PDA

View Full Version : Got NLpro? Bannz0red!

Sigma
17-09-04, 07:23
Linkage (in german though) (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1591031&postcount=4)

Carnage says that ANY modification of the client is going to get you banned, yes that includes sound- and hudmods.

Just wanted to keep you all informed.

:)

Clive tombstone
17-09-04, 07:29
Wah?? not cool, NL pro is nice, it helps allot!

cant KK and uhh, the guy who made NL pro come to a comprimise or something?

SilentEye
17-09-04, 07:38
This is why I stopped developing the smaller mod SE-MOD, maybe a few remember I was working on that.

sanityislost
17-09-04, 07:43
isnt that about Nc2?? hope so :/

SiL ..:..

Satocastix
17-09-04, 08:02
...wtf?!?!?!?!

joran420
17-09-04, 08:05
thats NC 2...yeah its lame...but NLpro is not NC2 compatible afaik

Clive tombstone
17-09-04, 08:10
I guess, all we can hope for is that NC2 has all the stuff NL pro has like the MP3 thingy, interchangable target reticles and so on. (please KK? :angel: )

System
17-09-04, 08:21
[ edited ].. No mods at all... Last time i recall its a game KK... not real life. And you don't think with your shitty ass designed RPOS that i'm not gonna change it. You should just save yourself some time and ban everyone now becuase its gonna get changed

Shit keeps hitting the fan every day. This my be easy for me to quit this game if shit like this keep coming up

naimex
17-09-04, 08:24
I like the new HUD... but I seem to be one of the few that does.

joran420
17-09-04, 08:29
I like the new hud alot :) and i would leave it regardless, but im amazed the KK are willing to ban players for altering the RPOS

:baffled:
we'll if you look at anyother MMORPG they wont let you alter any part of the game either(unless specifically aproved by them).....

still NC isnt just any other MMORPG

Clive tombstone
17-09-04, 08:31
Well, I mean, I like the Hud too, but Im talking about all the sweet stuff NLpro comes with you know.

joran420
17-09-04, 08:34
yeah :/

[edit] here it is in english
http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1589924&postcount=18

seraphian
17-09-04, 08:38
guys, just relax a bit, they said no 'unauthorized modification to game files' so it is theoretically possible for players to get KK's stamp of approval, and also, modifications to seperate graphics files and .INIs shouldn't be against the rules as far as I understand.

Sigma
17-09-04, 08:52
guys, just relax a bit, they said no 'unauthorized modification to game files' so it is theoretically possible for players to get KK's stamp of approval, and also, modifications to seperate graphics files and .INIs shouldn't be against the rules as far as I understand.

Carnage said ANY modification of the client will now end in a permaban.

Blargius
17-09-04, 08:53
I love nlp but I can understand why they wouldn't want that kind of client-based tech. I wouldn't be suprised if there were an aimb*DROP THAT WEAPON* eek.

joran420
17-09-04, 09:02
yeah the problem isnt with NL pro its with the doors it could potentially open for other savvy tech ppl not as trustworthy as Bram and Co.

edit: still sad though :/

and1guy
17-09-04, 09:16
[ edited ]

Mr Friendly
17-09-04, 09:29
cant remember the name, but the GM that made the nc2 rpos doesnt want it to be tampered with. "..ive worked too damn hard on this one.." he says @_@

leaving out the wasted 1/2 an inch of space under the chat box & to the right of the QB...

Mattimeo
17-09-04, 10:00
cant remember the name, but the GM that made the nc2 rpos doesnt want it to be tampered with. "..ive worked too damn hard on this one.." he says @_@

leaving out the wasted 1/2 an inch of space under the chat box & to the right of the QB...

Nice to know that all creativity is now stifled due to someones personal insecurities. I see other companies (SOE, Blizzard) not only allowing, but encouraging UI customization through use of XML.

Do you know who said that or what thread it was in exactly?

Glok
17-09-04, 10:02
@System regarding your sig.

I saw a Black Dragon APU pking in plaza 1 last night and being shot by the copbots. NO DAMAGE. Then I saw a 3/3 NOOB being shot by the copbots. NO DAMAGE.

The new copbots are so worthless they might as well remove them.

garyu69
17-09-04, 10:50
Why is everyone getting so worked up over this? Its been said that you are not allowed to use anything that its modified (except ini files) without KK's permission.

So simple if you make a new hud, or NLpro is made for NC2 simply they just have to get KK's blessing to use it.

athon
17-09-04, 10:50
The original thread posted by Iorghe: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=109897

Any more comments from mods (bottom of first page): http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=111657

The wording of Iorghe's thread suggests that you can still create these mods, but can only use them if you pass them by KK first.

I believe the idea behind this is stop cheating that was known to be going on in NC1, which is a Good Thing(TM) IMO.

Even if I did use mods like the ones bundled in NLPro, I'd rather be fored to stop using them than play a game rife with cheating.

Athon Solo

Benjie
17-09-04, 11:23
I believe the idea behind this is stop cheating that was known to be going on in NC1, which is a Good Thing(TM) IMO.
Exactly. I saw a movie where someone hacked there Neocron client to create insane aimbots and just a continuous stream of fire (no reload or delay between shots) and if putting an end to that means no customization, then so be it. Sad, but necessary imo.

jiga
17-09-04, 13:29
As long as they modify it for us then we won't have to

Jesterthegreat
17-09-04, 13:46
I like the new HUD... but I seem to be one of the few that does.

i like it lol.

took a while to get used too but i like it

DigestiveBiscui
17-09-04, 14:29
well then KK really should speak to the creator of NL pro, and change some of there item graphics, because right now half of them are pissed by what NL pro offered

You know how handy it is to have unressed techs 1 colour and ressed the other? :p and belt colours lol

BaDDaSS
17-09-04, 14:51
The English version is here:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=109897

Yeah, [ edited ] not being able to modify files - but i can see why they have done it.
Exploting and such.

They posted this thread the day after my thread with my custom RPOS.
I see no point in this. Stop exploiting yeah - but whats wrong with my RPOS? :S

Dribble Joy
17-09-04, 14:58
You are still free to edit any of the .ini files (and encouraged to do so).

Editing of the client.exe opens up a whole host of opportunities for cheating, so I don't have any problem with KK saying that no editing can be made without getting them to validate it first.

[TgR]HusK
17-09-04, 17:19
How I read this is that you may not "hack" into existing files AND you may not replace them.

Basicly this means that the current modified worldmap is not allowed,
but the old one is, as its not based on the official one and only requires copying a new plain picture to the right map, not removing the old one ":p (though I'm not to sure about that official worldmap thingy as I think the current official worldmap is not property of reakktor, but actualy by nema's creator)
Also this means that modified huds are allowed, as long as they are brand new and not put into the existin pak files, but just copied as a new picture towards the right directory.

Same should count for sounds and anything else thats not directly involved in modifying existing files(packages)

Don't suppose any official can put out a new statement clearing up ANY and ALL doubts?

Endar
17-09-04, 17:21
The currect RPOS is aweseome, if you dont agree come here (Finland, 42100 Jämsä) and tell me why it aint.

kthxbye :p banzored

kurai
17-09-04, 17:33
I think somenoe has been swigging the hallucinogenic reindeer piss again.

System
17-09-04, 18:01
I don't know what KK is trying to get over with this. Becuase it DOES NOT matter what is stated. If someone wants to cheat in this game they will cheat. A simple statement like that will not stop anyone from messing with files if they want to.

All this statement is doing is getting ride of the publicly known Mods like NL pro or until KK says it is ok to use it.

So all you saying this will stop cheating, thats bull shit and a half. What KK needs to do is put in a much better anti-cheat.

MkVenner
17-09-04, 18:06
what he said, this'll only stop the good guys not the bad guys, and although i like the new RPOS (only after i kicked it up to 1280x1024) the other stuff that came with NLpro rocked, like the item graphicks for NCPD PA and PEPA and other stuff....ffs....and the WinAmp stuff

oh well...

trigger hurt
17-09-04, 18:08
Yeah...plus the guy who "designed" the hud has been quoted by someone, i'll try to find it, saying that "noone is going to change his fucking hud, he worked hard on it and is not going to have it fucked up by some guy with photoshop and no appreciation for his work"

I say "designed" in quotes because their's no real design to it. Looks like someone opened photoshop, selected the polygonal lasso and started drawing 45 degree angles. Weee.

BaDDaSS
17-09-04, 18:33
The English version is here:
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=109897

Yeah, [ edited ] not being able to modify files - but i can see why they have done it.
Exploting and such.

They posted this thread the day after my thread with my custom RPOS.
I see no point in this. Stop exploiting yeah - but whats wrong with my RPOS? :S
[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
17-09-04, 18:36
[ edited ]

arguing with mods is just what got me my last ban...

BaDDaSS
17-09-04, 18:41
Dont get me wrong im not arguing, i just dont understand why i was cencored :O

athon
17-09-04, 19:05
I don't know what KK is trying to get over with this. Becuase it DOES NOT matter what is stated. If someone wants to cheat in this game they will cheat. A simple statement like that will not stop anyone from messing with files if they want to.

All this statement is doing is getting ride of the publicly known Mods like NL pro or until KK says it is ok to use it.

So all you saying this will stop cheating, thats bull shit and a half. What KK needs to do is put in a much better anti-cheat.
Have you considered that KK may have systems in place that detect modified files, and this ban is part of that system?

Athon Solo

Clownst0pper
17-09-04, 19:11
Yet another example of using a sledge hammer to do a toffee hammers job.

seraphian
17-09-04, 19:12
Dont get me wrong im not arguing, i just dont understand why i was cencored :O

that is a matter for Private messages, and not public discussion. He might answer a PM, but chances are he's not going to risk a public argument.

Also: Like I said before, this just means NL Pro is going to need KKs stamp of approval, which may or may not be easy to get. I'd bet on easy given the obvious demand.

greendonkeyuk
17-09-04, 19:18
yup people have been banned recently for arguin with mods in public. Now back on topic, ive met maarten irl but im not sure if bram was there or not (too drunk) and i hardly think he falls into the l337 haxx0r category, my guess is just to let em talk it out with the brass at kk and see what they can come up with. The nlpro program is a valuable tool for a lot of people who have become accustomed, even dependant on, the program and for it to be taken away now would be a bit of a low blow. Let em have time to discuss things first and then wait and see what happens.

Jesterthegreat
17-09-04, 19:23
if the fix the buffs / drugs / alt tab issue i can live without nl pro.

as cool as the new models / maps / sounds are, i mostly used it for winamp

BaDDaSS
17-09-04, 20:29
Also: Like I said before, this just means NL Pro is going to need KKs stamp of approval, which may or may not be easy to get. I'd bet on easy given the obvious demand.

Not easy to get at all, well not until retail.

The devs have told me that no modifications will be allowed, at least until retail :(

athon
18-09-04, 01:38
Yet another example of using a sledge hammer to do a toffee hammers job.
Those toffees are hard damnit!

Athon Solo

BroHam
18-09-04, 22:22
The currect RPOS is aweseome, if you dont agree come here (Finland, 42100 Jämsä) and tell me why it aint.

kthxbye :p banzored

BECAUSE IT GIVES YOU A SPLITTING MIGRAIN? god I hope they lets change our RPOS, KK should go talk Steam if there so worried about hackers. but christ if i cant even change my rpos along with all the other horride so called "additions" that have been made.

Joran420 : how can you think everything is so great. It seems like your either really low lvl or just dont play much or your in tight with KK in Real L ife because your like the only one ive seen just loves everything theyve done.

Jesterthegreat
18-09-04, 22:31
BECAUSE IT GIVES YOU A SPLITTING MIGRAIN? god I hope they lets change our RPOS, KK should go talk Steam if there so worried about hackers. but christ if i cant even change my rpos along with all the other horride so called "additions" that have been made.

Joran420 : how can you think everything is so great. It seems like your either really low lvl or just dont play much or your in tight with KK in Real L ife because your like the only one ive seen just loves everything theyve done.

i like the new RPOS. it grows on you

System
18-09-04, 23:08
Yea it grows on you, but it shouldn't have to grow on you though. KK should just put Theme Selections in the game options to change what the RPOS looks like and allow the runners to add new folders in the new "Themes" folder with different looks and shit.

Once KK gets these bugs straightened out they should work on something called like NAC "Neocron Anti-Cheat". LIke Valve did with VAC "Valce Anti-Cheat". This would prevent a shit load of cheating but I dont know if KK's programmer they got now could do something like this.

Celt
18-09-04, 23:10
Exactly. I saw a movie where someone hacked there Neocron client to create insane aimbots and just a continuous stream of fire (no reload or delay between shots) and if putting an end to that means no customization, then so be it. Sad, but necessary imo.Wait, KK saying "you cannot modify anything but *.ini" will stop exploiting how?

Jesterthegreat
18-09-04, 23:13
Wait, KK saying "you cannot modify anything but *.ini" will stop exploiting how?

it wont...

its like outlawing guns, it means only outlaws have guns!

"hackers" will get custom RPOS's and the public will have one they may dislike