PDA

View Full Version : Last Hurrah for Neocron!

Blargius
15-09-04, 22:27
So rumor has it that there will be a backup of our characters on September 26th for the final transfer to NC2 retail. Also, that new accounts will not have the choice between playing NC1 and NC2 after it is released. This means that If one chooses to stay in NC1 after the 26th, that any advancement that is accomplished won't be transferred if they 'upgrade' to NC2 at a later date.

Are the above statements true? If they are, I may decide to just stay in NC1 forever.. all by myself. My reasons are my own, and many of those reasons are listed in the bazillion posts on the bugs thread. I propose changes to the NC1 servers:

1. LoM pills to be reverted back to no Synaptic Impairment.

That's about it heh. I would steal the rest of Benjie's idea for beta and say 'remove freezers' but they don't really bother me. I like NC the way it is, it's tuned pretty well IMO.

I can picture NC2 without bugs, and I still don't like it. I don't like fall damage(I am too used to it not being there), I don't like the city being a Battlezone (exploits, exploits, exploits), and I FUCKING HATE the new models (gay, gay, gay). I mean, COME ON! I can't believe they are asking me to pay $16 dollars a month and whatever they are charging for the box for an expansion that has virtually no new content. It just seems to me they changed the way we gain access to all the same old loot and shook up the factions. There isn't even a new Island or Continent to explore, just some shitty brown shanty-town called the Dome of York and Hacknet.

I'm not buying a NC2 box or paying for the download. I'm staying on Saturn (or whatever the NC1 server will be called) until I am kicked off.

I truly hope everyone else enjoys NC2. I suppose KK put a lot of work into the expansion and they should be praised for trying. But they didn't try hard enough IMO.

Endar
15-09-04, 22:31
Is this a leaving thread or what?

Anyway, the if you have played other games, you really cant lower your skills and reinsert the points, so LoM is OK.

I like freezers, I dont use em but I like em :D

There is enough content in NC2 for me to buy it o_O

And the new models are AWESOME, not gay :p

MjukisDjur
15-09-04, 22:48
They are importing the databases so its pretty much impossible to do it again later without ending up with people duplicating their shit etc...

Candaman
15-09-04, 23:17
not a great loss i'll enjoy nc2 without u

joran420
15-09-04, 23:26
speaking of missing and not missing ppl anyone PM meh what ezza did to get himselfzor bannzored?

MrChumble
15-09-04, 23:34
ezza...bannzored?
Sigh. I missed that. I'm sure the forums won't be richer for his absence.

On topic:

It could be quite lonely in NC1. I doubt there will be more than a handful of people staying with it once NC2 is retail. If you do I hope you enjoy it, but I can't understanding your reasons for not wanting to move on. Hopefully I'll see you in NC2 some day.

That said...NC2 and Dawn of War coming out within days of each other...I might be a little delayed getting myself onto NC2 :D

naimex
16-09-04, 05:13
speaking of missing and not missing ppl anyone PM meh what ezza did to get himselfzor bannzored?

-=PM=-

BroHam
16-09-04, 05:52
I completly Agree with blargius here on this one for every reason he posted and more. The new content they did add was completly broken from what ive seen, Falling owns your toon way to hardcore. As for the new models and spell casting animations they are godawful those alone are going to force me to quitting eventually, sooner then later might I add since KK is doing nothing with NC1 but forcing you to leave or quit.
One thing I dont understand Is why we can only have that one backup on the 26th I mean people are going to dupe whatever they want in NC1 and setup there quickbelts with all there duped loot then go over to NC2 I dont see how this effects not being able to make a later copy and transfer later. I mean either way there still going to dupe and take only what they want with them. I think KK is really just being lazy with this and trying to limit the few people loot that do know how to dupe.

I personally cant stand NC2 I mean in all realness its a small expansion that isnt even finished being released as a sequal at a stand alone price and a new higher monthly fee. we are having to give up everything we worked our tails off for for some horrible new models and spell casting that make my FPS drop to 10 or less and making my ping over 300, thats right over 300 ping on a cable modem in the US pretty much sucks and give me a 0% chance at PKing anyone at all, or even defending myself while i run and chop out to my death.

an Idea maybe just a thought Prehapes have an option at the login options to set old or new models on or off like the #1 MMORPG of all time does EVERQUEST.

thanks

-j

Blargius
16-09-04, 06:00
an Idea maybe just a thought Prehapes have an option at the login options to set old or new models on or off like the #1 MMORPG of all time does EVERQUEST.

YES! The fall damage blows, but the models is what really turns me off to it. I don't know why, but I just can't stand them! If this option were in, I would find NC2 much better.

BroHam
16-09-04, 06:41
Seriously I dont know what idiot would like these god awful models and spell casting animations that kill your fps at least they didnt go all judas on PA's I suppose. PLEASE GOD HELPS US ALL LORD~!

MrChumble
16-09-04, 09:01
Sometimes I wonder if different people are seeing different models. They look so good to me I can't quite see how anyone would not like them if they're seeing the same thing.

Either way though, it's quite dumb thing to judge a game on. Gameplay and content are far more important.

engl
16-09-04, 11:09
And the new models are AWESOME, not gay :p

new models are both. awesome models of cross between pokemon and FF characters. add to that the "ritual dance" when casting a spell, and it just couldn't be more ridiculous in a cyberpunk world.

BlackDove
16-09-04, 11:32
Yeah, the whole hand thing is pretty gay :p

john irons
16-09-04, 11:42
not a great loss i'll enjoy nc2 without u

did you even type that or just copy and paste it.
cuz it's about the only type of thing i ever see you say

Jaffo
16-09-04, 12:41
i totally agree with the thread starters post. the new models DO look gay and wen they cast a spell it does make my fps 0.

the new models look like they have been cut and pasted from "the saga of Ryzom". - they look exactly the same

Candaman
16-09-04, 19:24
did you even type that or just copy and paste it.
cuz it's about the only type of thing i ever see you say

right go find a quote of me saying it somewhere else or a link would be even better untill then stop trolling

MrChumble
16-09-04, 19:32
right go find a quote of me saying it somewhere else or a link would be even better untill then stop trolling
Someone call a doctor, I can't stop laughing. Cannings calling someone else a troll, god that's rich.

Xiphias
16-09-04, 19:39
Someone call a doctor, I can't stop laughing. Cannings calling someone else a troll, god that's rich.

Chumble laughs? :wtf:

greendonkeyuk
16-09-04, 20:16
first time ever

joran420
16-09-04, 20:31
lol i think this thread is rapidly degenerating into spam

Nidhogg
16-09-04, 20:46
The thread starter has left little room for discussion so it's virtually spam. If there is any more trolling/flaming on this thread I will close it.

N

BroHam
17-09-04, 00:22
The thread starter has left little room for discussion so it's virtually spam. If there is any more trolling/flaming on this thread I will close it.

N

seems like there plenty of room for discussion just seems no one can find anything actually good or better about NC2 then NC1. rather then just flame festing each other which usually just ignorant people do we should try and find the good in NC2 and share it with blargius. One thing i do like about NC2 is the additions of new buildings in the wastelands. But that hardly warrants a new game.

Thanks

-j

joran420
17-09-04, 00:53
Hacknet rules ....

the new char models rule (although they need to add more, which i think they are doing)

Character customisation rules (see above)

New NPC quests are awesome

Cities being anarchy zones are awesome

New Dungeuns all over the place

New vendors, new Strippers, new tradeskill system(that everyone slags..but this early its not very effective as ppl level theyre sympathies it will get alot better, plus once player NPC vendors are added this will also help ease the crunch for parts)

want me to keep going?

cons : still an occassional FRE...
Ingame forums still suck
some bugs need ironing out
need more ppl playing

BroHam
17-09-04, 01:27
Hacknet rules ....
the new char models rule (although they need to add more, which i think they are doing)
Character customisation rules (see above)
New NPC quests are awesome
Cities being anarchy zones are awesome
New Dungeuns all over the place
New vendors, new Strippers, new tradeskill system(that everyone slags..but this early its not very effective as ppl level theyre sympathies it will get alot better, plus once player NPC vendors are added this will also help ease the crunch for parts)
want me to keep going?
cons : still an occassional FRE...
Ingame forums still suck
some bugs need ironing out
need more ppl playing

One thing i can agree with him on this is new dungeons but i have only really seen one, the WB juggernaut factory. As for char creation and customization seem to go hand in hand and should be one point.
For hack net and the Quests they dont even seem to be fully implmented or straight up broken. personally I dont like jumping of the edge of hacknet hoping I get lucky and dont die just to get beserk 3 cpus that I was once able to get off of one warbot hell maybe even 2 cpus.
As for the new tradskill system i havnt noticed any changes at all other then being able to buy good weapons from merchants. It seems there making the player helping player aspect of the game be even more withdrawen and alienated and therefore making it even more plauseable to take your LE out and join a clan just to be able to find a decent CSTer since they removed safe zones from citys besides TH.

Also on a small note Crahn lost an allie and only gaind one nuet now bringing there allies down too just two other factions other then there own. Tsyunami is now a nuetral faction in DoY which makes absoultly no sense whatsoever from an RolePlaying aspect or gaming view. Crahn and Tsu have always wared hardcore and now its just going to suxor. Espcially with Protopharm as an enemy now rather then an allie.

I cant possible understand how you can think the new models and spell casting are attrative at all. They really really turn me off to the game and make it unbearable to play unless your wearing PA. The only reason I could understand people liking the new models and spell casting is just the simple fact that they are sick of the old ones they've been staring at for the past 5 years.

Also what up with falling off a 2 foot rock and breaking my legsand crawling away to my death

and yes please continue with the good stuff.

Thanks

-j

Mr Friendly
17-09-04, 01:50
and ermm.... *cough*.....the 16 dollars is in euro, so for us currency thats roughly $12 a month. a measly $2 more... O_o :angel:

Seriously I dont know what idiot would like these god awful models and spell casting animations that kill your fps at least they didnt go all judas on PA's I suppose. PLEASE GOD HELPS US ALL LORD~!

exactly, the new char models are great, much better & more customizable than ever, minus somthing joran said on another thread bout how all the chars besides the spy, all look the same, how you cant really tell one apart from another unless ur up close or they're wearin a PA. but bah, what ever happened to that so called PA spies can wear that can be altered to any char's appearance? :eek:

again, the chars are coo, nuttin wrong with em.........but uucck :mad: animation when casting spells....ermm....final fantasy XI ripoff?....... O_o :(

common sense wise cannings, that means ur a dick, the egotesticle guy, basically the type of guy girls h8 :D
also means if u dont have nething constructive to say on a topic, dont post, & just go back to whackin off, cuz "no girl would be caught dead with you"<-actual quote my gf wanted me to put :D

joran420
17-09-04, 01:59
rofl :P actually u got it backwards :P its 12 Eur which is about 15.50 as of today

Mr Friendly
17-09-04, 02:01
nah, im pretty sure its $16 euro, i remember seein the $16 in euro the day the planfile came out......guess ill go check again right quickie, brb
EDIT:
The monthly fees will amount to 12.95 Euro in the future. However, the three- and six month plans will only amount to 29.95, respectively 49.95 Euro. This moderate price increase is due to the much improved server technology among other things.

ah ic, hrmm...blastage, cant remember the currency translater site placey..... >_<

nugz420
17-09-04, 02:04
Euro backed by gold= good
US dollar backed by the trees that they make the paper from?= Bad

That is why our almighty dollar is worth fuck all.

Mr Friendly
17-09-04, 02:07

we took all the gold from the gold mines when we found em, gave em to all the cowboys, shot sum ppl up when they interred our territory, then played poker with it all :wtf: :angel:

BroHam
17-09-04, 03:30

someone doesnt know to much about american money.

I was hoping joran would continue his good list about NC2.

Smokey brings up a couple good points about the models and the FPS the game turns into abouslute chopfest when you even trying to look around and I definatly meet the games system requirments aswell as the recomended hardware listed

thanks

-j

bubby
17-09-04, 03:54
Have you heard of fort Knox?

That is where they keep the gold that US money is backed by :)

nugz420
17-09-04, 04:08

mr murb
17-09-04, 04:15
Have you heard of fort Knox?
That is where they keep the gold that US money is backed by :)
uh, the dollar hasn't been backed by gold since 1971. when nixon was president.

NeoChick
17-09-04, 04:26
Actually I agree with original poster in every respect. I think I would also prefer playing NC1 to NC2.
Reason being that the new interface drives me nuts
I can live with the new char models, but barely
I can live with the ritual dance of the monks, but barely
Hacknet? So what if I am not a hacker and have no interest in being one?

NC has become Hackatron as opposed to Monkatron

We were promised something like five times the area that NC city is. Great. Now we have FA,Crahn, etc etc. all bunched in one area where EVERYTHING is identical. I'd rather have one area more like NC city than five areas more than NC city that are identical walls, walls, ruins

Being a constructor I hate the hassle of getting parts now. Just a needless timesink.

New mobs? perhaps but considering they worked ont his expansion for three years, I am sorely disappointed

BroHam
17-09-04, 05:48
I completly agree with Neo chick here I and ive only been playing for 3 months since i quit during beta 5. It just doesnt seem like theyve been working on this expansion for three years, maybe three months but not three years. I maybe be wrong but it seems with my limited programing skills that I, myself could have done better then this with alot less then 3 years of my time. Espcially since it is the same game as NC1 with minor adjustments here and there. I mean it is the same source code right?

Please KK add a new Mob model soemthing new to fight instead the same 20 diff models you see everywhere you go

Clive tombstone
17-09-04, 06:46
hell, YES get the new monster models or something

we need some cool accessories too, like piercings and hats and stuff (Bionic apendigies? like robotic arms or legs (or both?) cool sun glasses too or something

Pets? hehe, something like pet Wee crabs (oh yah, CHange the friggin name BACK to wee crab please?)

oh, Remove Y bots. I hate those things the most :D

thats about all I would like to see ADDED that I can think of right now (half asleep now)