PDA

View Full Version : [OT] The Matrix Books

athon
19-09-04, 23:27
Hi all,

I read recently about there being a series of Matrix books, which the films were apparently based upon. According to this source (a forum post, either here, mmorpg.com or on slashdot most likely) the books series is up to 5. Can anyone provide any further information such as authors names or even ISBNs please? Unfortunately an Amazon search is pretty much useless for the term 'matrix'

Thanks in advance

Athon Solo

Richard Slade
19-09-04, 23:52
*cough*Matrix*cough*was*cough*based*cough*on*cough*Ghost*cough*in*cough*the*cough*shell*cough*in*cou gh*the*cough*beginning*cough*

Tratos
20-09-04, 00:03
/me picks up "The Matewix"

Ahem, lol

"If you take the red pill, Newo, there is no going back. You will leave the Matewix and enter a world more real to you than you can possibly imagine. But Newo; if you take the blue pill you will sustain an erection for up to twelve years... You must decide Newo"

'Newo stared long and hard at the pills. Then reached out his hand, "I'll take them both," he said and eagerly gobbled them down whole'

Ahem, lol well its a Matrix book, so to speak.

/me continues reading.

There is actualy a book which was based on the films i believe but i have not heard of a series, -shrugs- sadly i cannot remeber the name.

athon
20-09-04, 00:03
That's a really bad cough you've got - you ought to get that seen to before you end up with a horrible bag of gunk like lexx's. o_O

I'm sure there's many thing which the Matrix writers tok inspiration from, but form whatt this post said, it led me to beleive these are an actual series of books, presumable titled along the lines of "The Matrix: <something>"

Athon Solo

Dribble Joy
20-09-04, 00:15
I've seen both GitS and the matrix films, and I really don't get it when people say that the matrix is based on GitS.
Yes there are conceptual similarities, the ideas about AI and the blurring of machine and human existance and the idea of the soul and etc. but the plot lines are so totally different (from what I remember).

Yes the creators have frequently said that the matrix was inspired by GitS, doesn't mean it's a cheap knock off.

Arrakis
20-09-04, 00:34
The original GITS had the matrixy text effect on the into titles from what i remember. Or should i say that the matrix had the GITSy text effects on the into titles :)

___T-X____
20-09-04, 00:57
What u want them for anyway Neo wins lol