PDA

View Full Version : Stop Pk and Noob Killing at Open Beta !?

Rieke
11-09-04, 14:39
1.) Sorry for my crazy english, will try my best ..

Some days ago there was some missunderstandings between the different KK people and the com about PK is alowed in the Open Beta or not. In the end KK sayed PvP and Pk is allowed now.

The result ? The nc2 Beta is the Noob-Killer and PK- Heaven atm, but its not possible to check the game out for bugs to report them anymore.

U see a lot of noobs asking who is the enemie, who is my friend and why green or white people kill her own faktion runners or frinds ? Answer from a PK why he kill noobs : "They have smaal nuts" .. oh cool .. ;(

At the same way the pks kill the people who try to help the noobs or try to find/report bugs ... nice beta..

We have a lot of newbies ingame and we are on the best way to stop them playing ... but hey .. WE NEED MORE PLAYER !!

We have the open beta .. THATS OUR chance to find and report bugs to get a good retail game with less bugs that possible !

But in the last days the nc2 beta is unplayable cause to many people kill other from own faction just to have fun .. and talk shit like hell in the local so that noobs going offline -> pissed off.

Dont tell them to let the LE in ... a lot of people tell the newbs that they have to repove the le so they can get help/heal/rezu or "better xp" wtf ..
And after thats the noobs start playing this game in a lie state/recumbency ... the noob helpers got killed a lot .. and a lot of closed beta tester have no more LE or are above level 30 ... its the hell ..

I think we realy realy need a rule against PK (or better aktivated guards)at nc2 beta to be able to test the game /beta and report all importent bugs.

Gms told us they are not "allowed" to help anyone and we all have no right/calm to get help/support at the beta, we have to be thankful that we are allowed to play the beta ... oh realy realy nice ... that will be realy useful for the result /retail ...

CarniFlex
11-09-04, 15:33
until they make

1. Shooting at a Allied target resolves same as shooting between LE'd people ie buffs would stick but not weapon damage

2. outpost non-hackable for allied faction (WERE ON THE SAME TEAM *****!)

3. The open beta community gets a big kick in the nutz and starts working as a pro- or anti-city team. ie the noobganking of own faction gets a mission to go gank other enemy faction noobies, maybe include a small reward for enemy runners killed.

4. remake of the soullight system cause its very obviously not working. There are plenty of ideas on this point so im not even going to post mine :)

But until I see something like these changes I wouldnt get my hopes up.

Clownst0pper
11-09-04, 15:35
Open beta isnt just for the community, its for new players.

Its designed to simulate what DOY will be like when it is released at retail.

Stopping PVP will give a false indication of what the game is like, and when it does hit, it will hit them hard.

Better now than later.

CarniFlex
11-09-04, 15:38
maybe boosting the sl hit for shooting own faction could do it. 2 allied neutral kills and your -34 right off.

It is kinda funny seeing arbiter voting for rules in open beta tho :p

Dirk_Gently
11-09-04, 15:39
Well Beta is supposed to show KK problems with the game and from what you say it seems that it is showing them the biggest problem of all.

How wonderful to see that KK STILL haven't bothered to make the Faction system viable. I don't understand why that in an otherwise excellent game they allow these really crappy niggles to happen, and keep happening.

maver!ck
11-09-04, 16:00
Open beta isnt just for the community, its for new players.
I'd say no. It's for noone but KK. And the situation on the Beta Servers is worse than on retail. People PK anyone anywhere just because they can.

Doc Holliday
11-09-04, 16:06
i logged in to beta with a 1/3 led char in doy to show a friend the game as he wants to play again. he was dieing to see doy so off i went with him sat next to me watchin explainin about all the changes. LO and behold there was a 6 man gank team all red sl crahn melee tank spy i believe ppu apu killing everything. all were hi levels all red sl. i laughed for 2 reasons. its idiots like that that will probably kill the game again if left unchecked. it would sure as hell put me off after a bit if i had been advised to remove my le and then proceeded to get whiped accross the entirety of doy by hi rank players with rares till i have no money for a gr backpack or what ever.

what was more even more laughable however and if the guys read this i hope they take it to heart is they had to gang up 6 on 1 on low level runners with a ppu and using parashock. if this game really does kick off im betting theres gonna be some very good players out there who come and play it. looks like some of the community really are gonna need to wake up and get some skills.

enough from me.

doc.

Rieke
11-09-04, 17:01
There will be some changes with the next beta patch, so lets hope that will save the beta tests and the noobs .. we ALL realy need that new players, so hold on and help them so far u can !

solling
11-09-04, 18:59
Shooting at a Allied target resolves same as shooting between LE'd people ie buffs would stick but not weapon damage

omg i would love this

Rieke
11-09-04, 19:06
omg i would love this

U cant do so ...
What about neutral/friend Hackers who hack an OP ? What about neutral/friend runners who hack your wb ?

I think its ok that u are able to shoot at a friend/neutral , thats a part of the life inside this world. But we need to aktivate the guards or a rule against PK inside the beta to be able to test the software, to find and report bugs. And we need useful Guards to save us and the newbs a bit against the pk-hell wich u will find atm in the beta, thats much more then we will have in the retail cause of not realy activated Guards and not organized Clans.

But i think if the next beta pacth brings some changes for the symp system, we will see if its work or not.

rob444
11-09-04, 20:14
Other suggestion:

Anyone can kill anyone if they are NOT an allied faction.

Nidhogg
11-09-04, 20:18
There have been enough of these threads already. The beta rules are clear and are not going to change. Thread closed.

N