PDA

View Full Version : Will NC1 continue??

Nymphette79
09-09-04, 11:33
Have been playing open beta for NC2 and have decided not to go, what i want to know is, will NC1 continue or is it being wiped and if so, when?

Thanks in advance
Nymph
X X X X

garyu69
09-09-04, 11:52
It'll still continue as far as i know. Not sure for how long.

I wonder if KK would ever let other companies host NC1 servers?

naimex
09-09-04, 11:53
as far as i understood aslong as there were people playing nc1 it would continue, but again the problem is, how many people want to keep playing nc1 if 93 % have gone nc2 and 3 % has left the game..

that only leaves about 4 % left for nc1.. and i dont think many would say that that was enough, and then some more would either leave or go nc2, which in terms would leave you alone on the server, and that might just not do it for you, to pay for a game that is basically a single player game, but as far as i have understood then it will continue as long as there are customers for it.

boombang
09-09-04, 12:50
every server would be like playing on Pluto?

Frotto
09-09-04, 14:04
imagine worse... if thats even possible. Folks lets all have a moment of silence for the inevitable death of nc1. .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .. now that thats over... LONG LIVE NC2 :)

___T-X____
09-09-04, 14:05
I say roll it back to patch 160. But thats another story.

boombang
09-09-04, 15:00
since I think beta is shitty, I gone back to playing NC on Saturn... Its kinda weird. Much quieter (although more people coming back all the time), no repairers, constructors etc.

Also I think that KK should listen to this:

People playing NC (not beta only) are PAYING for that service, and yes ypou may have "more important things to do", however the constant synch nugs are making it unplayable.

(I am thinking about starting an NC players union - so we can protect our rights as consumers of the kk product, and ensure that things get done!)

Frotto
09-09-04, 16:27
I say roll it back to patch 160. But thats another story.

haha.... its been a while since i've heard anyone say that... BRAVO!

[TgR]KILLER
09-09-04, 16:36
erm to the person above.. people aint paying for beta :rolleyes:

and i don't think NC1 will last for more then a month.. there are 3 people on pluto or so and like 40 on the others.. and half those people are people just setting up their chars so they can be moved to NC2.. i don't think there will be more then 100 people playing NC1 if that much people gonna play it already. so i don't think they will keep up a server for that.

ow and its a known fact that nc1 won't get patches no more cause nc2 is here.. and if your not going to nc2 thats a given fact.

imho.. i don't see a zillion people sue microsoft cause they aint officialy supporting all old oses ( Win 95/98 me etc ) and they aint "patching" them no more..

Richard Slade
09-09-04, 16:52
People playing NC (not beta only) are PAYING for that service, and yes ypou may have "more important things to do", however the constant synch nugs are making it unplayable.
Currently NC1 is to be seen as a way to finish up your chars for the transfer,
also, you should, like everyone else, do your stuff and help out in fixing the beta.

boombang
09-09-04, 17:29
Currently NC1 is to be seen as a way to finish up your chars for the transfer,
also, you should, like everyone else, do your stuff and help out in fixing the beta.
who the fuck are you to tell me what to do?
I pay £s for NC1, beta is free to all. So why just because they are busy fixing the beta issues, those of us who continue to play + pay for the prequel must suffer?

And NC1 is not just ending now, it will be continuing for at least some time in the future, and if bugs are not solved in BDOY, may go on for a good length of time!

Richard Slade
09-09-04, 18:01
who the fuck are you to tell me what to do?
I pay £s for NC1, beta is free to all. So why just because they are busy fixing the beta issues, those of us who continue to play + pay for the prequel must suffer?

And NC1 is not just ending now, it will be continuing for at least some time in the future, and if bugs are not solved in BDOY, may go on for a good length of time!
Currently it's about 17 days 'til it ends,
and it's nice to see that you don't give a shit about helping.
It's those that makes the community here so great.. (seriously, it is)
Anyways, it's quite simple: You know they're busy with fixing the expansion,
deal with it and stop whining, in a few weeks it's going to get better so just take a chillpill and sit back instead of ranting about.
OR you could just help them and make it go faster so you won't have to wait for some support, and if you don't want to do that, that's not their fault

Doc Holliday
09-09-04, 18:45
Have been playing open beta for NC2 and have decided not to go, what i want to know is, will NC1 continue or is it being wiped and if so, when?

Thanks in advance
Nymph
X X X X

just a word of advice for u nymph. let retail hit and then move over. its shit having to level an 0/2 but thats the case. if we could all move over decent ranked chars it would be alot better. we could test more etc and play a proper beta. also it serves as a sneak peak and i actually liked the look of it. nc more than doy too. when u got your proper chars there and everyone else has theirs it will make for a game like it is now. hopefully more stable less errors and overall a good game.

besides if for now other reason theres gonna be me and ar kid playing it. ;)
what else could u ask for :angel:

___T-X____
09-09-04, 18:58
They need to finish it yet Doc by the looks of what everyone is saying :(

Nymphette79
09-09-04, 19:24
I spose im just a bit gutted that u have to lose so much stuff, do u lose all ur money too??

Plus im prolly gonna have to get a new graphics card and stick of mem to run it as my comp is a tortoise :wtf:

Doc Holliday
09-09-04, 19:27
They need to finish it yet Doc by the looks of what everyone is saying :(

yeah true but it is a beta. im betting on they get the bugs fixed first and patch shit in later for content. im still tryin to think of a few ideas for the pepper pub or other locations which are now defunct. thats what sucks more. the HQs are cool so we can level in em but the other bits are so neocron they need to be available. for roleplay for events parties etc.

Jesterthegreat
09-09-04, 19:30
even if it does continue think of the server pop's on nc classic

___T-X____
09-09-04, 19:36
Ill try to remember that Junkie

Jesterthegreat
09-09-04, 19:37
omfg... mod plz delete my multiple posts O_o

Ryuben
09-09-04, 19:38
not a double post but a 7th post

O_O wow nids gunna 3 day ban u again

___T-X____
09-09-04, 19:39
Im sure someone will Jester

Jesterthegreat
09-09-04, 19:39
not a double post but a 7th post

O_O wow nids gunna 3 day ban u again

lmao... i believe he (or smeone said somewhere) that they know multiple posts happen and to leave them as they are. mods will see they are multiple posts and delete them...

and how would i purposely post 7 times in less than 60 secs? 8|

:p

Ryuben
09-09-04, 19:40
lmao... i believe he (or smeone said somewhere) that they know multiple posts happen and to leave them as they are. mods will see they are multiple posts and delete them...

and how would i purposely post 7 times in less than 60 secs? 8|

:p
cheecking out ur forum haxs tbh :D

Jesterthegreat
09-09-04, 19:41
cheecking out ur forum haxs tbh :D

lmao... i was a hacker i would i sit around at home in front of my pc with no job all day...

wait a sec O_o

:angel:

Doc Holliday
09-09-04, 19:50
lmao... i was a hacker i would i sit around at home in front of my pc with no job all day...

wait a sec O_o

:angel:

so your a 1337 hacker then eh? :angel:

Jesterthegreat
09-09-04, 19:52
nah im an unemployed geek :p

fallout + neocron = my day

Doc Holliday
09-09-04, 19:53
nah im an unemployed geek :p

fallout + neocron = my day

u missed the joke bud. oh well. fallout > champ manager tho! ( on a scale of 1 to 10 for takin over your life. )

Jesterthegreat
09-09-04, 20:03
u missed the joke bud. oh well. fallout > champ manager tho! ( on a scale of 1 to 10 for takin over your life. )

oh they dont take over my life... but they are sure as hell an improvement on daytime TV o_O

[TgR]KILLER
09-09-04, 20:28
spam + spam = :p

gosh first 7 posts and now spamming in 1 thread ;) ;)

lol anyway.. uhm what was i gonna say.. err...

ow yea NC beta server had way over 650 people on already earlyer lol.. never seen that much people even play nc1 on all servers last few months :p

naimex
09-09-04, 20:35
KILLER']spam + spam = :p

gosh first 7 posts and now spamming in 1 thread ;) ;)

lol anyway.. uhm what was i gonna say.. err...

ow yea NC beta server had way over 650 people on already earlyer lol.. never seen that much people even play nc1 on all servers last few months :p

730+ last i was on.

Jesterthegreat
09-09-04, 20:43
730+ last i was on.

ditto.

and yeah... NC classic servers will all have a "pluto pop count" :p

boombang
09-09-04, 20:48
Currently it's about 17 days 'til it ends,
and it's nice to see that you don't give a shit about helping.
It's those that makes the community here so great.. (seriously, it is)
Anyways, it's quite simple: You know they're busy with fixing the expansion,
deal with it and stop whining, in a few weeks it's going to get better so just take a chillpill and sit back instead of ranting about.
OR you could just help them and make it go faster so you won't have to wait for some support, and if you don't want to do that, that's not their fault

i have reported loads of bugs - [ edited ]
My opinion is as valid as any other - and I think its a fair point that I pay for NC yet get crap service, although the free beta is getting all the attention.

[ edited ]

[TgR]KILLER
09-09-04, 20:56
errr keep it friendly will ya.

and as i said myself.. its like every other company does.. not just microsoft who don't bring out updates for outdated programs.. epic doesn't patch up UT no more.. and ID doens't patch Q2 no more..

and KK aint gonna patch NC1 no more.. they gonna keep 1 server for NC1 for now but as the major part of the players are moving to NC2 there won't be fuck all players on NC1.. and it won't take long before nc1 aint making them any profit and gonna shut down.

Nymphette79
09-09-04, 20:57
Just a couple of questions Richard Slade

Are u a Moderator???????
Coz u certainly act like ur Mr. KnowsAllAboutNC2
And u say that NC1 has only 17 days left, well i have more than that left on my account that i have PAID for, what happens to that if i dont go to NC2??

Jesterthegreat
09-09-04, 20:58
KILLER']errr keep it friendly will ya.

and as i said myself.. its like every other company does.. not just microsoft who don't bring out updates for outdated programs.. epic doesn't patch up UT no more.. and ID doens't patch Q2 no more..

and KK aint gonna patch NC1 no more.. they gonna keep 1 server for NC1 for now but as the major part of the players are moving to NC2 there won't be fuck all players on NC1.. and it won't take long before nc1 aint making them any profit and gonna shut down.

NC has not yet been succedded so a drop in customer service etc is unacceptable... however with like 2 weeks til NC2 release i would (personally) rather see work be done on NC2

Doc Holliday
09-09-04, 21:23
i have reported loads of bugs - [ edited ]
My opinion is as valid as any other - and I think its a fair point that I pay for NC yet get crap service, although the free beta is getting all the attention.

[ edited ]

he just said in one line what i couldnt have said to slade in a thousand. congrats boombang u made my day.

oh and nymph calm down. welcome to the troll. :p

boombang
10-09-04, 02:05
On topic, NC is alive, long live NC. I hope NC doens't just die, as it is still a great game to play, and is probably a little more noob friendly than the beta, especially in terms of finding things to buy! When retail BDOY is out, i ver much doubt I will play NC, but said before and again, we will see.

off topic of title, but on with how thread has gone:

he just said in one line what i couldnt have said to slade in a thousand. congrats boombang u made my day.

thank you - i feel VERY happy that I am not alone.

I have recieved a warning, quite rightly, for 3 posts directed towards Mr. Slade today.

I used bad language and apologise for this. HOWEVER-

I just honestly hope that the mods will realise that all a certain person does is troll, wind people up, go off topic seemingly to self-indulge.
I would love for this person to act the same rl and see what happens (please feel free to come down and act as you do in my pub!)

Doc Holliday
10-09-04, 14:21
totally agreed mate. i lost count of the rejoining threads people make and his post is first and it says who are u :wtf: .............

says it all really.

IceStorm
10-09-04, 14:33
nd NC1 is not just ending now, it will be continuing for at least some time in the future,All servers are being shut down on the 26th. All NC1 characters get moved to a database on that day. On the 29th the servers re-open, with three NC2, one Neocron Classic, and Venus. You get to choose to import your characters to Neocron Classic, or upgrade and move to NC2.

Either way, you lose all but the items in your QB, imps, and armor. As of NC2's launch, though, no more people can subscribe to NC1 which means NC1 will die eventually.