PDA

View Full Version : Unreal 3 Engine

Lexxuk
16-09-04, 01:11
Looks damn hot tbh, its very nice indeed!

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/html/technology/ue30.shtml

Xian
16-09-04, 01:14
Wow, all those screens look excellent, and it sounds pretty darn meaty.

The shots with the windmills and grass look perfect for an MMORPG, heh.

Lexxuk
16-09-04, 01:17
the movie looks even better, shows the lighting effects, neat thing is it does lots of kewl tricks with minimum polygons, hard to explain, look for the video (on fileplanet somewhere) its worth the view (and commentary too) like they make the scene with the big line things, then get a high res img and a low res img, and manage to make you see the high res whilst usin low res, its kewl, uses pixel shader 2 and 3 btw

craio
16-09-04, 01:26
I heard that they said that the geforce 6800ultra and probably ati equivalent are the first cards to date that get a steady 10fps in the testprogram of it in the best (consumer)system buildable atm.

I read the expected system requirements somewhere but the only thing i remember from it that the graphics card needs atleast 1GB of memory :eek:

Lexxuk
16-09-04, 01:31
to put it into perspective, I'm dropping frames watching the video locally, its recorded at 1564kb/sec, and the skipping is noticable, no where near as bad as the high rez halo 2 trailer though

Spermy
16-09-04, 11:37
It's looking very sexeh, But a lot of this could be done before - Mostly we've been waiting for technology to catch up and feasible ways of actually getting the content in there.

Did I say it looks sexy?

So many poly's ...

*Dribbles*

Maester Seymour
16-09-04, 11:41
wow, those screenies look damn hot! :eek:

Edit, found this on fileplanet http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/140731.shtml

RayBob
16-09-04, 12:01
Someone should use UnrealEd to make a Neocron styled mod. :)

Judge
16-09-04, 12:02
I got a video fo it on the PCzone CDs..... man that engine is fucking awesome.

That thing it does with the flat wall, but using its technology makes it look like the bricks are standing out and everything, fucking sweet. :D

Lexxuk
16-09-04, 12:27
I got a video fo it on the PCzone CDs..... man that engine is fucking awesome.

That thing it does with the flat wall, but using its technology makes it look like the bricks are standing out and everything, fucking sweet. :D

thats where i got the video from, mags to read in hospital so had to wait till i got home to look at the unreal engine, halo 2 trailer, all the nice crap that is on the cd's, now that was annoyin "I WANNA SEE UNREAL 3 ENGINE, GET THIS DAMN TUBE OUTTA ME SO I CAN GO HOME!!!" -- "umm, send him for psychiatric care?"

BaDDaSS
16-09-04, 16:31
Just imagine if Neocron 3 used that engine... w00t :P
lmao, we can dream though can't we?

Wank3r
16-09-04, 17:07
Lineage 2 used an older Unreal Engine. I've always loved the Unreal Engine, one of the first FPS games I ever played was Unreal (3D fps that is).

I've seen a video where they use Pixel Shaders, Light Projection and loads of other lighting techniques and they have a stained glass window spinning round, with light shone through it onto a character and it looked awesome.

EDIT: Just saw a screenie of it in the link :D I was posting this whilst the other page was loading (56k you see :(... Still :()

VerbalPEZ
16-09-04, 23:47
OMFG dude !

Using the high polly count mesh to shadow the textures on the low polly in-game mesh is brilliant.

The biggest problem with the current Unreal engine is the lack of in-game dynamic lighting. Doom3 barely delivered with those stark shadow lines. I love how these guys approached it.

Great link.. I am looking forward to it :)

.Cyl0n
16-09-04, 23:58
woa that looks awesome.

NS_CHROME54
17-09-04, 00:27
am i the only one who saw these like 6 months ago? oh well they still look fucking awesome

Heavyporker
17-09-04, 01:26
yup, this was posted months ago. Still rocks my world. The landscape thingies look so FUCKING AWESOME!

Can you believe that rock and architectural appearances? Fucking realistic.

Ok, cool mobs, but really, I'd be much more impressed if they did photorealistic humans in the first place. You know that ol' problem with the "uncanny valley"? (props to those that recognize this reference)