PDA

View Full Version : Removed items in NC2

Dribble Joy
09-09-04, 14:27
Unless you haven't seen this in the open beta forums allready....

These spells have been removed from the game.

Items that have/will be removed from the game:
Holy Catharsis Sanctum
Holy Posion Sanctum
Kamikaze Chips
Belt of Zargerus and other unused quest items
Spirit Mods + Ammo

Discuss.

Personnally I see no reason (other than the fact that they were potentially duped) to remove the kami chips (partly because I am bias and I use them).

Siygess
09-09-04, 14:32
Yeah, I feel for you, DJ. Welcome to the land of cookie cutter PE's. Would sir like a Pain Easer or RoG?

phunqe
09-09-04, 14:38
I use a kami on my spy but I will only let him stay combat in the beginning to hunt for money/techs and that is doable without the kami.

As for the spirit mods... well I've traded or given away all my SH's except the one with a spirit mod. I hope they will replace it if it has to be removed.

Consecro
09-09-04, 14:38
well i can understand it to an extent roumers of duping of some of the above items have been heard so rather than take in to Nc2 a load of duped items which are ment to be a rare item they just remove them.

as for the sanctums, im sure ppus can live with out them

Vampire222
09-09-04, 14:42
what a load of bullshit, now i'm actually getting pissed that kk KEEP changing things like this around.... whats next, no rares transferrable at all?

hinch
09-09-04, 14:43
as long as teh casting mana on the cath and holy cath are dropped and theyre speed is increased to a minium of 65/min then its all good.

cath should remove db/para anti por remove por so replace 2 sanctums with 2 spells or 3 singles wth 2 rares

Brammers
09-09-04, 14:44
Hmm, so the PPU's wont be able to do graves so easily. I did think those 2 spells was overpowered a little.

Ok then, thats another load of parts thrown out of the rare storage, and I hope Silent Hunters dont get removed.

Kami's - my only thought was that they made characters overpowered and unbalanced, maybe removing them is a good thing?

hinch
09-09-04, 14:48
well ppu's are now left with a total of only 3 rares

and with the casting mana required for single shot AP a single ppu could just about keep a single other char alive in the graves or in gravis. the mobs fire so far that the ppu would just about be constantly casthing AP.
unless ofc the ap spell was given as a shelt/def style effect so it say has a duration of 60 seconds this would effectively allow the ppu to still cater for more than 1 person at once as well as be able to get the odd heal off etc

Dribble Joy
09-09-04, 14:50
Kami's - my only thought was that they made characters overpowered and unbalanced, maybe removing them is a good thing?
Kamis gave a load of stat bonuses, the pistol one is;

+40 PC
+30 WEP
+15 TC, AGL, AGL

BUT;

-100 energy (total) armour
-100 piercing.

So you can cap you rof on you gun... ooh 20 more rpm on my judge, but at the cost of a complete gimpage of your defences.
Most kami chips are completely unviable.
Virtualy useless for tanks, as all str goes in HC and they nearly cap CS rof anyway.
APU kamis need a ppu so far up their arses that they have four legs, and the same thing as tanks applies to them anyway.

Vampire222
09-09-04, 14:54
itll NOT make caving harder, i seen lots of ppus perfectly capable of keeping their teams alive in graves with a simple antipoison, also, it'll be a blow to the ppu's support capabilities, in op wars cath sanc was really handy to remove para of everyone around you (doesn't everyone cry about para 24/7, would be more sensible to remove that) and in pvp poison is about useless with a ppu around, whether he does or does not use antipoison spells....

My opinion is that they should not suddenly start to remove all kinds of stuff from the game, it'll only piss off more old players, and make them leave, and things like this don't serve a goal really, kami chips are also used in a variety of ways for exotic setups, my suggestion is: Rather make kami's drop occasionally by doy mobs in the tunnels, than removing them. Also, what will happen with spirit modded SH's?

DonnyJepp
09-09-04, 15:07
shame they're pulling the Kamis, maybe they'll reoffer them again later. My PPU really likes holy antipoison sanctum too, it's a great spell for caving. Too bad they couldn't make it work for LE squads tho.

coppertop
09-09-04, 15:09
Trying not to get to pissed of about this.

AP was pretty much the only rare I did actually use in op wars, and now they're gonna remove it. I guess they dont agree about PARA because now that I have no other rares to use I can switch and become a PARA spamming whore. I never used it before but I sure will now. Not as though there are any other PPU rares worth a crap.

Hey I just had a thought. Now that I dont need the high MST req's for the cath sanctum I can reskill to PPW and have a huge psi pool to para spam u all with. Wooo hooo for me.

sanityislost
09-09-04, 15:14
well yea its kinda poo they took em out....but we still need to find the new stuff added n_n

SiL ..:..

Vampire222
09-09-04, 15:19
Yep, ppu's re turning into para spam whores again.. lets up the para freq a bit :lol:

Lucid Dream
09-09-04, 15:29
Wait wait wait, so, I will lose my spirit modded silent hunter?

evs
09-09-04, 15:37
woot so i lose my apu kami

THANKS A LOT GG :/

shenten
09-09-04, 15:49
Erf that is so unfair to remove those ppu spells sorry ...

I feel like transfering my char , and Pking any noob under lvl50 on the open beta to ruin the thing...

Lucid Dream
09-09-04, 15:51
If they take away my spirit modded silent hunter, and remove any and all possibility of getting ammo, I... i just might quit this game.

Siygess
09-09-04, 15:56
Now more than ever we need a definitive list of items that are going to be wiped.. no sneaking things through, no "oops, forgot to tell you about that".. we need to know, and you need us to know to minimise forum angst come DoY.

Will I get to keep my CA faction item, the Law Protector?
Will I get to keep my NEMAs?
Will I be able to keep my used / unused books databooks?
Will I be able to keep my faction medals?
What about things like the Dildo of Maven (it's not mine, I'm just borrowing it. No wait, that didnt come out right..)

phunqe
09-09-04, 15:58
(it's not mine, I'm just borrowing it. No wait, that didnt come out right..)

Don't despair!!!! I'll be home soon!!

Dribble Joy
09-09-04, 16:00
Exactly, what about all the other rare stuff?

What about the larent items?
What about the AR suits?
The NEMAs?
Cresent tabs?
Dildos?
Recorded datacubes?
Broken needles?
Faction items?
Old DoY ray weaponry?
All that other stuff?

MkVenner
09-09-04, 16:15
that is seriously shitty...granted im too much of a noob to have any of the kami/belts etc but its still shitty....

and what about CopBot Rifles? i aint got one http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/biggrin.gif, but i heard that there CA onlly, so if you've changed them then are we gunna be allowed them in NC@

Consecro
09-09-04, 16:17
that is seriously shitty...granted im too much of a noob to have any of the kami/belts etc but its still shitty....

and what about CopBot Rifles? i aint got one http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/biggrin.gif, but i heard that there CA onlly, so if you've changed them then are we gunna be allowed them in NC@they are avalible from CA faction in NC2 iirc however since in Nc1 they were supposted to have all been handed over to Gms

MkVenner
09-09-04, 16:18
yeah but alot of people still have em, and there wondering if they can take em over

Lucid Dream
09-09-04, 16:19
Cross posted from the other bananaing thread.

(I will try to censor myself a bit, because i am at a place where I cannot type quite as freely as at home, for all intents and purposes, banana will represent the curse word i will be using most frequently, carrot for the second most frequent.)

WHAT THE BANANA?! This is bananaing bullcarrot. I spent no less then 4 months getting a high slot silent hunter, now, not only do I lose my bananaing spirit mod, I may lose my silent hunter? Because new players can't get these items? BANANA THAT. This is how you ruin a game. Oh, I gather that unused event and quest items means I will lose my biosignature chips, rust, encrypted datacubes, etc. If thats the case, well than banana you reakktor. Seriously, this is the biggest crock of bullcarrot I have ever heard in any bananaing game I have ever played. Spent the last 8 months of my neocron time, collecting rare carrot, and for you to just take it all away because new players cant get it? That turns all my efforts for the last 8 months into nothing but a bananaing exercise in futility. This IS the type of thing that would make me quit this bananaing game. DoY is nice and all, but this is just a bullcarrot solution to something that was not a problem, now, almost nothing I had planned to take to NC2, will transfer. Thanks alot KK, thanks alot for ruining this entire game for me. Banana you, banana you up your stupid ass.

Original monk
09-09-04, 16:22
WHAT THE FUCK

I YUST PISSED MY PANTS

YA MUST BE KIDDING ME 8|

OK BEFORE I GONNA EXPLODE I WOULD LIKE TO ASK VERY KINDLY TO KK THAT THEY REVIEW THE REMOVAL OF KAMICHIPS, I GOT 3 KAMIBASED CHARS :/ (4 when ya include my hybrid who hasnt got he's psikami yet :/ )

REMOVAL OF KAMI'S IS ABOUT THE BIGGEST RIPOFF I HEARD AFTER THE FIRST HYBRIDNERF

O FUCK IM GETTING SICK, ALL THE EFFORTS, ALL THE CASH, ALL THE MULTISLOTTERS, ALL THE MC5PARTS

FAINTS

MkVenner
09-09-04, 16:23
and will you even be able to get kami's again...ive not heard of any kami's in NC2...

Siygess
09-09-04, 16:24
They already said you wont be able to get them again. They're going to go *poof* from the item DB.

Original monk
09-09-04, 16:30
and will you even be able to get kami's again...ive not heard of any kami's in NC2...

SO THIS IS YOURE THANK YOU IF YA PLAYED NC1 FOR SO LONG ? BYE BYE TO YOURE MOST PRECIOUS CHIPS ?

:mad:

I GOT A PISTOLKAMISPY A RIFLEKAMISPY AND A KAMIHYBRIDTANK :/

PLANNING TO GET A PSIKAMI TO LEVEL UP MY HYBRIDMONKEY :/

AAAAH FUCK FUCK

:( :mad: o_O 8| :eek: :( :mad: :confused: :( :mad: :eek: o_O :wtf: 8| O_o O_o :( :mad:

Consecro
09-09-04, 16:32
as i recall the kamis were intended for leveling tools for mid level chars not for capped chars to incorparate into there builds, so the kamis never got to the people who should of got them so it doesnt bother me that much of there removal, its unfortunate for the people who have spent a long time getting the chips.

Vampire222
09-09-04, 16:33
It's another "Banana you!" for lots of old neocron subscribers, i have NO idea why kk does this over and over again... changing their statements, and especially if NO explanation is given..... some people traded LOTS for a spirit mod, and now it gets deleted? thats just sad...

Carinth
09-09-04, 16:36
Bummer, my two most useful spells gone. Please reduce the casting time & cost on holy cath. It's utter crap as it is now. You could die from poison in the time it takes to cast : p I guess toxic beam will be a better weapon now, without anti p sanct to completely nullify it.

I did graves trips for long before anti p sanct existed, just means more work for the ppu and a much smaller limit on the size of a group.

Xadhoom
09-09-04, 16:39
as long as the sync process kills the poison damage, nobody will use poison beam

Original monk
09-09-04, 16:42
as i recall the kamis were intended for leveling tools for mid level chars not for capped chars to incorparate into there builds,

2 of the 3 kami'd chars there on are between 30 and 40 rank ... i capped 2 spy's before witouth kami and it was horrible by times, i need these kami's to shorten the annoying levelprocess :/

bah im getting sick again :mad:

alig
09-09-04, 16:43
I dont see a problem, whats so bad about it :wtf:

1) holy cath helps the enemy
2) holy poison sanc is only used in caves making it possible to lvl a 0/2 in high end poison caves
3) ive got some kami's and they suck and dribble if the extra 20 rof isnt that much why do you care? kami's suck period.
4) spirit mods was overpowered and even most people i know that has them agree there overpowered but because they have one they only laugh about how stupidly overpowered they are.

Dribble Joy
09-09-04, 16:47
3) ive got some kami's and they suck and dribble if the extra 20 rof isnt that much why do you care? kami's suck period.
Not the point in the slightest.
My setup is viable, but not good (you used to say I was one if not the fastest pistoler in NF).
It was FUN, it was different, noone on uranus and only one other person in NC used the same thing (though probably different setup) for the judge afaik.
Even if I didn't use it in NC2 I still want the chip to come with me.

MrChumble
09-09-04, 16:51
Losing Kami's is a shame. PPU stuff I probably won't even notice is gone. The spirit mod should never have been in the game in the first place.

It could be worse...I came so close to throwing out my holy cath, then at the last instant thought "nah better not, KK will change their minds about something" :rolleyes:

Original monk
09-09-04, 16:57

for a midlevel char, kami's own, period ...

whats next they gonna take from the NC1 players ??

they allready got some spells, now them kami's (for gods sake) and the epics ...

WHATS NEXT ???

:mad:

Lareolan
09-09-04, 16:59
Remove Holy Catharsis Sanctum and Holy Posion Sanctum... Then remove heal sanctums and finally just delete PPUs. Problem solved. Huh KK? Isn't that your normal routine?

FUCK! I thought I'd just be moving to NC2 and playing it but now I am really uncertain. The "updated" and "sped up" engine gives me at best 15 fps in an empty room now. They're removing very useful PPU spells I use constantly... This really sucks and looks like they're TRYING to make me leave :(

MISS WHIP
09-09-04, 17:05
KK dont give a FUCK about its existing customers so they can whipe whatever they want and wont take note of what the majority say on these forums.
ITS MORE LIKE A CASE OF BEND OVER SO WE CAN FUCK YOU OVER AGAIN.

Why was this not made known when they released the original item whipe list and now they make a statment like this without any explination....

MrChumble
09-09-04, 17:09
I wish they'd just wipe everything. It would cut down on confusion, and being a noob isn't so bad if everyone else is a noob as well.

Trying to balance item transfers against the new economic system is going to cause more trouble yet, this is just the start.

Delete all, then we can just get on with playing the game. It might also weed out the people who take online gaming just a little bit too seriously.

Please direct all flames to /dev/null

Consecro
09-09-04, 17:10
have kk stated why they are removing these?

if theres a pretty good reason then id say ok, wish they wouldnt change things as they go

Sakletare
09-09-04, 17:31
have kk stated why they are removing these?

if theres a pretty good reason then id say ok, wish they wouldnt change things as they go
Here. http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=110516

Dargeshaad
09-09-04, 17:41
Final nail in the coffin for my kami hybrid :mad:

Consecro
09-09-04, 18:29
Here. http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=110516
that doesnt really say why they removed such item.

you know like we removed xx because blah blah blah

jernau
09-09-04, 18:55
WTFF?

This is a joke right?

Muckign Fuppets.:mad:

Morganth
09-09-04, 19:28
Its fucked up they removed the two PPU Sanctums, as now if you cast Holy Carth you'll just get para'd/DB'd/poisoned again straight after. Increase the RoF to that of Holy Antibuff, and it might be a viable spell.

Original monk
09-09-04, 19:32
this game isnt like other games i noticed that by now, but still i wanted to say that in other games older players get that littlebit more respect ... i like to use my same old same old example of project entropia where betaplayers saw there items all changed in pregold items wich meant they couldnt wreck anymore\didnt need anymore repair ... now ffcourse in PE ya pay for youre items quite a ripp off even ... but its the basic tought that counts ... they got somesort of reward

after hearing ya lost all youre items i wasnt quite happy to say at the least luckely we could keep 10 of em on every char ... ok we could keep the superrares and 5slotters etc ... but thats not the thing that hurts ... its the collection of BPs that hurts as same as the tons of rares traded and hunted hard and long for... but imo the BPs took far more work, i dont say it wasnt fun to get em al, im saying it wouldnt be fun to get em all over again ...

i didnt started on the epicsweapons yet, and the reason of why we cant take them ... cause the (never used) appartment and the next vehicule are keys also :rolleyes: if ya yust said that a new game requires all factions etc to be reset ok, but this is a weird reason to wipe all the epicweapons also, think i know the epicruns by head now so it wouldnt be real roleplay to do em all over again, i havent tried any epicruns to see if they changed with NC2 but even then my excitement about the epics would be alot less knowing i have to do atleast 5 times the proto and bio epics yust before i can even start playing with the same setups as im used to ...

but still no real whines and complaints actually, ya hear alot promissing things about NC2 and ya still expect some nice stuff wich idd happens to be true

i tought i knew it all by now, epics gone, 10 items a char (poor 1slotserver daamn :( ), bpcollection gone snif but it didnt sounded all THAT bad

but now KK 1 month before start of NC2 ya bring me some extra happy news, complete removal of the chips that severely shorten the levelingthreadmill and are included in some setups like mine :eek: you gms yust spawn that shit but i had to trade for it weeks and months ... and pay shitloads to get the stupid shitchips

bah im off for now, havent got alot possitive to say atm, my rarest, most valuable and o so necesarry chips got ripped off :/

yust for the heck of it i post a small quote, and to youre info yes i also read the very last sentence

1. We consider you, the Neocron community, as something very special. Very few MMORPGs have such a strong and active community. We from the KK team would like to things remain that way and that will always be our goal.
2. The constant allegations that we would purposely lie to you are upsetting the whole team. We are not lying to you. On one hand, we are expected to release all information as soon as possible, while on the other hand we are being bashed each time something doesn’t go as planned. We are trying to follow a coherent strategy, but from time to time things just don’t work out as planned. We simply can’t make everyone happy all the time.

Clownst0pper
09-09-04, 19:35
You know what I find amusing?

They remove cath sanctum and anti poison sanctum - WHICH PEOPLE USE

And fucking keep in every parashock.

AHh the brilliance of KK

Dribble Joy
09-09-04, 19:36
They are SO going to use this to say; 'We balanced monks'.

Clownst0pper
09-09-04, 19:37
They are SO going to use this to say; 'We balanced monks'.

We balanced them, but weve kept in parashock just so they have an escape tool :lol: :p

Koshinn
09-09-04, 19:40
I tested a few other things

Dildos do indeed transfer. They're still just renamed flashlights.
Copbot rifles do not transfer. Well they do, but they turn into wrecked pieces of a copbot rifle, which is actually just junk. That's because copbot rifles are back in the game as a CA faction item.
CST tools (as in cst150) do NOT transfer. Don't bother.

Haven't tried NEMAs or faction medals/items or dogtags (if you're into that stuff) or tsunami rifles or anti-radiation suits, because I play on pluto and well, I already transferred my character. The stuff you'd expect to transfer like rares, spells, guns, armor, imps, all worked except what was listed above or in the official thread. PA worked.

Dargeshaad
09-09-04, 19:47
Not sure if you can expect they've implemented the removal of those items yet, causs I can transfer my kami to Beta

Dribble Joy
09-09-04, 19:49
Not sure if you can expect they've implemented the removal of those items yet, causs I can transfer my kami to Beta
Indeed, mine has come over as well, along with my spirit and larent mods.

MegaCorp
09-09-04, 20:16
Well damn. I use a Kami Rifle chip. Love it. And no i dont feel gimped wearing one. It lets me totally cap all my rifles completely, including my Silent Hunters and Disruptors; i do uber damage as a result with extreme rate of fire. The fact that i am more vulnerable with it implanted simply makes fights more of a challenge.

KK ... this really sucks. Considering how few people will *want* to transfer Kamis into NC2, why the hell can't you let that happen?!? Not like the market will be flooded with them. As is you are just creating less and less incentive for me to give a shit about NC2.

Spook @ Pluto

Darth Slayer
09-09-04, 20:18
CST tools don't transfer WTF ?
Is this the same with research tools as well as this means two of my Chas have been shot in teh goolies. Sod the KAMI chips I WANT MY TOOLS...... :mad:

Scorpius.

jernau
09-09-04, 20:22
Well KK claim it's a balance issue which IMO is bullcrap.

If, as some people seem to think, it's actually about duping then there's an easy solution - Kamis can only transfer in head slots. Problem solved.

Siygess
09-09-04, 20:24
Good idea! That is, unless, those evil exploiters have managed to dupe their heads to get more brain slots. But they ought to be pretty easy to spot.. :lol:

enigma_b17
09-09-04, 20:26
Well KK claim it's a balance issue which IMO is bullcrap.

If, as some people seem to think, it's actually about duping then there's an easy solution - Kamis can only transfer in head slots. Problem solved.

i agree again jernau :/ as i said somewhere i cant remember, they removed the only 2 useful ppu spells, and i swear to god ill slap any1 who says holy catharsis and holy true sight are useful

Carinth
09-09-04, 21:45
i agree again jernau :/ as i said somewhere i cant remember, they removed the only 2 useful ppu spells, and i swear to god ill slap any1 who says holy catharsis and holy true sight are useful

True Sight is useful...
For making pretty purple splashes around you!

Odin
09-09-04, 21:48
Please use one thread and not make multiple threads: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=110480