PDA

View Full Version : Why would they do this to starship troopers?

Shujin
15-09-04, 06:57
Starship troopers 1 was one of my all time favorite movies... i just found out there was a 2 and went to rent it... >;o death to whoever made that freakin pos...

in 1 they had nice ass cgi where they fought in space on the ground and alot of very good actors and a great script.

in 2 they had horrrribbleee cgi ( i swear there was a scene where a guys throat was slit it looked like someone animated that on a etch a sketch ) they never ever left the planet the movie started on ( it fuckin started in the middle of a gun fight and ended maybe a mile from where it started ) it had about 6 or 7 actors, one of which was one of the supporting characters in the first one who fuckin DIED in the first one. Also one of the actors who dies in the movie plays another part of a recruit officer at the end.

they freakin ruined the series with this... they coulda made a kick ass sequal and made a 3 but a 3 after this is freakin impossible.

some horrible things not mentioned above:
1. The guns.
a.
the fuckin guns had a small blue led light inside the barrel that the camera man was addicted to zooming in on for some odd reason which made it so fuckin clear that it was a fake gun ( i think the camera man forgot it is supposed to look real ) i mean he zoomed in so close on it you can see the prop guy used chicken wire at the end of the barrels.
b.
why the fuck does it have a led light on the end if its an automatic rifle? it was not a laser pointer, and if it is a automatic rifle wtf is a led light doing inside the fuckin barrel. its like they designed them to be laser rifles and could only find the sound effects for a automatic rifle.

2. the actors.
omfg... they couldnt act for shit. there was one scene in the begening where they had to shoot at some enemies below them. Well why the fuck are they shooting straight ahead or even UP most of the time on close ups of the actors.

3. misc stuff
there was a fuckin scene where there was a strong ass wind storm that people had to stay inside the outpost so they wouldnt fly off, a couple people tried to help some people outside get in and got swept away (totally plausible) yet the next second they anounce enemy is coming so they all fuckin run out into the wind and are not phased one bit...

i freakin hate 2 >;o

NS_CHROME54
15-09-04, 07:03
never watch movies that go straight to video.

Ixiod
15-09-04, 07:06
SST1 is one of my, if not most, favorite movie ever. Haven't seen the second one yet... Probably still will see it just to see it, even though apparently it's awful. (I heard someone else say the same thing actually irl)

Mobius
15-09-04, 07:44
hahaha yea i watched sc2 on a lanparty when i was to tired to think and i totally agree.. it's horrible.. i had a couple of good laughs though.. at the movie unfortunatly.

Pungent77
15-09-04, 07:55
Yeah, a major let down it was......really sad

Richard Slade
15-09-04, 08:46
Dude.. There's a reason to why peopl've never heard of it...
I'm still curious why they use singleshots on an automatic rifle with burst against hordes of bugs...

Jonax
15-09-04, 09:58

Amen.

kurai
15-09-04, 10:41
It never got a theatrical release ... it was made from the start as a TV movie with a DVD release right after.

It was originally pitched as a big budget mini-series, but Tristar (who own the franchise rights) wouldn't fund that, so Verhoeven walked away. This left a couple of studio suits as production managers and Phil Tippett (a guy mostly known for mechanical and stop-motion effects) as creative producer and director.

Rather than let the franchise just sit on the shelf forever, not making money, Tristar/Columbia let this bunch make it as a DVD with a TV showing in lieu of a marketing budget.

So .. to answer the original question : "Why would they do this to starship troopers ? "

Money.

The result was depressingly inevitable :(

Darth Slayer
15-09-04, 10:53
Yup second movie was a pile of shite, the blond was hot tho........ :D
Rest easy as there are plans to do a sequal to ST 1 properly this time with all the original actors.

Scorpius.

mystery8
15-09-04, 11:26
Damn, I saw this horrid piece of crap a few weeks ago. Since it was straight to video I wasn't expecting much, but geez... The acting was terrible. The whole movie was terrible.

The first SST movie was awesome though. This piece of junk doesn't deserve the name.

I hope if they do end up doing another, they name it something other than SST3. Otherwise people might be encouraged to seek SST2 out and have to suffer through it.

Wolf
15-09-04, 14:43
Actually makes me want to go & buy it for a laugh now (if its cheap). Hate it when they make a complete ass of sequels though :( Especially when i loved the first so much.
God the amount of times i saw that in the cinema doesnt bare thinking about 8|, was still in school back then so my dad paid \o/ :D

evs
15-09-04, 14:53
Do you want to know more?

rob444
15-09-04, 15:39
Yes SST1 was good, SST2 was not. To bad :/

virgil caine
15-09-04, 17:02
Was the book that got me into science fiction as a kid ...was another one named Space Patrol would have made a good movie too.
I have to agree that the 2nd movie is crap to the nth degree.

rob444
15-09-04, 17:34
I wish they could make good science-fiction movies these days, the only good science-fiction moves out now is Star Trek and Star Wars in my opinion.

Mobius
15-09-04, 17:50
Matrix ONE kicked ass imo.. the other 2 was complete bollox though

MrChumble
15-09-04, 17:59
The film was a shallow bastard child of the book, and even adhering to the rule of "never compare a film to it's book" it was still utter tripe. They had no right to take the name and make such a piss poor movie from such outstanding source material. Just the mention of it makes my blood boil. And who the hell cast smiling girl. If an actors main skills are smiling like an acid junkie and having nice breasts she (or indeed he) should never be seen on screen.

End of rant.
I've not seen the second film, but I find it hard to believe it was worse than the first one.

retr0n
15-09-04, 18:05
Why would they do this to starship troopers?

Why would they make starship troopers to begin with? Shitty movie.

Rude Boi
15-09-04, 18:22

I saw The Matrix on video in asda befor it was at the cinema (was it even in the cinema?)

MrChumble
15-09-04, 18:29
I saw The Matrix on video in asda befor it was at the cinema (was it even in the cinema?)
In the cinema with adverts on every street corner, billboard and phone box.

Either you live in the farthest flung corner of the earth, or you slept through that summer :)

Rude Boi
15-09-04, 18:31
i can honestly say i cant remember seeing one single add about 'The Matrix' just seeing onsale in asda for £5.99 one time.

Then when i mate showed it to me i was like 8|

and ive been been a fan boi of it ever since :p but i swear i saw no ads for it untill reloaded

NS_CHROME54
15-09-04, 20:00
tbh i thought SST1 sucked ass. shitty acting was it's downfall, tho i admit the cg was pretty nice.

if SST2 makes SST1 look good, it must be satan spawn of the movie world.

MjukisDjur
15-09-04, 22:41
a single tear fell down my chin while watching the movie...

Obviously there must be laws against things like this?
Not even the hot chick helped fixing the story or the poor acting :mad:

Edit:
How in gods name can someone speak bad of sst1? The movie was a masterpiece! The worldwar 2 influences was superb. The actors acted just perfect for the tone of the movie. Paul Verhoeven is a mad genious imop.

Shujin
16-09-04, 01:15
also, amazing how if they fight 1 bug at a time they can kill it in maybe 30 secs of firing.

yet when they fight 2000 bugs at one time they can take down about 5 per bullet

Krush
17-09-04, 08:53
Yeah I loved the first one. I saw the second and almost bought it. But just looking at the cover and that fact that I hadn't heard about it I figured that it must be crap.

I will still end up buying it cause I gotta have the set (outta respect for the first one)

It really does sux when they screw up movies.

They had so many places they could have gone with that sci-fi seris

Greedy Bastards !!!

shodanjr_gr
17-09-04, 13:31
STT2 = SHIT

The worst movie i have EVER rented.

Not worth your time. The only good part of it is the one with the nekid blondie...

WebShock
17-09-04, 15:35
i cocur.. STT 2 was complete freakin shite... i would be offended if someone tried to give it to me. not worth the 20 dollars i spent to buy it. complete shit.

Endar
17-09-04, 17:23
The part 2 was better than part one!!!1!!1!oneone

kthxbye :p

Ryuben
17-09-04, 17:51
The part 2 was better than part one!!!1!!1!oneone

kthxbye :p
stop trolling

sheesh

SST1 was good havn't seen the second and cos o this thread i won't :p

BaDDaSS
17-09-04, 18:40
... they made a Starship Troopers 2? :o

greendonkeyuk
17-09-04, 19:25
i thought the first one was a cheesefest tbh. the first time i watched it i got had the same reaction to it as when i watched true lies, thought it was a pile of shit the first time as it was tryin to be serious. however saw it a second time and thought it wasnt too bad as by that time i realised it wasnt tryin to be serious and actually laughed at some of it. the guy with the broken arm always makes me howl but i wouldnt write home about it.

NS_CHROME54
17-09-04, 20:30
omg true lies is the best spy movie EVER. the scene with the smg rolling down the stairs and shooting all the terrorists while jamie lee curtis is having a panic attack is so funny.

Liquid_Ice
17-09-04, 22:33
guess I have to see the sec one now.. Not sure if I like the first one so much because of what it was or because I was into Starcraft big time and SST1 was very similar.