PDA

View Full Version : Full Wipe Please KK - Poll

SatyrHatyr
14-09-04, 04:42
Continued From Open Beta Forum posts on Full item Wipe.

garyu69
14-09-04, 04:43
Just create a server with no ability to transfer chars.

Darkener
14-09-04, 04:44
Theres no poll and if it was on the open beta forum keep it there . :P polls there now no need for a full wipe we dont need to lose anymore players for the game numbers are damned low already .

SatyrHatyr
14-09-04, 04:44
@#*&@@ guys, you're like all over new posts.

sanityislost
14-09-04, 04:52
Total wipe....erm fuck that.

myabe when KK get more cash in they could start a server where nothing can be
moved over....but doing a full wipe now would do more harm than good.

SiL ..:..

Glok
14-09-04, 06:36
What does a capped char do with no items and 60k?

MegaCorp
14-09-04, 06:43
Uninstall.

Spook @ Pluto

DonnyJepp
14-09-04, 07:01
yeah I'm not really for it a full wipe with transfers, but hell this business of "you can bring 1 set of stuff across" really blows. They should have started 2 entirely new "no transfer" servers up and then offered 2 with "full transfer" for the vets. Going through my first 4 characters and tossing 2 years worth of history to get down to a measly 10 items has been about the most depressing hours ever spent in this game*. I don't even own any 5 slot rares but throwing out thing that hold significance, maybe things that have been given to me, etc makes me want to cry.

*account still cancelled but getting characters prepared for the wipe anyway.

LiL T
14-09-04, 07:04
60k so you can buy a store bought weapon and spend 4 weeks shooting Warbots for parts to gain a rare fun?

No thx

Endar
14-09-04, 07:35

Agreed.

Genesis
14-09-04, 12:43

I agree

Nippa
14-09-04, 12:49
Why do people come up with these stupid fucking posts. Is it because the guy making the post has fuck all to take ? Kk have already said 10 items plus imps and armor . For me that is good enought as anyone else who has played this game for 2 years plus that they are losing out on a lot of stuff they have got.

[VP]Orion
14-09-04, 12:50
Why a total item wipe? Thats useless. If anything, there should be a server where noone can transfer any chars too, meaning everyone starts from scratch.

ArgieD
14-09-04, 13:02
I initially joined this thread to flame the author's selfish idea, but while reading some guys' complaints...somehow I felt for them.

What if KK give the option to players trading their rare parts / weapons for "some" ncl that they could bring forward to NC2 on top of that 60k? I don't know how will this work...but it could be of some mere justification to those who worked hard for those in the past years...

it's not the ncl, but the principle...

greendonkeyuk
14-09-04, 13:04
if they do make a new server for you on the strength of this poll satyrhatyr i hope for your sake its a 4 slotter as otherwise the 6 of you who want are are gonna be REALLY lonely.

Dirk_Gently
14-09-04, 13:18
OMG A wipe thread.

Thought we'd got rid of those.

No btw

Wolf
14-09-04, 14:29
Oh god another one :( - no, no & no thanks. Loosing all but a qb full of stuff & some imps was bad enough, but at least the time I spent hunting rares over the last 2 years wasnt a total waste.
If they do a total wipe.....both my accounts are gone. (Cant live with the loss of a DS :eek: ) sorry if that sounds selfish, but I prefer just hunting what i want & when i want - since ive got all i need now. Not another few weeks camping i10 for rare parts & such....

Best idea all round would be like its been stated before, a no transfer server. Could KK afford another one though? :wtf:

mishkin
14-09-04, 15:07
I sometimes wonder... what would you people do if kk decided "fuck it, they're all a bunch of whiners anyway" and closed down nc 1/2... would you be whining about losing your ingame stuff? Would you demand to get a backup of the data in their database that your char consisted of? I think not... It's like "OMFG, I'M LOSING SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T EXIST IRL, OMFGHAX!!!111oneone!" Things in neocron are NOT real, they're imaginative things built up by the game using a string of data to make them unique... fucking deal with it :rolleyes:

I think kk should add something to their disclaimer like "All things in-game, which means all virtual posessions of any player in the game neocron, is property of Reakktor, and can be removed/altered/exchanged at any time by any GM or Developer." That's what Project Entropia has... although that game is about real money, I think this would stop the constant whining about all the stuff that's deleted/changed/added :o

Jesterthegreat
14-09-04, 15:53

i suggested this before the open beta.

iu still agree now.

a fresh server would be good. where tech drop rate is low and rares are rare. beltdrop in warzones too... people would be careful with the few rares there are

hegemonic
14-09-04, 16:53
This topic is still alive and still causing me agita.

We should have had FULL transfers. :mad:

sanityislost
14-09-04, 16:56
omfg.....hegemonic your wid thing is your sig scares me, i think that hippo is
going to charge.....eek!!

Carinth
14-09-04, 16:58
Not just an item wipe.. a full character wipe too : )

Capped characters runnin around with noob weapons is stupid.

hegemonic
14-09-04, 17:00
omfg.....hegemonic your wid thing is your sig scares me, i think that hippo is
going to charge.....eek!!

ROFL!! I scared SiL for a change!
Bwahahaha!!! Owned :)

Darkener
14-09-04, 17:22

Em you use your stuff like say for example my for slot cs to do epics and so on get yourself started out again. As for a new server why not just not transfer and stfu .

jernau
14-09-04, 17:25
Uninstall.

Spook @ Pluto

Boom Boom!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:(

Darkener
14-09-04, 17:26
I sometimes wonder... what would you people do if kk decided "fuck it, they're all a bunch of whiners anyway" and closed down nc 1/2... would you be whining about losing your ingame stuff? Would you demand to get a backup of the data in their database that your char consisted of? I think not... It's like "OMFG, I'M LOSING SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T EXIST IRL, OMFGHAX!!!111oneone!" Things in neocron are NOT real, they're imaginative things built up by the game using a string of data to make them unique... fucking deal with it :rolleyes:

I think kk should add something to their disclaimer like "All things in-game, which means all virtual posessions of any player in the game neocron, is property of Reakktor, and can be removed/altered/exchanged at any time by any GM or Developer." That's what Project Entropia has... although that game is about real money, I think this would stop the constant whining about all the stuff that's deleted/changed/added :o

The in game stuff is not real but the time taken to get them is thats the point. Just because your some mr PVM sitting around leveling all day probably have about 5 slot of every weapon by two because all you do is hunt rares and make weapons. HMM omgz i cant have all my stuff fuck that delete it all

Wolf
14-09-04, 17:30

The fact that we've wasted countless man hours doing something extremely boring & annoying, (MC5 runs) just to get a slight advantage later on in the game. Then a few weeks after youn finally succeed at it.........someone tells you its gonna be wiped?.
I just really couldnt be bothered doing it all again, the lvling ok i dont mind and even find some parts fun, but pointless camping places for hours/days/weeks on end to get something then to get it reset anyway :(

Just seems ive completely wasted my time. (Im a moaning git i know, typing this in work what do you expect :p )

.Cyl0n
14-09-04, 17:43
No way.

Glok
14-09-04, 18:46
Em you use your stuff like say for example my for slot cs to do epics and so on get yourself started out again. As for a new server why not just not transfer and stfu .You wouldn't have a 4 slot CS, and even if you did you couldn't use it because you would have no imps. You couldn't do anything at all, you couldn't even get a weapon made with that 60k because none of the tradeskillers would have high enough tools. And god forbid you want armor appropriate to a capped char. On the other hand seeing capped chars crowding the sewers punching small sewer rats for missions would be hella funny. As a matter of fact, yes to the full item wipe. :lol:

Dribble Joy
14-09-04, 18:49
i suggested this before the open beta.

iu still agree now.

a fresh server would be good. where tech drop rate is low and rares are rare. beltdrop in warzones too... people would be careful with the few rares there are
Belt drop in warzones = bad.
OP fights stop being about the OP and about ganking your opponent for his stuff.

Darkener
14-09-04, 19:00
You wouldn't have a 4 slot CS, and even if you did you couldn't use it because you would have no imps. You couldn't do anything at all, you couldn't even get a weapon made with that 60k because none of the tradeskillers would have high enough tools. And god forbid you want armor appropriate to a capped char. On the other hand seeing capped chars crowding the sewers punching small sewer rats for missions would be hella funny. As a matter of fact, yes to the full item wipe. :lol:

Hmm but with the partial item wipe my most important stuff is in slot 1-10 and imps in head so im ok

Glok
14-09-04, 19:02
Yeah I know, I was replying to the topic. I voted no, and if there was a 'HELL FUCK NO GODDAMNIT' option I would have voted that. :D

Darkener
14-09-04, 19:14
Ok kewl sex to you sir :P . Sick of these damn posts. Anyone who wants a full wipe can start afresh instead of trying to ram it down everyone else who doesnt want its throat . I dont want to start a fresh and i think by the poll alot of people dont want to either so please hush up .

Wolf
14-09-04, 19:32
Amen to what he said ^ :p

Carinth
14-09-04, 20:03
Too many people are attached to their stuff, it wont happen. Oh well, its a shame nc2 will be dragged down because of them.

Dribble Joy
14-09-04, 20:08
With the wipe we are getting I don;t think NC2 will be fucked over, noone (thank fuck) can bring over thier 20 apts of parts and rares, besides, with the new item disribution system and the plethora of sinks of the cash variety, bloatage should be easier to handle.

Glok
14-09-04, 20:12
Too many people are attached to their stuff, it wont happen. Oh well, its a shame nc2 will be dragged down because of them.Don't be ridiculous Carinth. Even though there are a few people muling MC5 imps it won't make any difference to the economy when the most any player will have is 60k. What exactly they are planning to do with those imps is beyond me. Maybe they can hang them on the wall in their apartment. :lol:

Another thing. A whole slew of newbies in beta have greatly benefitted from my trader being able to bring his tools and stuff. I would have simply been unable to provide what I have.

edit: Possibly you meant the ganking? Even so, the power players would be light years ahead of the newbs in a matter of days. No change there.

mishkin
14-09-04, 20:31
The in game stuff is not real but the time taken to get them is thats the point. Just because your some mr PVM sitting around leveling all day probably have about 5 slot of every weapon by two because all you do is hunt rares and make weapons. HMM omgz i cant have all my stuff fuck that delete it all

I don't think that way, and I certainly don't spend my whole days in front of the computer... I just think it'd be more practical for kk to do the wipe... less bugged chars and so on :rolleyes:
Besides, anyone can find time to play the game, and if you don't feel like leveling even ONE character up from scratch, then I'd say you're sick and tired of the game and should've left already... O_o

Carinth
14-09-04, 22:25
Don't be ridiculous Carinth. Even though there are a few people muling MC5 imps it won't make any difference to the economy when the most any player will have is 60k. What exactly they are planning to do with those imps is beyond me. Maybe they can hang them on the wall in their apartment. :lol:

Another thing. A whole slew of newbies in beta have greatly benefitted from my trader being able to bring his tools and stuff. I would have simply been unable to provide what I have.

edit: Possibly you meant the ganking? Even so, the power players would be light years ahead of the newbs in a matter of days. No change there.

You'd be suprised how few power levlers there are. There's a huge diference between maybe 50 power levelrs and 500 already capped chars. It would take at least a month before capped chars start becoming common. May not seem like much, but there's at least a breathing period then, before being capped is everything. I remember at start of nc1 retail you could count the capped chars on your hands. You were unlucky to run into one, but for the most part they weren't around. I was torched by Dr. Phil once at mb. By the time they became more common, I was high enough level to compete.

Letting bored players keep their capped chars for doy, which features very little change in pvp, is a recipe for disaster. It was this situation that brought out the worst in us for nc1. We had everything we needed, so we valued equipment very little. Furthermore we've been this way for a year or more. I really really don't want to bring that attitude to NC2. This shouldn't be viewed as a continuation of NC1, rather a new beggining. Or else we'll just continue with the same awful attitudes.

In all seriousness it's my opinion that unless you're willing to work and regain your stuff, then you don't deserve it. I would really hate to hafta get my MC5's again.. but I would do it. If you're going to spend the time to level up again and get your equipment, then go have fun pk'ing!

RayBob
14-09-04, 23:49
The fact that we've wasted countless man hours doing something extremely boring & annoying, (MC5 runs)...

I would really hate to hafta get my MC5's again.. but I would do it.Everyone hates MC5. From the day it was added that place has done nothing but cause people to argue. I quit my first clan because of fights over who was getting MC5 chips. :(

The game was so nice when a solo runner could collect anything and everything. Now, you need teams for MC5, for ultimas and slot enhancers, and with NC2 you have to trade with members of 11 other factions to get what you need.

KK could have come up with a complex system for player built outposts (as an example) but instead they put there energy into the ridiculous item redistribution system. KK continues to focus on making items rarer rather than improving the end-game. I hate the direction that the game has gone.

Glok
15-09-04, 06:53
In all seriousness it's my opinion that unless you're willing to work and regain your stuff, then you don't deserve it. I would really hate to hafta get my MC5's again.. but I would do it. If you're going to spend the time to level up again and get your equipment, then go have fun pk'ing!Well to be honest, I have started 2 newbie beta chars, in addition to the 2 I transferred, and I have been playing them far more than either my trader or my monk (my monk is sans LE, hybrid, and almost capped, imagine the chaos I could cause... :D)

I think you are right though, 500 capped bored chars could be kinda bad.

NS_CHROME54
15-09-04, 07:05
in a word: no.

full item wipe = kk can kiss their player base goodbye.

mystery8
15-09-04, 11:39
No.

Carinth: Assuming you got your way and they did a full wipe, it'd just be back to the same way in a few months (at best) anyways. Do you want periodic wipes or something?

LiL T
15-09-04, 11:54
lol umm some one was trying to sell unressed tech parts on trade in beta for 125k each I thought fucking yeah right buddy :lol: most I would charge right about now is 60k per unressed part

Original monk
15-09-04, 12:55
for me whiping the kamis is a full wipe allready :/

the 5 slotters and the MC5 cpu's thats left cant even come close to them :/

ontopic: the people voting yes here are the ones that are new to the game or broke ass ingame anyways and see this as there chance to get even ... those people have a slightly diffrent opinion then people who traded/hunted long and hard for there stuff for 2 years non-stop ... logically enough

Dirk_Gently
15-09-04, 13:16
Letting bored players keep their capped chars for doy, which features very little change in pvp, is a recipe for disaster.

Not really. I sent a couple of mates to Beta and they were getting ganked by APUs of a similar level to them. Ultimately if you want to pk noobs you can PK them with a /20.

"Those Psi guys are stupidly overpowered" apparently........

And I never noticed............. :D

Capt. Rik
15-09-04, 13:33
As NC2 is only being branded as a new game to attract new people but actually an expansion pack a full wipe is not justifiable under any circumstances.

Nuff said, thread closed! :mad:

Darkener
15-09-04, 17:33
You'd be suprised how few power levlers there are. There's a huge diference between maybe 50 power levelrs and 500 already capped chars. It would take at least a month before capped chars start becoming common. May not seem like much, but there's at least a breathing period then, before being capped is everything. I remember at start of nc1 retail you could count the capped chars on your hands. You were unlucky to run into one, but for the most part they weren't around. I was torched by Dr. Phil once at mb. By the time they became more common, I was high enough level to compete.

Letting bored players keep their capped chars for doy, which features very little change in pvp, is a recipe for disaster. It was this situation that brought out the worst in us for nc1. We had everything we needed, so we valued equipment very little. Furthermore we've been this way for a year or more. I really really don't want to bring that attitude to NC2. This shouldn't be viewed as a continuation of NC1, rather a new beggining. Or else we'll just continue with the same awful attitudes.

In all seriousness it's my opinion that unless you're willing to work and regain your stuff, then you don't deserve it. I would really hate to hafta get my MC5's again.. but I would do it. If you're going to spend the time to level up again and get your equipment, then go have fun pk'ing!

I worked damned hard for the stuff i have gotten and as far as having so much stuff i dont value this is true but there are a few items i really do value, my four slot cs top of the list then maybe the mc5's everything else other than my capped tank can go to hell.

Thing is i know how to level and level damned fast if there was a server wipe id start with my clan and i could be leveled in a week have my imps and so on shortly after if i wanted. The thing that differs the start of nc1 and nc2 is the clans and the vets that are in them. 1 can do so much on his/her own but a whole clan can be outfitted pretty fast imo . Thing is all the vet clans will be trying to get there hands on the major hunting zones and in the struggle to get capped fast and so on all the harmless newbs that will die then will be pretty high .

Carinth
15-09-04, 18:04
ontopic: the people voting yes here are the ones that are new to the game or broke ass ingame anyways and see this as there chance to get even ... those people have a slightly diffrent opinion then people who traded/hunted long and hard for there stuff for 2 years non-stop ... logically enough
I want a wipe and I have a huge collection of stuff, something like 20 apartments, 3/4 of them are full. Managing my stuff is a logistics nightmare. I've had my main character for over 2 years now, since Pluto opened up. I've slaved away as a researcher to build spells. I've spent months in MC5 to gather parts for myself an my clan. But once again, I want a wipe. So no.. it's not so easy to pidgeon-hole people that want a wipe.

Not really. I sent a couple of mates to Beta and they were getting ganked by APUs of a similar level to them. Ultimately if you want to pk noobs you can PK them with a /20.
I don't mean to say noon pk's except the capped chars.. With players near your level at least the combat isn't entirely one sided. You can fight back.. But what can you do when a capped char uses you for target practice? Two days ago on beta a capped APU from doy slipped into nc plaza 1 and was taking out lowlvl players left and right. He evidently found a nice hiding spot. Earlier the same day a capped Tank and PPU from nc slipped into doy center and were doing the same. I really think you underestimate the awful mindset many of nc's vets have gotten by now. They don't care about the game, and don't care about keeping new players.

No.
Carinth: Assuming you got your way and they did a full wipe, it'd just be back to the same way in a few months (at best) anyways. Do you want periodic wipes or something?
Nope, I've already said I don't want that. As far as I'm concerned, that you are willing to stay and work to level up/re equip your character is a liscense to do whatever you want. You've proven you still want to play this game and are not here to just waste some time pissing off people. Even if you do act like an arse, you've shown you are a contributing part of the community by leveling up your char.

What we really need to do is bring in new customers. Is it better to have a new player friendly game that devolves into unfriendly capped chars.. Or an unfriendly capped char game from the start? I would like to at least have a month or two too grab new players. By then they'll be addicted or at least be prepared for what's to come.

Darth Slayer
15-09-04, 18:29
if they do make a new server for you on the strength of this poll satyrhatyr i hope for your sake its a 4 slotter as otherwise the 6 of you who want are are gonna be REALLY lonely.
I could'nt put it better myself. Mindu theres now 25 that want it.
Given KK's track record tho they'll listen to the 25 and to hell with the rest of the comunity......... :lol:

Scorpius.

Darkener
15-09-04, 18:39
I want a wipe and I have a huge collection of stuff, something like 20 apartments, 3/4 of them are full. Managing my stuff is a logistics nightmare. I've had my main character for over 2 years now, since Pluto opened up. I've slaved away as a researcher to build spells. I've spent months in MC5 to gather parts for myself an my clan. But once again, I want a wipe. So no.. it's not so easy to pidgeon-hole people that want a wipe.

I don't mean to say noon pk's except the capped chars.. With players near your level at least the combat isn't entirely one sided. You can fight back.. But what can you do when a capped char uses you for target practice? Two days ago on beta a capped APU from doy slipped into nc plaza 1 and was taking out lowlvl players left and right. He evidently found a nice hiding spot. Earlier the same day a capped Tank and PPU from nc slipped into doy center and were doing the same. I really think you underestimate the awful mindset many of nc's vets have gotten by now. They don't care about the game, and don't care about keeping new players.

Nope, I've already said I don't want that. As far as I'm concerned, that you are willing to stay and work to level up/re equip your character is a liscense to do whatever you want. You've proven you still want to play this game and are not here to just waste some time pissing off people. Even if you do act like an arse, you've shown you are a contributing part of the community by leveling up your char.

What we really need to do is bring in new customers. Is it better to have a new player friendly game that devolves into unfriendly capped chars.. Or an unfriendly capped char game from the start? I would like to at least have a month or two too grab new players. By then they'll be addicted or at least be prepared for what's to come.

Maybe you enjoyed doing all that kinda stuff and yeah you have had your main char i have 8 chars each of them i took my time leveling and have some treasured items i like and them, Just cause your bored with your one apu and researcher dont cry on here for a full wipe

In beta NC and Doy are been raided alot because there isnt a good clan war system . It will happen in retail but imo it wont happen so often and hey stop been such a carebear they were enemys in enemys zones some hardliners from each city should have taken them out.

All i can say is never run a business because you dont fuck your old customer 's over for new ones . Why dont you go play SWG were its more friendly and leave us with our partial wipe .

core
16-09-04, 05:42
If KK is going to wipe all items, my clanmembers will all be gone. Me too, because i cant play so much anymore to get the fucking mc5 implants and the rest due to my new job as a teacher in germany. In my student time at the Uni i got plenty of time for that *whatabeautifulpast* :) but now with all the lession preperations......no thx

Greets, Core

Rith
16-09-04, 21:59
if KK do a full item wipe, they'll lose too many customers.

as a result their game will fail

then everyone will be pissed off

SO STOP ASKING FOR THE FUCKING WIPE

Morganth
16-09-04, 22:12
if KK do a full item wipe, they'll lose too many customers.

as a result their game will fail

then everyone will be pissed off

SO STOP ASKING FOR THE FUCKING WIPE

Someone give this guy a gold star! :p

Xiphias
16-09-04, 22:19
am in two minds with this tbh.

i've worked hard to equip my characters, and i've been playing for nearly 2 years so i've accrued quite alot of shit.
But i fear that for the capped players, the game will become stagnant very quicky, get bored and start picking on the new blood who will then get frustrated of getting ganked every 5 mins by a guy/team 30 lvls above him, and thinking fuck this, theres no way i can lvl and reach a lvl to where i can compete without all these bollocks and just leave. which pretty much what happens now anyway,
plus the fact that the "nicer" players who donate all old shit to new blood cause they don't need it more, this won't happen anymore cause there won't be any "hand me down imps or weapons" cause they're all being deleted! thus there will be very little powerlvling for the new blood, and will probably take them months before they can get into a position where they can actually compete.
I fully understand the facts and reasons to why people would leave the game if they lost everything, i would leave too... because to be frank, i can't be arsed to make a new conster/resser, make all those millions required to build all those 5 slotted spells i've learned to love and cherish, i can't be arsed to stand infront of 10 mc5 guards and be constantly ressing people in there.

But if reakktor had advertised this game _properly_ its sad to say, that it wouldn't really matter if we all left the game, and left to the new players, and those who wanted to start again, good for them.

All in all, i feel that reakktor letting people transfer old characters, is shortening the life span of the neocron 2.

naimex
16-09-04, 22:21
@#*&@@ guys, you're like all over new posts.

...So you want people to leave new posts alone ??

Could become a really boring forum real fast... Not allowed to reply to a post... Heavy duty communication weīre gonna get..

To go on topic... You donīt have a fully capped char do you ?

Have you tried totally capping a char from scratch.. when you CANīT powerlvl ?

I spent more than a year, and close to two years fully capping my tank.. and Iīm not even done capping the con xp yet.. I have capped all the lvls tho..

Iīve never farmed anything, havent been camping no specific places.. Havenīt been running around ganking every person I see..

I have however lost more than 300 rare parts including the only mc5 part I ever had, and most likely ever will get, due to other peoples lack of morale...

Iīve been good.... but that doesnīt matter..
Everyone has sacrificed something in some way to get their chars to the level they are now..

Sure take away our special items, weīve been collecting and been proud of forever..

Take away things that canīt be replaced simply because they will be totally removed from the game..

Hell take away all the cash, most of the cash ingame is haxxed anyways.

But screwing with peoples chars, and those few items that are absolutely essential for any player to get started again.. Is simply an improper attitude..

Try it some time.. Try dedicating yourself to something, try achieving it after years of daily playing for several hours... And then come tell me you are willing to sacrifice all that just because some god damn jealouz kid starts screaming on a forum, about fairness...

I sure as hell wonīt be satisfied if I am to lose what I have worked so hard to get, just cuz you are too lazy to take the time to actually get somewhere in a game...

Donīt make it our or atleast donīt make it my problem and take it out on me that I actually took the time to do something about the leveling instead of just crying nerf and wipe at every little thing that displeased me.

Morganth
16-09-04, 23:34
Me thinks naimex deserves a gold star as well!

Jesterthegreat
17-09-04, 13:43
I have however lost more than 300 rare parts including the only mc5 part I ever had, and most likely ever will get, due to other peoples lack of morale...

naimex dude... if your going to be playing in doy look me up for a laid back pvp clan. VENOM reforming and we will try to sort you out with whatever you need. a few of us need MC5's for our chars, and im sure we will be rare hunting too... although our main focus is PvP :)

naimex
17-09-04, 14:03
naimex dude... if your going to be playing in doy look me up for a laid back pvp clan. VENOM reforming and we will try to sort you out with whatever you need. a few of us need MC5's for our chars, and im sure we will be rare hunting too... although our main focus is PvP :)

I will be playing in DoY, but I donīt need mc5 chips..

It wouldnīt make any major changes.. It might even make it worse... like that thing with guns...

itīs really lame.. I can hit with an uncapped gun, but I canīt with a capped... And some days I can hit better with a non rare and other times I can hit better with a rare.. but basically... I can transfer anything I need, except money to make one kick ass apartment..

And those that have read what I have written in most posts about my expectations with DoY, will remember my main focus lies in customizeable apartments.. however I have noticed that each item cost a zillion creds.. which will make it take quite some time to make a really cool apartment.. but its fair enough... What you get easy holds no real value.

I will take your offer into consideration, but I have things prioritized higher than PvP.

BaDDaSS
17-09-04, 14:54
I think the poll says it all... NO!

As i said in the other thread of the same topic (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=110898):

I dont want a full whipe.

Just because you don't have your epic chips you dont feel superior to everyone else, maybe not the best fighters anymore.

It sounds like cowardess to me.

I dont want to loose everything i have ever worked for - just because you cant fight without your epic items. And im losing mine too...

Carinth
17-09-04, 18:56
The only valid argument against a wipe I've heard so far is that, ulltimately it doesn't fix anything. It's just a temporarly solution, after a few months we'll be back to the same situation.

The rest of you keep repeating the same thing over again, "I worked hard for my stuff" and either "I'm too lazy to do it again" or "I shouldn't hafta do it again." Frankly I could care less. I've put just as much time into nc and my chars as you, but I don't mind starting over for a good reason. So your arguments are totaly irrelevant. If you're too lazy to do it again, maybe that's your problem? If you don't think you should hafta do it again, that's your choice, noone is forcing you to stay. I know it's harsh, but I don't have much sympathy for people who are unwilling to work for their stuff.

My main reason for wanting a wipe is because NC2 deserves a good start. It needs to draw in new players. If to do this we loose most of the vets, well that's a price I'm willing to pay. I would rather have new energetic players then old bored vets. If you don't want to work for your stuff again, then you're not going to be contributing to a healthy population. You'll just be living off what you've already done.

Have any of you actualy played a game when it was new and had no established characters? It doesn't sound like any of you have... You don't need hand me downs, You don't need capped tradeskillers, You don't need charity donations! You shouldn't expect to compete on a capped level when you're just starting out. So go ahead and use the store bought gun, eventualy you'll save up cash to have a better one made.

When I started NC1 retail, I had noone to help me. I lived off the measely cash earned selling loot at yo's. I barely had enough to buy spells, but I was excited each time I could buy one. When I scrapped up enough money I'd find a researcher and constructor (noob's also) and they'd make me some better quality spells. I hated being broke, but it kept me working. I even took up poking as a sidejob to make some cash. When I joined a clan, I was the only monk and so I still had to do everything myself. Since then I've become one of the richest players on my server with a huge collection that still amazes me when I look at it. If I can do it, you can do it.

Jesterthegreat
17-09-04, 19:00
Carnith. if you are willing to lose everything and start again thats cool... but everyone shuld not be forced to.

as i said... 1 set of transfer servers, 1 set of fresh servers

athon
17-09-04, 19:01
How about the fact that only 17% of the community wants a wipe (assuming the poll is representative - which it probably isnt - I bet there's loads of against people who just dont even bother reading this thread). There's probably more people online on pluto right now than want a full wipe.

You've posted your poll, you've got your answer, now STFU pls.

The answer is: NO!

Athon Solo

Jesterthegreat
17-09-04, 19:05
How about the fact that only 17% of the community wants a wipe (assuming the poll is representative - which it probably isnt - I bet there's loads of against people who just dont even bother reading this thread). There's probably more people online on pluto right now than want a full wipe.

You've posted your poll, you've got your answer, now STFU pls.

The answer is: NO!

Athon Solo

i didnt see the thread starter going on about it...

athon
17-09-04, 19:07
i didnt see the thread starter going on about it...
This wasn't aimed at the thread starter, it was aimed at the full wipe community who keep repeating the same argument as if the fact that 30 people want a full wipe and the servers being clean for 2 weeks will actually make a difference - other than a mass exodus of players.

Athon Solo

Jesterthegreat
17-09-04, 19:22
This wasn't aimed at the thread starter, it was aimed at the full wipe community who keep repeating the same argument as if the fact that 30 people want a full wipe and the servers being clean for 2 weeks will actually make a difference - other than a mass exodus of players.

Athon Solo

lol.

i do agree that there shouldnt be an enforced full whipe, but i dont think that it should be a banned subject to discuss :p

Carinth
17-09-04, 20:14
As I already said I'd be be happy with a two server solution.

The only reason I still argue on this thread is because people keep posting as if they don't read. Everytime someone says "people who want a wipe are just noobs without rares who don't think its fair to compete with us" or "if you want a wipe, go ahead and delete yourself" or "i worked hard for my stuff and won't do it again, so if you wipe I leave" etc, etc. Time to post again and repeat what I said several pages back!

Just because the majority disagrees with me doesn't mean I shouldn't argue my opinion. I'm happy to know there is even 20% that agree with me, maybe there's hope afterall.

naimex
17-09-04, 20:40

The only reason I still argue on this thread is because people keep posting as if they don't read. Everytime someone says "people who want a wipe are just noobs without rares who don't think its fair to compete with us" or "if you want a wipe, go ahead and delete yourself" or "i worked hard for my stuff and won't do it again, so if you wipe I leave" etc, etc. Time to post again and repeat what I said several pages back!

Just because the majority disagrees with me doesn't mean I shouldn't argue my opinion. I'm happy to know there is even 20% that agree with me, maybe there's hope afterall.

So you think that everyone that has worked real hard getting where they are... Spent days and nights to get somewhere, deserves to lose it, just so there will be a month before the powerlevelers are capped again..

All you will get out of this, is a fools hope of dreams and glory...

You will see people finding a way to powerlevel fast, and do it, and then they will go kill you anyways, and no matter what you do (unless you find a similar way of powerleveling) they will be zillions of lvls above you, and you will die anyways. And then all you really did was push more players out of the game.

As for my mind, you havenīt thought much about it, because it is simply not a valid course of action...

And maybe I havenīt thought enough about it either..

But to speak for myself.. I have worked damn hard, and been bloody fair to everyone, and I donīt fucking deserve to lose all that, just because you have a dream of 0/2's all over, and everyone in the same dungeon, because no one can afford a gun, and when they finally do afford one, then its so crappy it wont really make a difference, and then after a month or so the first people will be really high lvl, maybe even capped... but there will still be a majority of below /20's and they wont be able to do jack shit about anything.

Which will conclude that what you are trying to do, with delaying the problem to give a short breathing period isnīt gonna work...

even a /11 can kill a /5 easily... if they wanna gank, they will gank, and it doesnt take long for the best powerlvlers to get to a higher than average rank and damaging power to clean out it all, and if they are gonna do it with their capped cahrs, they sure as hell will if they have a clear advantage as low lvls..

That is my inner image of your dream world...

Atleast with the capped chars from beginning for some, they will be battling eachother for the OPs, from the beginning.

Plus most capped cahrs wont even bother with killing people thathave just started...

And of course there is the LE... No one can afford to buy implants anyways.

So the only real problem there will be in both our "dream" worlds being there at the same time, is if people take their LE out from beginning, and get caught in the crossfire, of for instance a city raid.

Carinth
17-09-04, 23:04
Didn't I just say that? : ) I don't have a solution to the problem. Neither way is very good, but I see more potential from wiping. At least if we can delay the time before things return to "normal" maybe we'd have drawn in some new people. They might be more inclined to stay then, instead of being faced with it from the start.

Also, you really overestimate power levelers.. It is radicly different to go from a full wipe to capped char, then to just start a new char. Power leveler's often have resources already in the game to take advantage of. For example I've helped clanmates as my ppu, can easily cap them in a few weeks. I have the equipment or can get it for most anything you'd need, especialy for a monk. Without all of that, it'll take twice as long at least. A month into retail we might see a few capped chars, but they'll be rare. It won't be till after that, maybe two months that they'll start becoming more common.

naimex
17-09-04, 23:44
but even before they cap, some people will be way higher lvl than others, and if they plan to gank.. they will gank.. and then it wouldnt have helped one single bit.. then the only thing you would have achieved is that those annoyed by it, will have left...

Which from the poll, is quite a lot of people.

athon
18-09-04, 01:36
Somewhere deep inside KK HQ: Hey guys, do we want to spend a couple of grand on a server for 30 people, or our wages and more kinderschokolade?

Guess which is going to get the vote!

Athon Solo

-Demon-
18-09-04, 11:13
:(
Everyone hates MC5. From the day it was added that place has done nothing but cause people to argue. I quit my first clan because of fights over who was getting MC5 chips. :(

The game was so nice when a solo runner could collect anything and everything. Now, you need teams for MC5, for ultimas and slot enhancers, and with NC2 you have to trade with members of 11 other factions to get what you need.

KK could have come up with a complex system for player built outposts (as an example) but instead they put there energy into the ridiculous item redistribution system. KK continues to focus on making items rarer rather than improving the end-game. I hate the direction that the game has gone.

Very true Ray...I really don't like the way the item system has gone...instead of having alts in the same clan etc, people will just move thier alts to TT or wherever they need them to buy the equipment they need...people will not trust unknown players.

I can see how the item system will be used by people...people don't want that I think if anything NC1 was good for items like stealthing into TH as TT to get the heavy belts :D now that was fun...

Was reallying looking forward to the super ops etc and the epic fights to storm the canyon and TH...all but a dream now I guess :( Its a shame cuz I remember talking to you when this was all first done and sounded amazing on paper.

Back on topic .... No to a full wipe, considering the topic starter old in date joining but not in posts suggests you left and have nothing anyway, I may be wrong but I doubt it. Alot of us are losing stuff already and I have the added stress of weapons I'm taking may be wiped anyway as I have a spirit modded SH and normal SH too...I am still overall happy with the transfer apart from the last minute addition of the Sprit mods, kami etc. Like many others I would not stay if a full item wipe happened.

Seven
18-09-04, 16:16
Agrees with RayBob.

I think it has a lot do with Timesinkage rather than promoting player interaction.

Teaming is fine as an OPTION.

Jesterthegreat
18-09-04, 16:22
Agrees with RayBob.

I think it has a lot do with Timesinkage rather than promoting player interaction.

Teaming is fine as an OPTION.

the day you can do everything solo in a mmorpg is the day you should stop playing massively multiplayer role playing games, and buy buldars gate, or fallout or something.

i want to play MMORPG's as they are meant to be played... with people

Seven
18-09-04, 20:24
the day you can do everything solo in a mmorpg is the day you should stop playing massively multiplayer role playing games, and buy buldars gate, or fallout or something.

i want to play MMORPG's as they are meant to be played... with people

That's the whole problem though, there isn't enough people to play Neocron like a MMORPG is meant to be played.

And with the new changes in NC2 it's going to be even worse if we have low server numbers.

Now on the other hand, NC2 "should" rock and roll nicely with high server pops.

Jesterthegreat
18-09-04, 20:39
That's the whole problem though, there isn't enough people to play Neocron like a MMORPG is meant to be played.

And with the new changes in NC2 it's going to be even worse if we have low server numbers.

Now on the other hand, NC2 "should" rock and roll nicely with high server pops.

so...

lets wait to see the server numbers?

assuming they get the game fairly bug free the PC Zone promotion will be a massive publicity boost

jernau
19-09-04, 21:29
I don't mind starting over for a good reason.What good reason would that be?

My main reason for wanting a wipe is because NC2 deserves a good start. It needs to draw in new players. If to do this we loose most of the vets, well that's a price I'm willing to pay.If that's your answer I'm amazed you of all people would say anything so silly.

/edit - Another one banned I suspest. O_o

naimex
19-09-04, 21:31
so...

lets wait to see the server numbers?

assuming they get the game fairly bug free the PC Zone promotion will be a massive publicity boost

jester fix your signature...

thats sick..

and it doesnt make it better that the image is hosted in a folder named "mayhemmike"

Glok
19-09-04, 21:43
If a mod sees that sig before Jester does, cya Jester. :o

ShadowStriker
20-09-04, 00:52
I voted yes, i see most people voted no though

anyways this is just my 2c
I used to play in text based only games and they'd do a full wipe every month sometimes or a full wipe every time a new feature was added/a bug was fixed

as I haven't even seen nc2 yet, but considering how far nc1 came from watching it in the beta to the way it is now, i can reasonably predict that nc2 will be way different than nc1 so theres really no reason to keep anything over, as doing that would just mean more work for KK as well

anyways I really dont care, I could build a decent character again from scratch like I did b4
anyways g2g laters

Darkener
20-09-04, 01:03
who needs a full wipe just die in J01 or MB and chances are you will lose your back pack :P .