PDA

View Full Version : Why do we take this?

Opar
10-09-04, 18:30
Sitting at my desk, just watching Lucids video, reading FNs post, and I realised - Why do we take all this shit from KK?

Point 1 - Dome of York announced, free expansion pack, free download..... delay..... and again..... Dome of York - Expansion pack, you'd have to pay a small sum to download..... delay, delay blah blah. Beyond Dome Of York, new publisher, more financial support, pre-orders available, WILL BE AVAILABLE IN SHOPS (boxed version (AFAIK)). Delayed until 1st Sept. Neocron '2' accounced, delayed until Late September. Closed beta starts. Open beta starts. Release delayed until early October.

Point 2 - Could I draw your attention towards the original BDoY .plan file?

http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=190

The 3D-rendering of the "Tekktonic - Virtual Worlds Engine" undergoes a major overhaul to take advantage of today's 3D hardware generation's features. Thanks to an upgrade to Direct X 9, the engine will support the nowadays common features like higher texture resolutions, higher polygon counts, and several new shading technologies. This will raise the overall quality of the graphics by quite a bit (real-time bump-mapping, realistic lighting and shadows, photorealistic water etc.). As the 3D graphics cards will be responsible for the majority of the rendering process, the CPU will be considerably relieved compared to the current situation. So the update will even improve the performance in addition to the better graphics.

I dont think this needs anything said.

As the newly developed city of Dome of York benefits significantly from the updated engine, it inevitably looked better than Neocron City. To provide the players with an incentive to stay in Neocron City, all frequently visited areas in Neocron Downtown (Plaza, Pepper Park etc.) are getting a major graphical overhaul, using the features of the updated engine. So there will be no noticeable difference between the levels of detail of both cities. In addition to the graphical updates, we are adding new locations that are well worth seeing as well as features like flying Hover Cabs in downtown that can be used as transportation.

Major graphical overhaul in Neocron city? Taller buildings, a few shops being moved around and rather pointless hovercabs? Major overhaul? I think not sir.

Trade among players will become easier in the future, especially for Constructors. By opening your own shop you will save a lot of time as special NPCs will offer your items for sale around the clock. That way the cash keeps flowing even if you are busy doing something else or even if you are offline.

.......... *looks around*...... k.

Additionally you can change appearance with items like armor parts, helms, hats, sunglasses or the much requested cigarette

We can?

The number of enemies/monsters will be increased and some of the existing creatures will be adapted to the standard of performance of the new 3D engine, or be exchanged for higher detail models.

Ive been playing beta 5 weeks and still seen no new mobs.

I could go on more, but I wont.

Im just a rather pissed off player.

Oh yeah, another interesting read: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=72936&highlight=Neocron+Thanatos

Dribble Joy
10-09-04, 18:35
Major graphical overhaul in Neocron city? Taller buildings, a few shops being moved around and rather pointless hovercabs? Major overhaul? I think not sir.
Actually they did upgrade all the textures in the NC zones, ViaRosso hasn't had it yet though.

GambitFlame
10-09-04, 18:37
Ive been playing beta 5 weeks and still seen no new mobs.

I could go on more, but I wont.

goto I_09 to the warbot jugganaut facility, i know its a variation on an old mob but hey i tried ;)

Opar
Actually they did upgrade all the textures in the NC zones, ViaRosso hasn't had it yet though.

And of course that makes Neocron 2 gods gift to the online-gaming world.

I realise the plan file is old and all, Im just piseed off that a HELL of a lot of promised content isnt in yet, and may not be in. ie - MECHS.

Benjie
A lot has changed from when I joined in 2nd wave to open beta.
Don't count your genetically modyfied eggs before they have finished incubating.

All of your base are belong to us.

Opar
10-09-04, 18:38
goto I_09 to the warbot jugganaut facility, i know its a variation on an old mob but hey i tried ;)

Exactly, a VARITATION, so its not a frikkin new mob. It doesnt have a new model, what is it? A warbot with a few more levels on top of it? Big deal ffs 8|

Tratos
10-09-04, 18:39
Mechs Discontinued - has been said by a few KK employees (yes as in STORM bots)

Opar
10-09-04, 18:39
Mechs Discontinued - has been said by a few KK employees (yes as in STORM bots)

But they were GOING to be put in. But they werent.

Benjie
10-09-04, 18:40
Exactly, a VARITATION, so its not a frikkin new mob. It doesnt have a new model, what is it? A warbot with a few more levels on top of it? Big deal ffs 8|
New models havn't been implamented yet.
Just wait okay? Scream when retail arives but not before.

MrChumble
10-09-04, 18:44
It's a beta. More stuff will be added.

As for it being late...I'd rather get what I'm getting now that will give NC new life, than a small patch with a few new maps a year ago - it wouldn't have attracted new players and NC would be dying now, but without NC2 on the horizon to save it.

NC2 is basically the same game, but with some sexy gameplay and content additions. If you liked NC you'll like NC2, if you didn't like NC why the hell are you here?

Nash_Brigham
10-09-04, 18:45
New models havn't been implamented yet.
Just wait okay? Scream when retail arives but not before.
[ edited ] Obviously as far as ppl are concerned, beta is retail. So far it sounds more like ppl logged in, wandered around NC for about 10 minutes, tops, and declared it the exact same game without doing anything.

MrChumble
10-09-04, 18:48
[ edited ] Obviously as far as ppl are concerned, beta is retail. So far it sounds more like ppl logged in, wandered around NC for about 10 minutes, tops, and declared it the exact same game without doing anything.
They look around, bitch on the forums, then a day later are in game asking "where can I get weapon parts" or "how do I get into hacknet?" Thorough testing before forming an opinion there :rolleyes:

athon
10-09-04, 18:54
How about you go and create a better game? If you can't then IMO you have no room to talk. Every developers creates a game in their own way, with their own rules. If you don't like it then no one is forcing you to play it.

I continue to play Neocron because IMO it is still the best cyberpunk / scifi MMORPG around. Many other people have tried and failed to come up with the goods.

AO may be more visually pleasing, but IMO it lacks the game play that Neocron has. I got bored and gave up playing within the trial period.

Planetside, although I haven't actually tried it myself yet, appears to be just UT2004's Onslaught on a bigger scale, much more of an mmofps than an mmorpg, with only marginally more teamplay than the best of the public servers. But then it claims to be an mmofps, not an mmorpg. Playability is reported to be about 3 months maximum.

The game that shall not be mentioned (silly rule!), IMO, isn't as visually pleasing as Neocron, and altho they've tried a unique gameplay idea, of having no levelling at all, this ultimately removes a large chunk of what an mmorpg is and drastically reduces playability.

SWG appears to be AO cloaked in SWG textures and models IMO. I also abore any MMORPG that tries to set itself within an existing universe, particularly before events which are known to have happened, because ultimately they will reck the storyline (and it's not just MMO's that do this, the Str Trek universe's Enterprise TV series is a prime example of prequels gone badly wrong IMO).

Many other potentials that I have had an eye on have died, as is the fate of many computer games (not just MMO's - they just get noticed more because they have a bad habit of announcing themselves long before they, IMO, should).

Until I gain the expertise to create my own MMORPG (I do dream!) on the scale of Neocron (which as most would admit, is relatively small by current standards), or I find a better game (if it exists already they really need to work on advertising and search engine ranking) I continue to play NC.

If I was running the show, I would be putting out some stuff in the open beta for the purposes of testing, but keeping a lot of stuff behind closed doors until retail. They will learn of things to check for in things like models, and models generally aren't problematic to implement.

The main problems in beta are caused by the (IMO wonderful - OK it's not Doom 3, but then Neocron isn't an FPS, and it's not by id - who have god knows how many years of top games development experiance, and I don't have a top of the range graphics card in my PC (OK, OK, it's currently in the hands of the courier on it's way to me (I hope!))) new engine with a bit of game balancing for the new item distribution system and hacknet.

Athon Solo

HatchetRyda
10-09-04, 19:04
Well they are not getting my money for Doy.

Terayon
10-09-04, 19:05
people keep saying doy was msuposed to be released so long ago and it kept getting delays.... do you know what it was suposed to be? 2 new zones in doy city. its alot bigger then that now. you probably hyped it up to much for yourself like so many people have done.

Opar
10-09-04, 19:06
How abotu you go and create a better game? If you can't then IMO you have no room to talk.

Its not my job to create games. It IS KKs job.

I continue to play Neocron because IMO it is still the best cyberpunk / scifi MMORPG around.

It is. Why? Because no one has even BOTHERED to make a cyber punk / scifi / FPS MMORPG. It's a made up genre.....

AO may be more visually pleasing, but IMO it lacks the game play that Neocron has. I got bored and gave up playing within the trial period.

Do AO keep deadlines? How much do AO charge? How many servers? Players?

Planetside, although I haven't actually tried it myself yet, appears to be just UT2004's Onslaught on a bigger scale, much more of an mmofps than an mmorpg, with only marginally more teamplay than the best of the public servers. But then it claims to be an mmofps, not an mmorpg. Playability is reported to be about 3 months maximum.

I played planetside, couldnt play because my PC wasnt up to it. But I enjoyed it. It was great, even with my jerking-around PC and GF2 gfx card.

Many other potentials that I have had an eye on have died, as is the fate of many computer games (not just MMO's - they just get noticed more because they have a bad habit of announcing themselves long before they, IMO, should).

I think this will happen to Neocron. Neocron has been a 'potential' for 2-3 years. ALMOST EVERY review I have read about Neocron, has said it has potential. KK just havent filled the potential, they've added stuff. Useless stuff. Overpowered stuff. Plain silly stuff. Hasnt helped this game fulfill its potential.

Neocron cant live on 700-1000 players split onto 3 or 4 servers, or whatever. Blame not me for speaking the truth.

Spermy
10-09-04, 19:07
Theres not any real point in whinging till retail

My guess is they haven't added all the stuff yet - imagine trying to test EVERYTHING - and it all had unforseen bugs - CHAOS!

if they introduce a little at a time - it lets them pinpoint errors quickly and fix em, I don't know if this is the case - but it's a perfectly valid guess.

MrChumble
10-09-04, 19:08
Will they get it for the new models, the accessories, hacknet zones, hacknet database ninja stealth action, player shops, the new OP hack system, the consolidated and improved faction system, all packaged onto a game you like already? Or do does the Dome of York really put you off that much? :p

Benjie
10-09-04, 19:10
people keep saying doy was msuposed to be released so long ago and it kept getting delays.... do you know what it was suposed to be? 2 new zones in doy city. its alot bigger then that now. you probably hyped it up to much for yourself like so many people have done.
Exactly. And on top of that, for DoY to be as it was origionally promised Reakktor would still have been stuck with CDV.

This is why people shouldn't wine about delays.
This is why people shouldn't wine about beta.

phunqe
10-09-04, 19:11
Can someone unplug the gramophone?
...or change the record.

Opar
10-09-04, 19:13

It was also meant to be FREE.

ITs resulted in us having to pay to upgrade, lose MOST of our items, and the prices per month going up. Bull shit.

[ edited ] Seriously. You saying your NOT pissed of that it has taken KK 2 years to develop, what? 10 new zones, couple of new dungeons, a couple of new models, and some city upgrades?

I have a brain. I, like you, used to be a KK fanboy 'OMFG I R LUVAR KK THEY WEELL IMPLARMENT ALL DA STOOF TEY PROMEESED EVENTUARLY'. Again, bull shit.

19 days to implement Snow, NPC shop-things, cigs, visible-armour, fix the monk-PA animation bugs, make the hover-thing usefull, do something about the 'DX9 leet uber' graphics, bulk up the models, implement new NPC models, new mob models etc.? Im becoming less and less unconvinced every day.

MrChumble
10-09-04, 19:14
I think this will happen to Neocron. Neocron has been a 'potential' for 2-3 years. ALMOST EVERY review I have read about Neocron, has said it has potential. KK just havent filled the potential, they've added stuff. Useless stuff. Overpowered stuff. Plain silly stuff. Hasnt helped this game fulfill its potential.
I have to agree with you there :(

I do wish KK had been more bold with NC2, and stripped out all the overpowered crap that they've been stuffing in for the last two years. I really hate having to spec every single point available into combat skills, and needing every high end item available however hard to get, just to be combat viable.

Still, they haven't, and there's not much point complaining now cos there's just not enough time to get it done and they have more important issues to deal with.

Wait til we're a few months into retail, then the gloves can come off. I'm being supportive now, cos it's for the greater good. But there's no deluding anyone into thinking NC2 is perfect.

Remove para.

athon
10-09-04, 19:15
Can someone unplug the gramophone?
...or change the record.
You could always stop looking at these threads ^^

Just like the people who start these threads could always stop playing - but they're not going to :wtf:

Athon Solo

Opar
10-09-04, 19:17
Neocron 2 has been hyped up as 'Neocrons saviour'. 'Wait until DoY! Neocron will be OMG LEET then!'

Now we have played a near-final version of Neocron 2, people will be scratching the backs of their heads and looking at the floor.

Now its more a case of 'Wait until a few weeks into retail!!'. When all the new players have been scared off by a half-complete game? The existing player base will get bored. THey will PK. They will spam. They will deturr new players.

KK + the current (stupid) player base = path of self-destruction.

Spermy
10-09-04, 19:19
KK + the current (stupid) player base = path of self-destruction.

Well if someone left - one of those problems would be solved. Ž_Ž

Nash_Brigham
10-09-04, 19:20
Actually, I am not pissed. I wasn't expecting everything to look vastly different. In fact I was expecting quite a bit less than what we got. Sorry you got your head up your ass and overexpected the Holy Grail to come down and kiss you on the lips. First and foremost, it's evident you are so much a newb you never been in a single beta to know that even in open beta they are still fine tuning and adjusting everything. So, get your head out of your ass and shut the fuck up.

MrChumble
10-09-04, 19:21
Neocron 2 has been hyped up as 'Neocrons saviour'. 'Wait until DoY! Neocron will be OMG LEET then!'
The only thing NC2 needs to do to be a success is draw in new players, and I think it has a very good chance of doing that. For new players, and for old ones who aren't bored forum whores, NC2 has loads to offer. It's a much better game already than NC1, even with the bugs, and the newbie experience is incompareably better than NC1s.

It may not have massive new content for everyone whos played NC1 to death, but it doesn't need to.

To put it bluntly KK don't need us anymore (although I'm sure we help the bank balance a bit :)).

Opar
10-09-04, 19:21
Well if someone left - one of those problems would be solved. Ž_Ž

I take it you are referring to me?

I dont run around pking people. I dont spam useless 'OMG WE R OWNED J00 LOLOL' on trade. I do flame (much :p). But I am bored.

I dont see myself as a problem. I have just seen the truth, and realise no fanboyish views, hope and whatever, can make the future of this game seem any brighter. If KK/10T/BigBen dont get their shit together. This game is going down the shitter. Big time.

MrChumble
10-09-04, 19:24
But I am bored.
And there lies the problem. NC2 is fine, but until the OP system and player shops etc get added there's not much to do as an NC1 vet. Just give it a chance.

When NC2 is a success (and I really do think it will be), KK will be rolling in the cash and can hire more people to add more content :)

athon
10-09-04, 19:25
It is. Why? Because no one has even BOTHERED to make a cyber punk / scifi / FPS MMORPG. It's a made up genre.....
For starters some class AO as being in this genre (not FPS), tho I personally don't.

And many others have tried to make cyberpunk mmorpgs - details like their fighting system were never released. One I was watching (Iritor) died just before it went to beta - which was a shame 'cause it was looking possibly really nice.

MMORPGs are certainly not easy to start off. They take a lot more cash to get off the ground, and of course take more cash to run in the long term.

If you look at two of the main FPS' - Unreal Tournament and Quake - the biggest factor that keeps them going is that they use one engine which is continually developed over time, which they then license out to other game makes. Both id and epic have latched on to a real money maker here. I've only seen one company attempting to do this kind of thing in the mmorpg field (nevrax with the nevrax library and Saga of Ryzom) and that's in the extremely early stages.

Beyond these companies there are two other categories - the super massive development houses, who own a number of development teams all working on totally different projects, often under completely different names - and the small scale developers, who live on a knife edge of success or failure, and where failure will usually mean the developer has to shut down.

Athon Solo

Opar
10-09-04, 19:25
The only thing NC2 needs to do to be a success is draw in new players, and I think it has a very good chance of doing that. For new players, and for old ones who aren't bored forum whores, NC2 has loads to offer. It's a much better game already than NC1, even with the bugs, and the newbie experience is incompareably better than NC1s.

It may not have massive new content for everyone whos played NC1 to death, but it doesn't need to.

To put it bluntly KK don't need us anymore (although I'm sure we help the bank balance a bit :)).

KK dont need us anymore? Even after we've pretty much funded them for however many years?

50% of NC2 playerbase WILL be old players. 500 players?

Lets face it. In no time at all, the new players will become 'old-timers', and do every Quest. Collect every item of worth. Build every rare. See every zone. Then what will KK pull out the bag? Same things they did for Neocron? Overpowered non-working underpowered useless items in an attempt to keep players occupied for a few days?

MrChumble
10-09-04, 19:27
KK dont need us anymore? Even after we've pretty much funded them for however many years?The vast majority of players are not whiny forum monkeys like us. They pay for NC1, any payment we supply is more than balanced out by the costs of supporting (and controlling) our rantings :D

Lets face it. In no time at all, the new players will become 'old-timers', and do every Quest. Collect every item of worth. Build every rare. See every zone.
And be here in two years still paying, and still playing.

Benjie
10-09-04, 19:32
Lets face it. In no time at all, the new players will become 'old-timers', and do every Quest. Collect every item of worth. Build every rare. See every zone. Then what will KK pull out the bag? Same things they did for Neocron? Overpowered non-working underpowered useless items in an attempt to keep players occupied for a few days?
Like every other mmorpg... O_o

New items for the old players, new quests. New events to keep them occupied. You say this as if it's a bad thing. Don't forget the WOC skills either.

By the way Opar, do you realise how you are coming accross to the rest of us? You even flamed the entire community in one post. =/ I think if this was a Japanese movie, the hatred would have turned you into a Demon by now.

Opar
10-09-04, 19:34
The vast majority of players are not whiny forum monkeys like us. They pay for NC1, any payment we supply is more than balanced out by the costs of supporting (and controlling) our rantings :D

Support? 2 days late support (sometimes).

And be here in two years still paying, and still playing.

And still be whining, waiting for whatever mis-guided dream KK may (or may not) have promised to be released 1 and a half years earlier? 8|

Opar
10-09-04, 19:38

New items for the old players, new quests. New events to keep them occupied. You say this as if it's a bad thing. Don't forget the WOC skills either.

By the way Opar, do you realise how you are coming accross to the rest of us? You even flamed the entire community in one post! I think if you where in a Japanese movie, the hatred would have turned you into a Demon by now.

First : That post came accross wrong, I meant the stupid people in the community, not that the community was stupid (my bad).

Every other MMORPG? Every other MMORPG released (usually) balanced, usefull items/quests. Events? An event in this game means (to some) 'omg lets be hardcore cocks and go spoilt Event X, why? Because we wont get banned! wewt!!!'. Especially on Saturn.

EDIT : Sorry for the double post.

Terayon
10-09-04, 19:58
well actualy the start of retail there is only one english server. not 3 like we have now. so they will all be combined into one. so realy thats like 800 people at peak when it has been released (before suposed advertising). that and with the server transfer stuff kk have developed if one server ever bombs char transfers can be used to close one server and transfer to another.

the doy tunnels and the new weapons and drones they made along the way while doy was being delayed was more then the original doy would have ever added into nc.

im still wondering why you called me a fanboy. what i said wasent "kk are awsome" there wasent even a single opinion in what i said. ive been with neocron a long time now, infact longer then you according to your forum account.

neocron isent about getting the uber items like some games (at least for most people). its more about pvp. and the community makes it fun aswell. thats why i like nc. its not about lvling tell you can use your next weapon then level some more for the even better one.

also some advice. dont pay for a game expecting somthing else. your paying for neocron. not a free expansion or some quest thats suposed to be added. it will just disapoint you.

alig
10-09-04, 20:13
It all seems a bit fishy to me, DoY is big an all but it isnt what id say 2 years work either, took me from very n00bness of mapping to make a UT2003 map about the size of 2 DoY zones. Now it should take a professional mapper around 1 month to make a sweet map that is of good size and thats just one person, they have'nt really added anything new, just copied and pasted alot of things. I dont actually think they started working on DoY at all until late last year/early this year.

Hacknet seems like its just a concept with most zones copied and pasted and changed colour depending where you are...nothing actually works except traveling as far as i can see.

Hover cabs = slower than a 0/2. I was bored with them after traveling once in them.

Its still got all the same bugs as NC1 + NC2 new bugs like i always predicted because i knew they would'nt fix nothing...the only bug i get less is FRE but its _STILL!_ there and is the death of this game. :mad:

In 2 years this game should of been bug free and the player fucking position is still fucked up god damnit. This is BASICS OF ONLINE PLAY TO MAKE SURE THE PLAYER IS IN SYNC WITH THE SERVER!. If there not the game should'nt be released period.

If this is worth 6euro more or whatever then god help me and roll on HL2+free best games on the planet with interested devs working behind the scene to make it an enjoyable experience. I'll probably play DOY but i reckon in 1 month ill be bored of the whole concept of unsafe zones as this is the only thing keeping me interested because you treasure the n00bs to much and think that GUARDS should fucking cover every zone but until then i hope you get your act's together and try make something of this game or sell it to someone else. Oh if this gets released via BT then i probably wont even play DoY because thats the most con-artist thing you've done so far in my eyes. Its cheap and nasty and free for you to do.

/rant over.

Benjie
10-09-04, 20:18
it isnt what id say 2 years work either
I think a lot of the time was spent on Neocron content such as the tunnels and various bugfixes/items/patches/weapons/Nema. Don't forget the time put into dumping CDV either.

hose187
10-09-04, 20:19
Why do I keep taking this from KK?
Because I still enjoy playing NC.

Why do you keep taking this from KK?
Absolutely no clue.

Contrary to popular belief, KK (or any other game developer) owes us nothing. We pay a measly $10 a month for the right to play NC, and we can. Nobody is forcing you to keep paying. Nobody is forcing you to stick around and wait for NC2.

I've played many bad games, seen many bad movies, heard many bad CD's. I don't take it personnally. I just stop playing/watching/listening. I've been waiting years for the new Terry Gilliam film, which is constantly being pushed back/canceled. Do I send him hate mail?

It's not rocket science. If you're not happy, stop participating.

As for new items, mobs, and the like, most were probably tested in the closed beta. All mobs are the same when broken down into code. They do different damage types, have different skins, but they are still all the same. Just like weapons. KK is going to hold back as much as they can until retail release, so that there are still things to discover. The beta test is mostly for the new areas and mechanics. A small handful of people could test hundreds of items and mobs in a short amount of time, because those things only need so much testing.

alig
10-09-04, 20:27
Why do I keep taking this from KK?
Because I still enjoy playing NC.

Why do you keep taking this from KK?
Absolutely no clue.

Contrary to popular belief, KK (or any other game developer) owes us nothing. We pay a measly $10 a month for the right to play NC, and we can. Nobody is forcing you to keep paying. Nobody is forcing you to stick around and wait for NC2.

I've played many bad games, seen many bad movies, heard many bad CD's. I don't take it personnally. I just stop playing/watching/listening. I've been waiting years for the new Terry Gilliam film, which is constantly being pushed back/canceled. Do I send him hate mail?

It's not rocket science. If you're not happy, stop participating.

As for new items, mobs, and the like, most were probably tested in the closed beta. All mobs are the same when broken down into code. They do different damage types, have different skins, but they are still all the same. Just like weapons. KK is going to hold back as much as they can until retail release, so that there are still things to discover. The beta test is mostly for the new areas and mechanics. A small handful of people could test hundreds of items and mobs in a short amount of time, because those things only need so much testing.

You ever watched a TV reality show like Pop-Idol or something? Why do they not give up on them? because they dont like them or because they think they have potential?.

This game has potential and alot of people know that just KK give off bad vibes or something, this game with the right people behind it would be something special but as it is it just seems like theres little to no effort going into the game and they are just milking us all till there's nothing left to milk but thats my opinion and they probably dont give a shit what i think.

G.0.D.
10-09-04, 20:28
No new mobs!!?!!?!

Well sir, let me draw to your attention the latest addition to the vast plethra of agressive npc's

Enjoy...

http://www.g0dsoft.com/neocron/mrsbutchee2.jpg

http://www.g0dsoft.com/neocron/mrsbutchee1.jpg

http://www.g0dsoft.com/neocron/Odin1.jpg

http://www.g0dsoft.com/neocron/shot0012.jpg

http://www.g0dsoft.com/neocron/shot0011.jpg

http://www.g0dsoft.com/neocron/shot0015.jpg

http://www.g0dsoft.com/neocron/shot0010.jpg
^^ My fav

EDIT: Special thanks to lupus, for KKeeping the faith!

alig
10-09-04, 20:30
They are'nt new though O_o

The first is the chubby dancer blown up bigger.
The second is a butchee stretched.
The third is a Y rep
The 4th owns j00.

G.0.D.
10-09-04, 20:32
The first is a reskin
2nd is named odin :P
the 3rd is a y rep with a laser eye instead of no laser eye
and the 4th > sex

If you couldent guess that post was meant to make you laugh... you know 'lol!!!' or 'LOLLERSKATES'

Mr Kot
10-09-04, 20:32
MRS BUTCHEE ?????????

Didn't i pay to have sex with her one time in the Outzone Jail??? 8|

*hides from Mr Butchee*

-FN-
10-09-04, 21:00

Nice try :) I can't validate that a mob increased in size and rank is a new mob however. That's just lame.

The only other new mob I've seen are the programs in HackNet - but it's not like they're anything extravagant. No creative name, look, sound, or anything. It's just a digital blob of aggression. Woo.

Sorry if my post got you down Opar - I've been a bit negative lately - sorry.

Benjie
10-09-04, 21:01
The only other new mob I've seen are the programs in HackNet
Scroll up dude. :p
Spiders, Dragon flies and dogs are new too I think, although currently bugged.

-FN-
10-09-04, 21:04
Scroll up dude. :p
Spiders, Dragon flies and dogs are new too I think, although currently bugged.

A prancing cyborg with a laserpointer mod duct taped to his head is not a new mob :p And the Spiders, Dogs, and Dragonflies I've been fighting - are the same old ones with messed up rendered models (legs stretching all over or missing or wings missing) but they're the same mobs.

Get someone with some creative talent - get them to draw something:

http://www.aldbourne.org.uk/main/Community/03%20Local%20Artists/James%20Wyatt/Page_1/My%20monster.jpg

I have no clue wtf that is, but in 10 seconds I found it on Google. Doesn't KK have a paid staff for creating this stuff?? SO give something like this a name, rank, sound, damagetype, attack animation, hi-res skin, and it's own loot, it as close to the creators projection as possible, then scatter them around the world. *THAT* is a new mob.

I have a brain. I, like you, used to be a KK fanboy 'OMFG I R LUVAR KK THEY WEELL IMPLARMENT ALL DA STOOF TEY PROMEESED EVENTUARLY'. Again, bull shit.

19 days to implement Snow, NPC shop-things, cigs, visible-armour, fix the monk-PA animation bugs, make the hover-thing usefull, do something about the 'DX9 leet uber' graphics, bulk up the models, implement new NPC models, new mob models etc.? Im becoming less and less unconvinced every day.

And I hate being able to second what he says right there, both parts. It's depressing.

Terayon
10-09-04, 21:09
what, you think he is right for calling me a fanboy? excuse me for not listing the same things i have read 100x on the forums. i would mention some things that are never mentioned then things said so many times i could puke.

VerbalPEZ
10-09-04, 21:15
I was here during NC1 beta... This post is the oldest in the book... So here is your answer:

We play this game and/or come back because we LOVE what KK says they are going to do. We love it so much that we pay them cash, wait, repeat...

This game is nothing inventive. Its a repro of a pen and paper made long ago. And we would all love to see that game and those stories manifest into a world we can participate in.

The problem is that KK has an unblimished track record of underdelivering. Whether they talk to early about features, spend cash on cars instead of customers, understaff their dev team, underestimate the power of marketing (Neo-huh?) its beyond me and I truly dont care. But, I do know that it is not a difficult task to create art for this game as I can count the polys on thier current assets. Look at CoH's character creation system then tell me how KK has it hard... oh and I do believe that CoH had most all of those assets in their beta. ... oops sory started to complain ... please strike those last comments from the record...

Truth time... And I know its hard to read ;)
Take what you see in writing and cut it to 1/3... Thats what will be in retail. By this I do include the implementation of the feature not just the feature alone. If I am proven a liar then more power to KK but nothing in their history says otherwise. Neocron is fun for what it is... It lacks tons... When you see 'hover cab system' dont think BladeRunner think Legos.

now go take it out on some newbs ;)

Original monk
10-09-04, 21:16
Im just a rather pissed off player

I understand ya, im not to happy either lately :/ but not even slightly in the mood to discuss things.

Also i yust dont like the way spermys second post here sounds. Do you solve all problems like this spermy ? Not even funny to be honest.

shodanjr_gr
10-09-04, 22:41
I think a lot of the time was spent on Neocron content such as the tunnels and various bugfixes/items/patches/weapons/Nema. Don't forget the time put into dumping CDV either.

Come on now Benjie, you gota do better than that. All this time we were being told by KK that they werent spending much resources on the game and they were working almost exclusively on Dome of York. Tunnels = a few new maps, no big deal.

Bugfixes=??? What??? The game crashes the same for me as it crashed when i first started playing.

Items/weapons=??? What??? Most items have the SAME graphics and effects as ones that already existed in the game. Shelling out some new stats for a few under/overpowered weapons doesnt take a lot of time afaik...

Nema= I dont think that programmers and level designers have anything to do with NEMA.

Also the part about dumping CDV=Programmers didnt have much to contribute on that matter either i believe.

To all the fanboys: Dome of York IS NOT worth 2 years of work.

And to all those who ask why we didnt quit: We didnt quit cause we had a hope. A hope that DoY would actually exploit all of NC's potential that magazines rave about....Which propably didnt happen.

And please do not tell me that hte game is still in Beta...If they plan within the next two weeks to add:
a proper dx 9 engine WITH DX9 gfx (and no, i do not mean doom 3/hl 2 level -despite being promised stuff like bump mapping etc)
-fix all the bugs that have been plaguing us since the dawn of time
-get some decent animations and mob models out there
-get rid of the silly new player models (optional)
-and do most otehr things weve been promised

i will get a 1 year neocron subscription. But i just cant see that happening...

PS: Anyone remember if initially hacknet was supposed to be command line based? Or is it just me?
fix the animations

Archeus
10-09-04, 22:55
Obviously as far as ppl are concerned, beta is retail.

Well you have only a few weeks to retail, lots of bugs. Do they plan on hiding the new content to retail without being tested/bug fixed? Be serious now.

Add to that MJS saying "You now have the chance to check out a beta version of NC2 for free, without ANY obligations." implies that nothing is seriously changing between retail and Beta.

shodanjr_gr
10-09-04, 22:58
Obviously as far as ppl are concerned, beta is retail.

Ever since ive been into the whole mmorpg matter, open beta=pre-retail stress test. A few bugs are ironed out (a few means a MINORITY, most bugs are ironed out during the INITIAL closed testing. And imagine that NC has had a closed beta twice). The main target of an open beta is to test server stability under a heavy load...not to get content in game as benjie wants us to believe...

Archeus
10-09-04, 23:03

Asherons Call. New items+content each month. One thing can be said for Turbine, they look after their playerbase (shame AC2 sucks).

Spikadelia
10-09-04, 23:07
The more of these threads I read the greater the sense of deja vu..... I'm really wondering whether to bother with all the LoMing and strippping out my runners two years worth of odds and sods to prepare the transfer of my characters to new servers for what?? More of the same?

No real development of the game world, just a new layer of graphical bugs.

Boy I can't wait for a little Gordon Freeman action. Just don't think I have the stamina for more Neocrap. Life is too short, mind you so am I. :(

athon
10-09-04, 23:15
I believe it's been said before, and I'll say it here and now:
If you're just waiting for DoY / NC2 - don't bother, leave now. It is unlikely there will be anything to make you stay.

If you're here because you still enjoy playing NC1, and would continue playing NC1 even if DoY was still only a few words from KK saying 'some point in the future', then you're here for the right reasons.

Athon Solo

naimex
10-09-04, 23:30
I like bunny rabbits... :)

Just needed to see a really positive post..

Theres been a lot of moods on this forum... But as of late itīs been a really sad mood..

Stop focusing on whats not in the beta (yet), and what never will be, or what didnīt happen..

What about the things that did happen, what about the things that did happen, that some of the players ruined, what about the deadlines they did keep...

Because you just expect everything to go smooth all the time, you expect everything to just work out right the first time.. So the things that actually do, just goes unnoticed.. The things that donīt just pop into your brain, and wonīt go away again..

I am very impressed with neocron 2, and itīs even only a beta.. so what if itīs the same game, basically, with some tweaks and twists, and some upgrades..

You been playing the game for years, did you expect some major gameplay changes.. make it bloody pacman with plasma cannons and ray rifles ? or supermario where the monsters arent turtles and plants, but mutants and worms..

If you donīt like the game, then why are you still here ? What keeps you playing ?

If you are so dissatisfied with the product, then donīt buy it, then stop playing right now.

Do something about it... saying "Iīm leaving cuz you suck" and then playing for the next 2 years isnīt a very honest, or meaningfull threat. And not that it really matters..

Do you really think they care if 1 guy/girl leaves ?

Well, basically.. no..

But when people leave, then there is a reason behind it, and the reason is often unknown to KK, but if it should go as bad as to there being too few customers left, then they arenīt going to continue it, and will simply move on to the next game, and just say "this didnīt work out, what went wrong and how can we improve this time".

The feedback on KK isnīt very constructive.

But the only thing that will be lost if it should go so far... Is a great game, based on a brilliant idea, with a world of possibilities.

Now flame away, shout, do whatever you want to do... Cuz frankly.. I just donīt give a fuck right now.. All I see is one bullshit statement followed by another.

-REMUS-
10-09-04, 23:42

me neither

naimex:I like bunny rabbits... :)

Just needed to see a really positive post..

"Theres been a lot of moods on this forum... But as of late itīs been a really sad mood.."

And your just adding to it?

"Stop focusing on whats not in the beta (yet), and what never will be, or what didnīt happen.."

Why? What else are we supposed to base our descision to purchase NC2 on? Their track reccord? NC1?

"What about the things that did happen, what about the things that did happen, that some of the players ruined, what about the deadlines they did keep..."

would you say 50% failure is acceptable? I wouldnt say 10% is acceptable, if you expect to be paid for the service.

"Because you just expect everything to go smooth all the time, you expect everything to just work out right the first time.. So the things that actually do, just goes unnoticed.. The things that donīt just pop into your brain, and wonīt go away again.."

generalisation......

"I am very impressed with neocron 2, and itīs even only a beta.. so what if itīs the same game, basically, with some tweaks and twists, and some upgrades.."

Just becuase you are doesnt mean everyone else should be generalisation boy.

"You been playing the game for years, did you expect some major gameplay changes.. make it bloody pacman with plasma cannons and ray rifles ? or supermario where the monsters arent turtles and plants, but mutants and worms.."

I at least expected KK to look after us as a player base with new content, I knew they were a small team and if they needed inspiration all they needed to do was ask.

"If you donīt like the game, then why are you still here ? What keeps you playing ?"

The people but even more people are going now so whats the point in staying, we will just be left with a group of people that are so mindlessly addicted to this game that they do not have the ability or the motivation to object.

"If you are so dissatisfied with the product, then donīt buy it, then stop playing right now."

Many people have and what you are saying is nothing new.

"Do something about it... saying "Iīm leaving cuz you suck" and then playing for the next 2 years isnīt a very honest, or meaningfull threat. And not that it really matters.."

total generalisation, but i suppose, yes KK does suck for not even fixing the damn crashing imo, for that reason alone.

"Do you really think they care if 1 guy/girl leaves ?

Well, basically.. no.."

you dont but I always did, I gave a shit every time 1 person left. Do you always follow the crowd naimex?

"But when people leave, then there is a reason behind it, and the reason is often unknown to KK, but if it should go as bad as to there being too few customers left, then they arenīt going to continue it, and will simply move on to the next game, and just say "this didnīt work out, what went wrong and how can we improve this time".

The feedback on KK isnīt very constructive."

There has been plenty of constructive feeback, there are always brain sports and ideas submitted by the community, KK are blessed with a productive online player base like this.

I've left a few times before and i always made a leaveing post with my reasons, I can't even be bothered to make one now since its all already been said.

"But the only thing that will be lost if it should go so far... Is a great game, based on a brilliant idea, with a world of possibilities."

but they have done little with it, the game hasnt changed much since i started playing, all thats changed is the flavour of the month and swirlys added to weapons that were already there

"Now flame away, shout, do whatever you want to do... Cuz frankly.. I just donīt give a fuck right now.. All I see is one bullshit statement followed by another."

You seem to think that you mean somthing to everyone but, the person that bitchs means nothing.

what a heap of meaningless generalisation naimex

Social-Zero
10-09-04, 23:51
KK makes me sad :(

Opar
11-09-04, 00:11
Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road.
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go.
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why.
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind.
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time.

Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial.
For what it's worth, it was worth all the while.

Just whacked that song on. Great tune. One of my favourite songs to reflect with. If you just read through it, you can relate almost all of it to Neocron.

Im at a fork in the road at the moment. Stay or go? Simple as. The goo dtimes I've had in this game are telling me to stay, KKs attitude etc. is telling me to go. Still frames? Memories? Indeed. I remember lots of good times. I remember the big OP wars, the time I hung out on TeamSpeak with the guys from SHIELD. Times I will NEVER forget.

'For what its worth, it worth all the while' The time I spent playing Neocron was worth it, without doubt. If I were to leave, I WOULD miss it. No doubt.

Just thinking.

-REMUS-
11-09-04, 00:13
definately opar i hear what your saying loud and clear.

don't like the song tho :p

Genty
11-09-04, 00:14
New Mobs = In Hacknet firing binary weapons.

Can't remember what else was in your post but everyone is rather uptight about all these things. I don't understand why people can't just sit back and either wait for retail if they are so pissed with beta or fade away to a better game.

As a rule of thumb I only play open beta for the first week or so before the majority of the players are arseholes, same was in NC1.

Why do you take it? Because you still love the game and you know it.

Opar
11-09-04, 00:18
Oh god. I've nearly got myself crying here :p

Seems sad that one song can do this to me :\

naimex
11-09-04, 00:24
You know you are contradicting yourself..

You ask if I always follow the crowd...

Iīm here... you just said people were leaving.. that means by your definition the crowd is leaving..

I think you are the one following the crowd..

And its more like 98 % of the game that worked and 2 % that didnt.. so again.. bullshit statements.. with your 50 %..

I never answered for anyone else when I said I was impressed with nc2... yet you say im generalisating.... You donīt know what youīre writing.

You say they donīt listen to the players... There has been several things proposed by players that made it ingame.. again you are focusing on what didnīt get ingame..

The other things I have decided not to quote you for, because they are too obvious and you have clearly not been thinking for very long about what you were writing.

However :

You seem to think that you mean somthing to everyone but, the person that bitchs means nothing.

I have NEVER said I was someone special, and I have never been treated as someone special, so once again, I will have to say, you have no idea what youīre writing.

and then you close it up with me generalisating.. but Iīm not.

Anything else you want out of your system ? Throw it at me.. shout it at me.. go ahead..

But please.. make it somthing that actually matters.... because :

All I see is one bullshit statement followed by another.

Clownst0pper
11-09-04, 00:26
Sorry OPAR, but DOY iteself looks truely brilliant.

Neocron itself is 10x better looking, although viarosso zones have yet to be updated.

The character models look amazing, and anyone who says otherwise needs to boot up NC1.

I think your just being negative and really need to play beta..more.

Lucid Dream
11-09-04, 00:27
I was quite impressed with NC2, Hacknet, DoY, new models, WoC all top notch in my book - however the negative things reakktor has chosen to do with regards to items and such, far outweigh the good.

Clownst0pper
11-09-04, 00:29
I was quite impressed with NC2, Hacknet, DoY, new models, WoC all top notch in my book - however the negative things reakktor has chosen to do with regards to items and such, far outweigh the good.

Whats wrong with removing poison sanctum and cath sanctum?

And removing kami chips and spirit mods because 99% were duped? O_o

Opar
11-09-04, 00:32
I agree Koro, DoY DOES look (comparativley) amazing for an MMORPG. The textures are brilliant, its well designed. Its superb. Kudos to KK.

Neocron is, well... Neocron with a few dark patches added to it, IMO. Its like someones taken some black cake icing and let loose.

EDIT : Koro, Lucid spent like, 4 months getting his Spirit mod + 5 slot SH......

Dribble Joy
11-09-04, 00:33
Limit one kami per char/only implanted kami chips?

Spirit ammo need to be removed, then the mods and the modded guns can remain.

Clownst0pper
11-09-04, 00:35
I agree Koro, DoY DOES look (comparativley) amazing for an MMORPG. The textures are brilliant, its well designed. Its superb. Kudos to KK.

Neocron is, well... Neocron with a few dark patches added to it, IMO. Its like someones taken some black cake icing and let loose.

EDIT : Koro, Lucid spent like, 4 months getting his Spirit mod + 5 slot SH......

Try from the day of its birth, too 3 weeks ago. And thats when I got my 4 slot silent hunter, with a spirit mod.

I gave it away a week later, Y? Because its an overpowered item with no negative after effects, but can cripple a battle in seconds.

Spirit ammo need to be removed, then the mods and the modded guns can remain.

What use a gun with no ammo? :rolleyes:

naimex
11-09-04, 00:37
What use a gun with no ammo? :rolleyes:

think DJ means, so the silent hunter isnt lost.. it can still use normal ammo, or other ammo if it has multiple ammo mods..

as i understood it, all SHs with those spirit mods were to be removed..

Clownst0pper
11-09-04, 00:39
think DJ means, so the silent hunter isnt lost.. it can still use normal ammo, or other ammo if it has multiple ammo mods..

as i understood it, all SHs with those spirit mods were to be removed..

Fair enough, understandable to be annoyed at.

Simply get a new one at retail now, or get a new one in DOY.

Lets face it, SH's suck without spirit mods and ammo anyway :p

athon
11-09-04, 01:06
Fair enough, understandable to be annoyed at.

Simply get a new one at retail now, or get a new one in DOY.

Lets face it, SH's suck without spirit mods and ammo anyway :p
Nah, it's just about pounding away at the PPU's until you catch them when their buffs run out - then you make them shit themselves as they go down to half health, and if you're lucky either you can squeeze of a second shot (stupid slow PPU) or if your team is sharp enough they'll pick up on it and finish him off.

If I'm attacking someone with my SH they always send someone to find me. Just a shame it's a bit easy with the current dificiencies in the game engine.

Athon Solo

Clownst0pper
11-09-04, 01:10
Nah, it's just about pounding away at the PPU's until you catch them when their buffs run out - then you make them shit themselves as they go down to half health, and if you're lucky either you can squeeze of a second shot (stupid slow PPU) or if your team is sharp enough they'll pick up on it and finish him off.

If I'm attacking someone with my SH they always send someone to find me. Just a shame it's a bit easy with the current dificiencies in the game engine.

Athon Solo

True, however, I gaurentee an intelligant PPU will NEVER die to a single silent hunter, there slow ROF, and small clip size, + clipping and distance problems doesnt help what so ever.

They do need some loving

Dribble Joy
11-09-04, 01:14
That said a PE/tank/spy(withoutstealth) is mince meat to an SH sniper.

PPUs need a different 'solution'.

john irons
11-09-04, 01:38
tbh thoes screenies in that other thread look beter than the beta.
sounds wierd i know but they do.

ugh i cant help it but i just want to throttle everyone of these so called game developers for just not trying hard enough.

one of the "big updates" was the new furniture in appartments.

oh wow such a big thing that should have been in the game from the start.
here's a pic of my appartment.

FBI
11-09-04, 01:52
Personallymy opinion is proportionate to neocron1 beta4's opinion.

Atleast, nc1 beta4 was fun... i mean really FUN, those who were there knew
it as well. Playing the game for so long is not what made neocron boring, KK
changing things have made it worse since then.

In beta4, the dupe exploit was known by ALL... everyone knew, and many did
report it, contrary to popular belief. Then in NC1 retail, the exploit still existed,
allowing paying users to duplicate expensive items thousands of times. It was
only fixed when they actually logged into the most infamous and suspicious clan,
EON, did they find "proof" that duping was going on in the clan cabs.

It took KK about 1 day to fix a problem that existed for _months_ that basically
destroyed neocron1 retail, especially on pluto... but saturn as well. The economy
was doomed from the beginning before it even got a chance to flourish.

Now, perhaps this was a communication issue between staff members to the
developer, we will never know. But, keep this in mind when you are in nc2 and
think everything will be fine and all bugs will be fixed.

Oh.. the old days, tossing 1billion cr Cashcubes off top of medicare to hundreds
of people in plaza1, everyone saw it... KK knew about... nothing happened.

KKeep what faith?

Watching nc2 unfold is like watching the pendulum slowly fall onto a poor victim
strapped to a bed thus causing death.

I like this imagry better than the sinking boat for sure.

edit: oh my point is that, while nc2 adds alot of stuff, improves the game visually
and in content, it's not 2 years worth of work, it's not worth all the delays
and it's not worth all the lies, it's just an last attempt to revive the game. I
hope they pull it off, perhaps with dupes gone, nc2 has a better chance to
succeed, with a functionaly economy that is.

But still, to pay for this late expansion pack is an insult, especially to the loyal
fanbase who've supported them from day 1. It's not the money, it's the
principle. But in business, there's only money to make, not praise from paying
users whov'e they got by the hook.

Parad0x -FBI

ZzarGladius
11-09-04, 02:02
I must have missed it, did Neocron 2 get delayed?

john irons
11-09-04, 02:06
jesus where have you been hiding all this time fbi? :lol:

FBI
11-09-04, 02:15
jesus where have you been hiding all this time fbi? :lol:
i havn't been hiding, just havn't been contributing, giving the illusion of hiding :)

Parad0x -FBI

john irons
11-09-04, 02:20
ugh has anyone even noticed the screen shot i posted?

ZzarGladius
11-09-04, 02:29
oops, that last post from me sounded sarcastic. What is the current release date for Neocron 2?

john irons
11-09-04, 02:31
i heard september 30th but you know it's going to be delayed.
shit someone in this thread said october.
meh :confused:

ZzarGladius
11-09-04, 03:00
yeah, sorta makes me wonder. Although, I must say, I wouldn't mind too much if they delayed beta to make sure certain things made it into retail, like player run shops.

Would be nice to have such cool things on the first go.

Lachlan
11-09-04, 03:17
What is any of this accomplishing, really?

The people who are still here claiming that they have been mortally wronged by KK, by the game, whatever are only here complaining about it for one reason: To make sure that since they don't enjoy they game anymore, then no one else should either.

I mean, really. If you are that disappointed, leave and tell all of your friends not to play. But, please, go away and leave the rest of us who still enjoy and will still enjoy playing have our fun. Why do you have to try to ruin it for everyone else?

A couple of points I want everyone to ponder. First, KK up until recently were a very small, very underfunded company with a potential gold mine on their hands without enough money and enough people to really make it live up to it's full potential. Add to that a shitty publisher and you have Neocron 1 in a nutshell. Despite what people say, jokingly, they didn't waste your monthly payments on Rolexes and sports cars.

Now that KK is part of 10tacle, there hasn't been enough time since that happened for them to ramp up people, funding, or resources to know if this game has what it takes to compete "with the big boys". I think the potential gold mine is still there and KK is getting a second chance to bring it all home.

They've had to make the tough decisions (don't give me the "I'm the customer, I'm always right" bullshit) about what is right for this game in the long run. I suggest that NO ONE even dare to pretend they have all of the facts behind these decisions.

Now please, either sit down and stfu to see what's going to happen or just leave. I don't care anymore, I'm tired of seeing the bickering, the arguing, and the flaming of KK. They are doing an awesome job with what they've been given.

Thanks for listening.

Ascension
11-09-04, 03:45
TBH, i agree with Paradox.. I wasnt in NC 1 Beta but my brother was, all i can say is i agree with you! and that I really truelly feel Kk is trying to pull the wool over our eyes so to speak!

This thread has changed how I feel about the whole NC 2 crap,

2 years of work O_o yeah right :rolleyes:

Prankster26193
11-09-04, 05:09
Opar, the only reason (and NOBODY had better correct me on this, you know just as fucking well as I do this is the reason) we stick around is this,

Neocron is the ONLY mmorpg for cyber-punks. Anarchy Online is for the star trek fan, Neocron is for the Blade Runner fan.

If there were as many cyber-punk alternitives as there are D&D mmo's no-one would play neocron (sad but true).

Which reminds me, I need to finish writing up the tartarus gameplan and buy a friggen website!

deac
11-09-04, 08:50
ill pay for one month, do all the stuff, pk some noobs, fuck up my chars then ill prolly leave...

I dont play nc1 atm, soo thats why i wont like nc2.
Makes me sad really...I had a lot of fun in this game.. but the last year i been looking for something else to play. sadly there insnt many pvp mmorg's out.

Im stuck in sb now :\

Like some one said.. 19 days to bring more stuff... look at what they have added since retail of nc1.... not much.. hardly ANY new models.

I wish kk all the luck with nc2 becuase i had fun in nc1, and they are going to need it.

athon
11-09-04, 10:24
Where have KK ever claimed that DoY is two years worth of work? NO WHERE!

During the past two years KK have also spent much time developing and bug fixing NC1 - not all that time spent on NC2 / BDoY, and no one official have ever claimed so. The only people who try to claim it are dumb users - "well NC1 went retail 2 years ago so KK must've started coding DoY then".

Athon Solo

Benjie
11-09-04, 10:32
Little things like Nema, NC1 patches, and trying to establish a better publishing deal. NC2 doesn't feel like 2 years work because it isn't two years work. :rolleyes:

Smeg 'eads!

Richard Slade
11-09-04, 10:45
Little things like Nema, NC1 patches, and trying to establish a better publishing deal. NC2 doesn't feel like 2 years work because it isn't two years work. :rolleyes:

Smeg 'eads!
I'll second that.
Although it IS two years of waiting.. But that's a whole different deal.

Clownst0pper
11-09-04, 11:13
tbh thoes screenies in that other thread look beter than the beta.
sounds wierd i know but they do.

ugh i cant help it but i just want to throttle everyone of these so called game developers for just not trying hard enough.

one of the "big updates" was the new furniture in appartments.

oh wow such a big thing that should have been in the game from the start.
here's a pic of my appartment.

Stunning apartment BTW :)

Wank3r
11-09-04, 11:28

During the past two years KK have also spent much time developing and bug fixing NC1 - not all that time spent on NC2 / BDoY, and no one official have ever claimed so. The only people who try to claim it are dumb users - "well NC1 went retail 2 years ago so KK must've started coding DoY then".

Athon Solo

Athon don't even talk about fucking bug fixing...Especially in NC1...

I think you should give up sticking up for KK. The bottomline is negatives out weigh positives and (in my opinion) DoY isn't work the hassle. I cancelled my account about 3 weeks ago now after some POOR support.

I'm going to play EVE Online for the free 14 days and if I like it then I'll pay for it...Or get another trial.

Opar has said it all in the title, and my reponse is. I don't! Harhar! So long SUCKERS!!!

naimex
11-09-04, 11:35
Athon don't even talk about fucking bug fixing...Especially in NC1...

I think you should give up sticking up for KK. The bottomline is negatives out weigh positives and (in my opinion) DoY isn't work the hassle. I cancelled my account about 3 weeks ago now after some POOR support.

I'm going to play EVE Online for the free 14 days and if I like it then I'll pay for it...Or get another trial.

Opar has said it all in the title, and my reponse is. I don't! Harhar! So long SUCKERS!!!

bye bye, have fun, stop posting..

If you can actually stay away, and I never see a post by you again, then you will have my respect for actually doing it, instead of just talking about it, because everyone else is.

My story goes somewhat the opposite direction..

Iīve had 2 breaks from nc..

First was when I was in the army and my money went short, I had about 2-3 weeks of cancelled account, but it wasnt really cancelled cuz i had paid for that month.

Second was recently, well about 3 months ago, when I posted my leaving thread.. canīt remember what I wrote, but basically I just needed a break, and my money was running short..
I had however paid 3 months in advance, which would have made my account go inactive the 8th of september, but a friend was nice enough to keep it alive 1 more month, and now that Iīve seen nc2, I am trying very hard to find places I can cut down my expenses so I can afford having an nc2 account.

Original monk
11-09-04, 11:45

... duped shit isnt the responsability of players that traded long and hard for there gear ...

and if this is the reason then they better remove all mc5s also, knowing KK is SO consequent (2 epics are keys so all epics gone)

bah i bet all the fucking exploiters yust gonna be back with doy, if they arent still around ...

1 big pile of horseshit

i say yes to what DJ suggested, 1 kami/char and only implanted

Wolf
11-09-04, 11:52
oh god plzzz dont give em the idea of wiping MC5s.... :(

MrChumble
11-09-04, 11:57
and if this is the reason then they better remove all mc5s also, knowing KK is SO consequent (2 epics are keys so all epics gone)
It would seem more likely that the epics are being removed because it'll now be much harder to faction hop and collect epics. Reseting them all - and adding in all the missing epic runs - means everyone can do their own epic runs, and then trade for what they need.

It only takes a few hours to do an epic, so it's not some great hardship. Removing all the epic rewards is the only sensible way to do it.

Ascension
11-09-04, 11:57
oh god plzzz dont give em the idea of wiping MC5s.... :(

lol they do, im off ;)

@ John dude that picture is seriouslly hard to beleive meet me in game i wanna see this :p

MrChumble
11-09-04, 12:05
Now please, either sit down and stfu to see what's going to happen or just leave. I don't care anymore, I'm tired of seeing the bickering, the arguing, and the flaming of KK. They are doing an awesome job with what they've been given.
Agreed. KK are working really hard with limited man-power to make NC2 a success. The least we can do as a community is support them. If NC2 takes off and KK get more money and more staff then we can start pestering them for loads more content and events, but they can't wave a magic wand and do it all now pre-release.

SjanTeN^
11-09-04, 12:11
uhm 2 years work? You can hardly call 'NC2' an expansion, and thats what we gotta pay a shitload more for?

Archeus
11-09-04, 12:12

Well they did imply it was pretty much finished about a year ago. So maybe only 1 years work.

MrChumble
11-09-04, 12:13
uhm 2 years work? You can hardly call 'NC2' an expansion, and thats what we gotta pay a shitload more for?
A shitload more? The cost of a slice of pizza a month more. If you're that hard up for pocket change go do 10 minutes overtime.

Archeus
11-09-04, 12:46
A shitload more? The cost of a slice of pizza a month more. If you're that hard up for pocket change go do 10 minutes overtime.

Assuming you get paid for overtime. :p

Actually NC1 was the cheapest MMORPG out there, NC2 will become the most expensive out there (especially to US people).

Tratos
11-09-04, 12:52
Assuming you get paid for overtime. :p

Actually NC1 was the cheapest MMORPG out there, NC2 will become the most expensive out there (especially to US people).
The occasional joys of being in england, lol Ģ8.86 a month for NC2, from about Ģ7

Dribble Joy
11-09-04, 12:53
The occasional joys of being in england, lol Ģ8.86 a month for NC2, from about Ģ7
Even less if you pay in 6 month installments. :D

Genty
11-09-04, 13:02
Another bonus for NC2. Item tracking, if there is item loss bugs I believe this will allow support to actually replace them. As they have hard evidence.

MrChumble
11-09-04, 13:08
Another bonus for NC2. Item tracking, if there is item loss bugs I believe this will allow support to actually replace them. As they have hard evidence.
And for the same reason duping should be almost, if not entirely, impossible to get away with. Or at least much easier to spot.

Obviously not good news for the dupers, but great for everyone else :)

Dribble Joy
11-09-04, 13:15
And for the same reason duping should be almost, if not entirely, impossible to get away with. Or at least much easier to spot.

Obviously not good news for the dupers, but great for everyone else :)
Which means that even IF any kamis/spirit mods/whatever were duped, they can't be any more and they can transfer them to NC2, then the meanies that did dupe them will try again, then they will be bannaged and we are all happy.

Lachlan
11-09-04, 14:37
Which means that even IF any kamis/spirit mods/whatever were duped, they can't be any more and they can transfer them to NC2, then the meanies that did dupe them will try again, then they will be bannaged and we are all happy.
Wow. What else can I say? You've convinced me. Kamis and the other stuff they're removing from the game completely should stay. In fact, you've made such a compelling argument that I'm sure KK will forget about the actual reason for why they're being removed, cancel the replacement items they've planned, and keep them in.

What was I thinking?! It's all so simple!

john irons
11-09-04, 16:52
[ edited ]

Genty
11-09-04, 17:12
[ edited ]

Really? I thought it was from some weird AvP Mod....oh wait...

john irons
11-09-04, 17:30
[ edited ]
i mean come on kk,
you added a new city and thats it?.
player shops
air vhc's
woc skills
7 more epics?
kami chips
devourourer
new adjustable apartments
new characte models
pe pa
camo tank pa
some new drugs.
what else is there?
in two years.

Mattimeo
11-09-04, 17:52

Pizza by the slice must be very expensive where you live.

MrChumble
11-09-04, 17:55
Pizza by the slice must be very expensive where you live.
Domino's medium pizza, Ģ9.99. Eight slices...so yeah pretty expensive :D

[ edited ]

Seven
11-09-04, 18:16
It only takes a few hours to do an epic, so it's not some great hardship.

LE players can no longer do epics because of the rank 30 rule.
They took out their LE to do the epic, were able to enjoy that part of the game, put back their LE and continued to enjoy the game.
Now, they lose their epic items and can no longer get them.

This has been brought up since day one after the epic wipe announcement in various threads, but has yet to be addressed.
Usually when KK is quiet about an issue it means fuck all to the community.

Given the benifit of the doubt, we'll see what the new CEO does.

Mattimeo
11-09-04, 18:21
Domino's medium pizza, Ģ9.99. Eight slices...so yeah pretty expensive :D

@John Irons, you have to keep in mind that the other game is little more than an NC wannabe. More areas, yeah. Better gameplay, hell no. Time will tell though, it's still in beta as well.

yeah, but thats still not $6 a slice.

but you do pay an awful lot for pizza. for that much here you can get 3 medium pizzas ><.

Roc-a-fella
11-09-04, 18:32
The point is, im NOT taking it.

"Ihre Kündigung wurde gespeichert.
We got your cancel request and process it as fast as possible."

naimex
11-09-04, 19:08
John Irons, you are just another proof of what I said..

As much as you may hate me, you are lying and deceiving yourself..

You hate this game, you recent it, you constantly find things you like better, and you call us fanboys for seeing what is actually there instead of what isnīt.

Why are you still here, when you hate it so much, why are you still posting here, when you have no interest in this game.

Why donīt you leave. Why donīt you go away, why donīt you go play your precious game..

I would rather be a fanboy and have fun, than become whatever you are, for what you are describing is that you have nothing you like in this game. Then why bother... You wouldnīt bother with anything else in the real world if it was not fun, would you ?

Go on, be pissed off at me, I donīt care, I have no power of what you think of me, and I wish not to have it either. Youīre only ruining the pleasure of this game for yourself.

You can search forever, but you will never find a better game.

It has itīs flaws as games do, people exploit and hack and cheat as they do in everything else, you blame KK..... Blame the ones making the hacks and cheats, and blame the people using them... you can ask them to find prevention and means of removing these things.. but you can not blame it on them.

So once again, I ask of you, to go somewhere else and have fun, instead of sitting here and being a sad, annoyed person hating everything there is to hate.

Genty
11-09-04, 19:11
[ edited ]

PsynetNeo
11-09-04, 19:36
Goodbye Neocron Runner,

hereby we confirm the receit of your cancellation. We deeply regret
that you made that step.

I don't ;)

May be back for nc2 at a much later date.. but nothing here to keep me interested, and i can't be arsed about bitching all about how shit kk are because i just don't care.. time to move on
Cya to all the people i know in game, have fun

athon
11-09-04, 19:40
[ edited ]
i mean come on kk,
you added a new city and thats it?.
player shops
air vhc's
woc skills
7 more epics?
kami chips
devourourer
new adjustable apartments
new characte models
pe pa
camo tank pa
some new drugs.
what else is there?
in two years.
[ edited ]

2) From memory...
Stealth tools
Spy PA
Monk PA
MC5 chips & location
Newbie MC5 (vastly improved since I started - signs, skill advisors)
Anti rad suits
Both types of DoY units (AKA Johnny 5's)
Terminator (rare shotgun)
Spirit mods, ammo, and storyline (which was rather fun when a largish FA op attack force that was massing got attacked by Morrietti)

And a few things you missed from BDoY:
More quests, NPCs
Faction based item distribution system
The guys at the front desk on the faction HQs (can't remember their titles off hand)
Revamped wastelands sectors
New mobs (even if the only ones I've seen so far are larger versions of current ones)
Revamped Neocron
Updated, much more stable engine (have you seen the server populations! (BTW 100% = 1000 people) - never would've been possible in NC1)
Anarchy Breed faction sympathy + membership when not a member of another faction
New StockX system

Athon Solo

Nidhogg
11-09-04, 19:42
No more discussion of FOMK on this thread, and no more leaving posts either. I will close it if I see one more of either.

N

Indrid Cold
11-09-04, 19:51
Before I start, whoever posted this:
The feedback on KK isnīt very constructive.

Bull fucking shit. The community has always been more than constructive, be it negative or positive. I'm pretty sure KK listens, but they just don't care for feedback because it's THEIR game.

Here's the deal. DoY has been delayed forever, and forever and ever. Then to try and justify it KK and the powers that be want to add a fee and call it a sequel.
I feel way let down each time it gets delayed, and I am sure a whole bunch of other people in the communnity do too.

This NeoCron 2 is NOT a sequel, and here are my reasons why.

In all decent game sequels, the game is based off the prequel but often involves new playstyles, or areas, or things, but retains the strong qualitys of the prequel and simply holds onto those for the sequel.

Here's what NeoCron 2 IS:

·Dome of York finally implimented.
·Poor graphics upgrade of player models, strippers, and some better textures for most of the two cities.
·Some new structures and NPCs in the wastes.
·Customizable Apartments
·Hacknet
·You get to lose all the time you invested for epics, and collecting rare things, from all the small amount of content in NeoCron1.

NeoCron 2 should have been a whole new game, with familiar places and good qualities of the old game. Maybe on the other side of the planet, or a different area with new classes/races.

Lets say you went to a restaurant, and you kinda liked thier burgers and ate there on occasion. But as time progressed other restaurants used better ingredients and spices to make a better burger so you ate there too. Suddenly the old resuraunt say's they've got a new awesomer burger. You go there and open the burgers pretty new foild embossed box only to find the same squashed POS burger that was what you ate a year ago, you too might be dissapointed.

Megatron said it best: "New packaging, same product, losers"

NeoCron2 shoulda have just remained a very delayed expansion.

I don't see how paying customers could not be mad at the poor service and track record of this company. Their customer service boils down to, "Shut up and deal with it bitch".

Just think, you get to pay MORE for delays, same bugs, and barley any content.

And to all you people who say "It's just beta", they have two weeks. Beta means almost released. Why would they have you download a gig and a half without the new content in it to test it? So they could waste more money on bandwith costs?

-REMUS-
11-09-04, 20:18
"You know you are contradicting yourself..

You ask if I always follow the crowd...

Iīm here... you just said people were leaving.. that means by your definition the crowd is leaving..

I think you are the one following the crowd.."

Can you even count naimex? Lets take a look at the little poll thats in pretty neon colours that was posted by evs just a little while ago naimex.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=109878

gee wizz would you look at those figures.

40 - leave totally
8 - play nc1
148 - play nc2
34 - stay around and moan

Think about what you say mmkay...

"And its more like 98 % of the game that worked and 2 % that didnt.. so again.. bullshit statements.. with your 50 %.."

if you read my little statement properly rather than looking for something to nit pick, I was asking you a question. I didn't say nc was 50% failure BUT 98% is a bull shit statement too fool since you dont know for a fact how much they have let us down, in my opinion they manage to get around 75% of promises through, you hypocrite.

"I never answered for anyone else when I said I was impressed with nc2... yet you say im generalisating.... You donīt know what youīre writing."

Your whole reply was saying "stfu and go away if you dont like it" I stated the fact that just becuase you like it doesnt mean everyone else has to, get a grip naimex.

"You say they donīt listen to the players... There has been several things proposed by players that made it ingame.. again you are focusing on what didnīt get ingame.."

I don't think there is anything in my post that i confessed i was upset about it not making it into nc2? I think your using your imagination now naimex...

"The other things I have decided not to quote you for, because they are too obvious and you have clearly not been thinking for very long about what you were writing."

If thats true then what you have just replied with is utter drivel.

However :

"I have NEVER said I was someone special, and I have never been treated as someone special, so once again, I will have to say, you have no idea what youīre writing."

You are, you are saying that everyone else is bitching and moaning about nothing. Hence you must have a UNIQUE perspective that us lesser mortals don't.

"and then you close it up with me generalisating.. but Iīm not."

You are saying that what people are saying is bull shit and I won't have it naimex, just because your opinion differs, doesnt mean other people don't mean jack, [ edited ]

Genty
11-09-04, 20:20
NeoCron2 shoulda have just remained a very delayed expansion.

It is an expansion (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=109824)

I don't see how paying customers could not be mad at the poor service and track record of this company. Their customer service boils down to, "Shut up and deal with it bitch".

*blinks*

Boy you must of caught support on a bad day because as far as I have seen they give as much help as they can. Hopefully with the addition of item tracking this should improve what they can do.

Just think, you get to pay MORE for delays, same bugs, and barley any content.

*sighs*

Benjie
11-09-04, 20:22
People who are leaving will all come back eventually. You know it and so do I.

:lol: <-- evil

Wolf
11-09-04, 20:31
Lol the amount of people moaning is getting to an all time high lately.

For gods sake if you hate NC or KK that much just leave...........quietly :p - i dont care if i get flamed to hell for this or whatever, but ffs, give em a chance, they are trying (KK).
How many times has the delays for doy been brought up & bitched about?? & people moaning on & on about the new char models....its still open beta = still not finished.

Only people that should imo be bitching atm are when another weapon/mod gets announced its being wiped at the last min i.e the whole sh/spirit mod saga...

anyway sod it flame on ;)

Nvidia
11-09-04, 20:50
Reposted from an earlier thread of mine. I'm STILL waiting for an answer KK. Get some balls and answer the question, explain your reasoning. I don't understand it, and I'm DEFINITELY not the only one.

Not to mention the fact that it seems Lucid Dream's thread about his sad flash animation is 'mysteriously' gone, where much of the bitching about YOUR decision took place?

I've defended KK for such a long time. Always telling people that if they left, they'd be back. If KK goes through with this decision, I WILL leave, and unlike most of you, I won't turn my head and look back. I get more "FUCK YOU'S" every day than I can count at work. I DON'T need to come home, and pay for a game to tell me the same thing!

-----------------------------------------

So now my rifle spy doesn't have the right specs to use all of the high-end (READ: worth-using) rifles and cap them fully?

So now my almost-capped APU can't use any of his fucking spells because he doesn't have the required MST for the only two weapons I was planning on taking with me, and now I need to scramble to get an energy beam built on Pluto, when there's NO tradeskillers left willing to do work?

This was some wonderful fucking planning, and some EXCELLENT time to tell everyone about it!

If you guys would have told us this when you said epic chips were being wiped, I would have understood. That would have been a perfectly reasonable time to tell everyone.

But no... you wait until after everyone's left... everyone's already downloaded the beta, and no longer has any kind of will to log into NC1?

Thanatos, this is why I emailed you the proposal about the Community PR Representative. To AVOID things like this. But of course, I never heard another thing about it until Ratman took over, and completely passed over the English community.

I'm sorry. I love your game to death. I want it to succeed to it's fullest possible potential. I want to see 15 servers up with 100% on at least ten of them. I really thought you guys were making EXCELLENT progress with the beta. You guys ARE making excellent progress. It's coming along great.

However, you CAN'T make split-second decisions like this, when you're worried about the new people coming into the game. Have you forgotten your loyal customers who supported you guys the entire time you were furiously working on DoY?

When I read this:

"Items that are being removed from the game for good:
Holy Posion Sanctum
Holy Catharsis Sanctum
Kamikaze Chips
Belt of Zargerus and similar unused quest items
Spirit Mod and Ammo (possibly all Silent Hunters if the weapons no longer work when the mod is removed)"

It just went through my head as, "Fuck you." Nothing more, nothing less.

If you guys WANT a fresh start with this game, if you want this game to SUCCEED, you CANNOT make these kind of decisions after people prepare their characters for a wipe.

I'm in charge of customer service for Galpin Motors out here in California. We're the number one Ford dealership in the world. Our CSI Scores (Basically scoring our customer service) are OUTSTANDING for the amount of business we conduct on a daily basis.

When the firestone incident on Explorers occured, we took action for our mistake in fitting those tires on the vehicles we sold. We told them that they NEEDED to come in, but we did it for free. It wasn't the customers fault for our tire selection, why should our loyal customers pay out the ass for our mistake (Miscommunication?)

If you're going to start doing things half-assed AGAIN, this game simply will not grow. Why even be worried about new players getting Spirit mods or Kamikazi chips? If a new player wants one so bad, they can spend the YEAR WE SPENT SAVING UP ITEMS WE ARE NOW LOSING to trade our spirit mods/kamikazi chips into their hands.

If I were to make a decision like this in my position, I would be fired on the spot. You cannot wait until the last second and 'banana' your loyal customers because you didn't think about it earlier.

You guys seem very worried about the new players, that will bring new life to this game - just don't forget about the people who brought you this far.

Archeus
11-09-04, 21:11
For gods sake if you hate NC or KK that much just leave...........quietly :p - i dont care if i get flamed to hell for this or whatever, but ffs, give em a chance, they are trying (KK).

Erm.. you know that rebuttal would be lovely except that the populations are already painfully low and on the English forum roughly 1/3 of the population said they are leaving (a lot with multiple accounts). Add to that the game will be the most expensive game on the market for US players and isn't anywhere near the quality of the other games available.

Do you really expect the player base to shoot up? And don't go quoting Beta numbers. They are mostly made up of the already dwindling playerbase and people who are only playing for the free ride.

How many times has the delays for doy been brought up & bitched about?? & people moaning on & on about the new char models....its still open beta = still not finished.

2 years since KK announced DOY release and then delayed, delayed.

Open beta = still not finished. Well that is a bad way to be. Open betas are not about bug fixing and feature adding. They are about advertising and stress testing.

MrChumble
11-09-04, 21:14
Boy you must of caught support on a bad day because as far as I have seen they give as much help as they can. Hopefully with the addition of item tracking this should improve what they can do.
It depends who you mail. account@neocron.com are great. helpdesk@neocron.com are pretty good. But if you're sending stuff to abuse@ or exploits@ you may as well be sending them direct to /dev/null for all the difference it makes. For all I know it's the same people who answer them all, but some things just seem to get done a lot faster (or at all) than others.

Genty
11-09-04, 21:19
Open beta = still not finished. Well that is a bad way to be. Open betas are not about bug fixing and feature adding. They are about advertising and stress testing.

The only reasons i think open beta is with us currently is:
a) pressure from the community
b) pressure from the publisher

I agree that the game should of been at a higher percent of completion before making it open beta but at the moment, it's not, wheather or not people decide to judge the game now or when it is released, that fact can not be changed. No one should complain about NC2 stuff until it _IS_ released and therefore a product they are paying for (if they choose to buy it) has been marked as "finished" by KK.

Remember however, there is a reason why they are not releasing the game in a boxed version yet, there is a reason they are keeping the American market till later. IMO, if it is released on the 29th of September it's going to be a rough ride over the following months. Time can only tell what the future holds and I feel they are not advertising just yet due to that reason.

But if you're sending stuff to abuse@ or exploits@ you may as well be sending them direct to /dev/null for all the difference it makes. For all I know it's the same people who answer them all, but some things just seem to get done a lot faster (or at all) than others.

The thing with exploits and stuff is that they are probably hard to prove in some situations and it is very possible that if you think someone is exploiting a bug could be involved and therefore no action is taken on that person. Although it may be an important issue it does not warrent a speedy responce like problems aimed at helpdesk@ and account@ which in my experience with using them are easily sorted.

Wolf
11-09-04, 23:00
Add to that the game will be the most expensive game on the market for US players and isn't anywhere near the quality of the other games available.

Is that true? sorry had no idea that it was, thought it was still one of the lowest around :(

I still think the population could go up.....just if they didnt focus on the german market so damn much (nothing against them) but no disc release anywhere else yet?. Ok fair enough we can all download it, but theres still the fairly casual player that isnt going to know it exists if it isnt on a shelf - if you get my meaning.

john irons
11-09-04, 23:05
John Irons, you are just another proof of what I said..

As much as you may hate me, you are lying and deceiving yourself..

You hate this game, you recent it, you constantly find things you like better, and you call us fanboys for seeing what is actually there instead of what isnīt.

Why are you still here, when you hate it so much, why are you still posting here, when you have no interest in this game.

Why donīt you leave. Why donīt you go away, why donīt you go play your precious game..

I would rather be a fanboy and have fun, than become whatever you are, for what you are describing is that you have nothing you like in this game. Then why bother... You wouldnīt bother with anything else in the real world if it was not fun, would you ?

Go on, be pissed off at me, I donīt care, I have no power of what you think of me, and I wish not to have it either. Youīre only ruining the pleasure of this game for yourself.

You can search forever, but you will never find a better game.

It has itīs flaws as games do, people exploit and hack and cheat as they do in everything else, you blame KK..... Blame the ones making the hacks and cheats, and blame the people using them... you can ask them to find prevention and means of removing these things.. but you can not blame it on them.

So once again, I ask of you, to go somewhere else and have fun, instead of sitting here and being a sad, annoyed person hating everything there is to hate.

BECAUSE THIS IS MY FUCKING GAME

MrChumble
11-09-04, 23:09
BECAUSE THIS IS MY FUCKING GAME
I thought it was KK's o_O

Wolf
11-09-04, 23:10
here we go *ducks for cover* :lol:

john irons
11-09-04, 23:15
i want mjs and all his buddies to go the fuck away and let me and anyone else in the comunity who feels they have the skills to help me make this game the way it should be.

huge open wastelands

big ol nasty air vhcs mechs,
ability to control wb's

2 or 3 big citys with open streets not cramped little things.
you know like judge dred or blade runner.

hovering cars that you can fly around the high rise city scape like in the fifth element.
comeon people give me some ideas of what you think should be in the game and see if kk take notice what so ever ;)

Spermy
11-09-04, 23:16
i want mjs and all his buddies to go the fuck away and let me and anyone else in the comunity who feels they have the skills to help me make this game the way it should be.

Somehow - I don't think the real user is using that account...

Either that or he's gone stark raving bonkers...

MrChumble
11-09-04, 23:18
i want mjs and all his buddies to go the fuck away and let me and anyone else in the comunity who feels they have the skills to help me make this game the way it should be.Here's the thing...I secretly believe I have it in me to become the next Ian Thorpe. But put me in the water and I'd most likely die after 20 lengths.

You may think you can make a better game than KK, but given the chance you'd be out of your depth.

Leave it to the professionals. If you don't like how they do it - and here's the science bit kids - play something else.

john irons
11-09-04, 23:20
[ edited ]

how about making reagents legacy a small city in it's own right and any player that starts there has a mutant avatar.

or mabey a new city over the ocean where everyone in it is a murdours robot?

how about autobans to and from doy and nc where you can drive your hh wheeler at stupidly fast speeds.

how about converting 4 of our current wastland zones into 1 zone.?

Spermy
11-09-04, 23:21
[ edited ]

Dude - chill - it's just a game, Beer and footy exist too :)

As do womenz, sunlight and fluffy little animals. OOH! and Not forgetting steve the wee crab :D

MrChumble
11-09-04, 23:22
[ edited ]
I could, that's true. But I like NC2 and KK, so I'll stay for now thanks.

Genty
11-09-04, 23:22
Tonight on, "when pixie's go mad!".......

Spermy
11-09-04, 23:23
Tonight on, "when pixie's go mad!".......

Siggied. :D :D :D

MrChumble
11-09-04, 23:30
It's not generally a good idea to edit stuff back in that Nid has edited out. I mean even on a good day that would bring the hammer down, and today doesn't seem to be a good day in modland.

Genty
11-09-04, 23:32
It's not generally a good idea to edit stuff back in that Nid has edited out. I mean even on a good day that would bring the hammer down, and today doesn't seem to be a good day in modland.

To be fair I don't think he meant to, he was probably already mid-edit when Nid edited.

MrChumble
11-09-04, 23:33
To be fair I don't think he meant to, he was probably already mid-edit when Nid edited.
Yeah I assumed the same. I was more just pointing it out in case he missed it.

NS_CHROME54
11-09-04, 23:36
<cheese>

"we're not gooonna taaake it!
noooo we're not gonna taaake it!
we're not gooonna taaake it... anymooore!"

</cheese>

:p

look familiar? it should. the thread is full of it. notice the original writers of this jingle were at the top of the world when it was released, then we never heard from them again? that will probably be the fate of many who share the above view in this thread. for one reason or another.

Social-Zero
11-09-04, 23:46
I told you so :o

Swelly
11-09-04, 23:52
Seems I missed something in this big thread
You all (most) been playing retail of NC 2 ?
At least it seems like it as you all know how the game is
even if only a bit is implemented yet in it.
Guess I downloaded wrong version or something.
Why donīt you that hate the game wait until retail is out and see
I cannot say it is perfect.But at least better than lots of other mmorpg games
like for example swg that did ban my account because some jerk tipped me duped cash.So just wait until retail is out and then flame and scream.because at that time I can be ingame playing instead of reading all idiotic comments about a game that is still in beta.
And for those who like that game.Keep on playing ;)

Genty
11-09-04, 23:59
I told you so :o

You told us what? :confused:

Opar
14-09-04, 16:44
Okay, sorry to bump this, but after much thinking, I'vde decided I WILL be transferring both of my accounts over to NC2, and most likely set up a lil business.

Oh yeah, and I started a new droner, and (surprise surprise) Neocrack has caught me again.....

MegaCorp
15-09-04, 00:54
I like what someone said earlier in this thread, that being [more or less]: the reason for existing players to buy NC2 is because you have not yet grown bored with Neocron per se.

You don't buy NC2 because of promised NC2 features, nor do you buy NC2 in hopes of better balance between the character classes, nor in hopes of having a more exciting Op War experience or a more workable faction sympathy system, nor for any of the other things that could be listed here. You buy it because you're pretty sure you'll simply continue to have fun. But if you buy it for any of those other reasons ... then you may end up being very disappointed. With that perspective, its easy to decide what to do.

Me, i have had lots of fun with Neocron. Unless KK jerks us around a lot more, to the point where they drive me away in utter anger/frustration, i expect to be playing NC2 sometime after release when its reasonably stable.

Spook @ Pluto

[TgR]HusK
15-09-04, 00:58
Not reading this whole extreemly large post with reply's I can pretty much gues I have only one thing to say :p

Reakktor should next time resort to 3DRealms favorite statement: Released 'When It's Done'

Ixiod
15-09-04, 06:48
IRT Title "Why do we take this?" : Because we have friends in the game, but that's not a good reason to stay on a game. You can have fun doing anything with friends. Get their e-mails and keep in touch. Meet up in another game.