PDA

View Full Version : Something To Assist The French Team

Genty
12-09-04, 00:53
Seems as though no one has spotted this over on this forum, they have a discussion on the French forums as, well, it is only relevent to those who play on the french server. However, as I know many people over here play it too I thought this would promote some interesting talk. Anyway, whats am I talking about? Something that was announced on the 2nd of Sept.

Montreal- September 2th, 2004- Leader MMOG services provider Alchemic Dream Inc. and Gary Gygax, famous father of the Pen & Paper Role playing Game genre with games like Dungeons and Dragons or Lejendary Adventure, team up in order to bring strong live storylines in the MMOG industry.

Aurelien Merville, CEO of Alchemic Dream Inc. comments "Gary Gygax has created the RPG genre and knows, better than anybody else, how to produce, with our game masters, epic adventures in a virtual world. Our skilled and experienced team will, with the precious help of Gary Gygax, develop breathtaking storylines and a powerful RPG dimension."

Gary Gygax adds :
It is with considerable pleasure and enthusiasm that I delve into the magic and mysteries of the Alchemic Dream online game universe. The opportunity to devise new and interesting stories and situations for so many dedicated players is exciting to me, and I look forward to the challenge.

(NOTE: For all those that don't know, AD run the French Neocron server)

Spermy
12-09-04, 00:57
Kidnap Gygax! We wannit!

Not that the gms on our servers are crap...

ONOES! THEY HAVE COME FOR ME!!!

*Mysteriously disappears*

nugz420
12-09-04, 01:00
Venus has always been better than the international servers as far as roleplay and events go.Not sure about the german server as I never really played there.

Guess this new addition to th AD team will just put them even further ahead in the events and storyline departments.

athon
12-09-04, 01:10
I'd lke to point out that Alchemic Dream is a large company (apparently Canadian based) that does a lot of work with a lot of MMO's, so this appointment may in fact have nothing what so ever to do with Neocron.

You can find their website at http://www.alchemicdream.net/

From their press releases:
Alchemic Dream is a Canadian company specialized in MMOG management, support and localization. Alchemic Dream manages games like Dark and Light, Project Entropia, Neocron, A Tale in the Desert and Adellion, and owns the largest MMOG catalog in Europe. For more information about Alchemic Dream, visit the corporate website www.alchemicdream.net or contact the company at info@alchemicdream.net.

Athon Solo

Spermy
12-09-04, 01:14
:)

Whoops...

Anyhow - a string of words

Bonfire, our, piss, on, way, to....

:p

Would be good if NC Got that treatment though

Philchow
12-09-04, 02:23
Well, actually, Gary Gygax will first work on Dark and Light (AD is supporting DnL).

However, one can hope that this man will influence AD on every game they propose. And yes, AD rox... :)

seraphian
12-09-04, 06:57
sorry, but Gygax may be a legend, but his style is SO old school it's OBSOLETE...

The origional D&D modules are primitive, barely-interactive dungeoncrawls with 0 atmosphere, impossible deathtraps and barely present storylines.... his work since has ben unremarkable at best, and obfuscated at best.

in otherwords a lot like NC :P

no seriously, though I can go get him if you guys want :P

*walks up to Gary Gygax. "Excuse me, but does this rag smell like cloroform to you?*