also the current plots with some of the characters in Phoenix will continue.

Burgeri
20-09-04, 15:21
I have a persistent dream of roleplaying in a MMORPG but there are two obstacles: setting restrictions, which I can get over, and stupid players which actively try to ruin the experience for all of us. I do understand that in a product as big and multifaceted as Neocron there are many possible goals and things to strive for, but I wish people would live and let live as far as different playstyles go.

Heck, I don't mind being killed by another runner as long as there is a good in-game reason for it. But if you have to gloat, don't do in 1337 5p33k. 8|

Heavyporker
21-09-04, 12:09
*sigh*

more and more, I'm actually considering going to the multi-slot international...

if only for the scope of roleplaying. The idea of having 4 characters of all different classes, factions, and personas was irresistible when I started playing on saturn long after I started on pluto, but any attempt at RP fell flat almost immediately when I started. Saturn really wasn't conductive.

But if ShadowDancer the badass, Phoenix the clan and all that it entails, and several people I know well are gonna go to the new international multislot, then I would be remiss if I didn't follow.

I'm still thinking, though.

sanityislost
21-09-04, 12:17
Yea im going to 4 slot int server with Phoenix. thinking about doing some sorta
cyber hacknet gangster thing with my hacker till i work out a main RP focus.

Still havent got a clue what thats gona be lol just hope i think of something soon

SiL ..:..

Falen
21-09-04, 12:25
anywho onto this whole player rp stuff i doubt it will happen people have tried to put it together before and it really just doesnt seem to work tbh i dont even know or understand the concept of roleplay lol im sure many other people have this problem aswell.... the most i see people getting into rp is the whole faction vs faction and people actually seem to kinda sound like the description of the faction itself and act the same ways..... creepy ^_^

not sure we will ever be really big into rp like dressing up like our monks irl and walking around telling people not to mess around cause you got a combat rank of 82... i think im thinking that i dont think well at all but wait....
yes there it is this is why NC people will never be big Rp'ers..... yea we a dorks losers loners and have no social life what so ever *some of us that is ;) * anywho we still have a sense of dignity and we are the top of the barrel for losers...

Nc players are the cool losers of the mmorpg world =) and this is why we will never dress up like our monks and think we can make floating balls of light shoot energy beams at the people red to us

sanityislost
21-09-04, 12:38
Dressing up like monks?.....wtf :wtf:

Falen
21-09-04, 12:41
Dressing up like monks?.....wtf :wtf:

and for that comment is the reason why we will never be big into RP ty sil =)

winnoc
21-09-04, 12:53
I've tried to roleplay with the bad sl gang living in Crest.

I've tried roleplaying a NCPD copbot melee spy.

Either way, people would always try to gank me or tell me what a fool i was.

I have a char slot that i'm willing to dedicate to a roleplay character, and in roleplay i don't care if my char is high level and can kill people in pvp, it's all about having fun realy.

So, maybe i'll be a copbot again, maybe a nerdy stuttering hacker, a pimping drugdealer, or an evil thief, but i have one char slot i'm willing to spend on a roleplay character.

sanityislost
21-09-04, 13:08
and for that comment is the reason why we will never be big into RP ty sil =)

erm dude, i kinda ment that as a "wtf u on about"

ive met alot of RP'er and havent yet had one say "ooc: Right...hope u got your
monk gear on" or something to that effect.

Tho i could be the one in the wrong and everyone else just thought i had monk
gear on.....will keep fooling them if thats the case :p

Falen
21-09-04, 13:13
i was on about a reffernce towards DnD kids dressing up like their lvl 40 water elf or some crap and roaming the streets threating people with their sabers of light which then took me on to talking about how nc dorks are the coolest dorks cause we dont do shit like that.... guess you must be a lucky one and didnt live the DnD days orrrrr you did and were a hardcore DnD player took it to the next lvl one day with your DnD outfit on and killed your best friend cause he only rolled a 3..... or the last option you just didnt notice them for the obvious reasons... a. they are freaks b. they more then likely hid in the shadows =)

*no offence ment to those who were(are) DnD kids :angel:

thats is what i was on about =P

sanityislost
21-09-04, 13:18
i was on about a reffernce towards DnD kids dressing up like their lvl 40 water elf or some crap and roaming the streets threating people with their sabers of light which then took me on to talking about how nc dorks are the coolest dorks cause we dont do shit like that.... guess you must be a lucky one and didnt live the DnD days orrrrr you did and were a hardcore DnD player took it to the next lvl one day with your DnD outfit on and killed your best friend cause he only rolled a 3..... or the last option you just didnt notice them for the obvious reasons... a. they are freaks b. they more then likely hid in the shadows =)

*no offence ment to those who were(are) DnD kids :angel:

thats is what i was on about =P

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh right gotcha lol

I missed out in the DnD days, well i was about during them i just havent played it :p

Burgeri
21-09-04, 14:31
Strange, I've been playing roleplaying games (non-computer) for 19 years now and written four published games myself, and I still haven't dressed up even once...

Falen: Are you sure you are not confusing live-action-roleplaying with roleplaying in general? Anyway, in mmorpg roleplaying would mean deciding your character actions and responses as if the character were a real person in the given setting. No stat discussions etc. Whatwould be the point of players dressing up when nobody could see it?

LARPing is not my thing, but as LARPs go, NC live-game might be cool.

garyu69
21-09-04, 16:59
Well Phoenix is a RP clan, and I will continue to RP my characters in NC2.

We are moving from Pluto to the multislot english international server, where we shall be opening our new multi-million NC store in Techhaven, with some new products to our existing range, and some new lines.

...And also the current plots with some of the characters in Phoenix will continue.
*cough*
who's store is being opened? I do believe there was a takeover not so long ago....

anyways... I have a Neocron RP blog which needs to be used more.

BaDDaSS
21-09-04, 17:21
Why all these people suggesting totally extreme methods of RP (ie milee copbot).

Im talking about everday usual RP.
You make your character, you level you character, but why dont you RP him at the same time?

We give our characters names for reasons.

Stick to the storyline as such.
For eg, when my Crahn monk sees monks in City Admit for eg, he will try persuade them to join the religion, and not to be a traitor.

Or my droner could blame his faulty no-launch on HEW for their cheap laborers.

Just general chatting ingame should be kept in RP, except for the OOC channel i think.
That was the initial idea anyway :/

JustIn_Case
21-09-04, 17:32
That would be great!

Theese days there is only flaming going on in OOC (or Trade mainly... o_O).

In the glory days of FoC (Followers of Crahn) we did some street preaching in the name of Crahn. The normal reactions would be some flames written in the foreign language of 1337.

Burgeri
21-09-04, 23:19
If only... I've tried, I've tried a lot. But it gets very tiresome when you constantly have to fight the flow or explain non-roleplayers what the hell you are talking about. I created J. Azure specifically for roleplaying and even wrote a novel about him in the old RP forums. There was even an RP clan in the City Mercs back then (maybe there is one now, I would not know).

Neocron is great, but the FPS-aspect draws in all sorts of people (including those who prefer straight-out PvP to role immersion). Maybe I hung out with an unusual crowd, but I got the feeling that the roleplaying faction in Anarchy Online was much, much stronger (three clans, one for each alignment, all agreeing to roleplay their alliances and conflicts according to the overall metaplot, while there was lot of character-to-character interaction within the clans themselves). When did Neocron have its latest character/character wedding party?

Of course, if Phoenix is about to become an RP clan for NC2, I'll be knocking on their door...

seraphian
22-09-04, 01:49
dressing up as your online avatar is largely an anime and fur thing.

That said I have dressed up several times at Gen Con and Anime Central over hte years:

1: Molly from Neuromancer (my then bf went as Case, it was cool)
2: Generic cyberpunk razorgirl for shadowrun live action RP.
3: a Persocom from Chobit
4: Ayanami Rei from Evangellion (the anime)

next year I'm going as a Neocron char to drum up support... maybe even make some flyers...

Judge
22-09-04, 01:57
That said I have dressed up several times at Gen Con and Anime Central over hte years:

1: Molly from Neuromancer (my then bf went as Case, it was cool)

Haha... that would be obscene. :p

Oh, I think that Crahn should organise some cermons in their rather stunning new temple, have all the seats filled and people standing in the wings.

I'm definitely going to have to organise that now. :D

Someone give me some ideas as to what it could be about.... maybe the lack of faith in other factions and stuff.

sanityislost
22-09-04, 02:33
Lol judge....if you do that geme the info...would love to be there

BaDDaSS
22-09-04, 02:58
Haha... that would be obscene. :p

Oh, I think that Crahn should organise some cermons in their rather stunning new temple, have all the seats filled and people standing in the wings.

I'm definitely going to have to organise that now. :D

Someone give me some ideas as to what it could be about.... maybe the lack of faith in other factions and stuff.

Speak with Crahn faction Councilor, you could make this good :)
My monk will deffinetly be there :)

Richard Slade
22-09-04, 03:00
There's actually been one official cermony in there..
If it wasn't for the fact that there was a guy in afro and cyan polyester suit, it coulda been kewl... :p

trigger hurt
22-09-04, 05:06
The idea I have been kicking around since combat vehicles were introduced was to basically go mad max. But, in a little different kind of way.

Instead of roaming the entirety of the wastelands looking for plunder, perhaps these murauders would stick to a set of outposts associated with one uplink. So, they'd pick an uplink and protect it and the areas and other outposts surrounding it.

Any attempts made to use these outposts without permission will be met with force. Any attempts to hunt or level in these areas, would also be met with force unless tributes were paid to the marauders. The marauders would of course use vehicles to patrol their areas.

Sadly, my clan would think this idea is shit and instead, wish to 'pwn the map', so I don't even bother pitching it to them.

Burgeri
22-09-04, 10:02
Instead of roaming the entirety of the wastelands looking for plunder, perhaps these murauders would stick to a set of outposts associated with one uplink. So, they'd pick an uplink and protect it and the areas and other outposts surrounding it.

Roadwarriors! Vehicle-based gangs (in the easy-to-drive savannah and desert areas)! Race track turned into a fugitive marketplace for different gangs and their few allied clans! Massed vehicle response to OP attacks in the savannah area! I suck at PvP so they would just drive me over, but that would be *SO* cool...

Wow!

Judge
22-09-04, 10:44
I tried to make a clan like that.... didn't work. So few people wanted a purely Vehicle based combat it was stupid. Also consider that there was (at that time) no GR at the racetrack, it wasn't made easy for me. :p

Though, with a bit of backup I think that it could work... the main problem would be persuading people to spend money and skillpoints on vehicles which will probably bug and die as soon as you zone (well, the APC at least :p).

Having an APC of Monks, and an APC of Tanks with two Rhino's supporting them, then airdropping (not literally) a squad of PEs in from the hovercarrier.... Wow... that'd be fucking awesome.

Back to the idea of a sermon. Well, I don't think that I (as a PE) would be qualified to lead the sermon, maybe give a few words. But I'll definitely try and get in touch with the Crahn rep to see if he/she would like to be involved and if we can get one setup for quite early on in the new servers. Also, if we pool a little moneh, then we could hire the mercs for protection outside our Church (Crahn and reporters only). :)

winnoc
22-09-04, 12:42
Vehicles are underestimated.

Capped tank with good resists and a ppu driving the reveler are nearly unstopable.

Also a driver spy with 130+ repair and a tank gunner in a rhino are nearly immortal. Just drive off, repair and go back.

Clownst0pper
22-09-04, 13:09
Well, I add storys on my runners info on the city coms, which is nice when people read it.

Also my spy kaolin I will no matter how good or bad drugs get will use drugs on him, its his roleplay aspect, a junkie effectivly.