PDA

View Full Version : With reference to a brand new movie about DoY.Discuss chip removal - Why?

zii
10-09-04, 17:36
it was fine until the text

this smells like a leaving thread

closed

No, the topic of conversation changed, so no, it wasn't a closing thread.

However, I don't make the rules around here.

The movie just started a discussion.

So lets continue the discussion under this thread, which is about staying in NC2 and discussing subjects.

Nice video - says a lot.

I was all for a completely fresh start for NC2 since the beginning. Then there was mention of character transfer with a decent number of items. I guess I was ok with that as long as everyone got to. Then I see APU/PPU capped combos running around NEOCRON killing every non-LEd player they see simply because their capped chars, first day of character transfer, can. Fuck all the little guys. Make them hate the game in the first 3 days and leave. Good idea. Oh, but heavens no, we can't let players be impervious to poison, delete the Holy Antipoison Sanctum

The few people even interested in NC left that are in SXR kept asking questions about it's future, and I kept saying, "We can't make any decisions at all thanks to KK's style of drastic decision making that never gets informed in a timely manner or is blatently wrong in the timeframe it states anyway" - then they change the "what you can carry over list" once they decide to do it. Cute. So all the people who have been scrambling to TRADE and acquire parts and weapons for the past month, these players who KK obviously fucking knows are doing this for hours on end to get a spirit mod, or kami cpu, etc - have just *wasted* thier time and lost any leverage for stuff that they might be lucky enough to carry over. I traded Kamis for MC5 chips and now I feel bad because KK, not me, screwed those people over.

So the latest head-spinning decision, was "only made two days ago" - so due to "internal miscommunication" - we didn't get to know until the day the first test is run... this couldn't be, oh, I don't know, hinted to that there were items in question that you weren't sure about? Or did KK really sit down on Monday and say "Hey guys, I know this is totally out of the blue and we never ever mentioned it before, but let's cut out these items..." - the decision may have been made 2 days prior - but the possibility of a decision that effects the entire existing playerbase... god, is there just a lack of common sense around here? I don't even give a shit about the items - but I hate seeing my fellow gamers screwed over. Player retention, I suppose, is not a big priority.

Again, I was all for the COMPLETE, start-from-scratch, Neocron "2" - but instead we have this twisted, half-ass form of character transfer. I am exponentially losing interest in this game everyday. You would've retained more players if you just flat out said "no, stuff doesn't carry over" - people would've bitched and moaned, some would've left, the end. Many of them would've come back ANYWAY - and then you would've had all that "character transfer" BS time in development for important things like, Oh, let's say Playerrun Shops?

If the DoY Beta server, which is FREE right now, with a FREE download, only hits 700 (I've just not seen higher myself) at it's peak times - and we split that into 4 servers where you have to PAY... None of those servers will ever see 100% and they'll be lucky to peak at 50%. I swear to God this whole thing is a god damn joke sometimes. For the entire world sans one country, the marketing is fucked up. The attempts to appease a long-term, loyal, and paying community is fucked up. The joke of "Community Reps" is fucked up. Half the shit in the beta going retail in what, 19 days? is fucked up. If NC2 isn't up to a built up standard that's been so deceivingly created by KK at the end of the month - I've decided my 'financial charity' is over. I'd rather by 3 Wendy's combo meals a month then pay for this right now. 4 Servers - this game - the amount of marketing - no way in hell this is going to live up to "MMO" RPG standards. I'm tired and done typing.
.: Playing Exclusively on Pluto Since Sept '02 :.
.: FN the Pistol Spy :. .: FuckNut the APU :.
Last edited by -FN- : Today at 08:38.
-FN-
View Public Profile
Send a private message to -FN-
Visit -FN-'s homepage!
Find More Posts by -FN-
Add -FN- to Your Buddy List
Old Today, 08:47 #33
shenten
Neocron Veteran

Report Bad Post Reply With Quote
Good movie.

I understand you fully, i'll loose a 5 slots ATPS and 3 slots HCS and a Kami APU in the process.

What's the point in playing the game with your capped chars if you loose much of your belongings in the process. For what purpose ? fairness to the new comers ? i don't give a damn about new players !! and fairness to vets that played their half complete totally bugged game for the previous 20 mounths ??? What will be the diff between a capped NC1 vet and a capped NC2 player ?? none ? i'm sorry KK folks but that is not fair.

I'll transfer, pay NC2 to KK, and then probably cancel as soon as WoW is out, to take the time to fully play it. Anyway NC2 will be bugged to hell for the next 6 mounths. I can't stand it anymore all those crashing and bugs: sorry but transfered my char: PA skin is broken, no spells anims with PA, when i synch i sometime got the APU PA1 skin like in NC1, i crashed several time (not fata they removed the messagebox lol).
So i'll transfer and cancel shortly after in case i might want to give it a try later this year.
(Formule de la construction : attention spoiler !)
FAQ FR non officielle sur le passage de NC1 à NC2

I always did wonder why Reakktor are specifically removing those items.
It doesn't make much sence to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjie
True that.
I'll request tighter moderation on this forum to increase functionality.

True to an extent. I think some people are actually testing the game. Whenether somebody makes a rant thread I usually try to guide them into making a constructive post about it in the bug report forum.

when people make rant threads cos they get bugged... you know they are playing a free game. when people calmly describe it or ask if anyone else has this problem chances are they are actually testing / reporting

Gotterdammerung
10-09-04, 17:53
please do not reopen closed threads