PDA

View Full Version : MY TAKE ON THE NEOCRON COMMUNITY!! Please Consider

KillingMackRoo
13-09-04, 01:26
This is my response to what's wrong with the community & MOST IMPORTANTLY a solution to whats wrong with the community,

pls DONT comment on what i think is wrong with the community, as its MY opinion, but PLS comment & ADD YOUR idea's on setting our community right, pls make sure your comments are practical

there was a time when the community did get together, the germ comm neway, & forced kk to make a drastic change to the game, the community spirit making itself heard an admirable feat.

So what did they force? balance the game, synch errors, more hlth to compensate for lag, a better experience for the newer player, a bug fix, nop as some1 pointed out in an earlier post, the community cldnt even get together & protest to fix a mass dupe bug for over a month, effectively ruining the economony, so what did the germ comm vote as a single voice for?? loss of weapons at out posts, not sure if this still stands, but if u die on a german server at an outpost u drop a freakin belt,

shamefully out of the HUNDREDS of problems with the game ALL the germ comm came together for & stood up for imo frankly nothing & freaking useless, so the germans wanted an op war but with pepper park rules,

Imo the germ community is ridiculously introspective, yep they dont give a shit bout anyone else but themselves, the international community rightfully stated fixing something so fucking mindless & protested, hence the server differences. Yep op wars are now pepper park gankfests, forget the 4-5 slot spells weapons on a germ server....

The germ community completely destroyed the Uranus server, by allying with the only other decent clan, forcing the smaller clans to either fight against huge hordes of germans on an international server or leave. The germ community with their racist membership policies, at least on uranus, ie if you're not german you can't join, the exact words i was told several times by the leaders, turned uranus into one of the biggest one sided, dullest servers in the game. The sheer nerve of these guys was unbelieveable.

With the inherent instrospective & distasteful traits of the german community, & lack of clear leaders in the international community,

clan leaders need to push & force their members to vote for,
while the german leaders need to polarize their communities SYSTEMATICALLY

to vote for a single issue at a time,

ie. a single balance issue, then force the community to get behind that issue

clan leaders need to force their members to get behind that issue

ON THE FORUMS

the leaders & clan leaders need to CLEARLY indicate a topic & force the developers to READ.

THE SOLUTION

I suggest a SPECIAL HEADING ON THE FORUM or a NEW SECTION where community leaders & clan leaders SUGGEST ONE TOPIC A MONTH to allow the developers time to consider the bugfix, balance issue etc.

This way the community gets behind important issues important to the game & brings the community together, this also prevents or at least lessens the neocron team to getting swamped by suggestions.

what you have to realise a community is really just a system of opinions, how the community organises or the SYSTEM the community uses, makes or breaks HOW WELL the community EXPRESSES that opinion, a system like the above organises those opinions into a systemic cohesive whole,

& until communities get a search engine to catalogue & search for a communities opinions, or forums & online communities get the same tools corporations use to gauge popular opinion, we NEED to put in a single point of expression for the community to polarise towards.

The clan leaders need to organise themselves into a single group, ie The NCC Neocron Clan Community or NCL Neocron Clan Leaders. Each month forwarding issues to vote on & put on the specially set aside topic or forum, for the developers to consider.

WHATS BETTER? Spamming KK for fixes or sending your fixes & idea's to players who can force KK to fix issues as a majority & regularly...

I'm asking the clan leaders & community leaders to consider the above, & ask ALL of the community to push the above, pls seriously consider

Dribble Joy
13-09-04, 01:39
I sense a hammer incoming on this thread...

You can't 'fix' a community.
The forums as they are, are a good way for bringing issues to KKs attention (believe it or not), forcing people to go through their clan leaders and an overly structured way of doing things to get a point over is pointless, especially when that point in the end might not recieve any more attention than if it had been posted on the forums as they are now.

Dirk_Gently
13-09-04, 02:29
It's not just the German community mate. There have been American, Dutch and English players/groups who were just as bad.

Ultimately on the issue of bug fixes you are over complicating things. The developers know damn well what the bugs in NC1 are and I bet they know equally well what the bugs in NC2 are. Just with NC2 they have to actually fix them this time(perhaps with not working on a new game now they may have the time to do so).

The polarisation of German players vs the rest and vice versa is absolutely ridiculous. When KK finally get themselves a world view it will hopefully stop.

Lets start an anti-Server Apartheid movement. SAY NO TO NEOCRON SEGREGATION.

Gotterdammerung
13-09-04, 03:06
We've had enough of these threads lately and I see no purpose in them (especially the ones that seem to ridicule 99% of the community). You cite the german community often in your post and as banal as it was when you got to the part about their "racist policies" thats where I draw the line.

Here's a tip, please keep any racist, sexist, stereotypical, homophobic or otherwise ignorant prejudicial opinions to yourself. This is a forum about a game and thats what gets discussed here. If you want an outlet to opine your presonal views please seek it elsewhere.

Closed