View Full Version : [idea] people killing allies

LiL T
11-09-04, 21:40
This is my idea to solve problems with allied/neutral faction ganking I don't want this thread to have lots of flaming so read befor you post.

Soulight is just not working I think it should be removed and replaced with a flaging system which is based on how many allied runner you have killed through out the day. It will work like this you pk an allied/neutral faction runner you get your pk flag raised once that pk flag gets to a certain number you will be attacked by faction gaurds and copbots. It will take 24 hours of real time for this flag to reset and missions will not lower it this means if you want roleplay a killer you only got a few kills per day then you must leave the city.

The 5 item drop should be scraped instead your safe slot no longer is safe but has a random chance of droping just like every other item you carry. One other thing you pk too many people you are booted from your faction and become an outlaw with no safe slot and are KOS to all factions and copbots. I think the citys should be a safe place but not too safe if you really need to kill some one for being a dick you can do it but only 3 times in one 24 hour spell. If a flaged person is trying to kill you all you would need to do is get near the nearest faction gaurd or copbot and they will responed with a swift burst of plasma.

I think this will allow people to roleplay a killer/murderer if they want to not many real life killers get through more than 1 murder let alone 3 in one day. Also this should protect people that don't want too pvp and the city will be fairly safe the copbots should do there jobs not stand there when some one is killing people.

seraphian
11-09-04, 21:50
hm... interesting idea...

Honestly I'm all in favor of 'allowing' friendly PK as long as the penalties are suitably severe... massive belt drops and hostile guards sound pretty severe to me.

LiL T
11-09-04, 22:02
Well the lower your soulight with missions and then continue to pk greens has got to go its bullshit you kill people in real life you go behide bars for life. What this flaging would do is simulate an investigation sort of thing you kill too many peeps in one day the police will find you and your screwed 5 item drop fine by me

rob444
11-09-04, 22:02
Simply make that if the player has killed to many allies for a period of time he automatically gets booted from his faction and get great deal of sympathy lost with all his previous allied factions.

Juht
11-09-04, 22:03
I think your idea would work as long as the guard AI is fixed accordingly, which Reakktor has said will happen. I like it.

However, I think Reakktor wants to leave it up to the community to impose order. Some people play with real life morals and values which doesn't allow them to take killing lightly. Those are the people that will lead by example. For some people this will work, for others, they'll just have to live with always being hunted by us green soulighters.

LiL T
11-09-04, 22:06
So far more people have voted NO fine I'll make a CA hybrid character on my second account and gank noobs every day till this problem is sorted. Now you see where I comming from other people will do the same and people will leave the game its a bit too easy to pk allied runners atm :rolleyes:

Edit: I can come out of the GR after killing 3 people pick my shit up do missions and continue to pk with no copbots bothering me and thats using no rares

Shinbo
11-09-04, 22:10
I like that idea, BUT:

I think there should be less time to recover from that flagged status. Anyway, that time should be ingame time so you can't just log out the char and wait for a period of time. That would mean that you really have to run around outside of cities and live the real life of a criminal.

As I hate the idea of losing my safeslot, as many other people do, it would do better to abandon that idea. No one would want to be a criminal when it has a disadvantage like that. I'm not really creative, so you should find out an alternative way to make the life of a criminal less attractive (if that is what you intend to do by disabling the safe slot).

Just my two cents.

Juht
11-09-04, 22:11
But being an intelligent person to come up with such an idea, even if it doesn't happen, you shouldn't add to the problem. Use your skills and be with the rest of us that help fix the problem. Keep green soulight and PKers are not safe.

LiL T
11-09-04, 22:16
But being an intelligent person to come up with such an idea, even if it doesn't happen, you shouldn't add to the problem. Use your skills and be with the rest of us that help fix the problem. Keep green soulight and PKers are not safe.

No the problem will remain even if some people try to combat it like I said nothing stops me from being a complete arsehole missions will help me get positive soulight.

Xian
11-09-04, 22:40
It's a decent idea, but I think it could do with some tweaking/outside ideas.

I mean, City Mercs would be royally screwed. If we were contracted to kill a certain clan we'd only be able to kill a few before we had to bugger off and twiddle our thumbs for 24 hours. Unless, of course, it was TG.

Also, would it be all faction guards shooting at you or just the ones from the faction you've been flagged against? I wouldn't want to be killing Tangent and end up being slaughtered by Protopharm guards when I was just strolling by. Plus, as far as I know the copbots are still SL guards only... I don't think they'd mingle with inter-faction politics.

But, I do like the idea of losing the safeslot. I don't know how it would work if you ended up with -16 SL and maximum flags against you, but I doubt that's very important at the moment.

As for going around continuing to kill allied runners... not a very good way to get your point across.

LiL T
11-09-04, 22:48
For the city mercs clan wars would fix that you wanna be a city merc you roleplay the factions hired guns job. But its up to KK to implement the clan wars feature and thats a new problem all together which could cause griefing on a a much bigger scale. So yeah that needs to be thought out and so far no one has come up with a good way of doing it theres allways some problem like alts declaring war on clans so there CM mains can go around killing people

joran420
11-09-04, 22:59
no it will not be nearly as bad in retail...in beta ppl have total anomnity...in retail once you put effort into a char you wont wanr to ruin the rep

and mid lvl and low lvl PKers will be handled quickly by other players....as will high lvl PKers....but currently everyone is low lvl and there is no point in building a rep...you can be the biggest ass in the world and once retail starts on one will know who you are....

I do not think it will be a problem at all in retail...and ive had my LE out since i was a 0/2 beta n00b a week ago and ive leveled up to about /30 in all the most popular places ive only gotten PK'd once

LiL T
11-09-04, 23:09
no it will not be nearly as bad in retail...in beta ppl have total anomnity...in retail once you put effort into a char you wont wanr to ruin the rep

and mid lvl and low lvl PKers will be handled quickly by other players....as will high lvl PKers....but currently everyone is low lvl and there is no point in building a rep...you can be the biggest ass in the world and once retail starts on one will know who you are....

I do not think it will be a problem at all in retail...and ive had my LE out since i was a 0/2 beta n00b a week ago and ive leveled up to about /30 in all the most popular places ive only gotten PK'd once

No if I get ganked by allied runners I will gank them then there friends will gank me then my friends will gank them then everyone ganks everyone I use to be TG the canyon was a fucking joke you stand there minding your own and some dicks come and rezz kill you. I left TG becuase of it and so did many others it fell apart some months after and TG held no outposts whats so ever TG was a very fun faction to be in we where evil yes but we worked together . Not anymore though its a dead faction in NC1 simply because of the arseholes that kill there own you want the same shit to happen in neocron or doy?

NS_CHROME54
11-09-04, 23:20
and of course, you don't lose anything for killing a flagged player, and it doesn't contribute to your "3 strikes".

also of course make it if a non-flagged allied player attacks you and you kill him in self defence, it doesn't contribute to your 3 strikes.

edit: i voted "yes"

LiL T
11-09-04, 23:26
and of course, you don't lose anything for killing a flagged player, and it doesn't contribute to your "3 strikes".

also of course make it if a non-flagged allied player attacks you and you kill him in self defence, it doesn't contribute to your 3 strikes.

edit: i voted "yes"

exactly my point the soulight system does does not work if some TG attacks my BD character right now I kill him for being shit I take a soulight hit not acceptable imo

Xylaz
11-09-04, 23:33
yeah something needs to be done about it.

Though i think your idea is a little too complex, why not (as many people suggested before) remove soullight and base npcs (guards) behaviour completely dependant on the faction sympathy?
As far as i know, the faction symphathy valuse are "supposed" to be fixed so there will be a certain amount of faction sympathy points in the circle. When u kill FA, you lost sympathy to FA but gain the equal amount of sympathy to FA enemies.
If a sympathy is negative faction guards will kos you (copbots and doy guards already kos everyone who draws the weapon, so its easy here), if ur faction sympathy is negative u're booted out of ur faction.
Such system encourage red vs blue so it should be okay with the current political standings.
If u want to kill enemies than great, if u want to kill allies, allies will KOS you (you're simply faction enemy), if u want to kill everyone you'll get KOS by everyone.
No need for soullight there, and the penalty of beeing kos by the faction guards (*but* guards would have to be fixed - finally - so they would kill the faction enemy instead of shouting pointless threads) is severe enough.

Though the flaging system could be a very good idea to prevent griefing.

-=Dredduk=-
11-09-04, 23:34
This is my idea to solve problems with allied/neutral faction ganking I don't want this thread to have lots of flaming so read befor you post.

Soulight is just not working I think it should be removed and replaced with a flaging system which is based on how many allied runner you have killed through out the day. It will work like this you pk an allied/neutral faction runner you get your pk flag raised once that pk flag gets to a certain number you will be attacked by faction gaurds and copbots. It will take 24 hours of real time for this flag to reset and missions will not lower it this means if you want roleplay a killer you only got a few kills per day then you must leave the city.

The 5 item drop should be scraped instead your safe slot no longer is safe but has a random chance of droping just like every other item you carry. One other thing you pk too many people you are booted from your faction and become an outlaw with no safe slot and are KOS to all factions and copbots. I think the citys should be a safe place but not too safe if you really need to kill some one for being a dick you can do it but only 3 times in one 24 hour spell. If a flaged person is trying to kill you all you would need to do is get near the nearest faction gaurd or copbot and they will responed with a swift burst of plasma.

I think this will allow people to roleplay a killer/murderer if they want to not many real life killers get through more than 1 murder let alone 3 in one day. Also this should protect people that don't want too pvp and the city will be fairly safe the copbots should do there jobs not stand there when some one is killing people.

Not bad idea... should stop me from getting ganked by these random people.... if i remember right of them was called little terror ^_^ :p

RayBob
11-09-04, 23:45
Step 1

Killing an ally or neutral should be defined as doing at least 20% of the damage that results in a player’s death or making the final blow that actually kills them. If the person attacked you first (did any amount of damage to you) then it would be classed as self-defense and not count as an ally kill. If the attacker is in the same clan as you or you are teamed with them the rule does not apply. This rule would apply to all zones.

Step 2

When you kill an ally or neutral, the victim sees a dialog box asking if you wish to “press charges” against the attacker. (Multiple dialog boxes would be used for multiple attackers.) If the attacker was a friend and you guys were just messing around or if he made an honest mistake and apologized you would select No. If, on the other hand, it was intentional you would select Yes.

The criminal would then be wisked away to a jail. He would have to spend 2 in-game hours there. An NPC at the jail would explain the consequences of killing allies and before he could leave he would have to acknowledge that he understood. Additionally, a monetary fine of 20% of the attacker’s cash would be paid to the victim.

Step 3

A second offense would be punished in the same way except that the jail time and monetary penalties would be doubled to 4 hours and 40%, respectively. The warning from the NPC would be stronger.

Step 4

The third offense would result in being kicked from the faction into Anarchy Breed. For the remainder of that character’s existence, he would not be able to join any faction, including previously enemy factions. The reasoning being that if you regularly killed allies with one faction then even the enemy factions would not trust you.

LiL T
12-09-04, 01:12
yeah something needs to be done about it.

Though i think your idea is a little too complex, why not (as many people suggested before) remove soullight and base npcs (guards) behaviour completely dependant on the faction sympathy?
As far as i know, the faction symphathy valuse are "supposed" to be fixed so there will be a certain amount of faction sympathy points in the circle. When u kill FA, you lost sympathy to FA but gain the equal amount of sympathy to FA enemies.
If a sympathy is negative faction guards will kos you (copbots and doy guards already kos everyone who draws the weapon, so its easy here), if ur faction sympathy is negative u're booted out of ur faction.
Such system encourage red vs blue so it should be okay with the current political standings.
If u want to kill enemies than great, if u want to kill allies, allies will KOS you (you're simply faction enemy), if u want to kill everyone you'll get KOS by everyone.
No need for soullight there, and the penalty of beeing kos by the faction guards (*but* guards would have to be fixed - finally - so they would kill the faction enemy instead of shouting pointless threads) is severe enough.

Though the flaging system could be a very good idea to prevent griefing.

NO no no FFS great I can pk as many as I want then as I don't give a fuck I have alts to get the faction resorces no need to worry about faction symps

edit: the only people I see this not working for are the totaly tossers who think its funny to pk allied runners simply becuase there are no safe zones

joran420
12-09-04, 01:53
the thing is it depends on ppl who wanna preserve their soulight, but still wanna kill someone... so if they see someone red or yellow in the city they will kill them(since there is no SL penalty) one PK of allied will make you yellow which = free gankage and now noob PK's cant just pop out of the sewer into a safe zone.....I honestly dont think this is goin to be nearly as much of a problem in retail.

ezza
12-09-04, 03:02
yup something like this would be good, i just had to kill a TG idiot who should of known better

LiL T
12-09-04, 03:47
the thing is it depends on ppl who wanna preserve their soulight, but still wanna kill someone... so if they see someone red or yellow in the city they will kill them(since there is no SL penalty) one PK of allied will make you yellow which = free gankage and now noob PK's cant just pop out of the sewer into a safe zone.....I honestly dont think this is goin to be nearly as much of a problem in retail.

with the soulight removed there won't be a yellow/red person you will only see them as being red if they are flaged as a pker and have killed many people allied to them and that makes them a murderer. Pkers should have there place in this game but the people that stick to the law should have the rewards of being safe in the city copbots will/should kill pkers on sight no excuses you want the criminal life you get shot at and suffer rezza don't want there type in the city.

/Edit tbh I could not care a less if many people get ganked as thats what I want cron to be like but I'm posting this. Befor KK comes along with the sledge hammer and ruins the game cos some people got upset when they got pked

NeoChick
12-09-04, 06:12
I like the idea.

I am really biased today though because was ganked in aggie cellar by an allie after my APU had just fought off a lot of mobs and health was rock bottom, so I stood in a corner to recover (since APU don't have heals) and this jerk PPU comes along and kills me from behind. Then sends me a Direct Message: "haha, pawned by a PPU", what a wanker! I replied but he had logged, the coward

Nasher
12-09-04, 13:04
I think killing allies anywhere should just lower SL and sympathys, if the NCPD bounty system worked people would think twice about doing it. Unless they want everyone to know exactly where they are so half the server can go and gank them.