PDA

View Full Version : Do ray and fusion drones follow the distance rules like guns?

hose187
10-09-04, 21:39
I haven't had a droner in a long time, but just rolled one. I suppose it doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.

Gohei
10-09-04, 22:42
If ur talking about the damage being reduced/increased depending on the distance between the drone and it's target, then no. Range does not affect damage.

Spikadelia
10-09-04, 23:10
The rule of thumb for droning is this: Get close to cap and then none of it matters because you LoM to something else.

Brammers
10-09-04, 23:26
Ermm it does....

RG drones do more damge nearer the target.

FC's are the same - better damage futher away.

Terayon
11-09-04, 06:48
you sure brammers? becouse i have never noticed any diffrence in damage when im closer or farther away from my targer in rg or fc drones. maybe in nc2 though.

seraphian
11-09-04, 07:55
Brammers, AFAIK drones behave like cannons, so the raygun is AoE and damage is based on distance from impact and so is fusion...

I've hunted a LOT with fusion drones and I can pretty safely say that you do not do more damage at farther distance, and you do not do less with a raygun drone at distance.

I hunt warbots from the roof at gabanium, so I get hits at all distances.

Heavyporker
12-09-04, 14:24
THat's an out and out shame...

it would totally rock if raygun and fusion drones followed the distance-damage rule.