PDA

View Full Version : New GFX Card

Tratos
13-09-04, 22:40
Rawr :)

just ordered this :D http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/GeForce_6800.html (top of list)

So hopfully i'll actualy be able to PLAY GAMES that came out in the last year WELL, lol weeee

/me glares at GeForce 440 MX O_o

happy joy joy, lol :D

So then yeah new GFX card, rocks0rz

Disscuss, lol

anyone got this card and can say stuff aboot it?

Ultima
14-09-04, 00:23
its going to fly compared to ya oldie card its replacing.

Saw someone else who brought a card similar only to find out that it didn't fit with his mother board. Even tho it was AGP.

Hope it all works well tho, good luck with it

Tratos
14-09-04, 00:27
well im hoping it will fit :) but since this GF 4 is fucking HUGE, lol i think it will also i can easily get a newer mobo if that is that case.

Ultima
14-09-04, 00:30
do you know how many AGP slots your current mobo has, coz if it's only 4 then thats only 4 lines it will use of your new cards.

I remember buying a new mobo when I got my old Radeon 9700 pro a year ago. It really seemed to help improve FPS too. Hard to tell though coz the old Mobo back then was on its way out.

plague
14-09-04, 01:03
do you know how many AGP slots your current mobo has,
until this day I was under impression that they managed to have only one AGP slot on single comp o_O :D :lol:

craio
14-09-04, 01:03
The rest of your computer does meet the hardware requirements of that card right? Known a guy who tried a new GPU in his case and his computer wouldnt even boot properly anymore (the card was fine)apperently those things have cpu reqs aswell... Also heard others say there powersupply wasnt sufficient anymore.

Tratos
14-09-04, 01:05
The rest of your computer does meet the hardware requirements of that card right? Known a guy who tried a new GPU in his case and his computer wouldnt even boot properly anymore (the card was fine)apperently those things have cpu reqs aswell... Also heard others say there powersupply wasnt sufficient anymore.yeah the rest of my pc will run fine as its well within requirements as its reasonably good, just when i got my PC upgraded (last year) before i knew what i was doing it ended up with a GF4 MX, lol

Ultima
14-09-04, 03:15
until this day I was under impression that they managed to have only one AGP slot on single comp o_O :D :lol:

lol I got pwn'd there for sure, I meant how many x AGP lol

Ithaqua
14-09-04, 03:59
Good luck with the 6800... make sure the molex connectors you use on it aren't feeding any other devices though.

And i hope you don't have the problem i did... got the card, fitted it, knackered core and memory meant rainbow snow on POST and when i swapped it back... dead mobo and pci RAID card... totally dead.

Had power, no POST, and the blanking plate for the connectors at the back of the case had a pretty pattern of heat blueing on it... oh, and the pins on the AGP slot were an interesting shade of "crispy black". heh

damn thing had sucked nothing from the molex connectors (this was with no IDE devices hooked up on a 550watt psu)... and tried to drag it all through the agp slot.

One card RMAd, a new mobo later and my sis was back up and running.

btw, both the mobo and card were Asus... not exactly famous mfer when it comes to failures, guess i was just unlucky

Lucid Dream
14-09-04, 04:29
I ordered a radeon x800 xt like, 2 weeks ago... Grrr... still waiting...

Maester Seymour
14-09-04, 05:38
I got my 9800pro from the same site a few weeks ago, also to replace an oldie GF4 MX 440. They delivered it very fast too, think it actually came the next day :D. That 6800 card should be a nice improvement from ur gf4 and u'll be able to play new games hehe :)

BaDDaSS
14-09-04, 14:09
Im getting one of these cards myself, but maybe the Ultra version :D
Their ubarrrr

El_MUERkO
14-09-04, 14:18
You should of got a GT, the standard 6800 aint that uber, still thats a big upgrade so have fun :)

Ultima
14-09-04, 14:37
got my X800XT PE PCI-E from Overclockers, they delivered very fast, unfortunately the lead that powers the card was missing, so I had to make myself a temporary dodgy lead to make do till they sent me out a new lead.

Its a terrible thing to have a card like that sitting around not being used 8|

Tupac
14-09-04, 19:05
im gettin the Leadtek 6800 gt :) should be pretty good for NC2 when it comes and im currently runnin a fx 5600