PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Posting Ethics

Fiskarn
09-09-04, 20:55
I found this on neoTerm (http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/)

=)

Link (http://home.comcast.net/%7Ebenbrausen/Funny/Posting.swf)

Odin
09-09-04, 21:37
Scary :p

QuantumDelta
09-09-04, 21:38
comparison between nc and steam heh...now yer in for it from the mmo junkies odin :p

...wait...mmojunkies... o_O

Odin
09-09-04, 21:42
comparison between nc and steam heh...now yer in for it from the mmo junkies odin :p

...wait...mmojunkies... o_O

Actually compared to a lot of forums I think the moderators do an excellent job of keeping it as civil as possible. Generally happy people don't post in forums so we fully expect it. If you think this is bad you should look around at some other forums.

[TgR]KILLER
09-09-04, 21:50
ohh i'm always happy. untill some *cough* guy *cough* starts pissing me off :)

lmfao @ that flash movie tho fucking ruled lol

seraphian
09-09-04, 22:19
yeah... I'm a veteren of several major forum wars, and NC's forums are really pretty well run in comparison to a LOT of the ones out there... sure we get our share of trolls and spam, but between a healthy bit of restraint (In general it seems the NC community is more tolerant that some other forums, especially of newb questions. I've yet to see someone laughed off the boards, no matter how nibish their question like: "what is neocron?") and the mods that keep a pretty tight yet relaxed lid on things.

Odin
09-09-04, 22:28
yeah... I'm a veteren of several major forum wars, and NC's forums are really pretty well run in comparison to a LOT of the ones out there... sure we get our share of trolls and spam, but between a healthy bit of restraint (In general it seems the NC community is more tolerant that some other forums, especially of newb questions. I've yet to see someone laughed off the boards, no matter how nibish their question like: "what is neocron?") and the mods that keep a pretty tight yet relaxed lid on things.

What's that.........is that positive?

/me marks the post down on his calendar

mystery8
09-09-04, 22:36
:D
Great flash movie.

Jonax
09-09-04, 22:49

Don't be surprised - There's a lot of praise for the running of NC forums, even if it isn't said. Just that ATM it's hidden under the countless of open beta topics going "OMFG NC2 sux!!!one11111" ;)

A tight shift is ran here and it's all the more better for it :) The mods need to get credit for that, especially Nidhogg - The guy runs such a tight shift he ain't got a chance of being a copper in this lifetime :lol:

Ryuben
09-09-04, 22:49

whats that odin banning some one because of personal dislikes

sorry wrong thread

/me wonders where fenix has gone and rizzy

:confused:

*runs*

Odin
09-09-04, 23:40
whats that odin banning some one because of personal dislikes

sorry wrong thread

/me wonders where fenix has gone and rizzy

:confused:

*runs*

Personal dislikes. I don't think so. Don't believe everything you hear from people. Truth and some people in this community don't go hand in hand.

MrChumble
09-09-04, 23:51
Truth and some people in this community don't go hand in hand.
"Neocron: Beyond Dome of York, coming August 2002!"

That wasn't a troll, it was dry humour.

seraphian
10-09-04, 00:16
BTW, Odin, I've always been pretty pro-KK and ESPECIALLY Pro-mod... so it's not quite fair to imply I never say anything positive... :p

you're LOADS better than other MMO forums that ban me for complaining about abuse of their customer service system, or the RPG forums that don't edit out spam and political discussions that turn into flame wars.

Ryuben
10-09-04, 00:16
Personal dislikes. I don't think so. Don't believe everything you hear from people. Truth and some people in this community don't go hand in hand.

"Neocron: Beyond Dome of York, coming August 2002!"

That wasn't a troll, it was dry humour.

i know exatly what you mean :angel:

Fiskarn
10-09-04, 00:25
BTW, Odin, I've always been pretty pro-KK and ESPECIALLY Pro-mod... so it's not quite fair to imply I never say anything positive... :p

you're LOADS better than other MMO forums that ban me for complaining about abuse of their customer service system, or the RPG forums that don't edit out spam and political discussions that turn into flame wars. I agree :) I like these boards... i must say that the mods and the hole (hmm.. how do you spell that one?? ) community (except for the bad apples) are great!

SilentEye
10-09-04, 00:55
whole* :)

QuantumDelta
10-09-04, 20:21
Actually compared to a lot of forums I think the moderators do an excellent job of keeping it as civil as possible. Generally happy people don't post in forums so we fully expect it. If you think this is bad you should look around at some other forums.
It was a joke, don't be too paranoid ;)

My only sorta comment that you might've taken any offence to was that Neocron has no real MMO Players left as far as I can tell.
Just a lotta FPS Junkies these days..