PDA

View Full Version : Guys, Guys, more beta screenies please!

Heavyporker
15-09-04, 20:24
There's been none for the last week or something! I'm going nuts!

plague
15-09-04, 20:25
why don't u try open beta?

and1guy
15-09-04, 20:59
i was exploring crahn abbey, and those evil crahn guys locked up some poor innocent agressors.. i mean WTF!? and then those damn agressors ganked this poor stripper =(

Heavyporker
15-09-04, 21:02
ahhh... thanks... the itch is subsiding a bit now...

I'm still haraguing my dad into helping out with buying and making a new computer ( he wants to play doom 3, but this computer won't handle it, and *I* want to play Myst 4 and Neocron 2 too, but again, this computer won't handle it.). Mmm... so far... one 160 gb harddrive ready... *cries*

and1guy
15-09-04, 21:03
heres a couple more.. i found 2 swamp mobs gettin it on.. if u look closely ones gettin ass **********, and the other is my midget friend

ezza
15-09-04, 21:05
man stop picking on the ugly midget :mad:

Heavyporker
15-09-04, 21:13
you guys're lifesavers!

Spermy
15-09-04, 21:14
man stop picking on the ugly midget :mad:

Hey ez, it's not your fault ur a midget...

ezza
15-09-04, 21:14
yar it was a terrible accident at bir..............i mean hey!!!

Spermy
15-09-04, 21:17
yar it was a terrible accident at bir..............i mean hey!!!

*Logs in to pick on the midget*

KAPOW! Take that wee man!

joran420
15-09-04, 22:51
rofl try goin into the abandoned crahn church in PP3.....man if you could clear the entrance and get a hacker in there you would be rollin in moneys

[edit] there are about 300 belts on the floor :P

rob444
15-09-04, 23:05
rofl try goin into the abandoned crahn church in PP3.....man if you could clear the entrance and get a hacker in there you would be rollin in moneys

Yeah I entered there with my low level spy and I saw all those belts and thought "hmm... I better get out of here" and when I started to run backwards I got a firebeam on me. I did survive but my health was VERY low :)

Spermy
15-09-04, 23:05

Sounds like a plan! EVERYONE TO PEPPER PARK!

rob444
15-09-04, 23:07
Yeah, you go in first and I go to bed :p

joran420
15-09-04, 23:12
I was in there with a PPU and I died pretty fast once i got two of those damned renegade monks on meh ass

Mr Friendly
17-09-04, 02:16
ill see what ive still got on meh....

Geth
17-09-04, 07:25
I got some weird one's here, I mainly took them because they made my laugh.

The 1st shows the now classic "big lip" error, as well as the missing torso graphics error. Its was just luck that the guy was called "Bill Gates". :lol:

The second is in the Next HQ, which has little toy versions of some vehicles on many of the desks. I think the 4x4 chaincraft looked the best.

The last is of an odd set of warbots that was following me through the wastes. They all appeared close together and didn't move far from each other. They sort of look like some weird robot family. :wtf:

Clive tombstone
17-09-04, 07:32
Damn! I hope us Next boyz get some Next toys^^ (looks for the Next APC with posable Tank gunner and posable PE driver :D )

seriously, those would be sweet little apartment stuff.

Hell, even some monster toys ( Playin with warbot Action figuers in his starter app^^)

anywho, not playing the beta till I get my terminator ^^ (hull and frame to go :D ) but soon as I do, im checkin out the NEXT hq

PS-those aperantly from what I hear are the new "robot mob AI tactics" pretty cool, but they move a bit slow for the tactics to be really effective

Geth
17-09-04, 08:28
AI tatics eh? Sounds like a great idea, well, expect when I start finding mutants in hacknet! :eek:

*I just found these guys a few minutes ago, it was in DOY hacknet passage #7, I tried to fight them and my comp crashed soon afterwards. I have no idea if it a bug or what*

joran420
17-09-04, 08:31
lol yup its a bug...im pretty sure at least

unless those mutants have gotten way past making lazerblades

Krush
17-09-04, 08:55
Excellent keep up the Pics guys

Heavyporker
18-09-04, 01:36
0_0

more! more!

Man, the sky and veg looks very nice in those screenies. BTW, wtf with warbots in an indoors space? Oh, and the thought of muties in hacknet... just really doesn't fit, for me.

Yadot
18-09-04, 03:54
the gfx on the models dont seem to be changed that much to me. The playable chars look really updated but the NPC guys look the same. Is that me or do the NPC need a Poly Count hit?

Underground
18-09-04, 04:15
the gfx on the models dont seem to be changed that much to me. The playable chars look really updated but the NPC guys look the same. Is that me or do the NPC need a Poly Count hit?

most NPC's still have the NC1 skins atm, slowly being updated with new ones for them, all runners have the new skins and models tho

Geth
18-09-04, 09:12
Here are few more I took while exploring the DoY sewers.

-There is a sequence showing the tunnels down to underground jungles.

-The crabs are stuck perfectly in the gride work of the floor. Can it get any easier to hunt? :lol:

-People can look pretty silly when they die while trying to climb a ladder.

Edit: Bah! They look too dark now. I'll fix 'em tommorrow.

[TgR]KILLER
18-09-04, 09:50
oi heavy..

i got.. 1 msi mobo with nforce chipset.. 1 geforce TI 4200 2x 256 mb DDR pc 2100 1 amd cpu cooler even a 40 gb disk..

so just need psu case and cpu ;) :p almost got a full backup computer :lol: got a almost complete p3 1ghz comp laying around somewere to tho don't ask me were :p

-Demon-
18-09-04, 10:21

Yeah me, Fenix and few others tried to get in there..didn't get past the first room. They drop poor fire apocs hehe no wonder they hurt so much :D

Geth
18-09-04, 14:54
Here are few more I took while exploring the DoY sewers.

-There is a sequence showing the tunnels down to underground jungles.

-The crabs are stuck perfectly in the gride work of the floor. Can it get any easier to hunt? :lol:

-People can look pretty silly when they die while trying to climb a ladder.

Edit: Bah! They look too dark now. I'll fix 'em tommorrow.

This is an odd feeling, quoting myself. O_o
Here are some clear versions of the pictures I was trying to show.

joran420
18-09-04, 18:46
Fuck teh Government

Yadot
19-09-04, 01:06
I see the game still maintaine its edgy appeal. I may download it tonight if I get the chance. What abuot combat is still like it was in NC1 or is it more like unreal tournament where you can just drag your reticle across enemy and take a pop shoot at them?

joran420
19-09-04, 09:40
nope still semi rpg combat.....same as nc 1 :thumbs up:

Yadot
19-09-04, 16:32
So was this a grafix update and hacknet addon? It doesnt sound like to much was added besides that and the 3 zones for Doy. What else am I missing here? I know there has to be more to this 50 dollar upgrade than that?

joran420
20-09-04, 08:28
dude the combat is / was almost perfect....dunno wtf you would want them to change that.

First of all Doy is about 10 City Zones (bigger than NC....more spread out ...easy to get lost in)

Better Graphix and char models(more cutomisation before it hits retail)
also added two accessory slots for cigs and sunglasses and such (although not in game yet)

Hacknet rules

a bunch of newbie and mid level dungeuns in DOY (moved some around in NC)

a few more High lvl dungeuns

Whole new trading system(pretty complicated...but really stimulates inter player cooperation)

Player Shops(maybe just an auction style system under the city coms)

Customizable Apartments

Removal of Cityzones as Safezones

New weapons

Wisdom of Ceres Skills(not in beta yet...their temple is though,apparently so is the code or something(was told to meh by a player, no KK official has told me the code is in...but it is a promised system(although just an extension of leveling to unlock new powers, so not too much to test))

theres more stuff too....but my brain hurts

Yadot
21-09-04, 02:47
See that was a good list of things. Does anyone know how much it will cost?

Glok
21-09-04, 02:51
30 euros for new players and 20 euros for upgrading players, or something like that.

sanityislost
21-09-04, 07:54
here is some sexy pics
btw the 2nd is my fav, can really see the detail on the new char faces :D

SiL ..:..

Heavyporker
21-09-04, 11:16
omfg, sanity.... you rock!

That temple thingie looks so FUCKING AWESOME, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Just got 2 of my last 3 paychecks now, so I definely can go on a major hardware binge!!! RAWRRRR! MAX SPECAGE!

sanityislost
21-09-04, 11:38
Heres 2 more of the ceres temple...kinda dark shots but i love the top of the place

SiL ..:..

Heavyporker
21-09-04, 11:54
Damn, that place looks more and more incredible!

Anyhoo, not to rag on DoY or the DoY sewers (they look cool... and crabs seem like a nice change from rats ;) ) But so far no one's really looked at Neocron City, have they? Any major changes to NC City?

Spermy
21-09-04, 13:05
Damn, that place looks more and more incredible!

Anyhoo, not to rag on DoY or the DoY sewers (they look cool... and crabs seem like a nice change from rats ;) ) But so far no one's really looked at Neocron City, have they? Any major changes to NC City?

From my time in beta - I found that the city does look a lot better - I like the lay out - and the new A+W locations and such - It's a little confusing at first - looking for all the places and stuff, but it was a good move on KKs part IMO.

The only thing I can't fathom is the NEMA offices all over the place - I'm liking th pimpage it's recieving - but it's sometimes like they shoved them in there for lack of something better, on the whole - it's very pretty - Like pretty stuff.

Can't post any screenies since I've left for a month or so, and have no intention of going back till retail has settled and recieved a patch or two to iron out the last of the nasties. - I wanna come back to a fresh game really - but that said - I'll have a look thru my shots and if i find owt- I'll post it ere - and one more thing - If ya live in the good ol YooKay, then I'll be happy whack the beta install on a dvd or cds or whatever and send it to ya =)

EDIT - Screenies - 56Kers Beware!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/NC2/shot0090copy.gif

Miltary base HQ

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/NC2/shot0073copy.gif

MC5

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/NC2/shot0069copy.gif

MC5 Again

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/NC2/shot0049copy.gif

A pluto freindly Tech haven.

Heavyporker
21-09-04, 13:42
Wow. These screenies look nice..

anyhoo, thanks for the offer, but I live in the US.