PDA

View Full Version : The Neocron Community: A review.

Samhain
12-09-04, 21:58
There have been many reviews and opinions of the Neocron2 open beta posted lately, and what from what I've seen, more bad than good. Perhaps this is because the people who think highly of NC2 are too busy playing it, enjoying it and trying to track down bugs to make it a better game, rather than posting on the forums. Perhaps I'm just more inclined to read posts titled "omfg wtf is wrong with this game this sucks!!!1" instead of "Good job", because I agree with the latter and don't need to be told what I already know. I'm not sure. But in general, I've heard a lot of bad stuff about the game. People are leaving, people are threatening to leave, people are whining, people are whining AND threatening to leave... I’d just like to take the time to post something different than my opinion of Neocron2 (although I’ve made it pretty clear what it is already) and review something else: us.

Firstly, this community is the most indecisive, incapable-of-being-objective group that I've ever seen. This community is worse for it than the Counter-strike community. When the CS community was budding, there was the typical "I want a mature game" vs "stfu lol kthx" battle going on, and, as always seems, the "stfu lol kthx" group won. But at least there was a nice line between people who wanted a Rogue Spear clone, and people who wanted Quake3 with different models. It was easy for the CS community to pick which side they were going to sell out to. In the Neocron community, there's much, much less of a line, and more a big group of people who want the game to be exactly what they want. You want PvP/RP, but only when you're ready for it and only when you're in the mood for it and only on the days of the month that are even. The community isn't really divided in to 'camps' that have a specific manifesto for the way they want the game taken. Instead, most people argue about change based upon how they play the game and what will make the game easier/more fun for them. I mean, ideally, it would be nice if we could run around killing everyone else in one shot and making it so we got all their items and we never lost an item and were invincible. When I say that the community is indecisive, there's always someone who will say "I'm not indecisive!" well, you are not the community. A big group of decisive people who can’t agree on anything is still indecisive in my opinion.

So, between every major discussion (parashock, PPU importance, stealth for PEs, rares being removed from the game, MC5 being made harder/easier, epics being wiped, items being wiped, cash being wiped, skillpoints being reset, etc) there's a shitload of people saying "if you do [x], we will leave" and then there's a shitload of people who say "if you don't do [x], we will leave", and then there's even more people who jump on those two camps with their own little addition that says "and do/don't do [y], we will leave!" how do you honestly expect Reakktor to do anything? I'm suprised no one has said "if you fix the fatals, I will leave."

My point, I think, is the community often fails to actually debate on anything and establish a resolution based upon what is best for the game. Instead everyone just adds what they want to their signature, or brings up what they want to happen whenever they get a chance, and never really listens to anyone. I think more often than not threads just die off or get closed due to flaming, rather than ending with both parties having some sort of resolution.

On top of that, some of the ideas you guys have come up with, are seriously, just terrible. Even worse than "can we get a rocket launcher for CS???/" I've seen some well thought out ideas in the brainport (that doesn't mean they are appropriate for this game or fit in to the image that Reakktor is trying to attain) but some of them are just fucking horrible. I think it just goes to illustrate my point that many people post ideas that are what they want, not what is logical or beneficial for the game. I will not quote anyone in this review, because I am not here to flame anyone specific, I'm here to flame everyone. Even myself, I consider myself part of this community and everything I say here applies to me too, in no way am I trying to separate myself or elevate myself above anyone else simply because I'm the one posting it.

I had intended this to be longer, and witty, but I don’t want to come down on us too hard or more than necessary. Many of the things that are wrong with the Neocron community are wrong with every community – however, if we expect Reakktor to break free from it’s apathetic model and to take initiative, isn’t it only fair that we expect ourselves to break free from the usual disjointed and chaotic game community model? There will always be immature, shit talking 1337 speakers, there will always be overly mature people who dissect your post based upon your typing skills and grammar rather than your ideas, and there will always be stupid people with really bad ideas. But maybe, just maybe, if we got together and started forming rational and well thought out opinions on the game, we’d see change that makes the game better.

Thanks for reading, and I apologize in advance for anyone who was offended by this. Your idea for the starting weapon to be a BFG9000 wasn't THAT bad.

ezza
12-09-04, 22:08
in general this community is a good one, most people are chilled and get on with each other, of course theres going to be a RP v pker thing going on, but thats the nature of these type of games, shame shit was in UO when i played that, and to an extent AO.

most ideas in this community dont get flamed to shit within seconds of being posted like some forums, and in all fairness ive not seen that many bad ideas, and a lot of the good ideas made it into the game.

tbh you wrote a lot there and i was loosing my will to carry on reading though it but in relation to some of the things you wrote thats what i think

Mobius
12-09-04, 22:11
amen@samhain

edit: i love the fatals and yes i will leave if they fix them. there, i was first.
edit2: ezza.. this is a chilled community? damn, i'm glad i'm not part of the communities you would concider fubar.

mazzaker
12-09-04, 22:12
Nice post - BUT.
I agree with your opinion of most of the community being undecisive. I would call it something else, though - I would call it imature. And that is why I also would contradict you, in a way. There a many, many other players who are not like the ones you described. There are loads of players who actually try to be constructive, players who take part in discussions with valid arguments, players who actually want to have KK react to them. The majority of posts are from the imature people - it is clearly visible - but because it is so clear - it is okay. Because KK and the mature players know how to cope with them. If someone opens up the 34th post concerning the wipe of an item - they will just skip it, since they know the person has appearently not read the others and it is therefore simply not an important post.
I have posted aggressive stuff in the forums, too. But that is simply because I think that - even though Neocron has a pretty dastardly community - not too much can actually be blamed on it. There have been terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE miscommunications concerning the beta and its procedings by KK. If some of those had not happened, I doubt the community as a whole - the mature players like the unmature players - would have reacted the way they did.

ezza
12-09-04, 22:19
amen@samhain

edit: i love the fatals and yes i will leave if they fix them. there, i was first.
edit2: ezza.. this is a chilled community? damn, i'm glad i'm not part of the communities you would concider fubar.
hahahaha

come on theres no real serious flaming or anything, ok i myself am on my final warning, but in all of those edits ive had its never been for gross posting like you get in other forums.

most people here i get on with, you disagree on something you disagree but ive never had it carry on over from post to post with malcontent.

like i say that the old hybrids needed nerfing, but for example hinch disagrees on that, however we dont carry that on all the time nor does it get to a slanging match.

ive not seen any major shit on here since the early days of retail, now back then there was some major problems but nah sry its a chilled community imo

today ive posted in about 20-30 threads none of which are flaming or hate driven or nasty postings in anyway, disagreements ya but no major bust ups.

Mobius
12-09-04, 22:26
i think the reason to why we barely ever see any flames is because we have really sexy moderators that clean up everything superfast. i come across "edited by: random moderator" every day

Spermy
12-09-04, 22:29
*Sniff*

If you were any kinda community - you'd all be working late nights on flash for NeoMation!

*Sniff*

ezza
12-09-04, 22:29
ya but the things that get edited here are like nothing in other forums.

i got edited once for calling a friend a clan mate no less, a nib on here, OMG A NIB THATS BANABLE WTF !!!!!!111

so just cos you see edits dont mean its like someone been giving a clean mcslay to the masses.

in fact not seen any major forum fighting since the QD v Celt match up.

maybe its just the way i look at stuff, its nothing major the stuff i see here when its edited im like ugh that wasnt a editable thing comeon.

disclaimer: i am in no way saying the mods are over bearing or anything so please kindly do not edit my post and get me perma banned thanks muchly :)

LiL T
12-09-04, 22:31
You thinking this community is bad ? go check out Eve-online forums theres some really bad bitching in there

Dirk_Gently
12-09-04, 22:36
Playing Neocron has been very frustrating. The players have spent two years telling kk exactly what is wrong with a game that could basically be an all time classic were it fixed.

I guess if NC2 (haven't played beta myself) hasn't taken note then people will be annoyed and complain.

I must admit I'm a little bit worried about alot of what is being said and considering not going for NC2 (am on 56k so can't d/l the client). Especially as the people who like the game keep saying "It's Beta of course it's buggy".

ezza
12-09-04, 22:37
dirk id say youll still want to check NC2 out, ya there are problems but the game is gonna turn out ok i recon, some of the probs in beta are simple solutions, and people are reporting the problems, its up to KK to act on them.

lets hope they do

Mobius
12-09-04, 22:46
yea i see your point ezza, and well.. sex to you and the moderators and a big heap of hatred to the unmotivated whiners.

remember kids, whining is not allways bad. only when it's stupid.

Spermy
12-09-04, 22:50
yea i see your point ezza, and well.. sex to you and the moderators and a big heap of hatred to the unmotivated whiners.

remember kids, whining is not allways bad. only when it's stupid.

See my previous post for evidence. :p

Brammers
12-09-04, 22:58
With anything in life, bad news travels faster than good news - same rule applies to NC2.

From the people I know, they like NC2, in some way or the other. I've not heard many say "OMFG this is uber" to the other extreme "OMFG this suxs I quit"...Mostly "Hey this is not bad."

Playing and contributing to Closed Beta was a very pleasent experience, we would report bugs, debates changes they made in NC2. Now it's hard to do much in the Open Beta forums it's walking in a room full of 120/120 spambot.

What I want KK to do post 29th September is for 3 months - fix all the bugs before adding new content.

Dribble Joy
13-09-04, 00:03
It's not so much the community, but what the community can do.
Specifically smack talk and griefing simply for the sake of griefing, the former has caused several people (nearly including myself) to quit, which is just... sad.

Killall
13-09-04, 16:51
oops wrong thread

Xylaz
13-09-04, 17:30
Such is life, you wont get anything much different in RL, well, at least when u start to live on your own. Everyone's bithching and flaming and 99% of the earth population are complete morons. Hence the only way to live your life peaceful and quietly is to ignore the larger groups as they are gather more idiots, though sometimes its just a matter of luck.

Agent FunHead
13-09-04, 19:39
dirk id say youll still want to check NC2 out, ya there are problems but the game is gonna turn out ok i recon, some of the probs in beta are simple solutions, and people are reporting the problems, its up to KK to act on them.

lets hope they do

After 2 years of the same bugs not being fixed, I dont see that KK are even capable of fixing them. I dont belive that they will fix these bugs after NC2 beta since they acctually said that they were gonna fix them after NC1 beta and then didn't.

The reason (among a few more) that I, and i would reckon a lot of the NC vets, are wary and unhappy with the state of NC2 beta is that during and after NC1 beta we all thought that these bugs were gonna be fixed soon since thats what was said in the .plan file about NC1 retail.

I feel/worried that KK are just gonna do it all over again with NC2 and still not fix the major problems in the game and instead just opt out to fixing the easy minor bugs and problems instead.

Archeus
13-09-04, 20:54
They want

a) More money

b) Destroy characters

and

c) Game is not complete.

d) More bugs then NC1

e) Stupid bugs in NC1 still in NC2.

That said, that is why people are whining. You can go on about how terrible the community is, but the point is the community pays KKs wages. For that reason at least they should be addressing issues that the community are unhappy about.

evs
13-09-04, 20:56
You reviewed a community?

What next?

Reviews on countries?

Yeah people from khazakstan are ok 7/10

wtf O_o

Benjie
13-09-04, 21:22
You reviewed a community?

What next?

Reviews on countries?

Yeah people from khazakstan are ok 7/10

wtf O_o
Rofl, that made me laugh so much. :lol:
Somebody should Review the Reviewer. :p

Ixiod
13-09-04, 21:32
They want

a) More money

b) Destroy characters

and

c) Game is not complete.

d) More bugs then NC1

e) Stupid bugs in NC1 still in NC2.

That said, that is why people are whining. You can go on about how terrible the community is, but the point is the community pays KKs wages. For that reason at least they should be addressing issues that the community are unhappy about.

bingo.

D1S
13-09-04, 22:00
tbh, after posting a thread in the beta forum.. i have to say the community has gone down the pan. There is never anything constructive posted anymore, or at least thats worth posting. Anytime someone posts about anything they dislike the fanbois jump on it like flys to shit.

This community was once a good one, I remember when ppl would help others. And now, not a fucking chance. Take a noob in doy, no1 would speak to him, he didnt know how to use imps as no1 would tell him. This kinda shit blows big time, i takes 5 mins of anyones time to explain the basic functions of the game.

But its not just one noob i see, its loads. Ppl wonder why the game has low population. They blame the pk'ers, perhaps that does play a part, but tbh its more to do with the fact ppl ignore you if u are a noob.

Anyway going off the plot a bit, tbh i was gonna give doy a go. But now i think ill let my nc1 acc's expire and go look for a better game that isnt riddled with crap sloppy programing and a sad community,

cheers.

Lachlan
13-09-04, 22:12
congratulations.. most of you who posted in this thread just proved the threadstarter's points..

See how quickly it deteriorated into "omgkos kksux, I'm cancelling my accounts". The topic of the thread had nothing to do with the state of the game or kk. It was about the community and how it disfunctional it is. Still, it's not as disfunctional as others, I suppose.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, negative or otherwise. It's how those opinions are presented that gets me. Anyone who posts something positive or countering something that's negative (with facts, usually) is called a fanboi.

If that's what I am, fine. I think NC2 has potential and I for one am going to stick around to see if it pans out. If it doesn't, what have I lost? Even at the increased price, it's still cheaper than dinner and a movie what movie could keep me entertained for 3-4 hours a night?

Archeus
13-09-04, 22:15
The topic of the thread had nothing to do with the state of the game or kk. It was about the community and how it disfunctional it is. Still, it's not as disfunctional as others, I suppose.

Never occur to you that the state of the game or KK is why the community is currently disfunctional?

Agent FunHead
13-09-04, 22:19
tbh, after posting a thread in the beta forum.. i have to say the community has gone down the pan. There is never anything constructive posted anymore, or at least thats worth posting. Anytime someone posts about anything they dislike the fanbois jump on it like flys to shit.

This community was once a good one, I remember when ppl would help others. And now, not a fucking chance. Take a noob in doy, no1 would speak to him, he didnt know how to use imps as no1 would tell him. This kinda shit blows big time, i takes 5 mins of anyones time to explain the basic functions of the game.

But its not just one noob i see, its loads. Ppl wonder why the game has low population. They blame the pk'ers, perhaps that does play a part, but tbh its more to do with the fact ppl ignore you if u are a noob.

Anyway going off the plot a bit, tbh i was gonna give doy a go. But now i think ill let my nc1 acc's expire and go look for a better game that isnt riddled with crap sloppy programing and a sad community,

cheers.

bullshit in a can this post.

Anyone asking any noob questions on the HELP channel usually gets answered within a minute.

D1S
13-09-04, 22:23
bullshit in a can this post.

Anyone asking any noob questions on the HELP channel usually gets answered within a minute.

Pissoff, my mate... who is not a noob made a char in beta and asked in help for several things... no reply. so bullshit to u!

Agent FunHead
13-09-04, 22:26
Pissoff, my mate... who is not a noob made a char in beta and asked in help for several things... no reply. so bullshit to u!

Did he ask on HELP channel? because usually before im finished writing a reply to a question 2 or 3 other ppl answer it first

Perhaps the problem lies with the manner in which he asked for help

D1S
13-09-04, 22:28
Did he ask on HELP channel? because usually before im finished writing a reply to a question 2 or 3 other ppl answer it first

Perhaps the problem lies with the manner in which he asked for help

Yes to both questions. But this isnt just beta, its nc1 also...........

Lachlan
13-09-04, 22:29
Never occur to you that the state of the game or KK is why the community is currently disfunctional?Yes, it occurred to me. Does saying it every other post help make things any better?

Despite what anyone says, NC2 is a vast improvement over NC1. I don't care about issues like when it was promised, whether it's free, whether it's an expansion. It doesn't matter, this is the hand that we've been dealt and we can chose to deal with it or not.

If it's such a horrible experience for you, why do you hang around here making everyone else's life miserable? Why do you insist on stirring up the shit pot at every opportunity?

We know KK, the game, and the community have problems. However, I've seen more effort and more results out of KK in the last month than I've seen come out of any whine post in the last year.

Agent FunHead
13-09-04, 22:44
Yes to both questions. But this isnt just beta, its nc1 also...........

so what your saying is that the problem is that your friend doesnt know how to ask for help

Whats this got to do with the NC community?

Samhain
13-09-04, 23:10
What next?

Reviews on countries?

Except, countries get reviewed all the time for various things.

Either way, hats off to you for not only missing the point, but for not being able to comprehend that the word "review" means more (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=review) than the fashion that movie and games are reviewed.

Not true. In fact, one of the biggest misconceptions of pay-to-play games. Paying the makers does not mean suddenly you own the game or get a piece of the pie. It means you are pleased with what they are providing. They run the show, you don't. Now, of course showstopping bugs prevent you from recieving the service that they are advertising, and that's one thing, however "issues that the community are unhappy about" is ambiguous. Parashock? Not for the community to decide. If Reakktor wants a game with parashock in it, then we get a game with parashock in it. Don't like it? Don't pay for it. In fact, I think when developers listen to the community it can be one of the worst things for the actual vision of the game, because the community, more often than not, doesn't know shit about game mechanics, development, balancing issues, and as I've said in the post, isn't able to argue objectively about topics without throwing personal bias and their desire to "win" in to the mix. Counter-strike, again, perfecat example of what happens when developers listen to popular ideas. Mob rule = never a good thing. That doesn't mean that well thought out debates shouldn't be brought to the devleopers consideration - but should they decide that what you want isn't what they want, you can't fucking hold it against them. It's their product. Should they be fixing bugs? If they want people to buy the game, yes. But posting on the forums about it every 3 seconds isn't going to get them to fix them any faster. Unsuscribing or organizing some sort of boycott would do more. My post is not so much at bugs,because bugs are things that prevent the product from functioning, it's at the general abusiveness of the community towards each other and their inability to communicate without comparing the size of their dicks.

D1S
13-09-04, 23:44
[ edited - I was tempted to leave this as testament to the thread starter's case, but I can't ]

Dirk_Gently
14-09-04, 00:11
Ultimately all I want is a bug free NC2. If I buy it and it's buggy and badly supported then I reserve the right to whinge like a bitch. :p If it isn't then I won't.

Necrosadistic
14-09-04, 01:15
Let me just say soemething...

When I started playing NC a year ago, I enjoyed it immensely and I still do...

The amzing thing is, that the same people that were bitching about NC a year ago, are STILL HERE! If you hate this game with such a passion, why don't you leave? Seriously, the way you post on the forums, you seem to despise Reakktor media, you seem to think MJS is a traitor/idiot/liar, you hate NC, you hate the mods, you hate the GMs, you hate the forums, you hate everything!

Do you think anyone would want to listen to a community which is so hostile to the people that created the world which everyone spends hours every day in? Do you think Reakktor employees feel very eager to do what you want when you call them liars, bastards and incompetents?

Being polite to the small beleagured team that keeps this game running is not difficult, even if you are against what they do. Go and start your own game company, it's not like Reakktor made lots of money before NC or had a big starting capital... Then talk about mismanagement and incompetence, when your game bombs because of a simple lack of funds.

evs
14-09-04, 01:28
Way to partial quote me out of context there.

I do know what a review is thankyou, and i also am aware of the many forms a review can take - Thanks for your concern.

Either way I find your 'review' very imbalanced - which turns your 'review' into nothing more than an 'opinion'.

And so in the rather ironic terms, I as part of the community, review you're opinion and find it lacking, bitter, hollow and contains the hallmarks of someone who feels spurned by a group they wished to be part of - and so instead decide to try and rock the foundations instead of sucking it up.

Judging by many of your past fracas on these forums, It's looking like I'm probably not far from the mark.

2/10

Must do better :lol:

Samhain
14-09-04, 01:44
Way to partial quote me out of context there.

The context was fine. Nice try falling back to the "you misquoted me" card. I didn't need to quote the rest of your post. "What's next, reviews of countries" implied that a review of a country was ridiculous or unheard of, and by 'what's next' you imply it's some sort of next step from the current topic - which is a review of a community. In of doing this you attack my review of the community by indirectly playing it up as silly or otherwise pointless. My response was that reviews of countries occur all the time, and you ever so cleverly mocked the notion of a "review" as if it would be quantiative when in reality I gave - like many reviews do - a qualitative description of what I think the problems are. I could have just as easily called it "My feelings on the current Neocron community", but as my introductory paragraph showed, I was trying to get us to look at ourselves for a bit instead of the focus on badmouthing reakktor that some people have turned in to their day jobs.

I do know what a review is thankyou, and i also am aware of the many forms a review can take - Thanks for your concern.

Next time, show it.

Either way I find your 'review' very imbalanced - which turns your 'review' into nothing more than an 'opinion'.

Which is all a review is anyway. Nice try.

And so in the rather ironic terms, I as part of the community, review you're opinion and find it lacking, bitter, hollow and contains the hallmarks of someone who feels spurned by a group they wished to be part of - and so instead decide to try and rock the foundations instead of sucking it up.

And this is just pseudointellectual rubbish.

QuantumDelta
14-09-04, 04:26
It's becoming more common that I agree with you Samhaim STOP IT :p

--

NC, with few exceptions, as a community, is horrific, and not one that I could choose to develop for, that's for sure.

NC, does feel quite regularly, as bad, worse than the CS community.

It's not the worst community I've been at, but most definately, it's helpless, and hopeless.

That's why I gave up trying to help fix this game -- which is doomed, never to be balanced (no offence lupus but people don't listen to you well enough, nor do I imagine ALL of your ideas will be implemented), never to stop fataling, never to stop giving crappy fps for crappy graphical return, I mean, Neocron gives me 42 (vsync) FPS on close to max detail out in the wastes.

What's in the wastes that takes up so much shiznit?
There's doom3 levels that are just as big, sure, they take longer to pre-load their stuff, but man, it is a lot more impressive.

DX9? -- This is an upgraded, not new engine, sure they can put a few new features in now, and it's said in the file plan it SUPPORTS more, doesn't say they'll use it though.

I've completely resigned myself from trying to fix things around here.

Agent FunHead
14-09-04, 04:53
Let me just say soemething...

When I started playing NC a year ago, I enjoyed it immensely and I still do...

The amzing thing is, that the same people that were bitching about NC a year ago, are STILL HERE! If you hate this game with such a passion, why don't you leave? Seriously, the way you post on the forums, you seem to despise Reakktor media, you seem to think MJS is a traitor/idiot/liar, you hate NC, you hate the mods, you hate the GMs, you hate the forums, you hate everything!

Do you think anyone would want to listen to a community which is so hostile to the people that created the world which everyone spends hours every day in? Do you think Reakktor employees feel very eager to do what you want when you call them liars, bastards and incompetents?

Being polite to the small beleagured team that keeps this game running is not difficult, even if you are against what they do. Go and start your own game company, it's not like Reakktor made lots of money before NC or had a big starting capital... Then talk about mismanagement and incompetence, when your game bombs because of a simple lack of funds.

erm im not sure who you are directing this too, maybe just the whole community but for me I have never hated NC, the game itself, I love playing it and hopefully will do for some time to come.

What I do dislike however is mainly to do with how the company is running the game, i.e:-
lack of major bugs being fixed a lot of which have been around since NC1 beta (its months and months at a time we have to put up with random areas blocked off by badly placed barrels or castle walls in TH because theres a problem which for whatever reason takes 2 months to fix minimum. How long was MC-5 shut off so that they could add a fence and barrels around the back room),
lack of storyline events since NC1 Beta (which I waited patiently for since beta because we were assured that after the Major bug fixes were done these would start),
free download addons that arent free and dont get released (Ive read the oppinions about how its evolved and they have added new content since doy was to be a free download but except for the DX9 engine upgrade Ive not noticed much else added to doy, I thought that partly the reason for doy being free in the first place was because it was bringing features that didnt make it into NC1 retail, like hacknet),
Lack of communication from KK (rarely get more than the most vaguest of explinations why, if any, for changes etc).

My point is that even though I may complain about things to do with this game does not mean that I do not enjoy the game, The truth is I love this game but I get angry when I see changes for the worse being implemented (the new RPOS and new player models, mainly the PSI monk although they all look weird and worse than the old models except maybe the SPY hrrhrr). I also get angry when I feel we are being mistreated.

Then when I or someone else voices their concerns, they are called whiners and there post is just thrown out the window with stop bitching, not only by others in the community but more often than not its said by KK in one of their very rare posts.

I'd expect that this is the case for most of the soo called whiners out there because if they really didnt like the game then they wouldnt play but the community and KK keep trying to create this either u like the game and must never complain about any aspect of it or the way its run or you must hate the game and your only posting to try and create hate about the game or to destroy it or that you just like to bitch about anything for fun.

It reminds me of the southpark ep about the war on terror, "If you dont like America, then git out." :lol:

sanityislost
14-09-04, 05:10
OK i havent really read thru all the posts in this thread, but whats ive gathered
so far is someone bitching about the Community....[ edited ]

This is community is chilled, and its one of the main reasons i keep playing this
game. Ive kicked about on a few other forums and i dont even get half the
enjoyment i do when im chilling out with people from NC

SiL ..:..

LiL T
14-09-04, 05:25
Well the Community plainly is bad I make a post regaurding the state of the soulight system and what do I get?

People I have pked general carebear types coming in and bitching about my playing style I did not want to talk about that crap. I wanted suggest the SL system to be altered its seems every damn thread gets flaming in it

The Community will be the death of this game !

G.0.D.
14-09-04, 05:28
oh wow, you fixed the fucking community. you posted a bitch thread about bitch threads. Good fucking job.

LiL T
14-09-04, 05:30
oh wow, you fixed the fucking community. you posted a bitch thread about bitch threads. Good fucking job.

Like I said seems people need to vent anger in all directions :rolleyes:

Samhain
14-09-04, 05:56
[ edited ]

This is community is chilled,

This community is chilled? Bullshit, you may be in a position where nobody harasses you or maybe people just stopped giving a fuck what you say, but if you sat and watched trade/ooc for a couple minutes you'd see the level of "chill" this community is really at.

It's becoming more common that I agree with you Samhaim STOP IT

uh oh.. ummm.. anime sucks! it takes no skill to draw! american cartoons are far more sophisticated and have better storylines!

edit:

Also, to add something I wanted to add but was too busy being flamed by the wonderful community members defending the friendly image of the community that I am apparently tarnishing just by having a different opinion.... it seems like whenever reakktor changes something, they're wrong. new models? they suck! but the old one suck too! but we want the old ones back. but we want new content. but we hate the new content. there's always someone or, usually, quite a few people, who's really pissed off with whatever KK does

Mobius
14-09-04, 06:11
I like this thread.. it shows the different people in the community.

1. The good
2. The bad
3. The ugly

Glok
14-09-04, 06:57
Hm. I didn't read this thread or even more than the first few sentences of the first post. Why? Because a bitch thread is still a bitch thread is still a bitch thread. I have better ways to use my time than reading rants. Maybe that is why I don't think the community is that bad, I conveniently ignore what displeases me. :lol:

edit: Ok I read the first post. Fair points all around.

Agent FunHead
14-09-04, 07:07
[ edited ]

This community is chilled? Bullshit, you may be in a position where nobody harasses you or maybe people just stopped giving a fuck what you say, but if you sat and watched trade/ooc for a couple minutes you'd see the level of "chill" this community is really at.

uh oh.. ummm.. anime sucks! it takes no skill to draw! american cartoons are far more sophisticated and have better storylines!

erm you seem to be whats wrong with the community lol

You just insult/flamed everyone including QD who was agreeing with you :wtf:

Also, to add something I wanted to add but was too busy being flamed by the wonderful community members defending the friendly image of the community that I am apparently tarnishing just by having a different opinion.... it seems like whenever reakktor changes something, they're wrong. new models? they suck! but the old one suck too! but we want the old ones back. but we want new content. but we hate the new content. there's always someone or, usually, quite a few people, who's really pissed off with whatever KK does

Yes we wanted new models but by new models we mean BETTER models not worse ffs I thought that was pretty clear

For example the PSI monk has lost his cool jacket and now looks almost the same as the SPY, not to mention that they proportionally look wrong with increadibly thin limbs and a lot of the male models seem to have female haircuts :wtf:

Mobius
14-09-04, 07:19
You just made an example of Samhain's point.

We wanted better models not worse models ffs blablabla whine whine.. that's YOUR opinion on the new models.. i myself think that they are quite nice. Even though i'd probably do them a bit different. So you see.. 2 opinions saying different things. What's fucked up is this.. People don't really ever start threads that's positive to the changes. People really only seem to have the energy to say something if it's something they want to change.

You want the monk clothes back ok.. i like the cape-like clothes too but think of it this way. If the monks didnt have capes when you started playing neocron would you then go on the forum and say "Oh i want capes for the monks, they look lame without them" No.. probably not because it's not something that you normally really associate with monks. You want them to be there because they were there in the original neocron.

Agent FunHead
14-09-04, 07:21
You just made an example of Samhain's point.

We wanted better models not worse models ffs blablabla whine whine.. that's YOUR opinion on the new models.. i myself think that they are quite nice. Even though i'd probably do them a bit different. So you see.. 2 opinions saying different things. What's fucked up is this.. People don't really ever start threads that's positive to the changes. People really only seem to have the energy to say something if it's something they want to change.

OK put it this way the old models looked human, the new ones dont

Mobius
14-09-04, 07:24
Well yea i agree that they don't look quite human now, but then again i kinda like the slightly cartoony style. I'd like them to look a bit more gritty though.. but still cartoony. We're loosing the subject now though.. this is not about the models

edit: i edited my last post btw.. u might want to read that

Ixiod
14-09-04, 07:26
erm you seem to be whats wrong with the community lol

You just insult/flamed everyone including QD who was agreeing with you :wtf:

No pal, QD said "I seem to be agreeing more and more with you, stop that!" so Samhain said "anime sucks!" because he knew he wouldn't agree with that. Sarcasm. That made me laugh btw Samhain, lol although anime is sweet you gotta admit. :D

Agent FunHead
14-09-04, 07:31
No pal, QD said "I seem to be agreeing more and more with you, stop that!" so Samhain said "anime sucks!" because he knew he wouldn't agree with that. Sarcasm. That made me laugh btw Samhain, lol although anime is sweet you gotta admit. :D

ah I see lol. sorry didnt pick up on that hehe

Samhain
14-09-04, 07:34
Just to rub it in:

Sarcasm (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm)

And yeah... I used to dislike anime, but I've grown to appreciate it a bit :)

Agent FunHead
14-09-04, 07:39
Just to rub it in:

Sarcasm (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm)

And yeah... I used to dislike anime, but I've grown to appreciate it a bit :)

I know what sarcasm is thank you but as you should know text is not the best medium for it

Samhain
14-09-04, 07:40
fair enough. it also stems back to a previous argument that QD and I were having.

Dirk_Gently
14-09-04, 13:23
NC, with few exceptions, as a community, is horrific, and not one that I could choose to develop for, that's for sure.

Well the game is basically a major-league gankfest so I wouldn't be too surprised that people don't get on and have a very bad attitude. It's basically CS plus dying actually being irritating.

The game dictates the community not the other way around.

sanityislost
14-09-04, 16:47

Only problem with trade is the people talking there, tho i cant really bitch
about that since i do it also :p

Again your bitching about others bitching....scary fetish you got there

anyway about the new models n stuff, i like them they looks way better than
the ones from NC1

SiL ..:..

ezza
14-09-04, 17:09
Well the game is basically a major-league gankfest so I wouldn't be too surprised that people don't get on and have a very bad attitude. It's basically CS plus dying actually being irritating.

The game dictates the community not the other way around.
i find it strange about that, you see theres very few people who i dont get on with.

be them enemies or allies, with exception of one person ive never had a trade channel flame fest, most my enemies even after fighting them i still talk to them.

i would often get enemies DM after a fight to say good fight or whatever because they know if they said it to anyone else in the clan there would be a mock fest right back at them.

so i guess its just me, ive never involved myself with the OOC/trade flaming and it neither bothers me or concerns me.

i just ignore if i dont like, and since they get no responce they stop.

meh i just dont concider this community bad, more so in comparison to other online games that ive been involved with community wise.

hinch
14-09-04, 17:11
like i say that the old hybrids needed nerfing, but for example hinch disagrees on that, however we dont carry that on all the time nor does it get to a slanging match.

LIER i hate you you hybrid hating scum !!! *flame flame flame*

j00 ruined my game !!!!1122

oh well i cant be arsed ezza is fluffy even if he is a pvp nib :)

ezza
14-09-04, 17:16
OMG WHO YOU CALLING PVP NIB IM GONNA PWN JOO BITCH!!!!1231231231231

time for the barcode
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||| |||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||| ||||
||||||||||||| |||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||

HAHAHAHAHA MOCKS ON YO NIBBLETS

hinch
14-09-04, 17:44
FU melee monk could pk you.

sir nibalot.

gimmie my hybrid back cunts

evs
14-09-04, 22:04
The context was fine. Nice try falling back to the "you misquoted me" card. I didn't need to quote the rest of your post. "What's next, reviews of countries" implied that a review of a country was ridiculous or unheard of, and by 'what's next' you imply it's some sort of next step from the current topic - which is a review of a community. In of doing this you attack my review of the community by indirectly playing it up as silly or otherwise pointless. My response was that reviews of countries occur all the time, and you ever so cleverly mocked the notion of a "review" as if it would be quantiative when in reality I gave - like many reviews do - a qualitative description of what I think the problems are. I could have just as easily called it "My feelings on the current Neocron community", but as my introductory paragraph showed, I was trying to get us to look at ourselves for a bit instead of the focus on badmouthing reakktor that some people have turned in to their day jobs.

It's just common courtesy to quote fully and correctly. As my original post was intended as very tongue in cheek, You obviously decide to try and analyse every word to scruitinise for an attack.

Again if you read my original post and not directly just take the lines which fit your own purpose - and read it in the light it was obviously and clearly intended, you can see that it wasnt an attack.

If it was an attack, i'd be far more blunt.

I agree, the topic should have been called 'my feelings on the neocron community'.

In all

Next time, show it.

I've nothing to prove to you, nor the time nor inclination to cover every possible angle for people looking for excuses in a post. It appears from your reply to my posts and other posts that you seem very judgemental and lacking in the tolerance department.
This also appears to be the root of your review.

Either way, reading the other replies you have given - does appear you have a very much 'my way or the high way' attitude.

So in short, no I don't agree with your opinion of the community - and i would go so far in to say 'it's rubbish' - and that's my own opinion.

Cheers.

Samhain
14-09-04, 23:30
As my original post was intended as very tongue in cheek

It didn't seem like it. "wtf O_o" doesn't usually denote a lack of seriousness...

Oh, you know what, my original post was tongue in cheek too, you just misunderstood :rolleyes:

evs
15-09-04, 00:02
It didn't seem like it. "wtf O_o" doesn't usually denote a lack of seriousness...

Oh, you know what, my original post was tongue in cheek too, you just misunderstood :rolleyes:

Well of course it wouldn't to you now would it :rolleyes: